the AMER DELIC thread !!!! - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-19-2005, 07:34 PM   #151
country flag Silawen

Silawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the AMER DELIC thread !!!!

Haha, I know Fee, but I don't want to get my hopes up. There has been a report on SteveG's forum that he won, though, so....

Partaaaaaaay!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2005, 07:57 PM   #152
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

I think that report at Steve G was taken from your posts here at MTF, but who knows for sure. There was nothing about the WC playoff on Bogie's site at all, so I guess we'll have to wait until the USTA or Tennis Australia releases the info officially. See, this is why I should have just asked Amer for his email address in Carson, I had an unusual moment of shyness when the time came. Bummer.

(email his uncle back and ask for the score, good to have contact with the relatives...)

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 08:18 PM   #153
country flag Silawen

Silawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, I thought the timezone at SteveG's forum was Australian?

No Florida online newspapers seem to have any news so far, nor do any of the sport-sites and I can't count the Dokic-wildcard related articles I've seen on google's news. It seems we'll be forced to be patient even longer. I hate that, I have no patience. ^^

I really do hope the info we received was right, because now I'm all hyped up about this. Hehe.

Fee, I checked Bogie's site too, shame there is no news whatsoever. The last news, I think, was from the 16th.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:32 PM   #154
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea what the default time at Steve G is anymore, I thought it was Papua New Guinea at one point. I usually log in and use my timezone, its the only way I can make sense of things there.

I hope he did win it, perhaps the USTA will show a little more faith in him next year, help him get a coach.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Old 12-19-2005, 08:40 PM   #155
country flag Silawen

It's GMT+6 on the forum for me, so I'm not sure what exactly that is.

I desperately hope he won, but I'm sure USTA support would be asking a lot. I'm hoping for it, of course, but knowing the USTA...
Old 12-19-2005, 09:41 PM   #156
country flag Fee

GMT + 6 appears to be Bangladesh! Maybe I'll email Steve and ask him to reset the default to GMT...

Old 12-19-2005, 09:49 PM   #157
country flag Silawen

Hah, could you ask the person posting the news where he got it while you're at it?
Old 12-20-2005, 11:59 PM   #158
country flag GermanBoy

GermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Silawen, brilliant Amer website!
Hiii alex! My exams aren't done yet, i finish on the 26th Aw hun, at least now your college work is done you have less distractions from the task at hand Try and stay calm, be strong and have confidence in the wonderful person you are! x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avid Merrion
lol Alex, you're so goddamn demanding
GermanBoy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 09:51 AM   #159
country flag Silawen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanBoy
Silawen, brilliant Amer website!
*blushes* Thank you, we've worked hard on it.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:21 PM   #160
country flag GermanBoy

GermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silawen
*blushes* Thank you, we've worked hard on it.
No need to blush! It is just fabulous!
Hiii alex! My exams aren't done yet, i finish on the 26th Aw hun, at least now your college work is done you have less distractions from the task at hand Try and stay calm, be strong and have confidence in the wonderful person you are! x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avid Merrion
lol Alex, you're so goddamn demanding
GermanBoy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 07:24 PM   #161
country flag Silawen

Aww, thank you.

And, good news, it's finally been comfirmed! The uncle knew what he was talking about.

Quote:
Delic Receives Oz Open Wild Card

By Tennis Week
12/22/2005

Amer Delic was awarded a wild card entry into the 2006 Australian Open men's singles main draw after winning a six-player event at the Evert Tennis Academy in Boca Raton, Florida this weekend. The 23-year-old Delic of Jacksonville, Florida defeated Alex Bogomolov, Jr., 22, of Flintstone, Georgia, in the final of the wild card tournament, 6-3, 4-1 retired.

The tournament was held in conjunction with a USTA training camp last week for 18 of the top young professionals in the country, including world No. 3 Andy Roddick and No. 16. Robby Ginepri. The USTA invited a group of six American players, age 24 or younger and ranked between Nos. 150-300 in the ATP Entry System, to compete for the wild card.

The field was divided into two groups that played round robin matches. Delic and Bogomolov advanced to the final by winning their respective round robin groups. Other players who participated in the tournament were: John Paul Fruttero, Scoville Jenkins, Rajeev Ram, and Todd Widom. Currently ranked No. 164, Delic turned professional in the summer of 2003 after leading the University of Illinois to the NCAA team title and winning the NCAA men's singles title. He earned a career-high professional ranking of No. 142 on July 4, 2005. He reached the singles final at the USTA Pro Circuit $50,000 Challenger in Carson, California in October and reached the second round of the 2004 U.S. Open.

Last summer, the USTA gave Australian Mark Philippoussis a main draw wild card into the 2005 U.S. Open as part of a reciprocal arrangement which sees Tennis Australia give the USTA a main draw wild card into Australian Open 2006 to award to a player selected by the USTA.
Source.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:00 PM   #162
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

I just saw it on Bob Larson too. Yippee! This is excellent!

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 09:10 PM   #163
country flag Fee

Excellent!!!!!! Such a relief to finally get official confirmation (and you should definitely keep in touch with his uncle from now on!)

Old 12-21-2005, 09:12 PM   #164
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Would a nice draw for a coupla rounds be too much to ask for?

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 11:22 PM   #165
country flag mirzic

mirzic mirzic mirzic mirzic mirzic mirzic mirzic mirzic mirzic mirzic mirzic

omg this is such unbelievable news! i'm so happy for amer. he really performed where it counts the most. he really deserves it. it feels like we waited a lifetime for official conformation but we finally have it now. i can't wait to cheer him on in the MAIN DRAW now..........GO AMER! this is such a big deal
mirzic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote