The 30-Love Club #3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-07-2005, 03:29 PM   #1
country flag Angle Queen
Mom 2 2 Beauties

Angle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond repute
Default The 30-Love Club #3

Original post included at the end of this one.

Now that we're coming up on the 2nd Anniversary of the start of this thread...and have added a nice membership along the way, I thought it might be helpful if we gave quick bios here in the front (that we could refer new(er) posters to).

I'll start.
Screen Name: ANGLE QUEEN
w/explanation: I play a lot of doubles. Hit a lot of angle winners
Nickname: AQ
Age (if you care to share): 44

Location: Richmond, Virginia, USA (about 2 hr south of Washington DC)
Time Zone: Eastern US/GMT-5
Family: Hubby (Tom), 3-year old daughter (Natalie...affectionately referred to as AP...for Angle Princess...or N@), new baby girl...Samantha...born in Sept 2008 (you do the math ).

Fan Of: Hewitt, Roddick, Mirnyi....sigh...I have reluctantly removed Henman, as he is retired.

Hobbies: Tennis, Cooking

Words of Wisdom: At 40, I can do what I did when I was 20. It just takes me twice as long to recover.
EDIT: I will repost new "links" if current thread participants care to write/rewrite/revise theirs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Do Not Use These Links
Cobalt60: Click here.

Lee: Click here.

kajonie: Click here.

J. Corwin: Click here.

dancing_queen: Click here.

Choupi: Click here.

alfonsojose: Click here.

Cath777: Click here.

Betty: Click here.

LaTenista: Click here.

Clara Bow: Click here.

kataanna: Click here.

soraya: Click here.

sigmagirl91: Click here.

psichogaucho: Click here.

Zirconek: Click here.

*Ljubica*: Click here.

the biscuit: Click here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut-n-paste this:
Screen Name:
w/explanation:
Nickname:
Age (if you care to share):

Family:

Fan Of:

Hobbies:

Words of Wisdom:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Post
At the behest of an, um, similarly aged poster...I'll begin this thread for those of us...over the age of 30. Not quite sure what we'll all talk about, but I'm sure our experiences are a bit different than some of the new pups (although y'all are welcome too...if you keep it nice...and don't crack jokes about our age, infirmities or idiosyncracies).

Guess I'll start off...

How did you waste time at work...before the internet?

Me, I wrote (and still do) "stories." Nothing worth printing, mind you, but a fun pursuit nonetheless. I also was pretty good at reading...a novel...between all my engineering journals. And...I could even catch a catnap too. Course, that was back in the day when offices had doors and we weren't all stuck in cubicles.

Do you remember your first (non-kids)...45, album, 8-track, cassette, CD? Mine were, in order,

45: S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y Night by the Bay City Rollers,
Album: Working Class Dog by Rick Springfield,
8-Track: John Denver's Greatest Hits I,
Cassette: Hooked on Classics and, drum roll,
CD: Records by Foreigner (had the album, 8-track & cassette...so I had to get the CD).

How do you recover from a tennis match?

Well, I believe in prevention. One Aleve with my pre-match food...and two the minute I come off the court. I used to hate drinking water...but now, it's part of the routine. Only trouble is...unless it's one of our classic 90-degree, 90-percent humidity days here in the Mid-Atlantic...I'm not sweatin' it off...and have to find a restroom between sets. Yuck! Nothin' worse than having to pull damp bloomers back on.

So Lords and Ladies, here's your chance to chat with the Old Gang.
The 30-Love Club #1
The 30-Love Club #2

Last edited by Carlita : 01-31-2010 at 09:31 AM. Reason: updated profile
Angle Queen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2008, 03:26 AM   #2
country flag Clara Bow

Clara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond repute
Default The 30-Love Club #3

Lee- we are going to get the wheels in motion for a in 2008. To not give you all tmi- we are going to try for a little bit, but have always been interested in adoption for some reasons so after a few months of trying, if it does not come to pass- we will feel it is for reason and start the process for adoption. Either way, by this time next year I will likely either be in maternity clothing or we will be in the adoption process.

cath- we did get an inspection before we bought- pretty thorough, and addressed his main concerns. But it seems like there were some unforseen problems that are causing the cracking, etc. One of my co-worker's husbands is an engineer and will meet with us next weekend to let us know what should and should not be done. You do give very good advice though, we are holding off on doing anything until we understand the complexity of everything we are dealing with - hence the appointment next weekend. We don't want to pour money into quicksand, if you will We will look into see if there is anything locally, as the area is in an interesting transition. Thanks for the tip. We are also seeing what all our insurance will do. I guess this is how we learn things in life. Glad that your b-i-l was able to get some help.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:34 AM   #3
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 30-Love Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara Bow View Post
Lee- we are going to get the wheels in motion for a in 2008. To not give you all tmi- we are going to try for a little bit, but have always been interested in adoption for some reasons so after a few months of trying, if it does not come to pass- we will feel it is for reason and start the process for adoption. Either way, by this time next year I will likely either be in maternity clothing or we will be in the adoption process.
Congrats!

Quote:
cath- we did get an inspection before we bought- pretty thorough, and addressed his main concerns. But it seems like there were some unforseen problems that are causing the cracking, etc. One of my co-worker's husbands is an engineer and will meet with us next weekend to let us know what should and should not be done. You do give very good advice though, we are holding off on doing anything until we understand the complexity of everything we are dealing with - hence the appointment next weekend. We don't want to pour money into quicksand, if you will We will look into see if there is anything locally, as the area is in an interesting transition. Thanks for the tip. We are also seeing what all our insurance will do. I guess this is how we learn things in life. Glad that your b-i-l was able to get some help.
Again, good luck on this. The problems with your house definitely sounds like needing a structural engineer's expertize.
Lee is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 04:09 AM   #4
country flag jackieglover

jackieglover has a reputation beyond reputejackieglover has a reputation beyond reputejackieglover has a reputation beyond reputejackieglover has a reputation beyond reputejackieglover has a reputation beyond reputejackieglover has a reputation beyond reputejackieglover has a reputation beyond reputejackieglover has a reputation beyond reputejackieglover has a reputation beyond reputejackieglover has a reputation beyond reputejackieglover has a reputation beyond repute

Happy New Year all.
jackieglover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 04:10 AM   #5

jackieglover has a reputation beyond reputejackieglover has a reputation beyond reputejackieglover has a reputation beyond reputejackieglover has a reputation beyond reputejackieglover has a reputation beyond reputejackieglover has a reputation beyond reputejackieglover has a reputation beyond reputejackieglover has a reputation beyond reputejackieglover has a reputation beyond reputejackieglover has a reputation beyond reputejackieglover has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cath777 View Post
Merry Christmas to you too
Thanks cath, how is Canada treating you?
Old 01-09-2008, 01:39 AM   #6
country flag cath777

cath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackieglover View Post
Thanks cath, how is Canada treating you?
Life here is grand! Really enjoying our new house and the January thaw which has melted most of the snow and caused the temperature to jump from -10C last week to 15C this week

Only annoyance is that the TV company mucked up our order and we won't get connected until next Wednesday, so no Oz Open for me for the first few days

How's life treating you? Will we be seeing more of you around these parts again this year
cath777 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 01:56 AM   #7
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh wow JACKIE!!!!!
Carrie- if you would like some professional hints on getting pregnant ask Then again .........
Hello And good night. Off to bed for me.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:19 PM   #8
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

I am still struggling to get up at 6 in the morning

I need another week to recover.
Lee is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 04:53 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cath777 View Post
Life here is grand! Really enjoying our new house and the January thaw which has melted most of the snow and caused the temperature to jump from -10C last week to 15C this week

Only annoyance is that the TV company mucked up our order and we won't get connected until next Wednesday, so no Oz Open for me for the first few days

How's life treating you? Will we be seeing more of you around these parts again this year
It was ice cold here for awhile, but things seem to be thawing. In fact, I haven't slept well the last few days because I need to be in a deep freeze coma and the balmly 40 degree nights are killing me

Haven't been following tennis, give me some day 1 winners to bet on
Old 01-13-2008, 04:54 AM   #10

Can't see your avatar Sue. I think I'm going blind
Old 01-13-2008, 11:10 AM   #11
country flag Betty

Betty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond repute

hi all
Jackie how are u glad see u
Carrie congrATS AND GOOD LUCK
2011=w/Corey F.:Auckland SF -Zagreb F -Wimbledon QF w/Dupuis2006 Nottingham W- w/acionescu Atlanta F
2010=w/Corey F. -Auckland F - w/Boarder35mNewport F -Tokyo F - w/acionescu Manerbio ch F-
2009 : (w/Corey F.) Washington W - Cordoba / Pozoblanco W - (w/Boarder35m)-Bordeaux W
TT Single 2012 O.G. SF Dubai W -Atlanta W Casablanca F 2011 Rabat , Metz F-Los Angeles W;2009 Todi ; Bergamo W -Wimbledon F -Karlsruhe F -Estoril SF;2008 = Tunica R., A.Seville SF

FORZA INTER
Betty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 12:17 PM   #12
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackieglover View Post
Can't see your avatar Sue. I think I'm going blind
Emerson Lake and Palmer's first album cover
Man it is so good to see you post here
Sorry can't help you with any betting tips
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 03:05 PM   #13

Wow, your baby is so cute betty (that is unless you are using a random children's image as your avatar)
Old 01-13-2008, 03:06 PM   #14

Damn Sue, I thought you were going to list all the big underdogs that were going to win and make me rich (for a day at least)
Old 01-14-2008, 10:39 PM   #15
country flag cath777

cath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond repute

JG, hope your bets paid off and you are rich (at least for a day)
cath777 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote