2005 Andy Articles! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-03-2005, 02:32 PM   #1
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Cool 2005 Andy Articles!

I realized we could start a new thread. And what better topic than the Australian Press finally waking up and joining the party!
============

No favours for Hewitt
Leo Schlink
04jan05

LLEYTON Hewitt's quest for the Australian Open second seeding could already be over, unless Tennis Australia breaks with tradition and promotes him up the tournament order.

Trailing world No. 2 Andy Roddick by 65 points, Hewitt can equal the American's total with victory this week at the Next Generation Hardcourts in Adelaide.
But, according to unconfirmed ATP estimates, Roddick is likely to retain the No. 2 ranking, and second seeding, on a countback.

The complicated 52-week rolling computer entry system credits Roddick with 3655 points to Hewitt's 3590.

The ranking is determined on the results of the four grand slams and the nine Masters Series tournaments -- automatically calculated whether a player competes or not -- and the results from five other events.

If Hewitt wins Adelaide, he will receive 175 rankings points, but he will then lose his Tokyo haul of 110 points (the worst of his best 2004 results), leaving him equal with Roddick.

But the American's superior record in Masters Series events -- he won Miami, was runner-up in Toronto and reached the semi-finals in Cincinnati -- means he will almost certainly retain the No. 2 spot when the new rankings are issued next week.

Roddick accumulated 2815 points in the big 13 tournaments, Hewitt 2705.

Both players won four tournaments and reached a grand slam final.

Australian Open officials generally follow the rankings when formulating seedings.

Hewitt had hoped to overtake Roddick to earn the right to start the January 17-30 Australian Open at the bottom of the draw, raising the prospect of clashing with defending champion Roger Federer in the final.

But ATP officials yesterday warned Hewitt would not pass Roddick even if he triumphed this week.

The ATP rule book suggests Roddick's effort to reach the Wimbledon final -- matched by Hewitt's US Open showing -- allied to his slightly superior Masters Series results would be enough for him to cling to No. 2.

As much as Hewitt hoped to pass Roddick, and earn the second seeding, he will not be expecting much charity from Tennis Australia given the publicity generated from his comments about the pace of the Open's Rebound Ace courts.

Hewitt believes the courts are too slow, claiming TA officials have repeatedly ignored his request to speed up the rubberised surface.

Wimbledon is the only major to routinely recast seedings, to suit the peculiarities of grass.

The US Open weathered a player revolt in 1996 when aspiring world No. 1 Yevgeny Kafelnikov was dropped in the seedings.

All four majors reserve the right to alter the seedings against the rankings but the Australian Open has never done it.

Hewitt is yet to get past the fourth round at Melbourne Park.

He trails Federer 8-7 after losing six matches to the Swiss world No. 1 last season.

Hewitt will have to rely on the luck of the draw next week when he could land at the bottom of Federer's half or at the top of Roddick's.

Hewitt and his coach Roger Rasheed suffered a first-round doubles defeat at Memorial Drive yesterday.

They lost 7-6 (7-3) 6-7 (5-7) 6-2 to Australian Jordan Kerr and American Jim Thomas.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2005, 03:02 PM   #2
country flag Tytta!.
(:

Tytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2005 Andy Articles!

Better late than never
Tytta!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 06:48 PM   #3
country flag Havok
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Havok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond repute

IF Tennis Australia would have bumped Lleyton up to #2, that would have been extremely :retard:. Forget about Lleyton's words about the surface, his track record compared to Roddick's is abysmal and Lleyton has played the AO many more times than Andy has.

Havok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 06:50 PM   #4
country flag Leena
Disqualified For
Racquet Abuse

Leena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond repute

After the debacle at 96 US Open, I don't believe the seedings will be played around with again.
Leena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 07:03 PM   #5
country flag Fumus

Fumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond repute

Well is this an Andy article or a Hewitt one Deb?
That's the gospel.
Fumus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 07:27 PM   #6
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

I think it was relevant to Andy, don't you? His ranking and seeding at AO is very important

Leena, I don't know as much as you - what happened in 96? The only thing about that USO is the Sampras-Corretja match

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 01-03-2005, 07:31 PM   #7
country flag Black Adam

Black Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leena.
After the debacle at 96 US Open, I don't believe the seedings will be played around with again.
What happened at the USO 1996?
Quote:
Pele was the black Rooney
Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
"We must always remember that all human beings begin life as a feces. A Feces is a living being in the eyes of God, who has endowed that feces with all of the rights and God-given blessings of any other human being."
Black Adam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 08:54 PM   #8
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

The only thing I remember at the 96 open was Petey puking his brains out on the court...and he still went on to win. Alex was beside himself.

I gotta get that match on DVD.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 09:08 PM   #9
country flag Deboogle!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream
The only thing I remember at the 96 open was Petey puking his brains out on the court...and he still went on to win. Alex was beside himself.

I gotta get that match on DVD.
LOL EXACTLY, that's all I remember

Old 01-04-2005, 01:38 AM   #10
country flag superpinkone37

superpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I am glad that there is finally an article confirming what you guys have been saying all along. Its sad that Lleyton didnt know about it lol.

superpinkone37 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 01:41 AM   #11
country flag J. Corwin
psychotic banana

J. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond repute

Leena, do tell...I'm waiting for a response too, lol. I was still a tennis virgin back then.

"For seven and a half years I've worked alongside President Reagan. We've had triumphs. Made some mistakes. We've had some sex...uh...setbacks."
George H.W. Bush, 1988

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
George W. Bush, 2000

15.5 - 40.5 ... 2,1,1 demolition job
(fan club spots are still open! )
J. Corwin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 02:41 AM   #12
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder why I like Andy even more.
He's actually AWARE of his own humanity. He knows when to shut his mouth.
Could it be that he's SEVERELY UNDERESTIMATED?????
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 02:42 AM   #13
country flag Deboogle!.

heya, have I told you lately that I love you?

And that's true, Andy usually does know when to shut his mouth. He's fairly tactful and will just say "no comment" - like when the Spanish fans got to him at DC, he just said "I don't wanna talk about it next question" or whatever.

Old 01-04-2005, 03:19 AM   #14
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

Ha! I was thinking,
"He may not be the quickest guy on the court, but he's
still classy + elegant (and sweet) enough to tone down his evil, macho side."

Of course, I still love the wicked guy who can improve at anythng--not just tennis.
He's a natural actor even though he doesn't want to admit it.
At 1st, I didn't want him to do TV shows/commercials, but I saw how scary good he was.
He can beat you at ping-pong, basketball, baseball, etc. heehee
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 05:21 AM   #15
country flag Deboogle!.

AH! PROOF HE'S PRACTICING!

I don't get the headline though, but it's late and maybe I'm slow

Does Andy look a bit trimmer or am I just wishfully thinking
============
I’ve Got a Big Serve, But Four at Once?
By Staff
2005-01-04
Andy’s new coach, Dean Goldfine, isn’t really asking Andy to do that, but ar.com observed Andy working hard at practice and frequently conversing with Dean who conducted a very spirited workout. From the sidelines, the new partnership appears to be gelling very nicely.

Reliable sources informed ar.com that Andy is grinding two-a-days and still finds time for some personal activities. Andy, Dean and his wife, and Doug Spreen (Andy’s trainer) all had floor seats at the Miami Heat game tonight. Very nice!

Go Andy! (and Dean and Doug and Grant)