~Carlos *News*&*Articles* Thread~ - Page 32 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-09-2006, 08:23 PM   #466
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~Carlos *News*&*Articles* Thread~

Quote:
Originally Posted by enqvistfan
Muchas gracias Carlita
de Nando

Val, do you have affiliates on your websites? Or do you have buttons of your websites so I can make you one on Verdasco Online? (if you want of course )
Carlita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2006, 09:15 PM   #467
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

LC, de Nando! How cute! I just checked your link to msn and noticed you have Rogi's swimming pool! Thanks! I'll check out your msn thingy when I have more tiempo! Gracias!

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 09:22 PM   #468
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogiFan88
LC, de Nando! How cute! I just checked your link to msn and noticed you have Rogi's swimming pool! Thanks! I'll check out your msn thingy when I have more tiempo! Gracias!
well yeah! hahahaha Rogi's my number 4 fav so he deserved his own place in the Villa so has Tommy Robredo my number 5
Old 02-09-2006, 09:31 PM   #469
country flag enqvistfan

enqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Carlita
de Nando

Val, do you have affiliates on your websites? Or do you have buttons of your websites so I can make you one on Verdasco Online? (if you want of course )
Yes, of course, with pleasure. I have to make one. I'll send it to you this week-end I'll have more time during the Dc tie Germany/France on tv !!

Fernando Gonzalez & Carlos Moya

Para siempre Gonzo

Still supporting you, vamos
enqvistfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 09:38 PM   #470
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by enqvistfan
Yes, of course, with pleasure. I have to make one. I'll send it to you this week-end I'll have more time during the Dc tie Germany/France on tv !!
Old 02-16-2006, 08:53 PM   #471
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

there's an article about Carlos & Flavia in ¡Hola! number 3211

I will post here or in the villa when I have time to type it
Old 02-24-2006, 11:56 PM   #472
country flag Ales_Alessandra

Ales_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond repute

Let's vote for Carlos as the hottest athlete!!! He is indeed!! lolololol......

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page...ures/hottestMen

MOYA!
Спасибо SAFIN!

GUGA, OBRIGADA!

Rafa-Nole-Ernie-Ferru-Feli-Juanqui-Murray-Bellucci-Nalby-Feña-Youznhy-Andreev
Ales_Alessandra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 05:59 AM   #473
country flag maqk

maqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond repute

hey Ales, the link is not working for me, ????

PEACE OF MIND, SUBMIT YOUR WILL TO YOUR LORD SINCE THE LORD KNOWS THE BEST, VISIT IRF, MAKE THE DECISION YOURSELF
JAHANGIR KHAN - longest unbeaten run"SPORTSMAN OF THE MILLENIUM"

SupportIngXristos4ABrilliantCarrear
maqk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 05:03 AM   #474
country flag maqk

maqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Moya’s musical confessions

Moya’s musical confessions
Karishma Upadhyay
Sunday, March 05, 2006 20:18 IST

In between his matches at the Acaulco ATP event, the tennis star serves up something more personal

There is a lot more to Carlos Moya than just being a tennis player. But before we get into what this 29-year-old Spaniard has been involved with off-court, his tennis records have also been quite impressive. This current world No 14 has won 19 singles titles, earning him a substantial amount of moohla. That explains why he doesn’t crib too much about living out of a suitcase. “I travel 25 weeks of the year, it’s very tough to always be on the move. I miss home at times.”

Considering he tours so much, how does he de-stress while on the road? “I enjoy playing computer games and also my mobile phone, particularly the soccer and tennis games,” he says.

So, what are the other must-haves in his suitcase, apart from the racquet, of course? “I never travel without my laptop so that I can get on the Internet and stay connected with family and friends. The other things that I absolutely never miss are my MP3 player because I love listening to music and also my PlayStation.” Of course.

Talking of music, Carlos not only sings but also plays the guitar. The tennis star recently performed with the Spanish group Café Quijano, who are buddies of his.

“Singing is just a hobby. Café Quijano are my good friends and I did it once because they asked me to do it, but I don’t see myself on the stage,” he says reluctantly. Carlos picked up the guitar in the late 90s when he was injured for about six months. “After coming back on the tour, I have had no time to practice, so I would say that my guitar playing skills are very basic.” So has he ever serenaded a woman? He laughs, “not that I remember…”

If you think that Carlos’ brush with entertainment ends with music, you couldn’t be more wrong. He has also acted in ‘Torrente II’ a Spanish movie. Yes! He is a tennis star, musician and actor all rolled into one. “That came up because the director of the movie was a friend of mine. I did enjoy the experience.”

Though his role was tennis related, he played a coach. “It allowed me to play the game from the other side and that was quite interesting. But again, I don’t see myself on stage acting!” Point taken.

http://dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1016401&CatID=7
__________________________________________________ _______________

PEACE OF MIND, SUBMIT YOUR WILL TO YOUR LORD SINCE THE LORD KNOWS THE BEST, VISIT IRF, MAKE THE DECISION YOURSELF

Old 03-07-2006, 11:26 AM   #475

Ales_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond repute

Tks Maqk for the article! I'm sorry about the link, maybe I didn't do it right! You can try GM there is a link there or just espn straight away!!!

Good Lucky for Carlos in IW!!!

MOYA!
Спасибо SAFIN!

GUGA, OBRIGADA!

Old 03-23-2006, 05:48 AM   #476
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

. MOYA/V. Hanescu
5‑7, 7‑5, 6‑4 An interview with:

CARLOS MOYA

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. You came through as a winner, but the new system of HawkEye was in operation today. There were a couple challenges from you.

CARLOS MOYA: Yeah, I won one and I lost the other one. But I think is great for the crowd, is great for us. You know, I think it's a great thing that we have the HawkEye now. So hopefully it's gonna keep working for all the hard court tournament. I think is really great for the players.

Q. It was a tough match. You had to fight in this one against Hanescu?

CARLOS MOYA: Yeah, you're right. It was very tough, indeed. I was very close to losing.

But I kept fighting, and I didn't start very well. He is a player that doesn't give you any rhythm. He serves very well, so it took a lot for me to get into the match. But once I broke him, I started to play much better. And, you know, I think from baseline I played really well, so I'm happy for the win.

FastScripts by ASAP Sports...
Old 03-24-2006, 09:33 PM   #477
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

C. MOYA/R. Nadal
2‑6, 6‑1, 6‑1 An interview with:

CARLOS MOYA

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. How much did your win have to do with the way you played and the way he played?

CARLOS MOYA: Well, I think I played a very good match and the fact that we know each other very well is better for the one who has a lower ranking. In this case, it's me.

No, I tried to play my game. First match, you know, I didn't take many risks and I lost 6‑2. Then I decided to go for the point and to hit the ball hard. I guess he didn't play a great match, and I played great. So when this thing happens, you know, anything can happen.

Q. Carlos, Rafa was in earlier and said that he didn't want this to be an excuse, he wasn't trying to make an excuse, but his ankle was not perfect and he was a little afraid to run for some balls. Did you get that sense from him out there?

CARLOS MOYA: Well, not really. When you are playing, you just try to focus on your serve. I just, as I said, tried to play my game. Obviously, you never see Rafa losing 6‑1, 5‑1 or 6‑1, 6‑1, so probably something happened to him.

But, no, as I said, I just tried to play my game. You know, I know he had a problem with the ankle last week. I don't know how bad it was. You know, knowing that we were going to play each other, if I was winning the first match, I wasn't asking him how his foot is or how his ankle is. You know, I just tried to play and, you know, I think I played a good match.

Q. What do you have to do when you play Rafa? What is important to do?

CARLOS MOYA: Well, you have to play perfect. You have to wish that he is not gonna be at his best. I think today these two things happened (smiling).

Q. Do you try to avoid his forehand as much as possible?

CARLOS MOYA: Well, my weak stroke is my backhand, so if I play to his forehand, most of the times he's gonna come to my backhand. That's what I try to do today.

But I try to do this the last time we played and he beat me. So, you know, every match is different. Tactics not always work the same way.

But, you know, I just try to play well and I think I did.

Q. Do you feel a lot of pressure playing against somebody that you're close to, someone you're friends with?

CARLOS MOYA: Well, I think, obviously he has more pressure today. He is No. 2 in the world, I am 35. Look at the rankings ‑‑ he is going up, I am going down. We are from the same place. The situation is similar, the first time we played each other, he was 15 years old, I was No. 5 in the world, he was 100‑something. He was gonna have the pressure, I had the pressure. Today he had the pressure. I tried to take advantage of that. I knew that, I got to the court very relaxed. Although I start very bad, then I was able to play much better.

But for sure the pressure was on him today.

Q. On breakpoint in the first game of the final set, you hit a backhand lob. Was it intended, or did you miss it?

CARLOS MOYA: (Laughing). I wanted to do that. It was a great shot, but I wanted to do that. I meant to do that. It doesn't mean that every time I do that I hit such a good shot, but I wanted to do that.

Q. So there maybe was a little bit of frame on the ball when you hit it?

CARLOS MOYA: Not at all. No.

Q. You hit it perfectly the way you wanted to?

CARLOS MOYA: Yeah, too good. Much better than I thought it was gonna be.

But I meant to do that shot (smiling).

Q. How do you feel about the challenges?

CARLOS MOYA: I think it's great for the game. You know, I don't think it slows down the game. Just take five seconds to check what the ball is, and I think it's great. It helps a player to play much more relaxed. You know, I think it's great.

Q. Were you surprised that you were wrong on that challenge you made?

CARLOS MOYA: No, no. I mean, was a ‑‑ I mean, you have the chance to see how it is and, you know, it was on the other side. It was not clear that it was gonna be in, and I just tried.

Q. When anyone plays Rafa, the longer the rally goes, the more chance he has of winning the point. Today, your patience seemed to be there, you seemed to be waiting for just the right shot to play aggressively. Do you think that was the case today, more so than when you last played?

CARLOS MOYA: Yeah, maybe. But normally I like the points to be short and try to dictate with my forehand.

No, I was not patient because from my backhand side, I was okay, I was fine. I was feeling that I could put the ball in, down the line, crosscourt, and then hit winner with my forehand.

So I was waiting for that chance with my forehand and go for the point. But I don't know, today I was feeling comfortable. I wasn't afraid to keep the point going. I just wait for my chance.

Q. And there was the running backhand crosscourt passing shot in the third set.

CARLOS MOYA: That was a good one. I didn't hit with the frame. I meant that shot again (smiling).

So it's not that always is working that shot, but is one of these days that you feel comfortable with the backhand and with the forehand and whatever you do looks like is working well, so, you know, I was expecting this day and it happened today.

Q. When you hit a shot like that that you normally don't hit, are you thinking, "I can do anything today"?

CARLOS MOYA: More or less, yeah. I mean, you just try to hit shots that you don't normally do. It looks like everything is going in. So, you know, that gives you a lot of confidence.

Q. How close are you to your best? Can you get back into the Top 10?

CARLOS MOYA: Well, you never know. I wish I could play every day like this. But even when I was top 10, so many times I wasn't playing that well. I was having lot of ups and downs.

So, I think, this year I been playing very well, and I was unlucky that I had to play Safin last week first round. But, still, I played well.

Here, you know, I nearly went home the first day against Hanescu. So, you know, these things happens. I won that match. I play very well. Maybe I might lose next round, you never know.

But I'm happy the way I'm playing so far this year. I am 21 in the race, and still the clay court season to come. I am fit, I am in good shape. Mentally, I am fine. So you never know what could happen.

FastScripts by ASAP Sports...

Live ScoresCourtCastDrawsScheduleResults
Old 03-24-2006, 09:43 PM   #478

Tks Soujke!!! Great report!

MOYA!
Спасибо SAFIN!

GUGA, OBRIGADA!

Old 03-24-2006, 10:06 PM   #479
country flag maqk

tksLadyVeryMuch

Old 03-25-2006, 01:59 AM   #480
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Moya reveals how to beat Nadal after Henman late show
By Paul Newman in Miami
Published: 25 March 2006

Rafael Nadal has a style that many of the best players have yet to fathom, but if anyone knows his game it is Carlos Moya. The French Open champion regards Moya, a fellow Majorcan, as his mentor and closest friend on tour, but the 29-year-old showed no mercy when they met in the second round of the Nasdaq-100 Open here last night.

Moya beat the No 2 seed 2-6, 6-1, 6-1 in a manner that would surely have surprised even the likes of Roger Federer, who has lost three of his four matches against Nadal, including last month's final of the Dubai Duty Free Open. Indeed, the world No 1's only victory over the Spaniard came in a pulsating five-set final here last year.

Having lost the first set all too quickly, Moya soon had his 19-year-old friend scampering around every corner of the court. His bludgeoning forehand was a particularly potent weapon, but there was also plenty of finesse, typified by the lobs which finished the second and third sets. Nadal looked particularly vulnerable on his backhand and said later that he was still troubled by the ankle injury which had kept him out of the game for three months.

It was not the best of days for some of the tournament's biggest names. Justine Henin-Hardenne, the other French Open champion, became the first major loser in the women's competition when she was beaten 7-5, 6-4 by Meghann Shaugnessy, of the United States, while Andre Agassi, six times a champion here, announced his withdrawal from the tournament, saying he was " way less than 100 per cent" because of a back injury.

Agassi admitted that it was "definitely possible" that he might never play again, but still hopes to compete at Wimbledon. He is missing the entire clay court season to improve his chances of doing so.

The American's announcement came just a few hours after the longest day in Tim Henman's career ended in the sweetest of victories. It was at 1.35 yesterday morning, in front of a surprisingly large crowd of several hundred spectators, that Marat Safin served a double-fault to give the Briton a hugely encouraging 6-3, 6-3 victory.

Henman arrived at Crandon Park at 9.15 on Thursday morning, practised at 10, went to the gym at 11 and returned to his hotel at midday to prepare for his evening match. More than an inch of rain * half Miami's average for the month * halted play for several hours in the afternoon, but the weather relented and the penultimate match, between Sania Mirza and Anna Tatishvili, started just before 9.30pm. However, it developed into a two hour, 40-minute marathon.

Having been told at 10.30 that they would not have to play if it meant starting after 11.30, Henman and Safin declined a later offer to hold their match over. When they finally started 20 minutes after midnight, the Briton was immediately into his stride. He served with great accuracy and returned even more impressively, seeing the ball so clearly that he regularly chipped and charged to break the hard-hitting Russian four times.

Although Henman's ranking has been on the slide (at No 56 he is now British No 3 and needs to match his quarter-final performance here last year to avoid slipping further), he feels he has been playing well and was not surprised by this performance. "I had a good game plan," Henman said. "I kept putting the pressure on, irrespective of his passing ability."

The tactics will change in the next round against Lleyton Hewitt as Henman revealed that he might have finally found a way to beat an opponent who has won all eight of their encounters. They played a practice match in Indian Wells earlier this month and Henman, adopting a more patient approach, won 6-3, 6-3. "I feel good about my game and I don't think he's playing as well as he can do," Henman said.

* Elena Baltacha, Anne Keothavong, Katie O'Brien and Claire Curran have been named in the British squad for the Fed Cup matches in Plovdiv, Bulgaria, next month.
http://sport.independent.co.uk/tennis/article353529.ece

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote