~Carlos *News*&*Articles* Thread~ - Page 83 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-28-2011, 03:29 AM   #1231
country flag rosiemoyagirl

rosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~Carlos *News*&*Articles* Thread~

According to Carlos' Twitter Carolina miscarried. Sorry to hear this.
rosiemoyagirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2011, 12:44 AM   #1232
country flag myrt

myrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond repute

Very sad news for them , hope they will have more children . Carlos also posted in spanish on his twitter site [I don't know spanish and the translation is incomprehensible] something about the olympic doubles in london. Did any spanish speaker see this and what was he saying?
myrt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:56 PM   #1233
claudine140

claudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond repute

I understood : moya and nadal will play doubles in Londen and moya said 'it is an honour to play with nadal

VAMOS MOYKE !!!!!
UNA SALUTA

Claudine :bounce
claudine140 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:42 AM   #1234
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudine140 View Post
I understood : moya and nadal will play doubles in Londen and moya said 'it is an honour to play with nadal

Also, Carlos and Carolina
Their little girl is too young to understand a tragedy like losing a sibling, but I'm sure she is a great comfort to her parents now
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 11:55 PM   #1235
country flag myrt

myrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Claudine140 for the info. I'm confused,don't you have to have played within the previous year in Davis Cup to be selected to represent Spain in tennis in the olympics? Anyone know the rules?

Pirata that is a sweet thought ....Carla is the best antidote for their grief.
myrt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:13 AM   #1236
country flag rosiemoyagirl

rosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond repute

Wait! Carlos in the Olympics? How can this be? Are you sure? Wooo Hooo!
rosiemoyagirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:46 AM   #1237
claudine140

claudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond repute

Moya To Open 2012 In Delray As Wilander Forced To Withdraw

Former No. 1 and 1998 French Open champion Carlos Moya has replaced the injured Mats Wilander in the ATP Champions event at the Delray Beach ITC, which begins at the Delray Beach Stadium & Tennis Center on February 24.

Wilander, who has played in the ITC's first two ATP Champions Tour events, sustained a kidney laceration following a fall in his apartment at the Australian Open and will be taking time off from his playing and teaching activities to recuperate.

Moya, a member of Spain's 2004 winning Davis Cup team, topped the South African Airways rankings on the ATP Champions Tour in 2011.

The Spaniard will play fellow Grand Slam champion Pat Cash in the opening match of the 2012 ITC, before facing off against Aaron Krickstein and fellow French Open champion Michael Chang. more

VAMOS MOYKE !!!!!
UNA SALUTA

Old 02-23-2012, 10:32 AM   #1238
claudine140

next week is moya back in action in delray beach!!!!

VAMOS MOYKE !!!!!
UNA SALUTA

Old 02-25-2012, 07:10 AM   #1239
claudine140

Moya, who finished the 2011 season ranked No. 1 on the Champions Tour, needed a third-set tiebreaker to defeat Pat Cash 6-2, 2-6, 10-2 in the opening match of the tournament, which goes through March 4.

“In the tiebreaker, I kind of woke up,” said Moya, who won 20 ATP World Tour titles before a right foot injury forced his decision to retire from the World Tour two years ago.

“My foot cannot afford me to play too much any more like I used to,” said Moya, who is 35 and 10 years Cash’s junior. “I think I’m still pretty fit.”

Moya commended Cash for his play, especially in the second set.

“When I’m 45, I hope I can be like Pat is right now,” said Moya, who next faces Michael Chang on Saturday afternoon in his second match of round-robin pool play. “He’s very entertaining to watch and it was great to see him and play against him. . . . We are former top athletes and we play for fun and make jokes, but we still want to win.”

VAMOS MOYKE !!!!!
UNA SALUTA

Old 02-26-2012, 08:00 AM   #1240
claudine140

Even players known more for as serious competitors like Spain’s Carlos Moya could chuckle a little easier on this day.

“We are former top players and we were used to winning very often, said Moya, who retired in November of 2010 with 575 career victories and 20 ATP titles. “Now, we’re not. So you can have more fun. Chat with the crowd. It’s much more relaxing than it used to be. You talk much more [with the players] than you would when you were 20, 25 years old.”

Moya defeated Michael Chang, the 1989 French Open winner who amassed 34 ATP titles, in straight sets 6-1, 6-4.

The 6-foot-3 Moya is the youngest player in the field at 35 years old. He is now 2-0 in this event and will be looking to clinch a spot in the finals on Tuesday at 7:15 p.m. if he can defeat Krickstein in the Sunday match at 1 p.m.
The remaining Sunday schedule includes Chang against Cash at 3 p.m., Jimmy Arias of the U.S. against Mikael Pernfors of Sweden at 5:30 p.m. and Czech Ivan Lendl verse Johan Kriek, of South Africa, at 7:30 p.m.

The ATP Champions Tour featured eight retired players who once ranked in the World top 10 at some juncture in their careers.

VAMOS MOYKE !!!!!
UNA SALUTA

Old 02-27-2012, 05:34 AM   #1241
claudine140

Ivan Lendl
Moya Targets Clash Against Boyhood Idol In Delray Final

Carlos Moya qualified for his sixth consecutive ATP Champions Tour Final in Delray Beach on Sunday, and afterwards expressed his delight at the prospect of possibly meeting his boyhood hero Ivan Lendl in Tuesday’s final.

Moya confirmed his place with a 6-4, 6-4 victory over American Aaron Krickstein on Sunday evening, and the Spaniard must now await the result of tomorrow’s meeting between Mikael Pernfors and Johan Kriek to discover whether he will achieve his dream of playing against eight-time Grand Slam Champion Lendl. Lendl’s final hopes were dealt a blow in a 6-4, 6-3 loss to Johan Kriek in his final round-robin match on Sunday.

“Lendl is one of the all time greats, and he made history,” said Moya. “ This is what makes the Champions Tour unique, being able to bridge the generations. It is a dream for me that I might have the chance to play my idols like Lendl and hopefully McEnroe as well one day. It’s amazing to look up to them for so long and then to be on the same court with them. I have so many memories of watching him when I was a kid and I have so much respect for what he did and everything he achieved. He changed the game.”

Moya also gave some insight into how Lendl’s relationship with current World Number Four Andy Murray might help the Briton to take the next step in his career.

“Lendl’s partnership with Murray is very interesting,” he said. “It’s not the same as my relationship with Rafa, as I have never officially coached him, but I have tried to help him and answer any questions he has, and that voice of experience can be very important for young players. There is no doubt that Murray has the ability to win a Slam, it’s just that doubt over whether he is mentally good enough. But that is where Lendl can help, because he’s been in that exact situation of waiting and waiting for his first Grand Slam. I think Ivan has such a winning mentality that that will only help Murray, because that’s exactly what he needs to develop.”

VAMOS MOYKE !!!!!
UNA SALUTA

Old 02-29-2012, 05:36 PM   #1242
claudine140

Moya Takes Fifth Title To Continue Form of 2011

Carlos Moya continued where he left off at the end of 2011 by winning the ATP Champions Tour event in Delray Beach, Florida and jumping to the top of the South African Airways Rankings.

Moya, 35, defeated former World No.1 Ivan Lendl 6-4, 6-4 in a fascinating battle of generations in front of a packed, enthusiastic crowd.

Having never played each other before, Moya and Lendl did not know what to expect and Lendl perhaps surprised his Spanish opponent by charging the net at every opportunity. The tactic worked for much of the opening set as the 52-year-old Lendl made light of their 17-year age difference. His serve and forehand were typically potent weapons, but Moya managed to stay with him and eventually seal a single break of serve. The second set went the same way to leave Moya holding his fifth trophy since joining the ATP Champions Tour a year ago.

“It’s the competition and the adrenaline of matches like this with a massive crowd that I miss about the Tour,” said Moya afterwards. “It’s great that I still have the chance to feel that on nights like this and it’s great that the Champions Tour can give me this feeling

VAMOS MOYKE !!!!!
UNA SALUTA

Old 03-21-2012, 04:41 PM   #1243
claudine140

moya plays in Zurich this week
http://www.zurichopen.net/?page=News&id=92
here you can follow the match live

VAMOS MOYKE !!!!!
UNA SALUTA

Old 03-21-2012, 04:46 PM   #1244
claudine140

* Santiago, London.

Tuesday, 20th March, 2012 - Starting at 4.00pm
Mark Philippoussis d. Henri Leconte
6-2, 6-2
Michael Stich d. Pat Cash
3-6, 7-6(5), 11-9
- Starting at 8.30pm
-
Stefan Edberg d. Tim Henman
7-6(11), 6-1

Wednesday, 21st March, 2012- Starting at 2.30pm
Marat Safin vs. Michael Stich
- Starting at 5.30pm
Carlos Moya vs. Pat Cash
- Starting at 8.30pm
Tim Henman vs. Mark Philippoussis

Thursday, 22nd March, 2012 - Starting at 2.30pm
Tim Henman vs. Henri Leconte
- Starting at 5.30pm
Carlos Moya vs. Marat Safin
- Starting at 8.30pm
Stefan Edberg vs. Mark Philippoussis

Friday, 23rd March, 2012 - Starting at 2.30pm
Marat Safin vs. Pat Cash
- Starting at 5.30pm
Stefan Edberg vs. Henri Leconte
- Starting at 8.30pm
Carlos Moya vs. Michael Stich

Saturday, 24th March, 2012 - Starting at 2.00pm
3/4 Place play off
Final

STANDINGS
GROUP A
Matches won/lost (sets)
Carlos Moya
0-0 (0-0)
Marat Safin
0-0 (0-0)
Pat Cash
0-0 (0-0)
Michael Stic
0-0 (0-0)

GROUP B
Matches won/lost (sets)
Tim Henman
0-0 (0-0)
Mark Philippoussis
0-0 (0-0)
Stefan Edberg
0-0 (0-0)
Henri Leconte
0-0 (0-0)

VAMOS MOYKE !!!!!
UNA SALUTA

Old 03-21-2012, 06:21 PM   #1245
claudine140

moya won his match against Pat Cash in two sets 6/4 6/4

VAMOS MOYKE !!!!!
UNA SALUTA