~Carlos *News*&*Articles* Thread~ - Page 33 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-25-2006, 06:56 AM   #481
country flag maqk

maqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~Carlos *News*&*Articles* Thread~

tks4TheReportRogiFan88

PEACE OF MIND, SUBMIT YOUR WILL TO YOUR LORD SINCE THE LORD KNOWS THE BEST, VISIT IRF, MAKE THE DECISION YOURSELF
JAHANGIR KHAN - longest unbeaten run"SPORTSMAN OF THE MILLENIUM"

SupportIngXristos4ABrilliantCarrear
maqk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2006, 01:14 PM   #482
country flag veyonce

veyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/t...-sports-tennis
Nadal bulled over by unseeded Moya

By Charles Bricker
South Florida Sun-Sentinel
Posted March 25 2006

KEY BISCAYNE -- If this was a bullfight, Rafael Nadal would have been down on his knees at 1-4 in the third set, the audience on the stadium court would have been chanting "Ole" and Carlos Moya would have tossed aside his red cape and moved in for the final thrust.

It wasn't the first stunning, early-round upset in the 23-year history of the Nasdaq-100 Open and its various other names. In 2003, No. 1-seeded Lleyton Hewitt was beaten by Francisco Clavet in his opening match and, the previous year, little Anna Smashnova shocked Justine Henin-Hardenne in the second round.

But this one will be particularly memorable because of the charisma that has grown up around the No. 2-ranked Nadal, the only player to have beaten Roger Federer this season and, for many, the one player who can take Federer to the wall, as he did in the final here a year ago.

On a day in which Justine Henin-Hardenne, the No. 3 seed in the women's tournament, was defeated by Meghann Shaughnessy, Moya played perhaps his best tennis in years and showed that, at 29, he's not quite ready for the far side of the hill.

"You have to play perfect and wish that he is not going to be at his best. I think today these two things happened," said Moya.

He didn't just defeat Nadal. He crushed him 2-6, 6-1, 6-1, swamping him in the final two sets and playing such great defense to go with his usual aggressive offense that Nadal was able to stroke only six ground-stroke winners -- an unheard of number for him in a three-set match.

Moya, unseeded with his ranking down to 35, advanced to the third round on Sunday with No. 5 Nikolay Davydenko, No. 6 Ivan Ljubicic, No. 15 Radek Stepanek and No. 16 Nicolas Kiefer.

There was one other upset. No. 12 Richard Gasquet lost to French countryman Florent Serra.

On the women's side, top-seeded Amelie Mauresmo needed only 44 minutes to beat Samantha Stosur 6-0, 6-0 and move on to the third round with No. 5 Nadia Petrova, No. 7 Patty Schnyder, No. 12 Svetlana Kuznetsova, No. 13 Daniela Hantuchova and No. 15 Elena Likhovtseva.

There were a few other significant wins. Australian Open runner-up Marcos Baghdatis won his second-round match; as did Americans Mardy Fish and Robby Ginepri; Jamea Jackson of Sarasota, who upset Gisela Dulko; and Sunrise Challenger winner Dmitry Tursunov.

Nadal's apologists will be rationalizing this loss by pointing to the left foot he sprained at Indian Wells a week and a half ago, and Nadal acknowledged he was feeling it. But, he added, "I don't want to make excuses."

A moment later, however, he was explaining that, "I didn't feel physically very good when the points got longer."

That could be because he was feeling fatigue in his ankle. It could also be because Moya was slashing forehands like he was 21 again, and because his serve was just about flawless in the final two sets.

"I know he had a problem with the ankle last week. I don't know how bad it was. If I was winning the match, I wasn't asking him how his foot is or his ankle is," Moya said.

Everything was working for Moya. You expected his forehand ground strokes to be strong, and his serve to be effective, but it was the other parts of his game that made the difference.

He played great defense, thwarting Nadal's heavy ground stroking. Usually, the longer the rallies, the less chance you have with Nadal.

"Today, I was feeling comfortable. I wasn't afraid to keep the point going. I just waited for my chance," Moya said.

He broke Nadal in the opening game of the final set with a backhand topspin lob -- the same stroke he used on the final point.

With Nadal serving at love-30 and 1-3 in the last set, Moya hit the shot of the match, a running backhand crosscourt pass. When you hit a shot like that, are you thinking, "I can do anything today?" he was asked.

He grinned. "More or less, yeah. Just try to hit shots you don't normally do. It looks like everything is going in, so that gives you a lot of confidence."

The win will send him against Argentine Agustin Calleri on Sunday.

If there was one American that desperately needed a win, it was Ginepri, who had slumped to 1-6 coming to South Florida after reaching the semifinals of the U.S. Open last September and taking Andre Agassi to five sets before losing.

"It's not really a relief, but it definitely felt good," he said after beating Kenneth Carlsen in straight sets. Beginning the season at No. 15 and with few points to defend, there were many that thought he would be top-10 by now. Instead, he's slipped to No. 21.

"It was in the back of my mind," Ginepri said. He says he has that problem squared away. He'll next play Christophe Rochus for a spot in the fourth round. He may yet reach top 10 before the French Open.

Djokovic after his Madrid 2009 Semi with Rafa: “Next time I’ll probably take two rackets on the match point and try to hit with both of them. It’s frustrating that when you play so well you can’t win.”
veyonce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 03:44 PM   #483
country flag Margy

Margy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond repute

Dis you all see the Best/Worst contest on Peter Bodo's tennis World site that gave Estoril packages as prizes? Well the one winning entry had a great Nadal/Moya item that made me laugh. Here's the excerpt:

4 - Lucy on Rafael Nadal

Best:

1. He beats up on Fed. Someone has to.
2. He bravely brought the concept of tennis/equestrian crossover apparel to the world stage.
3. He's a French Open-winning Spaniard who takes grass seriously, even though it hasn't worked. Yet.
4. That lefty topspin forehand from hell.
5. He attempts to speak English to the press, even though he's still learning. This is even braver than the pirata pants. I studied Spanish and French for four years each, and there's no way I'd give a press conference in anything but English.

Worst:

1. He beats up on Fed. Someone has to, but that doesn't mean I like it.
2. He's friends with Carlos Moya. I want to be friends with Carlos Moya. Actually, I want to be "friends" with Carlos Moya.
3. He seems to be an unaccountably divisive character (those internet flame wars again). I don't understand this. I don't think it's his fault. But the flaming is irritating.
4. People who are world-beatingly successful at 18 make people who are neither world-beatingly successful nor 18 feel inadequate.
5 The pants. Come on, man. Different isn't the same thing as stylish.

Last edited by Margy : 05-02-2006 at 04:08 PM.
Margy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:35 PM   #484
country flag Sarah

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone!

I'm passing by for a moment here with a special request...

Next Wednesday I have my Spanish exam at uni and I need a rather large text in Spanish and I chose to do one about Carlos... (1,5-2 pages a4 format) but now off course I still have to find a text

anyone who could help me please? I've been looking around here a bit, but most articles are too short or interviews...

thanks!

(`*•.¸(`*•.¸ ¸.•*´)¸.•*´)
`*•.¸«´`•.*KiM*.•´`»´`•.*
(¸.•*´(¸.•*´ `*•.¸)`*•.¸)
Sarah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 06:53 AM   #485
claudine140

claudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond repute

tehre are a lot of interviews available here in the club, at moyafanclub and go for a look in the unofficial fansites from moya
you'll find a lot of big articles!!! just go to google, write carlos moya and you'll see
good luck with the exam

VAMOS MOYKE !!!!!
UNA SALUTA

Claudine :bounce
claudine140 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 08:34 AM   #486
country flag Sarah

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

thanks!

(`*•.¸(`*•.¸ ¸.•*´)¸.•*´)
`*•.¸«´`•.*KiM*.•´`»´`•.*
(¸.•*´(¸.•*´ `*•.¸)`*•.¸)
Sarah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 04:33 PM   #487
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

this makes me sad

Moyá echa a su entrenador en pleno torneo Roberto Gracia jueves, 20 julio 2006 PALMA.- Calos Moyá ha prescindido de su actual entrenador, Joan Bosch, mientras disputa el torneo de Amersfoort, en Holanda. Según el entorno del ex número uno del mundo, con esta medida busca “impulsar su carrera” de nuevo. El nombre que más suena para sustituir a Bosch es el ex tenista Albeto Tous, que fue quien ayudó a Moyá a llegar al número uno del mundo.

El tenista mallorquín ha pasado de ser el número uno del mundo a no caer en las primeras rondas de los torneos y con esta medida quiere “impulsar su carrera” de nuevo al lado de otro mentor, que podría ser Alberto Tous.

El ganador de Roland Garros, Carlos Moyá, ha roto su relación laboral con su entrenador, Joan Bosch, con el objetivo de "impulsar su carrera deportiva", según han confirmado personas cercanas al entorno del ex jugador número uno del mundo.

Bosch, que ha entrenado a Moyá en los últimos cuatro años, ha reconocido que la ruptura se produjo hace unos días, aunque ha insistido en que siguen siendo grandes amigos. Esta medida es sorprende, puesto que se ha tomado en pleno desarrollo del torneo de Amersfoort, en Holanda.

El ex tenista Alberto Tous, director de los principales torneos que se celebran en Mallorca y que ayudó a Moyá a situarse en la elite del tenis mundial, es por ahora, el mejor situado para convertirse en nuevo entrenador del deportista palmesano.

Moyá, profesional desde 1995 y que ha ganado 19 grandes títulos en su carrera, entre ellos, Roland Garros, dará a conocer en los próximos días si recurre o no a Tous para alcanzar su objetivo de permanecer los dos próximos años entre los quince mejores tenistas del mundo.

http://mallorcadiario.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17317&It emid=33

Last edited by Carlita : 07-20-2006 at 04:37 PM.
Carlita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 04:46 PM   #488
country flag rosiemoyagirl

rosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry my spanish is very poor can anyone give a quick translation? I would appreciate it.
rosiemoyagirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 05:05 PM   #489
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

It tells about Carlos splitting with his coach Joan Bosch . He's looking for new impulses into his carreer. Looks like Alberto Tous is the new coach. Maybe he's right, a change could do him good But I still feel because Joan is a lovely man.

(a bit weird he fired him in the middle of a tournament though)

Last edited by Carlita : 07-20-2006 at 05:38 PM.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:22 PM   #490
country flag Julio
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Julio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond repute

Que raro no ? No creo que sea una buena idea hechar asin a su coach durante un torneo. Ya veremos si mañana no paga el precio en su partido contra Massu.
Julio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 07:08 PM   #491
country flag enqvistfan

enqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Carlita*~
It tells about Carlos splitting with his coach Joan Bosch . He's looking for new impulses into his carreer. Looks like Alberto Tous is the new coach. Maybe he's right, a change could do him good But I still feel because Joan is a lovely man.

(a bit weird he fired him in the middle of a tournament though)
Yes it's sad, it was pleasant to watch Joan during the tournaments, but I think it could be a good idea for him. It proves that he's still motivated to continue his carreer, I hope that the new coach will give him new perspectives and new goals. But, do you know if he will keep his other coach ?

Yes, it's strange to slip up in the middle of the tournament. Well, good luck to Carlos and his new coach

Fernando Gonzalez & Carlos Moya

Para siempre Gonzo

Still supporting you, vamos
enqvistfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 07:37 PM   #492
country flag rosiemoyagirl

rosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond reputerosiemoyagirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Carlita, I had to get my trusty Spanish Dictionary out and figured that was the jist of the article. I agree with Engvistfan. I think the change will be good for Carlos and I thought he should have done it a long time ago. Look what happened to Agassi when he regrouped and changed his staff. Carlos' current weaknesses are his first service percentages and as everyone knows his backhand. Look at the beautiful photo last taken at Amersfort. Look at his backhand position and then refer to Tennis Magazin this month. Look at the breakdown description of Agassi's backhand, one of the best 2 handed in the business. Athough there is more than one way to hit a 2 handed backhand just look at the difference in position. It worked for Agassi, perhaps Carlos should make a few adjustments. Agassi was and is still great but Carlos is the best! He is smart to regroup and change the course that obviously hasn't been working for him as of late. Ultimately the best news is that there is still hope for those of us who thought that Carlos was soon to retire! I think that none of us are ready for that yet and still want to see Carlos play some great tennis. Also, knowing what we do about Carlos as a person, I'm sure this was a difficult decision for him and I would bet he consulted with close friends and family for support and direction. Carlos still has a lot of competitive tennis in him and how fortunate we are to be able to follow him, support him and cheer for him.
rosiemoyagirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 07:45 PM   #493
country flag enqvistfan

enqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice post Rosiemoyagirl

Fernando Gonzalez & Carlos Moya

Para siempre Gonzo

Still supporting you, vamos
enqvistfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:12 PM   #494
country flag maqk

maqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond repute

new coach, gr8, this can bring new life in Moya

thats a good news guys cause thats a sure sign how serious Carlos is about his carear, he is not having only FUN there, he wants BUSINESS, TENNIS BUSINESS, GO ON MOYA GO GO GO

PEACE OF MIND, SUBMIT YOUR WILL TO YOUR LORD SINCE THE LORD KNOWS THE BEST, VISIT IRF, MAKE THE DECISION YOURSELF
JAHANGIR KHAN - longest unbeaten run"SPORTSMAN OF THE MILLENIUM"

SupportIngXristos4ABrilliantCarrear
maqk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:22 PM   #495
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

I agree that a change could be good for Carlos, but I'll miss Joan