the AMER DELIC thread !!!! - Page 22 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-11-2006, 03:32 AM   #316
country flag superpinkone37

superpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the AMER DELIC thread !!!!

tough first round opponent .

superpinkone37 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2006, 10:28 AM   #317
country flag Silawen

Silawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond repute

I spend most of the match with some Safin fans at the safinator chat. They were very nice and we had a lot of fun. They were a lot nicer than some of those asses in GM. *eyeroll*

Anyway, it was a tough draw, but Amer did well. Seeing him break in the 3rd game was fun. XD
Old 03-11-2006, 11:17 AM   #318
country flag PinkFeatherBoa

PinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond repute

): Still, good fight.

Shame he didn't make it to TV.

Maybe the sky will fall?
Allez Gasquet~Mathieu~Wawrinka~Mannarino~+++
PinkFeatherBoa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 03:38 PM   #319
country flag jmgsdoubsprtnr

jmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFeatherBoa
): Still, good fight.

Shame he didn't make it to TV.
TVs everywhere would be melting caused by overload of hotness if they showed Amer on television. put amer and marat together on tv and they would explode. that's the reason they didn't show the match on tv.
Jan-Michael Gambill<>Flavio Saretta<>Andre Sa<>Amer Delic

SVERIGE
Soderling xx Pim Pim xx Jonas xx Ryderstedt xx Magnus
jmgsdoubsprtnr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 04:47 PM   #320
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Pics from him warming up before the match

http://www.menstennisforums.com/phot...rtby/f/way/asc

Just saw this on the TennisOne site!

http://www.tennisone.com/magazine/iw...nter/delic.php

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...

Last edited by Deboogle!. : 03-14-2006 at 05:01 PM.
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 06:56 PM   #321
country flag Silawen

Silawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond repute

Ooh, thanks Deb! I'm writing a transcript of that video-interview right now. (He needs to finish his sentences before starting a new one, haha.) That's a great find! He's looking good.

Oh, and, can I use your pictures, pleeeeeaaaase? ^^
Old 03-14-2006, 06:56 PM   #322
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Of course

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 03-14-2006, 08:34 PM   #323
country flag Silawen

Well, I finished the transcript. Some interesting things, see for yourself:

Quote:
I: “Hello friends, this is Monty Basnyat, I’m here with Amer Delic at the Pacific Live Open, and we’re here for tennis one.com. Amer, congratulations on your big win; you’re in the main draw. What’s going through your head?”

A: “Ehm, I’m pretty excited. I mean, I had two good wins yesterday and today. Beat the number 2 seed and the number 15 seed, so it feels good to have those two wins under my belt. So I gotta…I’m looking forward to playing in the main draw. See if I can keep it going.”

I: “You’re the top collegian player; you played a lot of the futures. What’s the difference between playing a Tier-level versus the futures and the challenger level? What’s the mayor difference you see?”

A: “Well, the biggest difference is being…you have to play consistently while at this level. I was able to get away…you know college tennis was good and it was a great stepping stone for me, but I was able to get away with some of the, you know… Some days maybe I didn’t play as well, but I was still able to, you know, get through. While here if you’re not playing you’re A-game it’s…you’re packing your bags going somewhere else.”

I: “And what do you do to try and keep those A-games. Is there a routine, is there more training?”

A: “Well, I think that’s what I’ve been doing the most now is training more, training more consistently, training, you know, not really slacking off in practice. Well, not that I used to do it. (Edit: Hah! Yeah, right!) It’s just that I’m more match-specific when I’m practicing and that’s what’s been helping me through the match, matches, now.”

I: “For the past 18 months what part of your game has improved the most.”

A: “Ehm, probably mental, that’s what I’ve been working on the, actually last few months. I just started working, mentally, you know, positive habits on the court, taking my time, you know, creating…playing games with my mind where I’m not really thinking about the match, I’m just, you know, trying to keep my mind clear, and it’s been helping me. And, the other thing is also conditioning. I think, you got to be, if you’re out there on the court you got to know you can stay out there for three hours, or even longer to, you know, to fight it.”

I: “What part of your game are you still working on?”

A: “I would say the consistency of the returns. Just be…putting more pressure on other people’s serves and just being more consistent, not giving away free points. I think that’s the biggest hurdle for me right now.”

I: “How much are you on the road.”

A: “Oh God, I think last year I spend about 38 weeks, or even 40 weeks, I believe, with all the practice and everything. So it’s not as easy and glamorous as some may think, but I enjoy it, and I’m young, I don’t mind the travelling, so hopefully I can enjoy it for a few more years.”

I: “Every kid has a dream of playing in the tour and now you’re there, your dream has come true. Tell us a little bit about that.”

A: “Ehm, well I had a bit of a different road as some of the other kids coming here. I grew up in Bosnia and had to escape the country because of the war and so my dreams were a bit different than some of the other kids. I think my dream was just, you know, staying alive and being, having a good time and trying to grow up. I was forced to grow a little bit quicker than some of the other kids and which was kinda…I think it has helped me, you know, I matured a little bit faster, at least I like to think so. Right now it’s still a dream for me, I pinch myself often, just to make sure this is real, you know. A few years ago I was in Bosnia, you know, watching movies about the US, and next thing you know I’m playing here, US Open, Australian Open, playing at Indian Wells now. So it’s still, kinda, you know, unreal for me, but I’m enjoying it right now.“

I: “Coming from Bosnia and seeing all the war and what have you, is there more of a hunger than the more average American kid who grew up watching television and has everything almost handed to them. Is there a deep desire, deep hunger, you think?”

A: “I like to think so, yeah, and I’m not saying I’m any better because I’ve gone through this, by all means, but I just feel that I’ve gone through things that now…any challenge…it’s just, I look at playing tennis as just playing tennis. It’s not really live or die, you know, and that’s why I think I get to enjoy it a little but more than some of the other kids. Since they…this is the only pressure they have, I think they’re not really used to it, while for me, I’ve gone through the other things that this is just going out there hitting tennis balls.”

I: “What are your goals for this year?”

A: “My goals, of course, are to be, hopefully, top 75 by this summer, and being in the main draw of the US Open, definitely Wimbledon. That’s definitely my goal, so Brad and I are just working hard and hopefully it’s going to happen, just got to believe it.”

I: “Who do you like, enjoy, hanging out on the tour with?

A: “Ehm, I travel mostly with Bobby Reynolds, I’ve known him since college, depending on where we are. Jeff Morrison. We got to play some poker with some of the guys. James, Andy, and so…Mardy, and so it’s mostly the American guys that we hang out with, so it’s fun.”

I: “Besides tennis, what’s your passion?”

A: “Oh, my passion, wow, ehm, lately I’ve just been reading some books, and I like playing cards. I’m not really that good at it. I just enjoy whatever, hanging out with people, meeting some new people, that’s really interesting. Especially being on the road you get to meet a lot of new people.”

I: “So you doing any online internet poker?”

A: “No, actually I tried to, but it was just with funny money. I’m not good enough, as I told you, so, once in a while I get some good cards and I win a game against some of these guys, but the people that play online are more professional than me, so.”

I: “Well, you heard it here folks, Amer Delic at the Pacific Live Open. I’m Monty Basnyat from Tennis One.com.”
Very interesting interview. And his background story always makes me feel very grateful for what I have.

ps: Thanks, Deb!
Old 03-14-2006, 08:38 PM   #324
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Brad? Brad Stine? is that who he hired? (can't be Gilbert...)

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 08:52 PM   #325
country flag Silawen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee
Brad? Brad Stine? is that who he hired? (can't be Gilbert...)
Well, he neglected to call me and inform me of it. XD So who knows.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:10 PM   #326
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

well, leave a note on his myspace page and ask him.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 09:29 PM   #327
country flag Silawen

Hell no. I'd feel way too uncomfortable about that. Which is strange, but sadly true.

Besides, Jaxene messaged him a while ago asking if there was anything on the site he was uncomfortable with and he has yet to reply, so I doubt he'd respond to such a question. XD
Old 03-15-2006, 04:27 AM   #328
country flag jmgsdoubsprtnr

jmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond repute

he didnt add me to myspace... is he only adding people he knows?
Jan-Michael Gambill<>Flavio Saretta<>Andre Sa<>Amer Delic

SVERIGE
Soderling xx Pim Pim xx Jonas xx Ryderstedt xx Magnus
jmgsdoubsprtnr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 05:48 PM   #329
country flag Silawen

We finally know who Amer's new coach is. It's Dean Goldfine. ^^
Old 03-22-2006, 05:49 PM   #330
country flag Deboogle!.

Wow Considering his past players, I'm sure he is not coming cheap.