2005 Andy Articles! - Page 127 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-31-2005, 04:03 PM   #1891
country flag Golfnduck

Golfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2005 Andy Articles!

Andy, please win your second slam in 2006, please.

GOOD LUCK TO: ANDY, HAAS, MARDY, BRYANS, JAMES, DJOKOVIC, MOODIE, ROBBY, MOYA, SAFIN, GICQUEL

DAVIS CUP CHAMPS FOR 2007!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO USA!!!!!!!
Golfnduck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2006, 05:02 AM   #1892
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

he simply likes people to like him. Drucker acknowledges that Andy enjoys interaction and banter with the media, but knows he won’t be losing any sleep over an article written about a bad backhand.

Is this why Andy went on TV (example: at Playboy mansion) to ridicule his backhand & say "I can only hit the crap out of the ball"?

If you loved respect & winning everywhere, was it necessary to do SNL (looking ill at ease as John McEnroe compared himself to you) right before a tiny event: Masters Cup. Such great encouragement from Coach "Roddick has the worst return game" Gilbert.
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 10:58 PM   #1893
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Just for the heck of it.

TennisReporters.net 2005 Awards Readers' Poll

Ivanovic, Safin named sexiest players,
Federer, Clijsters top players by TR.net readers' poll

Other winners: Nadal, Vaidisova, Pierce, Agassi, Berdych

By Matthew Cronin, TennisReporters.net

Serbia's Ana Ivanovic and Russia's Marat Safin were named the Sexiest Players of 2005 in TennisReporters.net inaugural readers poll. Roger Federer and Kim Clijsters won top player honors by wide margins.

Complete results are listed below.

"I'm very honored that fans voted for me for this award," said Ivanovic, the 18-year-old who finished 2005 ranked a career-high No. 16. "Although very flattering, I know that all these awards are ultimately based upon my tennis results and therefore I am very pleased to be receiving them. My fans mean a lot to me and I appreciate all of their support."

Ivanovic finished second in Newcomer of the Year Award, edged by Czech teen sensation Nicole Vaidisova, who won three titles in 2005.

The brunette beat out Maria Sharapova and Serena Williams for the Sexiest Female Player Award, garnering 34.7 percent of the vote. Russia's Maria Kirilenko, India's Sania Mirza and Italy's Flavia Pennetta were also nominated.

Safin, the defending Australian Open champion, edged Spain's Rafael Nadal by less than one percent in the Sexiest Male vote, but Nadal did win the Most Improved Player Award over America's Robby Ginepri.

Andy Roddick, James Blake, top-ranked Federer and Carlos Moya were the other Sexiest Male nominees.

Wimbledon and US Open champ Federer of Switzerland and US Open titlist Kim Clijsters of Belgium were overwhelming fan choices as Players of the Year, while US Open finalist Andre Agassi and US and Roland Garros and US Open finalist Mary Pierce of France were the choices for Veterans of the Year. Pierce pulled in a whopping 95.5 percent of the vote.

Pierce – who finished the year ranked No. 5 – was also the choice for Most Improved Female Player.

Czech teen Tomas Berdych edged Scotland's Andy Murray and Frances Gael Monfils for the Male Newcomer Award. The three players were separated by less than nine percent of the vote.

The men's Match of the Year went to Safin's classic five-set upset of Federer in the Australian Open semifinals, while fans tabbed Venus Williams' incredible comeback over Lindsay Davenport in the Wimbledon final as the Women's Match of the Year.

During 2005, the award-winning TennisReporters.net was ranked second among tennis news sites in the United States.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg jtwj9g.jpg (172.6 KB, 0 views)
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote