Indian Wells 2013 - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-13-2013, 02:32 PM   #16
country flag born_on_clay

born_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indian Wells 2013

I really hope Janowicz will show some good stuff again
64 Titles | 27 Masters 1000 |Olympic Games Singles Gold Medalist | 139 Weeks at no.1
3 year end no.1 | 4 Davis Cups | 699 singles match wins
born_on_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #17
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenfil View Post
Well Murray bros are really bad so that win doesn't mean anything. Blake is 9:1 in doubles this year and for sure there is more "chemistry" between him and Mardy. Of course it can go either way but I think Americans should take it. Also it's not like Huey is decent player.
Really bad ? Lolol

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:56 PM   #18
country flag nenfil

nenfil has a reputation beyond reputenenfil has a reputation beyond reputenenfil has a reputation beyond reputenenfil has a reputation beyond reputenenfil has a reputation beyond reputenenfil has a reputation beyond reputenenfil has a reputation beyond reputenenfil has a reputation beyond reputenenfil has a reputation beyond reputenenfil has a reputation beyond reputenenfil has a reputation beyond repute

Did they ever acomplished anything together?
nenfil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:18 PM   #19
country flag BackhandDTL

BackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well Murray bros are really bad so that win doesn't mean anything. Blake is 9:1 in doubles this year and for sure there is more "chemistry" between him and Mardy. Of course it can go either way but I think Americans should take it. Also it's not like Huey is decent player.
You obviously didn't watch the match. It's actually laughable to see your complete attempt to dismiss them, only to backtrack with an amendment as meaningless and inconsistent as "Of course it can go either way." I guess that was for when they go up a set and a break? Hysterical.

Huey has been playing fine tennis in the garden thus far. His assertiveness at net and play-making abilities far exceed these part-time Doubles players. When he's paired with a physical specimen like Janowicz, that's all he really needs.
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
Million times.. Your problem
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for attention, I can tell you I don't like you but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you stop posting that photo now, that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will terminate your MTF account.
BackhandDTL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:34 PM   #20
country flag JamieMU30

JamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond repute

Jerzy Jagger and Huey into the SF

They have not dropped a set all week, so clearly they are playing really well...Blake and Fish are old has-beens and got dismissed rather handily...Could not take advantage of a break point to save their lives in the second set and Blake DF'd on break point down at 4-2 in the 2nd

Great tournament for Jerzy overall...SF in doubles in a Master's 1000 is great...Lots of extra prize money for him, now almost $60,000 just for this tournament(singles and doubles)...Big pimpin' that bank acoount, no doubt...Now make the final, please and deny those annoying Bryan twins another IW title

Wins over the Murray brothers and Blake/Fish is great considering their overall abilities...Jerzy is loving Indian Wells and slaying these doubles teams in the process

Last edited by JamieMU30 : 03-13-2013 at 08:59 PM.
JamieMU30 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:43 PM   #21
country flag BackhandDTL

BackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond repute

^ The fans really take to him (Janowicz) as well because he's such a high energy, big power player. Don't quote me on this, but I believe he hit the biggest serve of the night on a stadium that featured all of Isner, Berdych, and Murray. He enjoys strong support in the desert.
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for attention, I can tell you I don't like you but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you stop posting that photo now, that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will terminate your MTF account.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:03 PM   #22
country flag born_on_clay

born_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond repute

Jerzy rules for the title !
64 Titles | 27 Masters 1000 |Olympic Games Singles Gold Medalist | 139 Weeks at no.1
3 year end no.1 | 4 Davis Cups | 699 singles match wins
born_on_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:34 PM   #23
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Did they ever acomplished anything together?
Pretty sure they won Tokyo 500 in 2011 mate.

argument.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:48 AM   #24
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackhandDTL View Post
Janowicz/Huey are sleepers to make the finals here, imo. The winner between them and Blake/Fish should have a very good chance. Both teams played exceptionally well the other day.

Blake and Fish just have polish. For Singles players, both guys have great hands at net, and it makes them especially effective against a lot of these green doubles teams trying two back formations (how they ate Lopez/Raonic up).

Janowicz/Huey are a freak pair. They remind me of something you'd see out of an anime like PoT or something. I can't even explain how much the two compliment eachother, but they put on a clinic against the Murray bros the other day. Big serving from Janowicz, crazy angles from Huey, adept volleys from both - plenty of stuff to awe at.
Both Blake and Fish have a decent amount of doubles(200+ matches). Further both of them have won a TMS doubles before. To put that in perspective, among 14 other players in the QF, only 3(Bryans and Hanley) have won a TMS. So, it wouldn't be completely correct to consider them "pure" singles players and them give them credit for their doubles skills.

Huey/Jerzy for the final
Pratik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:25 AM   #25
country flag BackhandDTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
Both Blake and Fish have a decent amount of doubles(200+ matches). Further both of them have won a TMS doubles before. To put that in perspective, among 14 other players in the QF, only 3(Bryans and Hanley) have won a TMS. So, it wouldn't be completely correct to consider them "pure" singles players and them give them credit for their doubles skills.

Huey/Jerzy for the final
Eh.

Regardless of what I called them, I did give them credit for their doubles play. There's a reason why I said the winner of that match should make the finals. Out of all the doubles teams I watched while I was there, those two, along with Huey/Janowicz, were the most impressive after the Bryans.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:19 AM   #26
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackhandDTL View Post
Eh.

Regardless of what I called them, I did give them credit for their doubles play. There's a reason why I said the winner of that match should make the finals. Out of all the doubles teams I watched while I was there, those two, along with Huey/Janowicz, were the most impressive after the Bryans.
You saw them live? Nice.
Any pictures?
Old 03-14-2013, 05:48 PM   #27
country flag BackhandDTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
You saw them live? Nice.
Any pictures?
Of them in Doubles? Nah, we only stayed through the first set v. Lopez/Raonic and it went by really fast. But I think we snagged some of Blake in his match v. Tsonga. If they turned out well, I'll post them in his thread when my girlfriend uploads them.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:03 AM   #28
country flag Pratik

Gonzalez/Lipsky got the early break to go up 2-0 in the first set, but then it was all Bryans in that set. Bryans saved 1 MP in the Super TB.

Hopefully Huey/Jerzy reach the final and beat them.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:34 PM   #29
country flag nenfil

nenfil has a reputation beyond reputenenfil has a reputation beyond reputenenfil has a reputation beyond reputenenfil has a reputation beyond reputenenfil has a reputation beyond reputenenfil has a reputation beyond reputenenfil has a reputation beyond reputenenfil has a reputation beyond reputenenfil has a reputation beyond reputenenfil has a reputation beyond reputenenfil has a reputation beyond repute

Yeeees! Janowicz and Huey saved two match points in super tiebreak (one on Soares serve) and then took their first one! 7:5 1:6 12:10! Huey/Janowicz comitted three double faults in super tiebreak one at 9:9 (Janowicz). Soares/Peya led 4*:1 then Janowicz/Huey led *7:4! Good job!
nenfil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:35 PM   #30
country flag ProdigyEng

What a partnership this has turned out to be. JUREK!

argument.