~Carlos *News*&*Articles* Thread~ - Page 41 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-16-2006, 03:50 AM   #601
country flag maqk

maqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~Carlos *News*&*Articles* Thread~

Lau, where you in the stadium there,

or you had a LIVE Broadcast???

PEACE OF MIND, SUBMIT YOUR WILL TO YOUR LORD SINCE THE LORD KNOWS THE BEST, VISIT IRF, MAKE THE DECISION YOURSELF
JAHANGIR KHAN - longest unbeaten run"SPORTSMAN OF THE MILLENIUM"

SupportIngXristos4ABrilliantCarrear
maqk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2006, 03:51 AM   #602
country flag maqk

maqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond repute

will you have the next match LIVE???

PEACE OF MIND, SUBMIT YOUR WILL TO YOUR LORD SINCE THE LORD KNOWS THE BEST, VISIT IRF, MAKE THE DECISION YOURSELF

Old 12-16-2006, 04:27 AM   #603
country flag lau

lau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by maqk View Post
when is Moya's next match
No next match for Charly. Round Robin didn´t ruin the Copa Argentina yet
Seriously, I guess he´ll enjoy Buenos Aires till Sunday, when he is leaving to Spain

Quote:
Lau, where you in the stadium there,

or you had a LIVE Broadcast???
No, I was not in the stadium, but all the matches of the 'Copa Argentina de tenis' are broadcasted by ESPN+ in Latin America
lau is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 08:35 AM   #604
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

awww shame he lost, but I think it's so good to hear he's having a great time That's just wonderful.
Carlita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 07:26 PM   #605
country flag Baby May

Baby May has a reputation beyond reputeBaby May has a reputation beyond reputeBaby May has a reputation beyond reputeBaby May has a reputation beyond reputeBaby May has a reputation beyond reputeBaby May has a reputation beyond reputeBaby May has a reputation beyond reputeBaby May has a reputation beyond reputeBaby May has a reputation beyond reputeBaby May has a reputation beyond reputeBaby May has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
tks lau very very much for such a gr8 article
tks very much gr8 gr8 work
Thank you very, very much for that interview.
Baby May is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 10:51 PM   #606
country flag lau

lau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond repute

I can´t believe what I heard on my telly
David and Carlos started teasing each other because both of them lost their matches. They friendly started saying each other that they sucked The thing continued and finally they bet..., an important amount of euros, according to Frana (ex-tennis player, makes comments for ESPN+ LA). They´ll play against each other a set, tomorrow, in the BALTC central court before the Copa Argentina Final and the winner wins the bet I have no idea if this will be broadcasted (I doubt it), but I´m sure there we´ll hear about it
Old 12-17-2006, 12:53 PM   #607
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

that's funny! And sounds soooooooo like Carlos

vamos chico!
Carlita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 03:17 PM   #608
country flag maqk

yeah its exhibition,

nothing tooo serious

Old 12-18-2006, 04:23 AM   #609
country flag lau

Carlos lost his set against David. Then he play some "football tennis" with Cañas as his team mate, against Maradona-Nalbandian, and he lost again He had a good time. I posted the pics in the photos thread.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:38 PM   #610
country flag rosiemoyagirl

rosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond repute

I read on another web site that there was no way Carlos was going to win the match against Canas. The crowd and the referee were totally for Canas and several bad calls were made against Carlos. This from someone who was there. He had a good time anyway and looks very happy. I know he lost against David but does anyone know if he played well?
rosiemoyagirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 04:50 PM   #611
country flag lau

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiemoyagirl View Post
I read on another web site that there was no way Carlos was going to win the match against Canas. The crowd and the referee were totally for Canas and several bad calls were made against Carlos. This from someone who was there. He had a good time anyway and looks very happy. I know he lost against David but does anyone know if he played well?
I don´t know were you get that from. I was not in the stadium, but I watched it live on TV. If there´s a country, besides Spain, where the crowd will be on his side, that´s Argentina.
I didn´t notice more bad calls for him than the ones Cañas might recieved. For me it was a normal exhibition match. Obviously, there was more people cheering for Guillermo than for Carlos, but trust me, it was not as you say it was.
Cañas just played better than him, he didn´t do it badly, at all. But (and this is my personal opinion) Guillermo wanted it more than him, for obvious reasons. And those are the same reasons why he won the whole thing, IMHO.
And the set with Nalbandian was mostly a hit and giggle thing, I wouldn´t take it seriously...
Old 12-18-2006, 05:02 PM   #612
country flag marti_228

marti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lau View Post
I don´t know were you get that from. I was not in the stadium, but I watched it live on TV. If there´s a country, besides Spain, where the crowd will be on his side, that´s Argentina.
I didn´t notice more bad calls for him than the ones Cañas might recieved. For me it was a normal exhibition match. Obviously, there was more people cheering for Guillermo than for Carlos, but trust me, it was not as you say it was.
Cañas just played better than him, he didn´t do it badly, at all. But (and this is my personal opinion) Guillermo wanted it more than him, for obvious reasons. And those are the same reasons why he won the whole thing, IMHO.
And the set with Nalbandian was mostly a hit and giggle thing, I wouldn´t take it seriously...
I totally agree with you and I was in the stadium.
After and before the match, Moya was very applauded. It was a great match with some amazing pints, specially the match point.
marti_228 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 10:35 PM   #613
country flag rosiemoyagirl

rosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond repute

You lucky people for getting to see it live! I read that on a MSN group. You know sometimes the message gets lost on the web, you can't hear the persons intonation so things are mistaken. Seems like Carlos had a great time, a huge smile on his face! That's what it's all about, you have to love and enjoy the sport in order to win! So hopefully he will give us many wins this upcoming ATP season. Merry Christmas everyone!
rosiemoyagirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 04:14 AM   #614
country flag maqk

Chennai: Carlos Moya's love affair with Chennai started in the late 1990's and has been going strong ever since.

He has been coming to Chennai since 1999 for the Chennai Open and the crowds love him.

The attraction is so strong much that after the tsunami hit the city in December 2004, Moya was one of those who came, saw and tried to help in his own way.

Then world No 5, Moya not only auctioned five of his tennis racquets for the cause but also donated the prize money on winning the title in January 2005.

"I didn't do anything special, it was just what my heart told me to do. It was special for me coming here and see how much people suffered here," said Moya, who is currently ranked 43.

Last year world No 1 Roger Federer had visited Pondicherry on the ocassion of the second anniversary of the tsunami.

Now Moya, too, wants to visit and meet those who are involved in the rehabilitation work.

"I would love to go and see. I didn't really see what exactly they did. I donated that to UNICEF, so I think they are a good organisation and they did the right thing," Moya said.

Moya is a man who likes to do things with little fuss and maximum efficiency so it wasn't surprising when the Spaniard refused to discuss the other causes he supports.

"It was never public, the only charity I did in public was when I donated my prize money (in Chennai) because they needed to know what I did. But I don't like to make it public. I do it because I think this is what I have to do and I am going to keep doing that," Moya added.

Old 01-14-2007, 05:33 PM   #615
country flag maqk

Moya model of major gentleman

By Margie McDonald
January 15, 2007
CARLOS Moya knows deep down he will never hoist a grand slam trophy above his head again, but he can stand stubbornly in the way of those who can.
When his name popped up on the 32-player men's singles draw for the 10th time at the Sydney International last week, many asked "is he still playing?" "To be honest I know another (slam win) will be very difficult but you never know. You cannot say 'never again' because you have to believe in yourself, have those high dreams, otherwise why bother to enter a grand slam?" Moya said.
Moya is not among the 32 men's seeds in Melbourne this week and he suffered his worst year-end ranking in 2006 (No.43) since 1995 (63), when he turned pro.
His title win in Buenos Aires last year ensured he has won least one ATP title for the past seven years. The Spaniard with the steely glaze has 19 career singles titles and has been runner-up on 20 other occasions.
Although the grand slam sun is setting, his performance at Sydney, where he saved a match point in the first round, another in the second round, came back from a break down in the third set to beat Marcos Baghdatis in the quarter-final and then toppled the talented Richard Gasquet in the semi-final, is what drives him.
"Sometimes I have felt like quitting. I achieved everything that was in my dreams and there's been times when I have felt there is no reason to keep going. I could stay home more often and be with my family," Moya said.
"But these kind of matches are the ones that make me keep going, to motivate me to keep walking out there in the sun. As long as I can play these kind of matches, I'll be around for a few more years."
Moya has already done time. The 1998 French Open champion, who was runner-up to Pete Sampras at the 1997 Australian Open, was No.1 in the world for two weeks in March 1999. Since his triumph at Roland Garros, he has played in 28 other grand slams but his best finish has been three quarter-final appearances.
It would seem the glory days are over.
But look again. The Mr Eternal of men's tennis will turn 31 in August, in his 12th year on the world tour.
But, he said, reaching the Sydney final on Saturday night against world No.5 James Blake, where he came from a set down and 0-4 down in the second to lose in three 6-3 5-7 6-1, proved to him he still had a right to be on the world stage.
"There is very special feeling for me now in being able to beat guys who are 10 years younger than me and who, for sure, are going to be top 10 in the future," he said.
Both 21 year-old Baghdatis (No.11) and 20-year-old Gasquet (18) are in the top 20. In 1996, when Moya was 20 and ranked in the mid-30s, he knocked over Boris Becker - then world No.2 - at the Paris Indoors and Thomas Muster in Munich. Both players were nine years older than Moya.
"It's like looking in a mirror for me now, then there's the feeling of playing in full stadiums, such a good atmosphere, and that's something I'm never going to have again when I retire so I try to enjoy every moment," he said.
He has always been a bit of an enigma.
Moya writes left-handed, plays right-handed.
In 1999 People magazine voted him one of the world's 50 most beautiful people. In 2000 he launched his own cologne, in 2001 he made his acting debut as a tennis coach in a Spanish movie Torrente II and amongst all that he did his six months of compulsory military service.
Against Blake in Sydney, he was attempting to become the first active player to win a title on five continents. He first conquered South America (Buenos Aires), then Europe (Monte Carlo), North America (Long Island) and Asia (Chennai).
Australia still eludes him. He is now 0-4 in finals here - three Sydney runner-up finishes (to Tim Henman in 1997, Lleyton Hewitt in 2004 and Blake 2007) and one Australian Open (to Sampras in 1997).
But he impressed Blake no end. The pair meets again tomorrow being drawn together in the first round - their 10th meeting since 2002 and the fourth in less than a year.
"That's why he is where he is and why he's done what he's done in this sport, because he keeps fighting every time, and we saw it time after time this week, down match points first and second rounds, against Baghdatis just fighting for every single match, and that's so impressive," Blake said.
"For someone who's accomplished everything he has in the sport to still be competing hard for every point, first round to the finals, that's a true competitor, and it's something kids can look up to."

click me for source, thank you