MADRID - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-12-2002, 08:48 PM   #1
Tryphon

Tryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond repute
Default MADRID

Escudé is out in the first round of qualies but I think (I'm not sure) that he's gonna play doubles with Seb.

Santoro and Boutter have won their first round of qualies.

(Grosjean and Clément are direct entries.)
Tryphon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2002, 10:50 PM   #2
country flag Lindsayfan

Lindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond repute

escude/grosjean in double? esther,what happens?
Old 10-13-2002, 01:10 AM   #3
country flag esther

esther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond repute

why did santoro have to QUALIFY???????
lmao i CANNOT believe that they are playign doubles together
Old 10-13-2002, 10:07 AM   #4
country flag Lindsayfan

Lindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond repute

cos santoro's ranking isnt so good anymore...
Old 10-13-2002, 10:14 AM   #5
Tryphon

Tryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond repute

Madrid draw has 48 players so it's high level, difficult to get in.
Of course some players are not playing due to injuries but you also have to take into consideration that some spots in the draw are reserved for qualifiers.

However Fabrice is currently ranked 49 and Nico 41 so they should have a chance of being direct entries but I'm afraid the problem is that the entry list is always published weeks in advance so probably they were ranked lower at that time.

In the nineties I was living in Paris and I was always going to the Paris-Bercy qualifications. They were players ranked between 50 and 100 so great, and it was played in a "normal" tennis club so it was very intimate, quite strange to be so close of the players, seeing them everywhere. (now they do it at Bercy though not on the main court)

I think the French boys are just trying to play doubles in every tournament till the Davis Cup, whoever their partner is.
Sebastien has no real intention to play Davis Cup doubles but he is OK to play doubles with Pioline or anybody else just to help them.
Old 10-13-2002, 01:28 PM   #6
Tryphon

Unhappy I was wrong

It's Santoro/Escudé and Boutter/Llodra.
as well as Grosjean/El Aynaoui, Clément is nowhere to be seen... Maybe he did not enter doubles because he was not sure of playing, he wasn't a direct entry in singles originally, he only gets in because some players withdrew.

Seb and Nico perhaps will play together in one of the next tournaments.
Old 10-13-2002, 06:05 PM   #7
country flag Lindsayfan

Boutter/Llodra
Escude/Santoro
Grosjean/El Aynaoui

there is the hand of Guy Forget in these weird pairs...
Old 10-14-2002, 07:55 AM   #8
country flag esther

esther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond repute

tryphon- what?? yeah i saw on seb's site too that he said he would be playing his next tournaments with escude so i wonder what happened with that...

seb and el aynaoui ( i can never spell his name right :P )???

has santoro and escude ever played together before??

yeah i would think bercy qualifying rounds woudl be a bit like the outside courts for the aus open...like the outside courts are REALLY quite small and intimate and its really good coz you're quite close to the players :P
Old 10-14-2002, 08:25 PM   #9
country flag Lindsayfan

santoro beat boutter 6-4 7-6
tomorrow i'll get on tv Arnaud vs Lopez!allez Arnaud!and Seb too!
Old 10-15-2002, 08:23 AM   #10
country flag esther

go arnaud! go seb!
Old 10-18-2002, 09:43 PM   #11
country flag Lindsayfan

Seb and Fab winning their matches!!!congrats guys!!!
Old 10-19-2002, 02:21 PM   #12
country flag esther

good luck to santoro--here's hoping theres a french in the final!
Old 10-19-2002, 07:51 PM   #13
country flag Lindsayfan

they both lost
Old 10-20-2002, 08:42 AM   #14
country flag esther

well 2 frenchies in the semis...thats still great for them
Old 10-20-2002, 11:37 AM   #15
country flag Lindsayfan

yes we must be proud of our beloved frenchies!