*~*2005 Comeback Thread*~* - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-05-2005, 03:03 AM   #16
country flag -ernie-

-ernie- has a reputation beyond repute-ernie- has a reputation beyond repute-ernie- has a reputation beyond repute-ernie- has a reputation beyond repute-ernie- has a reputation beyond repute-ernie- has a reputation beyond repute-ernie- has a reputation beyond repute-ernie- has a reputation beyond repute-ernie- has a reputation beyond repute-ernie- has a reputation beyond repute-ernie- has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *~*2005 Comeback Thread*~*

Go Juan Carlos! If he goes to Indian Wells i will be there!
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2005, 08:58 PM   #17
country flag Liebig

Liebig has a reputation beyond reputeLiebig has a reputation beyond reputeLiebig has a reputation beyond reputeLiebig has a reputation beyond reputeLiebig has a reputation beyond reputeLiebig has a reputation beyond reputeLiebig has a reputation beyond reputeLiebig has a reputation beyond reputeLiebig has a reputation beyond reputeLiebig has a reputation beyond reputeLiebig has a reputation beyond repute

Same for me and Sopot
I'm sure that slowly things will come to right places and he'll return. He has nothing to lose this year
Liebig is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 09:15 PM   #18
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

Look forward to seeing him in Rotterdam!!

Maybe he can go one better this year, and WIN!
Carlita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 09:37 PM   #19
country flag Mount Goddess
Mounts Little Plaything

Mount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond repute

It's not fare you will all get to see him really soon and I have to wait until June
That is half a year away yet. How can I wait that long?
Mount Goddess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 11:18 PM   #20
anuck

anuck will become famous soon enough

Hi, guys! Thought I'd share this interesting article as we all wait in anticipation for the start of juanqui's 2005 tennis season...

Quote:
Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - Following up on his dreamlike 2003 season, 2004 turned out to be a nightmare for the "Mosquito," one Juan Carlos Ferrero.

The free-swinging star enjoyed a breakout campaign last year, piling up 67 match wins, including a coveted French Open title among his four championships. He also achieved world No. 1 status in '03, becoming only the second Spaniard to do so since the world rankings commenced in 1973. But the skinny righthander struggled mightily in a forgettable '04, a year in which he was riddled with injuries and even battled a bout with the chickenpox. The 24-year-old was a disappointing 23-16 this past season and failed to add to his career titles tally, which still stands at 11. He reached a semifinal just three times all year, including a loss to the great Roger Federer at the Aussie Open, and lost in his only final, at the hands of fellow former world No. 1 Lleyton Hewitt in Rotterdam. Ferrero didn't reach another semi after succumbing to lefthanded countryman Fernando Verdasco in Valencia, Spain way back in mid-April. Ferrero suffered bad losses this year against the likes of Aussie Chris "Bob" Guccione (in Sydney) and American Kevin Kim (in Beijing), not to mention one against a seemingly-washed up Alex Corretja in the opening round of the Monte Carlo Masters, where the clay-court wizard that's supposed to be the Mosquito had been the defending champion. He also went 1-2 against smallish Austrian Stefan Koubek, including a stunning second-round setback at the U.S. Open, where he'd reached the final one year earlier. Ferrero was a combined 9-4 at the majors this year, but went a pedestrian 4-3 in Grand Slam action following a nice run in Melbourne. His year came to an anti-climactic finish earlier this month when he was benched in favor of teenager Rafael "The Prodigy" Nadal for the singles portion of the Davis Cup final against the United States in Seville. Sure, the Spaniards captured their second Cup in five years, but the Mosquito was relegated to just doubles duty on the middle day of the tie and came up a big loser, alongside Tommy Robredo, as the mighty Bryan brothers tap danced on the overmatched Spanish tandem in straight sets, including a bagel effort in the opening stanza. Ferrero had taken the place of Nadal, who was pulled out of the "dubs" rubber in order to rest for another potential singles match the following day. In 2000, Ferrero was the Davis Cup hero when the Spaniards beat Australia in Barcelona to claim their long-awaited first-ever chalice, but he was not "in form" earlier this month, mostly because he was battling a blister problem on his hand. Ferrero, a career 3-19 in doubles at the tour level, was, of course, embarrassed in Seville and could use that as motivation for a resurgent 2005. "That issue is long forgotten," Ferrero said on getting pulled from the Cup singles. "I feel fortunate to have won a second Davis Cup when I am only 24 years old." I believe him. Kind of. Ferrero crossed the finish line at No. 31 in the world this year, after placing No. 3 by the end of 2003, which saw him climb to the top of the ATP ladder with the help of his Roland Garros victory and an appearance in the U.S. Open final (lost to Andy Roddick). Ferrero went from the top of the Spanish heap to No. 4 on the depth chart, behind their newest Davis Cup hero Carlos Moya, Robredo and Feliciano Lopez. And the aforementioned Verdasco is not far behind in the rankings, only five spots and 17 points away from the Mosquito. It's hard to say if Ferrero (nicknamed the Mosquito because of his speed and small physique) can become No. 1 again, but I can almost guarantee a return to the top 10 in he can stay healthy in the coming year.

©The Post-Searchlight 2005
anuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:15 AM   #21
country flag Luna

Luna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh
It's not fare you will all get to see him really soon and I have to wait until June
That is half a year away yet. How can I wait that long?
just think of me.If he will attend China Open ,I have to wait 9 monthes.If he not,I will wait until the season-ending TMC in Shanghai.

BTW Does anyone know what's his calendar?what tourmant he will play in?

#23 Ferrero Tard
Luna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 06:53 PM   #22
country flag Iza

Iza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna
just think of me.If he will attend China Open ,I have to wait 9 monthes.If he not,I will wait until the season-ending TMC in Shanghai.

BTW Does anyone know what's his calendar?what tourmant he will play in?
oops, i guess we're rivals here I want him to Buchrest Open which is in the same week with China Open
Originally Posted by El Mundo
Sergio Ramos joined in the fun, proving he can do anything; he shines as a centre back, as a right back and as a striker.
My pink ego box
Iza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 07:05 PM   #23
country flag Mount Goddess
Mounts Little Plaything

Mount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh poor me and Luna and Iza!! Well it is worse for you to as one of you will be very sad
Mount Goddess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 01:34 PM   #24
country flag JuanChuffy007

JuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the article Anuck!

Quote:
It's hard to say if Ferrero (nicknamed the Mosquito because of his speed and small physique) can become No. 1 again, but I can almost guarantee a return to the top 10 in he can stay healthy in the coming year.
Oh I hope so!!!!!
Old 01-07-2005, 05:34 PM   #25
country flag Yashirobai

Yashirobai has a reputation beyond reputeYashirobai has a reputation beyond reputeYashirobai has a reputation beyond reputeYashirobai has a reputation beyond reputeYashirobai has a reputation beyond reputeYashirobai has a reputation beyond reputeYashirobai has a reputation beyond reputeYashirobai has a reputation beyond reputeYashirobai has a reputation beyond reputeYashirobai has a reputation beyond reputeYashirobai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanChuffy007
thanks for the article Anuck!

Oh I hope so!!!!!

Me too!

Favourite players:

Nadal ~ Fish [Fisho] ~ Ferrero [Juancho] ~ Hewitt [Llautó] ~ Nalbandian

Quote:
Q: Are you going to party tonight?

JUAN CARLOS FERRERO: Yes. Victories must be celebrated always.
Yashirobai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 05:54 AM   #26
country flag Luna

Luna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iza
oops, i guess we're rivals here I want him to Buchrest Open which is in the same week with China Open

I have seen a report the day before yesterday.It's said that JC says he will play in China Open this year as well as Safin Srichaphan.But I am not convicing.It's too early to make a decision or media news always be exaggerate.
No matter what tournament he will take part in ,hoping he playes good.

#23 Ferrero Tard

Last edited by Luna : 01-08-2005 at 06:01 AM.
Luna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 10:42 AM   #27
country flag Prizeidiot

Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond reputePrizeidiot has a reputation beyond reputePrizeidiot has a reputation beyond reputePrizeidiot has a reputation beyond reputePrizeidiot has a reputation beyond reputePrizeidiot has a reputation beyond reputePrizeidiot has a reputation beyond reputePrizeidiot has a reputation beyond reputePrizeidiot has a reputation beyond reputePrizeidiot has a reputation beyond reputePrizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute

He was supposed to play Medibank this year.... but no, he's playing in New Zealand. Which I can understand, because he gets a seeding there. But his presence in Sydney will be missed with the incredibly poor men's main draw, especially compared to the women's draw.

Really sucks, because last year, I didn't get centre court tickets for the first round, and he was knocked out. So I haven't seen him play live since the 2003 Sydney final.
Anyhoo, good luck to him, I'm waiting for a return to the top.
Prizeidiot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 01:50 PM   #28
Lynne

Lynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond repute

I'm definitely looking forward to a comeback, hopefully to the top 10 provided that Juanqui stays injury-free and regains his confidence real soon....

*#16 Ferrero Tard*

Vision without action is a daydream.
Action without vision is a nightmare.

Good Luck Juan Carlos Ferrero, Novak Djokovic, David Nalbandian, Richard Gasquet!
Lynne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 04:17 PM   #29
country flag Lalitha

Lalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iza
we have to be patient til he regains his confidence and his best shape
The most difficult thing on earth, to be patient...
Old 01-08-2005, 06:37 PM   #30
country flag Raquel

Raquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck this year JC, you deserve it
C'mon Lleyton!
HoPp FuNkY Flo!
Raquel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote