Indian Wells BNP Paribas, Baby! CHAMPION!!!! - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-10-2013, 02:09 PM   #31
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indian Wells BNP Paribas, Baby! Vamos Rafa!

That's what Rafa had to say after the match.

Quote:
"I am satisfied to be in the next round. That's the most important thing," said Nadal. "Two weeks ago, I didn't really know if I would be here playing. I am happy to be here. I am happy to be in the third round. It was a good victory for me today against a good opponent.

"My physical performance needs to improve. My movement needs to improve. Matches like this help me. Any victory is important for me because that gives me the chance to play another day. That's what I need, to play matches. I need to compete."
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...l-Berdych.aspx
Hope the knee's OK. Yes he needs to improve and I'm sure he will with every day spent on hard courts now. Vamos Rafa! Leo Mayer next again, and after that the Gulbis test! Not that I make the mistake again saying smth like 'Mayer is winnable'.
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2013, 02:32 PM   #32
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

The shocking part was that in the game he was broken, Rafa hit two balls into the ver bottom of the net. I don't think I've seen him hit a ball into the bottom of the net like that unless it was a botched return of serve.

The other thing that was interesting was that I always read that players should come to the net and spit pressure on Rafa. Harrison was certainly committed to rushing the net, He came forward again and again, that really helped Rafa because Rafa won most of those points.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:23 PM   #33
country flag born_on_clay

born_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really worried about possible Gulbis matchup
64 Titles | 27 Masters 1000 |Olympic Games Singles Gold Medalist | 139 Weeks at no.1
3 year end no.1 | 4 Davis Cups | 699 singles match wins
born_on_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:09 PM   #34
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

I'm worried about everything.

Even at the time, I thought Ferrer must be not himself for Rafa to beat him so easily. Now he's been beaten at IW, it puts that victory in perspective. But, more important is how Rafa is feeling.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:52 PM   #35
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by born_on_clay View Post
I'm really worried about possible Gulbis matchup
At least losing to Gulbis I wouldn't mind too terribly. If only the knees will hold up. Of course I'm worried too.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:35 AM   #36
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:07 AM   #37

born_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond repute

Mimi

Good to see you beeing optimistic
64 Titles | 27 Masters 1000 |Olympic Games Singles Gold Medalist | 139 Weeks at no.1
Old 03-11-2013, 09:36 AM   #38
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

I am not, I am always the crying baby. But since he had won 2 titles, not too bad so I am least worrying and I have my own share of worrying, so no time to worry about him

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #39
country flag notrafaelnadal

notrafaelnadal has a reputation beyond reputenotrafaelnadal has a reputation beyond reputenotrafaelnadal has a reputation beyond reputenotrafaelnadal has a reputation beyond reputenotrafaelnadal has a reputation beyond reputenotrafaelnadal has a reputation beyond reputenotrafaelnadal has a reputation beyond reputenotrafaelnadal has a reputation beyond reputenotrafaelnadal has a reputation beyond reputenotrafaelnadal has a reputation beyond reputenotrafaelnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Remaining opponents in Rafa's draw.
http://www.allaboutrafa.com/2013/03/...ter-2r-in.html
notrafaelnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:04 PM   #40

Mayer has just withdrawn. I really don't know if it's a good thing...
Old 03-11-2013, 08:31 PM   #41
country flag mseles1

mseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond repute

Good for the knee/s. Not good in terms of Rafa wanting matches.

Gulbis is comfortably the most entertaining personality on tour. 5-3 first set he could have received a verbal, ball abuse & racquet abuse (warnings) even Spirlea wasn't that talented.
Time violation warnings - no from me. ATP wants to make the game more watchable/entertaining - penalise service winners, make the players play the game, a radical thought I know.
mseles1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:22 AM   #42
country flag notrafaelnadal

notrafaelnadal has a reputation beyond reputenotrafaelnadal has a reputation beyond reputenotrafaelnadal has a reputation beyond reputenotrafaelnadal has a reputation beyond reputenotrafaelnadal has a reputation beyond reputenotrafaelnadal has a reputation beyond reputenotrafaelnadal has a reputation beyond reputenotrafaelnadal has a reputation beyond reputenotrafaelnadal has a reputation beyond reputenotrafaelnadal has a reputation beyond reputenotrafaelnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Collision Course.
http://www.allaboutrafa.com/2013/03/...ederer-in.html
notrafaelnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:21 AM   #43
country flag shawshank

shawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond repute

Very very tough match against Gulbis. I see it 50-50. Rafa lacks matches on hard. I think that 4 days without a match is a lot, but there is a chance that Gulbis will be tired finally or his chimerical character will play a role. Otherwise his form right now is better than Rafa's and also his self belief is sky high.
Vamos Rafa!

RAFAEL NADAL
CAREER GRAND SLAM: 1 AO, 9 RG, 2 WIM, 2 US
TOTAL TOURNAMENTS WON: 64 (44 CLAY), (27 MASTERS 1000)

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO
HAAS, GULBIS, THIEM, DIMITROV, BERANKIS
KUBOT, JANOWICZ, PRZYSIĘŻNY, MAJCHRZAK

GOAT: PETE SAMPRAS

2014 highlights: Rafa winning 9th RG and Kubot winning AO doubles - first Grand Slam title for Poland in my life!
shawshank is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:58 PM   #44

I really would love to see another Fedal match
Old 03-14-2013, 08:24 AM   #45
country flag shawshank

shawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing win by Rafa! Just loved every minute of this match, although Rafa was playing bad at times. These kind of matches shows me how much I missed him!
I stayed all night long watching Fed and Rafa and now I'm dying at work.
Just 21 hours break between match with Gulbis and quarters with Federer. I hope fitness won't be an issue. Federer doesn't impress this week, so I think a win is really possible! Can't wait for that match!
Vamos Rafa!

RAFAEL NADAL
CAREER GRAND SLAM: 1 AO, 9 RG, 2 WIM, 2 US
TOTAL TOURNAMENTS WON: 64 (44 CLAY), (27 MASTERS 1000)

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO
HAAS, GULBIS, THIEM, DIMITROV, BERANKIS
KUBOT, JANOWICZ, PRZYSIĘŻNY, MAJCHRZAK

GOAT: PETE SAMPRAS

2014 highlights: Rafa winning 9th RG and Kubot winning AO doubles - first Grand Slam title for Poland in my life!
shawshank is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote