~Carlos *News*&*Articles* Thread~ - Page 31 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-03-2006, 08:00 PM   #451
country flag enqvistfan

enqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~Carlos *News*&*Articles* Thread~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ales_Alessandra
GREAT NEWSS!!! SO CARLOS IS COMINGGGG!!!
I'll buy my flight tickets then!!! There wont'be way back!! Hope everything works fine!!
Happy for you Ales, finally, you'll see him, enjoy the moment

Fernando Gonzalez & Carlos Moya

Para siempre Gonzo

Still supporting you, vamos
enqvistfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2006, 12:01 PM   #452
country flag maqk

maqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond reputemaqk has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: ~Carlos *News*&*Articles* Thread~

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMOYA MANIA The popularity of the Spaniard (Carlos Moya) at the SDAT Nungambakkam Tennis Stadium is to
be seen to be believed. Young and old alike take delight in chanting the magical four-letter word
every time he steps on the court. During his earlier visit to Chennai, he was amused by the elephant
ride. These are days when he is overwhelmed with emotions at the end of every match. 'King Carlos'
had the crowd on their feet when he said that he will keep coming here till he is wanted. The few
words deep from his heart was quickly lapped up by the screaming fans. The decibel level of
the chant was at its highest pitch as Moya walked back after the job done. Not fully though,
with two more hurdles to negate for the hat-trick of titles here.
Photos: K Vijay Anand

PEACE OF MIND, SUBMIT YOUR WILL TO YOUR LORD SINCE THE LORD KNOWS THE BEST, VISIT IRF, MAKE THE DECISION YOURSELF
JAHANGIR KHAN - longest unbeaten run"SPORTSMAN OF THE MILLENIUM"

SupportIngXristos4ABrilliantCarrear
maqk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 08:48 PM   #453
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

Okay it's from us open 2005, but still.... lovely....

Moyá supera la 1ª ronda del US
El balear Carlos Moyá, ha superado la primera ronda del US Open 2005-08-31

http://www.eurosport.es/tenis/mc_vid21491.shtml

and

Lento pero seguro
El español Carlos Moyà cree que está en el buen camino para hacer algo grande.

http://www.eurosport.es/tenis/mc_vid20319.shtml
Carlita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 08:45 AM   #454
nando

nando has a reputation beyond reputenando has a reputation beyond reputenando has a reputation beyond reputenando has a reputation beyond reputenando has a reputation beyond reputenando has a reputation beyond reputenando has a reputation beyond reputenando has a reputation beyond reputenando has a reputation beyond reputenando has a reputation beyond reputenando has a reputation beyond repute

Hey everyone! Hey Sjoukje~! Long time no talk. I've been really busy with uni and work! But still following Carlos! haha

Here's an article from the Oz Open about the mixed doubles... it's really cute!

Who Calls the Shots?
by Jordan Chong
Saturday, 21 January, 2006

The personal and professional worlds of Carlos Moya and Flavia Pennetta collided at Melbourne Park on Friday when the pairing took to the court for their opening round mixed doubles clash.

The pair, who have been an item for a couple of years, decided to enter in the event after Moya was eliminated from the men's singles by Andrei Pavel early in the tournament.

While it was an unsuccessful Andre Agassi who tried to coax wife Steffi Graf out of retirement to play the mixed at the French Open several years ago, Pennetta proved more influential on her partner on this occasion.

"I was going to be around a couple of days so it was better to play than just waiting for her matches," 29-year-old Moya said afterwards.

"Maybe she has more influence than (Andre)!"

Unfortunately, despite being on the same wavelength off the court, the challenge of combining together on it proved too much, with the combination losing 6-4 6-4 to the Australia-Japan union of Wayne Arthurs and Ai Sugiyama.

Speaking after the match, Moya said doubles was never his strong suit and while they enjoyed a rare trip on the doubles court, both agreed to leave it as a one-off exercise.

"I'm not used to playing doubles at all and I was a little bit lost, but I think it was a good experience," Moya said.

"It was just to have some fun and we did. That was the important thing. It was just one match to have fun. That was it."

Moya said the relationship worked because both understood the pressures and stresses that go with being a professional tennis player, something a lay person might struggle to come to terms with.

"It's good to have somebody that makes the same work as you do and is working at the same thing.

"It's easy for us to understand each other which I think makes a big difference than if your boyfriend or girlfriend is somebody that doesn't know about your work at all.

"In that sense, it's much better. We understand each other very well."

They reside in Mallorca, Spain - Moya's home country - but given the nature of the tennis tour they spend long periods apart, managing to play in the same city for the Grand Slams and only a handful of other tournaments.

"I think you have to be smart to see what's convenient for your career and you have to forget a little bit about feelings when it comes to your career," Moya said.

"To me it is easy, with her being a tennis player than not being a tennis player. We know about our jobs, we know what it takes if you want to be a top player and I think that's something that regular people (don't understand).

"It's hard when we both play different tournaments but if you're travelling, even if she wasn't a tennis player, we wouldn't be together that much."

A small indication of how the relationship might have benefited 23-year-old Pennetta can be gleaned from her 2005 results.

Last year, the Italian won two titles - at Bogota and Acapulco - en route to achieving a career-best ranking of world No.23 and edging closer to her goal of reaching the Top 10.

In addition, Pennetta made the fourth-round at Wimbledon and was a semi-finalist at Modena and Palermo.

She also captured her first doubles title at Los Angeles with Elena Dementieva, with whom she made the final at the US Open.

She felt she has learned a lot from being with Moya, the 1998 French Open champion.

"We never talk about tennis but I think for me, it's a good influence to stay with him because he is a great champion so it's better for me to stay with him," the softly-spoken Pennetta offered, preferring to leave the answering of most questions to Moya.

"He's a very good boyfriend," she added.

Moya quickly responded: "What else is she going to say!"

Pennetta, the No.20 seed at Australian Open 2006, lost to No.16 seed Nicole Vaidisova in the third-round on Saturday in the first match on Show Court Two.
nando is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 09:28 AM   #455
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

oooooh Thanks for that one Miss you around the Villa as well hope your well hun
Old 01-21-2006, 12:10 PM   #456
country flag enqvistfan

enqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Nando for the article

Para siempre Gonzo

Old 01-24-2006, 07:14 AM   #457
Bee

Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBee has a reputation beyond reputeBee has a reputation beyond reputeBee has a reputation beyond reputeBee has a reputation beyond reputeBee has a reputation beyond reputeBee has a reputation beyond reputeBee has a reputation beyond reputeBee has a reputation beyond reputeBee has a reputation beyond reputeBee has a reputation beyond repute

OK, I see that article 'Who Calls the Shots?' here on P. 31 ... I just mentioned it in my post on the Moya cheering thread ... and, yes, nice story ...
Bee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 06:26 AM   #458
Bee

Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBee has a reputation beyond reputeBee has a reputation beyond reputeBee has a reputation beyond reputeBee has a reputation beyond reputeBee has a reputation beyond reputeBee has a reputation beyond reputeBee has a reputation beyond reputeBee has a reputation beyond reputeBee has a reputation beyond reputeBee has a reputation beyond repute

Over and out from Melbourne. Carlos lost in 1997, Marcos lost in 2006 ... but, like Carlos, I will keep an eye on our beaming bearded boy in the future. Biggest difference, of course, is that Carlos is better to look at
Bee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 06:02 PM   #459
country flag enqvistfan

I've just watched the ATP Magazine show, they showed Carlos a few minutes. In fact, it was about the relationship between the players and the medias, and the different duties of the players. And, we saw Carlos who was making some photo shoots (as always ), and was looking great

Para siempre Gonzo

Old 02-02-2006, 06:39 PM   #460
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

oooh I can imagine!! I hope internet works so I can see it too! We desperately need some sort of tennis tv thingie here!!!
Old 02-07-2006, 01:23 AM   #461
country flag veyonce

veyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond repute

Moya's back in Mallorca and here's a pic of him training with Rafa.

Article in Spanish: http://www.as.com/articulo.html?d_da...chor=dasmasB00

Djokovic after his Madrid 2009 Semi with Rafa: “Next time I’ll probably take two rackets on the match point and try to hit with both of them. It’s frustrating that when you play so well you can’t win.”
veyonce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 07:02 PM   #462
country flag enqvistfan

thanks Veyonce

Para siempre Gonzo

Old 02-08-2006, 06:54 PM   #463
country flag enqvistfan

If someone has the tennis channel, here's a program with Carlos :

http://www.thetennischannel.com/prog...l.aspx?id=1516

Two weeks after leading Spain to victory in Davis Cup final, we catch up with Moya on the beautiful island of Mallorca in the Mediterranean Sea. We quickly learn that Moya has a problem - he's misplaced his Roland Garros trophy somewhere in his parents house. A revealing search through his vast trophy collection turns up his prize, but the real prize for the viewer is just being along for the ride with Moya - from driving in his Porsche, to a practice with fellow Mallorcan Rafeal Nadal, to a tour of his future fitness club, and even a family dinner.

Also, a video (this month : Carlos Moya)
http://www.thetennischannel.com/prog...l.aspx?id=715#
The little problem is that i can't see the video, so if anyone can see it, please let us know
Unfortunately, I don't live in the US

Para siempre Gonzo

Last edited by enqvistfan : 02-08-2006 at 06:58 PM.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:59 PM   #464
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Yes, I can see it. It's a clip from "Centre Court" (I posted pictures of that in Villa Moya) It's from 2004, but very nice to see

http://groups.msn.com/CarlitasVillaM...r.msnw?Page=12

Last edited by Carlita : 02-08-2006 at 10:05 PM.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:06 PM   #465
country flag enqvistfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Carlita
Yes, I can see it. It's a clip from "Centre Court" (I posted pictures of that in Villa Moya) It's from 2004, but very nice to see

http://groups.msn.com/CarlitasVillaM...r.msnw?Page=12
Muchas gracias Carlita

Para siempre Gonzo