Football zone vol 6 - Page 222 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 02:55 PM   #3316
country flag miura88

miura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Football zone vol 6

Man City playing their 2nd game in 3 days, without Aguero or Negredo, having to make a bunch of changes, not surprised they're failing to put 8 past Crystal Palace.

Norwich bossing the game against Man United who can't seem to create anything without Rooney in the side.
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2013, 02:59 PM   #3317
country flag MichaelKrep

MichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond repute

If the Manchester teams could both drop points today that would be great.

Grigor Dimitrov Newest Member of Top 10
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Marcos Baghdatis

Andy Murray | Alexandr Dolgopolov | Milos Raonic
Pistol Pete
MichaelKrep is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-28-2013, 06:15 PM   #3318
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

Anelka finally scores for the Baggies

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-28-2013, 09:29 PM   #3319
country flag Tiebreak100

Tiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond repute

If United beat Spurs, they go into the transfer window still with a shot at the title. A couple of quality additions (they will spend) and they could go extremely close.

What do we think?
Tiebreak100 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-28-2013, 10:34 PM   #3320
country flag miura88

miura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiebreak100 View Post
If United beat Spurs, they go into the transfer window still with a shot at the title. A couple of quality additions (they will spend) and they could go extremely close.

What do we think?
If the summer was anything to go by, they'll find it difficult to buy quality in January. Woodward was extremely clueless in the summer and the failure to land any of Moyes' intended targets has cost United badly for the first half of the season. Maybe being a World Cup year could tip the balance in United's favour if they want quality, but how many top players would play for David Moyes when they could get a bigger paycheck elsewhere?

If United can't sign anyone, then they'll struggle to mount a serious title challenge. Defence is still reliant on Evra + Vidic's leadership, Patrice is on the decline and Vidic has lost his pace. He's fine against smaller clubs who lump high balls into the box, but against any sort of pace he looks very suspect these days.
Midfield is a joke as per usual, still ultra-reliant on wingplay when our wingers have been out of form for a long time. Rooney's been having to carry the team just like in 2010, it's good Welbeck's chipped in with a few goals recently because Van Persie looks like he's backed to his good ol' days of being crocked. Januzaj looks a good future prospect but you can't rely on a teenager to supply all your creativity, Kagawa just can't seem to get used to the Premier League + gets shunted out wide too often in games, he plays well in Europe though.

Fixture-wise, United still have to travel to Stamford Bridge, Emirates, Goodison, St James Park and the Ettihad. Think Moyes is too negative and that might cost us a few points here and there, and tactically he's not quick to rectify problems, so in the big games away from home I'm not expecting many wins.

January's a busy month for United with the League Cup semi finals + an FA Cup tie, if they make the League Cup final vs City I think they'll lose and that could hurt their confidence for the rest of the season. Should have enough for Olympiakos in the Champions League, after that I think they'll lose in the quarter finals.

Overall, I think their penchant for grinding out results can see them pinch a top 4 place, don't think they have the strength in depth to mount a serious title challenge as they need too many teams above them to slip up. I think the January transfer window will be crucial in deciding who wins the title this year. Think United are more in a scrap for the 4th place trophy than the league trophy though.
Old 12-29-2013, 02:14 AM   #3321
country flag BlackSilver

BlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiebreak100 View Post
Ozil cost 42.4 millions pounds.
You pay big money for players to deliver in the top games and so far Ozil has really only shown his undoubted class and quality against the dross. He has not justified his monster fee yet.
Who doesn't cost a fortune now days?

Quote:
I do not know too many players in that price bracket that are often accused of disappearing - you do, so name them.
Ok I will do so. I nominate ALL the players that usually are in a top players list. Except Messi and maybe two, three, more guys

Quote:
I must have missed all his 'decisive moments' last night as well.
No, he really was crap against Liverpool.

Quote:
He went missing again, just like he has in the majority of big matches this season.
Majority? Maybe, I remember him doing well at a few, average at several and crap at a few other.

Quote:
No idea why you are so determined to argue with the facts.
Because they aren't facts outside your mind, they are an exaggeration, the question is how much .
BlackSilver is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-29-2013, 11:28 AM   #3322
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

How original to have a black player make racial gestures to Jewish spectators. Quite a turnaround.

From UEFA presidents, to French players being favoured by referees, to French teams behaving like spoiled kids at the World Cup, to France getting favoured in World Cup draws, and now to French players being openly racist on the field, France has been behind all the reasons for football's increasingly bad reputation.

If Platini succeeds Blatter the ruination of the beautiful game will be complete.

Last edited by buddyholly : 12-29-2013 at 11:31 AM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-29-2013, 11:37 AM   #3323
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
How original to have a black player make racial gestures to Jewish spectators. Quite a turnaround.

From UEFA presidents, to French players being favoured by referees, to French teams behaving like spoiled kids at the World Cup, to France getting favoured in World Cup draws, and now to French players being openly racist on the field, France has been behind all the reasons for football's increasingly bad reputation.

If Platini succeeds Blatter the ruination of the beautiful game will be complete.
the problem is Blatter is a fool as well. A corrupt fool at that.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/They-Stole-G.../dp/178033401X

fully recommend this book, FIFA is a pretty terrible organisation, not that it its suprising, looking forward to Qatar 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-29-2013, 11:42 AM   #3324
country flag Redaftw

Redaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

That gesture was "invented" more than 10 years ago and the humorist who did it meant nothing racial with it. It means "being fu*** to the shoulder" by the government. The whole controversy about this gesture is ridiculous and other famous sportsmen did it before Anelka. The french basketball team with Tony Parker did it this summer.
Redaftw is online now View My Blog!  
Old 12-29-2013, 12:38 PM   #3325
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redaftw View Post
That gesture was "invented" more than 10 years ago and the humorist who did it meant nothing racial with it. It means "being fu*** to the shoulder" by the government. The whole controversy about this gesture is ridiculous and other famous sportsmen did it before Anelka. The french basketball team with Tony Parker did it this summer.
Well, it is a "humorist" that is known for his anti-semitism. He has been in trouble for hate speech for years. And the French Minister of Sports does not think it ridiculous and has called Anelka's gesture disgusting.
My own opinion is that everyone in France knows what Dieudonne and Anelka mean by the gesture. But when challenged it is easy to say, oh no, that is not what I meant.
I did not say it in my first post, but the fact that Anelka has converted to Islam is probably part of all this. And the fact that West Ham is known for its large numbers of Jewish fans is also not just a co-incidence, I suspect. So I can not believe for a moment that a Muslim making this gesture to West Ham supporters is merely a gesture to his friend in France, with no other connotation. No sensible person would believe that.

In fact, I am surprised Anelka would even play at a place called West Ham.

As for the French basketball team, the photo I have seen shows a different gesture. It is a photo of SOME of the team with a raised index finger. The ones that are doing it are black, whether Muslim or not, I do not know. And I read a reference to the gesture being used by European Muslims to signify "f**k the Jews."

Last edited by buddyholly : 12-29-2013 at 12:57 PM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-29-2013, 01:58 PM   #3326
country flag Redaftw

Redaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, it is a "humorist" that is known for his anti-semitism. He has been in trouble for hate speech for years. And the French Minister of Sports does not think it ridiculous and has called Anelka's gesture disgusting.
My own opinion is that everyone in France knows what Dieudonne and Anelka mean by the gesture. But when challenged it is easy to say, oh no, that is not what I meant.
I did not say it in my first post, but the fact that Anelka has converted to Islam is probably part of all this. And the fact that West Ham is known for its large numbers of Jewish fans is also not just a co-incidence, I suspect. So I can not believe for a moment that a Muslim making this gesture to West Ham supporters is merely a gesture to his friend in France, with no other connotation. No sensible person would believe that.

In fact, I am surprised Anelka would even play at a place called West Ham.

As for the French basketball team, the photo I have seen shows a different gesture. It is a photo of SOME of the team with a raised index finger. The ones that are doing it are black, whether Muslim or not, I do not know. And I read a reference to the gesture being used by European Muslims to signify "f**k the Jews."
The gesture that they did collectively was different and it's for "above us is the sun" and I think it wasn't even meant for that it was just for "champions"/"1st title"
Different players did it in different occasions:

As for its signification as I said before it's against the Government/media nothing racial.
"Well, it is a "humorist" that is known for his anti-semitism." They want to call him "anti-semitist". He denounced that the Shoah genocide was OVER mediatized/taught in schools. In France all they learn every year in history lessons is about that genocide not Stalin or the Armenian genocide... so he doesn't say holocaust was a "good thing" he mocks it being portrayed as the biggest tragedy in human history. After he did that and seeing all the hate and critics he got he started talking in his shows about how it's ok to joke about anything and everything except Jews.
Redaftw is online now View My Blog!  
Old 12-29-2013, 03:32 PM   #3327
country flag MichaelKrep

MichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond repute

Liverpool are the most disgusting chokers of the PL. So much so that whenever we score an early goal against a good team, a 2:1 defeat automatically becomes the most likely scoreline. Book it for today's match as well.

Pistol Pete
Old 12-29-2013, 03:35 PM   #3328
country flag MichaelKrep

F***ing NID.

Pistol Pete
Old 12-29-2013, 03:54 PM   #3329
country flag PedroMarquess

PedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond repute

PedroMarquess is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-29-2013, 04:53 PM   #3330
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Howard Webb, always hated him, but it was another Webb special today, disgusting.

So easily influenced by a loud home crowd, every time they opened their mouths he blew his whistle.

Missed a blatant penalty for Suarez after Eto'o tackled him. He was looking right at the incident and was standing next to it.

Disgraceful ref

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread