Football zone vol 6 - Page 160 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 12:56 AM   #2386
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Football zone vol 6

ALS (aka MND, aka Lou Gehrig's Desease) is the WORST. Wish I could understand why medical researchers can't even discover an effective treatment, let alone a cure.
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2013, 01:56 AM   #2387
country flag Tiebreak100

Tiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
ALS (other name for MND) is terminal, we can only hope he has as long as possible.
Yeh, I know. So sad.

He was with us for 3-4 years and was dreadful at the start but improved significantly - and eventually won player of the year later on. He captained us to to our most remarkable title win and it will never be forgotten. He is a loose-cannon but he is a great guy.

Former Rangers defender Ricksen reveals his battle against Motor Neurone Disease

This is the heartbreaking moment when former Rangers player Fernando Ricksen breaks down in tears after it is revealed he has been diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease.

News surrounding the ex-Dutch international defender’s life-threatening condition only emerged on Wednesay night during a live news show on television in his homeland.

But remarkably, it was only when the presenter asked him why he was talking so slow that details became public for the first time.

Overcome by emotion, the footballer asks the author of his book to explain that he has been told by medical staff that he has Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, which is also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease.

Writer Vincent de Vries explained how a month earlier the controversial footballer – renowned for his love of life, money and women -was diagnosed.

He will go back to hospital on Thursday for further check-ups to see just how far the illness has progressed.
It is understood the 37-year-old received the shock diagnosis after undergoing tests at a clinic near to his home in the Netherlands after feeling continually drained.

But last night he bravely told millions of viewers on the popular daily programme “The World Keeps Turning” that he has the highly progressive illness which can potentially kill in a matter of five years.

The hugely-popular footballer told he has ALS, a debilitating illness, characterized by progressive muscle atrophy that leads to difficulty in speaking and breathing.

During his highly emotionally-charged interview he said it is possible for someone diagnosed with the disease to die within a relatively short space of time.

Fighting back tears, the soccer star, who joined Rangers in 2000 for a fee of £3.75 million, said: 'The medical people have said my condition could worsen quickly. I do not know anymore.'
Until recently, the disease has not gained much prominence in Holland although there has been an active campaign to alert people to it.

Many of his fans took to the social networking sites there to express their shock at the news on Wednesday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...e-Disease.html

Last edited by Tiebreak100 : 10-31-2013 at 02:04 AM.
Tiebreak100 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-01-2013, 02:16 AM   #2388
country flag selyoink

selyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond repute

Roma now 10 wins out of 10 with just a solitary goal conceded in Serie after 1-0 win over Chievo. They play away to Torino on Sunday. I'm betting they drop their first points of the season in that match. If not they have two favorable home matches next before a tricky match away against Atalanta. Despite being perfect on the season they are only 5 points ahead of both Juve and Napoli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death
i add value to mtf. mtf needs me far more than i need mtf. i have even been offered money (a small monthy salary) to hang out and chill at a couple of other forums.
selyoink is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-02-2013, 04:34 PM   #2389
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

Perfect day. Lose 2-0 to the Magpies, Zola loses 3-0 at home and both Mancs 3-0 up inside 30 minutes.

And now Gus losing too, after beating Magpies last weekend.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:46 PM   #2390
country flag dinkulpus
-_-

dinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond repute

What a goal for Begovic in 13th second

Tennis Tipping 2014

Singles : 135 (Best 88) - QF Auckland, QF Houston
Doubles : 58 (Best 58) - Won Sao Paulo (with stbanchile), Won Stockholm (with Hellcat)

Finals CH

Singles : 3:3
Doubles : 11:6 (ATP 2:0)
dinkulpus is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #2391
country flag Police Of Mind

Police Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond repute

Bricking it for the derby tomorrow. I'm gonna say 1-1, probably a similar cagey game to the 10-11 matches, slight edge to the jacks cos Bony is looking much better than any of our strikers.
Police Of Mind is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-02-2013, 08:21 PM   #2392
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

Simply outplayed by Arsenal today, kudos to them. We showed nothing today, Suarez played one of his worst matches ever in Liverpool shirt, but no one deserves to be mentioned anyway for doing a particularly good job.
Great goal by Ramsey, that was top class.

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-03-2013, 12:00 AM   #2393

Police Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah Ramsey is finally fulfilling his potential, can't believe we sold him to Arse for £5m when crap like Rodwell goes for 10m+. Of course Wenger knows talent more than almost anyone but it was still a steal given his form back then.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:19 AM   #2394
country flag Jimnik

Really hope Zola doesn't get sacked. He was so unlucky not to get promoted last season.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:09 AM   #2395
country flag Tiebreak100

Tiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Police Of Mind View Post
Bricking it for the derby tomorrow. I'm gonna say 1-1, probably a similar cagey game to the 10-11 matches, slight edge to the jacks cos Bony is looking much better than any of our strikers.
Bony is absolutely shite. Reminds me of Jason Lee.

Hopefully Swansea pump the Reds tomorrow.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:34 AM   #2396

m8 I'll have you know we're officially the Kuala Lumpur Dragons. Jeez, some people.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:39 AM   #2397
country flag Tiebreak100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Police Of Mind View Post
m8 I'll have you know we're officially the Kuala Lumpur Dragons. Jeez, some people.
What mentalist decided 4 pm would be a good KO time?

I'm expecting a few off-field battles tomorrow.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:41 AM   #2398
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

This season could see one of the lowest points totals accumulated by an EPL champion for a long time, with all of the runners and riders slipping up quite a lot.

I wonder who get sacked next out of Hughton and Jol. I quite like Norwich. They are a good club with one of the best and most loyal fanbases in the England. For some reason Jol really irritates me. I find him to be very smug and arrogant.

A very good win for La Viola away to Milan. There is still a long way to go, but this season could be the first time that neither of the two Milanese giants qualify for the CL since 2001.

Last edited by LeChuck : 11-03-2013 at 04:43 AM.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-03-2013, 05:15 AM   #2399
country flag Sauletekis

Sauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond repute

Dream results for me this saturday. My Newcastle smashing Chelski and Llourinho. Viola doing the same in Milan. And even more important Porto draw away at Belenenses + Sporting won. When everyone was saying Porto were already champions this season, now they are just 3 pts ahead of Sporting and Benfica. And Benfica - Porto match is yet to happen. Sporting could gain a lot from that match.

Sporting Clube de Portugal, Fútbol Club Barcelona, Newcastle United Football Club, FK Vilniaus Žalgiris
Sauletekis is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #2400
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

Crazy situation at White Hart Lane with Lloris getting losing consciousness after getting hit in the head by Lukaku's knee. After a lengthy delay he continued and wouldn't let AVB bring on Friedel to replace him.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread