Football zone vol 6 - Page 256 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 04:00 PM   #3826
country flag miura88

miura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Football zone vol 6

Man Utd vs Olympiakos tonight. United need at least 3 goals tonight because their shambolic defence won't be able to keep the Greeks out. We're struggling to create chances so I can't see us scoring 3, and while Olympiakos are usually poor travellers in Europe, they'll still nick a goal. I suspect it'll be a boring 1-1 draw, and be slightly relieved; We would be the easy team in the quarter finals and would get absolutely sodomised by Bayern, Real Madrid e.t.c.
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2014, 04:43 PM   #3827
country flag selyoink

selyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by miura88 View Post
Man Utd vs Olympiakos tonight. United need at least 3 goals tonight because their shambolic defence won't be able to keep the Greeks out. We're struggling to create chances so I can't see us scoring 3, and while Olympiakos are usually poor travellers in Europe, they'll still nick a goal. I suspect it'll be a boring 1-1 draw, and be slightly relieved; We would be the easy team in the quarter finals and would get absolutely sodomised by Bayern, Real Madrid e.t.c.
Well if you don't think they can get a clean sheet then they need at least 4 goals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death
i add value to mtf. mtf needs me far more than i need mtf. i have even been offered money (a small monthy salary) to hang out and chill at a couple of other forums.
selyoink is online now View My Blog!  
Old 03-19-2014, 04:48 PM   #3828
country flag Tiebreak100

Tiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond repute

Backing United to go through tonight.

Overturning a 2-0 deficit is a tough task, but I was not particularly impressed by Olympiakos in the first leg.

Lets not forget how dismal Greek teams usually are away from home in the Champions League.
Tiebreak100 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-19-2014, 06:23 PM   #3829
country flag miura88

miura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by selyoink View Post
Well if you don't think they can get a clean sheet then they need at least 4 goals.
Haven't scored more than 3 goals in a match since the 5-0 win at Leverkusen in late November. Can't see it happening if we play Carrick + Cleverley in midfield as neither of them links midfield with attack.

Smalling and Evans are both injured, so at centreback it's 2 out of Vidic, Ferdinand and Jones. Considering Vidic-Ferdinand played in Greece and Vidic-Jones both gave away penalties on Sunday, it doesn't fill me with confidence in our ability to keep a clean sheet.

Rooney and Van Persie have been disappointing in recent weeks, Welbeck's done well recently but if he plays it'll probably be on the left. Kagawa will play some part in this match, I imagine he'll come off the bench if we need a goal or 2 in the last 15 minutes.

Olympiakos aren't a great team, and they've lost 2 of their last 3 matches but they just tied up the Greek League on the weekend, they're putting all their eggs into this basket. Confidence is extremely low at United right now, unless Olympiakos completely shit their pants tonight, United are going out.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:45 PM   #3830
country flag Tiebreak100

Tiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond repute

Bit late to this, but I've just been reading the words of Everton Academy Coach, Kevin Sheedy:

"All of you out there, Moyes was never interested in our youth team or players."
Sheedy also criticised Moyes's tactics, adding: "Punt the ball up to [Marouane] Fellaini - great viewing."
Moyes was Everton manager for 11 years from 2002 until last summer, when he left to replace Sir Alex Ferguson at Old Trafford.
Under Moyes's replacement Roberto Martinez, Everton are three points ahead of United in sixth place.
Sheedy, 54, said: "We now have a manager who wants to win games."

What a classless individual Sheedy is. Kicking a man when he is down is pretty low. Despite completely disagreeing with the methods of David Moyes, Sheedy was happy to work under him for 7 years! Only once the man has gone does he find his balls and speak out. What a Big Man.

The behaviour of the Everton staff/supporters towards Moyes has been tragic. So bitter. I suppose it's just a small club mentally.

You would think Everton are competing for trophies and titles under Martinez the way they bang on about him.

Last edited by Tiebreak100 : 03-19-2014 at 06:49 PM.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:17 PM   #3831
country flag underspin

underspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond repute

Managers get too much stick and players are off the hook. I'm not saying Moyes is doing a good job but he's being assigned more responsibility than a manager can possibly be responsible for; Any team that you could make out of their squad that's even halfway sensible should be able to put up better performances than they have recently.

And Tiebreak, I agree 100% Disgraceful comments from Sheedy that just demonstrate the man's a coward.
I always speak the truth though, and when I say it's not because of you, it's because it's not. I never lie. My mom has taught me to never lie because it's bad, that's why I'm always honest. one needs to have integrity, that's the most important human virtue imo.
underspin is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-19-2014, 09:43 PM   #3832
country flag selyoink

selyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond repute

Terrible goal keeping on the Van Persie free kick. Keeper had just had to take one step to his right and he saves the winning goal. United probably would've got the third anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death
i add value to mtf. mtf needs me far more than i need mtf. i have even been offered money (a small monthy salary) to hang out and chill at a couple of other forums.
selyoink is online now View My Blog!  
Old 03-19-2014, 09:52 PM   #3833
country flag Tiebreak100

Pleased for Moyes. He looked ill after the Liverpool defeat so hopefully this gives him a bit of breathing space.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:55 PM   #3834
country flag miura88

Decent performance tonight, but let's not compare this to beating Maradona's Barcelona all those years ago. Olympiakos made a couple silly errors at the back and Van Persie punished them, the scoreline flattered United tonight. Possession was about even and Olympiakos had some good chances also, if it wasn't for De Gea, United would've crashed out tonight. Phil Jones played well at the back and Ryan Giggs was one of the main reasons we won today, though having a 40 year old as your best central midfielder isn't saying much.

We'll get a few millions from the quarter finals before crashing out, which should come in handy for paying Wayne's wages. Still the worst team left in the competition and we'll need Di Matteo-esque luck to win the whole thing. This will also ease the pressure off Moyes' back for a few days at least. Need to beat West Ham and avoid defeat to Man City next week, though I can still see us losing to City, even sans Aguero.

Also, Evra's suspended for the first leg of the quarter finals, which means Alex Buttner will play left back, really hoping we don't get Bayern in the quarters.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:03 PM   #3835
country flag Tiebreak100

Quote:
Originally Posted by miura88 View Post
Decent performance tonight, but let's not compare this to beating Maradona's Barcelona all those years ago. Olympiakos made a couple silly errors at the back and Van Persie punished them, the scoreline flattered United tonight. Possession was about even and Olympiakos had some good chances also, if it wasn't for De Gea, United would've crashed out tonight. Phil Jones played well at the back and Ryan Giggs was one of the main reasons we won today, though having a 40 year old as your best central midfielder isn't saying much.

We'll get a few millions from the quarter finals before crashing out, which should come in handy for paying Wayne's wages. Still the worst team left in the competition and we'll need Di Matteo-esque luck to win the whole thing. This will also ease the pressure off Moyes' back for a few days at least. Need to beat West Ham and avoid defeat to Man City next week, though I can still see us losing to City, even sans Aguero.

Also, Evra's suspended for the first leg of the quarter finals, which means Alex Buttner will play left back, really hoping we don't get Bayern in the quarters.
Olympiakos may have made a couple mistakes but United are long overdue a bit of luck this season. Nothing has gone the way of the manager so far, so quit moaning and enjoy the win.

United also hit the post tonight and Van Persie missed a sitter in Greece. United are the deserved winners over the two legs.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:07 PM   #3836
Dave_92

Dave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond repute

I knew it.

Oh well, they will get trashed in the next round.

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

302 weeks #1 - 6 WTFs

#bel18ve

..never been so proud of you..thanks for playing during my lifetime..go ahead Roger, keep playing, keep fighting..
Dave_92 is online now View My Blog!  
Old 03-19-2014, 10:09 PM   #3837
country flag underspin

underspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond repute

Many fans will be praying for a Real-Bayern quarter final so their teams only have to worry about one of them afterwards.
I always speak the truth though, and when I say it's not because of you, it's because it's not. I never lie. My mom has taught me to never lie because it's bad, that's why I'm always honest. one needs to have integrity, that's the most important human virtue imo.
underspin is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-19-2014, 10:10 PM   #3838
country flag Tiebreak100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_92 View Post
I knew it.

Oh well, they will get trashed in the next round.
Best draw for them is Dortmund or Chelsea.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:50 PM   #3839
country flag miura88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiebreak100 View Post
Olympiakos may have made a couple mistakes but United are long overdue a bit of luck this season. Nothing has gone the way of the manager so far, so quit moaning and enjoy the win.

United also hit the post tonight and Van Persie missed a sitter in Greece. United are the deserved winners over the two legs.
United's problems this season aren't just a matter of "bad luck", sometimes they've invited unnecessary pressure by being overly defensive near the end of matches, which makes them nervous and thus more prone to errors. Moyes and United are still paying the price for failing to reinforce during the summer, but the squad they had should still be good enough to be in the top 4, or close to top 4. They've still looked poor in the big matches against the top teams this season, you can't put that all down to "bad luck".

A 3-0 win looks fine, but United have had plenty of false starts this season, so I'm not getting ahead of myself. One good win doesn't wipe clear this entire season of disappointment, it could be the start of a massive winning streak, though that looks highly unlikely.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:55 PM   #3840
country flag rus59

rus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond reputerus59 has a reputation beyond repute

always pleased to see MU and Chelsea advancing, hopefully at least one of them is able to reach semifinals
rus59 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread