The Live ATP Rankings Thread - Page 24 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-13-2013, 02:05 PM   #346
country flag DjokoKing
King Of Tennis

DjokoKing has a reputation beyond reputeDjokoKing has a reputation beyond reputeDjokoKing has a reputation beyond reputeDjokoKing has a reputation beyond reputeDjokoKing has a reputation beyond reputeDjokoKing has a reputation beyond reputeDjokoKing has a reputation beyond reputeDjokoKing has a reputation beyond reputeDjokoKing has a reputation beyond reputeDjokoKing has a reputation beyond reputeDjokoKing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Live ATP Rankings Thread

The rankings aren't loading for me. :/

I'm using Safari...
DjokoKing is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2013, 02:14 PM   #347
country flag abollo
Tennis Player

abollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond repute

With Rafa playing Basel his Vina del Mar points will be added to his countable tournaments if he loses before SF, right?
Old 10-13-2013, 02:27 PM   #348
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
It is not decided at all, the ATP official database randomly chooses a tournament to count. When you query a database and two result have the same exact parameters as to the query, both results being equal, the order of the display will be random each time the query is run. In this case, the query is run each Monday (or maybe when a player's tournament selection changes).
I see. Thanks. So it is not only possible, but also reasonably likely that the selected among the two tournaments will change after a week(or more).

Quote:
Originally Posted by abollo View Post
With Rafa playing Basel his Vina del Mar points will be added to his countable tournaments if he loses before SF, right?
Yes.
But not because of him playing Basel. He has already fulfilled the 500 requirement with Barcelona, Acapulco, MC and Beijing. It's just a matter of last years zero-pointer being dropped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjokoKing View Post
The rankings aren't loading for me. :/

I'm using Safari...
You are supposed to open the link in Slasher's sig.
Pratik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:21 PM   #349
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
You are supposed to open the link in Slasher's sig.
He's actually supposed to do what the OP says and access the rankings from these links:

Further on, the Rankings are displayed as follows:
USE LINKS BELOW TO EASILY NAVIGATE TO THE DESIRED RANKINGS TABLE:
LIVE ATP RANKINGS AND RACE [COMPLETE]
LIVE U16 RANKINGS AND RACE
LIVE U18 RANKINGS AND RACE
LIVE U19 RANKINGS AND RACE
LIVE U21 RANKINGS AND RACE
LIVE U24 RANKINGS AND RACE
LIVE O30 RANKINGS AND RACE
LIVE O32 RANKINGS AND RACE
LIVE O35 RANKINGS AND RACE
LIVE RANKINGS AND RACE ENTRY PROJECTIONS
LIVE RANKINGS AND RACE ENTRIES
LIVE RANKINGS EXITS

which also work on the crappiest mobile phones, I checked.
Slasher1985 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:28 PM   #350
country flag TennisSavior

TennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond repute

104 tomorrow for Rafa? You guys are truly dedicated.

"You seriously think Federer fans like myself are just going to stand by and let trolls call Federer's era "weak" and say that his accomplishments don't mean anything? I suppose you are one of those people?"

- Kyle_Johansen
TennisSavior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:30 PM   #351
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

104 tomorrow, yes. Just one week away from being the 7th player to have been #1 more than two full calendar years
vBookie net amount won: 20280 (2014: +13585, 2013: +6795, 2012: -100)
TT singles rank 90, TT doubles rank 100.
Detailed Tennis Tipping and DTT results

Member of Suicide Tennis board
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:58 AM   #352
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
104 tomorrow, yes. Just one week away from being the 7th player to have been #1 more than two full calendar years
8th if you also count Rod Laver for the Open Era.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:39 AM   #353
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
8th if you also count Rod Laver for the Open Era.
Very true
vBookie net amount won: 20280 (2014: +13585, 2013: +6795, 2012: -100)
TT singles rank 90, TT doubles rank 100.
Detailed Tennis Tipping and DTT results

Member of Suicide Tennis board
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:55 AM   #354
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Quote:
Tommy Haas was forgiven for the Monte Carlo withdrawal and his penalty has been lifted this week.

In the meantime though, Gulbis has been given a penalty for the withdrawal from Beijing this week, along with Klizan. The two players will probably appeal this penalty though.
Appeal successful. Their penalty has been lifted.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:25 AM   #355
country flag zjtennis

zjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond repute

Just a question: how many points does Stan Warwinka still needs to defend this season, and what are the possible chances that he could be #7, for the year-end?
Salute to Treat Huey for representing the Philippines in ATP Doubles!
--------------------------------------------------
ATP Tour Calendar Week 35 & 36: US Open - USO Series' last stop -- all aboard to the last Slam of the year!
Federer is the the Ferrer 2014?
US Open Series Stations: ATLANTA -> WASHINGTON D.C. -> TORONTO -> CINCINNATI -> WINSTON-SALEM -> US OPEN
"Shuppatsu shinkou!"
zjtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:27 AM   #356
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

One of the few errors still remained in the Live Race until today. The number of tournaments that are counted for the Race varies across the year depending on how many mandatories have been played so far. The figure was calculated relative to a player being in a mandatory or not, instead of allowing everyone to calculate an extra tournament when a mandatory was being played.

Example: Istomin was wrongly calculated by my system at 910, instead of 935 because he should have been allowed to count a 17th tournament after Shanghai was disputed. Correction has been done and you should see the correct values at the next update.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:54 PM   #357
country flag guichard

guichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjtennis View Post
Just a question: how many points does Stan Warwinka still needs to defend this season, and what are the possible chances that he could be #7, for the year-end?
Just 90 points to defend ( masters 1000 Paris). Very tough battle for year end 7-10(Wawrinka,Federer, Tsonga,Gasquet) and Raonic is not that far behind.It is too close to call

Last edited by guichard : 10-14-2013 at 03:56 PM.
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:36 PM   #358
country flag Chilenaitor

Chilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond repute

really thanks for this mate!
Chilenaitor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:30 AM   #359
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherer View Post
hey Slasher,
the year-end rankings (entry-system) were determined after the DC final the last years. has it changed?
I stand corrected actually. I revised the year end rankings and I noticed that the year end counts the DC final as well since 2009 without exception. The DC final of 2012 counted towards the 2013 Race, but not the 2013 YE Rankings.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/press/ye...-rankings.aspx
Old 10-15-2013, 10:11 AM   #360
country flag Min son

Min son has a reputation beyond reputeMin son has a reputation beyond reputeMin son has a reputation beyond reputeMin son has a reputation beyond reputeMin son has a reputation beyond reputeMin son has a reputation beyond reputeMin son has a reputation beyond reputeMin son has a reputation beyond reputeMin son has a reputation beyond reputeMin son has a reputation beyond reputeMin son has a reputation beyond repute

Can Raonic earn points this week? He won two 250 titles already
Min son is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote