~Carlos *News*&*Articles* Thread~ - Page 37 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-02-2006, 06:16 PM   #541
country flag rosiemoyagirl

rosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~Carlos *News*&*Articles* Thread~

Ah, come on! I'm trying to understand it but I'm only taking Spanish one at the moment. This is way above my understanding. Anyone quick translation? Please!
rosiemoyagirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2006, 06:46 PM   #542
country flag enqvistfan

enqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiemoyagirl
Ah, come on! I'm trying to understand it but I'm only taking Spanish one at the moment. This is way above my understanding. Anyone quick translation? Please!
Try with this internet translator :

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Fernando Gonzalez & Carlos Moya

Para siempre Gonzo

Still supporting you, vamos
enqvistfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 06:53 PM   #543

rosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond repute

muchos gracias!
Old 09-02-2006, 06:54 PM   #544

More Moya!

Paul-Henri slice

Moya Scores First Game Break in Third Set To Reach Third Round
by Erin Bruehl
Friday, September 1, 2006

After upsetting No. 28 Agustin Calleri in the first round, Carlos Moya of Spain advanced to the third round of the US Open with a 7-6 (5), 7-6 (7), 6-4 victory over Paul-Henri Mathieu of France.

Moya, the 1998 French Open champion and now ranked No. 48 in the world, lost in the second round of the US Open last year and now will face either No. 5 James Blake or Teimuraz Gabashvili in the third round.

Although Moya won in straight sets, the match was far from easy as both players were very balanced throughout the match, consistently holding serve – until the third set.

After Moya held his own serve in the 12th game of the first set, he took control early in the tiebreaker, serving first and never trailing. After Mathieu hit a shot long to give Moya the 6-4 advantage, Mathieu placed a shot just in to the right to close the gap to 6-5. However, Mathieu then double faulted on the next point to give Moya the set.

The second set played out much the same way, staying on serve in the games.

For the match, Moya converted just 56 percent of his first serves but had a 83 percent winning percentage on them. He hit 49 winners and committed 28 errors. Mathieu converted 67 percent of his first serves with a 74 percent winning percentage to go with 37 winners and 27 errors.

Mathieu served to start the first game of the third set, which would prove to be the critical game in the match. Mathieu went down 0-30 when he hit two consecutive shots into the net and then Moya caught up to a drop shot to smack a winner down the left line for a 0-40 lead.

Moya then scored the only game break of the match when he hit a winner down the right line for a 1-0 lead in the third. He held his own serve the rest of the way to take the match.

Mathieu’s best performance at a Grand Slam was at the 2002 French Open, where he reached the round of 16. He lost in the opening round of the US Open last year and has reached the third round just once in Flushing, in 2004.

Grandstand - Men's Singles - 2nd Round

Carlos Moya ESP 77 79 6

Paul-Henri Mathieu FRA 65 67 4

Serve Statistics

- Moya won the 19th title of his career at Buenos Aires this year.

- Moya was one of nine Grand Slam champions to reach the second round of this year's men's draw.

- Mathieu reached the third round of the 2006 French Open.

- Mathieu is ranked No. 59 in the world.
Old 09-02-2006, 07:09 PM   #545
country flag enqvistfan

enqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond repute

I translated the first one
Sorry in advance, if there are some mistakes.

Moya : "I enjoy my game"

The spaniard Carlos Moya recognised that after a long time, he has returned to enjoy his game, something which has also allowed him to have a good output and to reach for the 6th time the third round of the US OPEN.

Moya, 30 years old, won his second round with a 7-6 (7-5), 7-6 (9-7) 6-4, against the French Paul-Henri Mathieu, he said that he had recovered his scheme of game based on his serve and his forehand.

" I feel good again of what I'm doing on the court and I showed it at the decisive moments of the match when I had to gain the most important points", Moya explained.

" I have confidence, motivation and we can see that in the way how the things came"

Moya, that plays his 11th US OPEN as a professionnel emphasized that he gained both first sets in ' tiebreak' helped him a lot to lead him to the victory. It was his third victory against Mathieu in 4 meetings.

"After I gained the first two sets, I was convinced that I had the control of the match and that I only needed to improve a little bit more my tennis to win, Moya explained.

Better level of confidence

Moya said that it wasn't only the advantage but he was playing with his serve and his forehand well which helped him to improve more his level of confidence.

"All the strokes feel you better, and give a better show, emphasized Moya.
"Now I continue to think positive facing the future, without euphoria, but with the confidence to play in the best conditions each match"

Moya, that will have as a rival in the third round the winner of the match James Blake against the Russian Teimuraz Gabashvilli.

" the logical thing is that Blake wins, a player who arrives as the 5th seed, but he doesn't have the same solidity and confidence that last year, Moya said.

" Blake, is not the same player, but it will be necessary to win the match and he will be a difficult rival"

Rafael Nadal (2), Tommy Robredo (6), David Ferrer (11) and Fernando Verdasco (22) are the other spanish players qualified for the 3rd round of the US OPEN.

Terra Deportes - EFE

Para siempre Gonzo

Last edited by enqvistfan : 09-02-2006 at 07:12 PM.
Old 09-02-2006, 08:58 PM   #546

Oh, thank you so much enqvistfan! Great Job! and Moya's right, Blake is not the same player he was last year.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:05 PM   #547

And thanks for the translation website, it was really easy to use.
Old 09-03-2006, 08:24 AM   #548
country flag maqk

maqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond repute

tks EnqvistFan very much

PEACE OF MIND, SUBMIT YOUR WILL TO YOUR LORD SINCE THE LORD KNOWS THE BEST, VISIT IRF, MAKE THE DECISION YOURSELF
JAHANGIR KHAN - longest unbeaten run"SPORTSMAN OF THE MILLENIUM"

SupportIngXristos4ABrilliantCarrear
maqk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 08:00 PM   #549
country flag Eden
#Hopp Suisse

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

I just discovered this article and found it worth to be post here

Davis Cup triumph is higher than Grand Slam title: Moya
Press Trust of India

Mumbai, September 25, 2006

Spaniard Carlos Moya rates his country's victory in the Davis Cup tennis tournament two years ago above the world no 1 ranking he had achieved in the past as well as the French Open men's singles crown he won in 1998.
The world no 43 also feels that the gap between the top two players currently - world no 1 Roger Federer of Switzerland and reigning French Open champion Rafael Nadal - was bigger than during his peak period in the 1990s when the gap among the top 10 players in the world was narrower.
"Davis Cup is one of the favourite tournaments of all the players. Our title win in the Cup two years ago was the best thing which has happened to me in my tennis career. I rate it) even higher than my Grand Slam victory and my no one ranking," 30-year-old Moya, in Mumbai to take part in the $ 380,000 Kingfisher Airlines Open which commenced at the Cricket Club of India.
"I have played five times in the Chennai Open. Luck did not favour me in the first two years as I had to pull out due to a thumb infection and recurrence of a back problem (stress fracture) on the second occasion. But since then I have won the title twice and reached the final once," he said.
"The first match anywhere is going to be difficult. But I want to repeat my good show in Chennai in the tournament here. Hopefully I would do so," the Spaniard said.
Moya is set to take on Argentine Juan Martin Del Porto in round one tomorrow.
Asked about his long career which had fetched him 500 singles wins recently, the pony-tail haired Moya said that when he started his career he never thought he would get this far.
"I never thought when I started that I would win so many matches. I am proud of this (feat). I would like to go for 600 wins though I know it's going to be very difficult to achieve," he said.
Moya hoped his compatriot Nadal, who lost to Federer in the men's singles final of the last Wimbledon championship, would one day win the most coveted title in world tennis.
"It was a big achievement that he came to the final of Wimbledon. If Federer had not been there, I think Rafael would have won it. It's difficult to beat Roger on grass."
Moya felt that Nadal was capable of becoming the world number one too if he stays fit and maintains his form over the next couple of years.
"He's very strong and works very hard at his game," the elder statesman of Spanish tennis said.
Asked to compare 14-time Grand Slam title-winner Pete Sampras of the US with Federer, Moya said it was difficult to compare players of different eras.
He also felt that the Spanish armada that ruled the world during his peak period was much stronger than the present bunch in which only Nadal seemed capable of winning Grand Slams.
"In my days there were Alex Corretja, Carlos Ferrero, Alberto Costa and Felix Mantila who all were capable of winning Slams, but now we have only Nadal who seems capable of winning Grand Slams."
Moya said he would continue to play as long as he was fit and enjoying the game.
He also welcomed the third umpire's concept introduced in tennis at the last US Open and said it was a very beneficial move.
"A single wrong line call can affect the entire game and tournament. I know it's expensive to use the technology, but it's beneficial for the game and I welcome it."
Moya, for whom this is his first visit to Mumbai to play tennis although he had played in the Chennai Open on five previous occasions, said he was looking forward to repeat his fine performance in the southern metropolis in India's commercial capital during the week.

Quote: http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/1...8,00070002.htm
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 06:48 AM   #550
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

thanks Eden
Carlita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 08:00 AM   #551
country flag maqk

maqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond repute

Posted Thursday , September 28, 2006 at 17:46

VISIBLY UPSET: Moya coudn't help saying sorry to his fans in India for letting them down.
Mumbai: Action is underway at the Mumbai Open but there was a huge shock on Tuesday. Former world number one Carlos Moya was knocked out of the tournament by Argentina's Huan Martin Del Potro 6-3, 6-2 in the first round.

CNN-IBN's Roma Khanna caught up with a visibly upset Moya for this exclusive post match interview.

Roma Khanna: Carlos, welcome to CNN-IBN. Tough loss for you today?

Carlos Moya: Yes, it was not a good match for me. Honestly, he played well, but it was one of the worst matches I played. I am really sorry, because I was hitting the ball well and practicing well for so many days. So I have no excuse for that match.

Roma Khanna: Do you feel that rather than Del Porto winning the match, it was more like you losing it?

Carlos Moya: Yes, that’s what I think. I lost the match, I didn’t play well at all, he broke my serve in the first game of every set, so it was hard for me to break back. But still I didn’t feel he did anything special. He is definitely a good player, he’s going to have a brilliant future, but I think I played pretty bad tonight.

Roma Khanna: When we spoke to you yesterday, you said that he is a promising player. Anything in particular about him that you felt you like a lot?

Carlos Moya: Well, he’s a good player, hits the ball very hard, very tall and also very strong. He’s going to have good chances in the future to win big tournaments. So, I think he’ll do very well.

Roma Khanna: What about you? Where do you go from here now? It’s apparently hasn’t been very easy for you here in India. Chennai also took you a while to master, and now it’s Mumbai.

Carlos Moya: Yes, you’re right. In Chennai, the first two years were really rough for me and here (in Mumbai), the first year has not been very good. Well, at least I had the chance to play in Chennai and retire and for a long time I didn’t even get to the court. Here it seems better than Chennai. So, hopefully I’ll come back next year and try to play better than I did today.

Roma Khanna: So will you be definitely back next year, like you said?

Carlos Moya: Well, this is what I always felt. In India, I have always had great memories, and I feel that the people like me here. So, for me it’s a pleasure to be here.

Roma Khanna: Thank you for speaking to us Carlos, and good luck to you.

Carlos Moya: Thank you.

source: click me

PEACE OF MIND, SUBMIT YOUR WILL TO YOUR LORD SINCE THE LORD KNOWS THE BEST, VISIT IRF, MAKE THE DECISION YOURSELF

Last edited by maqk : 09-30-2006 at 04:57 AM.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:01 AM   #552
country flag maqk

hey guys, it was just a bad match, so my be he would give us a surprise in Austria

Old 09-30-2006, 07:42 AM   #553
country flag enqvistfan

Thanks for the article and interview guys

Para siempre Gonzo

Old 10-01-2006, 02:39 AM   #554
country flag lilyfromOz

lilyfromOz has a reputation beyond reputelilyfromOz has a reputation beyond reputelilyfromOz has a reputation beyond reputelilyfromOz has a reputation beyond reputelilyfromOz has a reputation beyond reputelilyfromOz has a reputation beyond reputelilyfromOz has a reputation beyond reputelilyfromOz has a reputation beyond reputelilyfromOz has a reputation beyond reputelilyfromOz has a reputation beyond reputelilyfromOz has a reputation beyond repute

not sure if anyone posted this one.....from India Times...was pre tournament in Mumbai

Moya, calmness personified

AVINASH IYER

TIMES NEWS NETWORK

RSS Feeds| SMS SPO to 8888 for latest updates

MUMBAI: When you see Carlos Moya, the first thing that strikes you is his easy going and unassuming personality. He is always at ease, either playing at the courts or answering tricky questions.

There's an underlying calmness to everything. Probably due to the fact that he's 'been there and done that'.

A former world No.1, Moya is in Mumbai for the Kingfisher Airlines Tennis Open and fielded all questions from the media just like he does all other things - with style and panache. The one thing that was clearly evident at the end of it was how much he loved the game of tennis. So, what has tennis taught him? "It teaches you to respect people. One learns faster than other kids because of the different lifestyle. It's a great sport and a great life playing tennis."

Moya is on the wrong side of 30 and with new players coming up on the horizon, things will become difficult for Moya. "That is bound to happen. Every year new faces will come up. That bound to happen, but I still think I have the energy and compete against these young guys."

His energy to compete against young players will immediately be on show when he faces Argentine Juan Martin Del Potro in the first round.

Moya has recently completed 500 wins in his career and that is something he is proud of. "It's the work of a whole career. Though it will be difficult I still have the energy to go for 600 wins in my career," said the Mallorcan. "When you are 20 you respect the game. Then you never see the end of your career. But at 30, you appreciate the game more."
lilyfromOz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 08:53 PM   #555

We are all fans of Carlos for a reason and this article says it all. It's not just about the tennis, it is about Carlos as a person and the qualities he exhibits.