Nico News and Articles - Page 89 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-12-2008, 07:39 AM   #1321
country flag FFGC

FFGC has a reputation beyond reputeFFGC has a reputation beyond reputeFFGC has a reputation beyond reputeFFGC has a reputation beyond reputeFFGC has a reputation beyond reputeFFGC has a reputation beyond reputeFFGC has a reputation beyond reputeFFGC has a reputation beyond reputeFFGC has a reputation beyond reputeFFGC has a reputation beyond reputeFFGC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nico News and Articles

Feсa y Nico ya conocen su suerte en Indian Wells

Mientras Fernando Gonzбlez (12є) quedу libre en la primera ronda de Indian Wells y esperarб al ganador del duelo entre el croata Mario Ancic (72є) y el francйs Gael Monfils (53є), Nicolбs Massъ (102є) se medirб en la fase inicial ante el peligroso serbio Janko Tipsarevic (41є).

Como era de esperarse la mejor raqueta nacional, Fernando Gonzбlez (12є) se vio favorecido con su condiciуn de dйcimo segundo mejor jugador del mundo y quedу libre en la primera ronda del Masters Series de Indian Wells.

En la segunda ronda del certamen, Mano de Piedra deberб enfrentarse con el ganador del pleito entre el croata Mario Ancic (72є) y el francйs Gael Monfils (53є).

Con respecto a los enfrentamientos de nuestro crйdito local ante ambos jugadores, el Bombardero no registra partidos ante el galo, mientras que frente al balcбnico la serie estб igualada a dos triunfos por lado.

Por su parte, Nicolбs Massъ la tendrб bastante mбs compleja si es que quiere avanzar a la segunda ronda en Indian Wells, ya que enfrentarб en la primera ronda al ascendente serbio Janko Tipsarevic (41є).

La ъnica vez que ambos se enfrentaron fue en Roland Garros 2004 con triunfo para el viсamarino por 3-6, 6-1, 6-4, y 7-6 (3).

De ganar, en el horizonte del Nico aparece nada menos que el espaсol Tommy Robredo (15є), con quien tiene un registro negativo de 1-2.

Marat Safin
FFGC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2008, 08:01 AM   #1322
country flag FFGC

FFGC has a reputation beyond reputeFFGC has a reputation beyond reputeFFGC has a reputation beyond reputeFFGC has a reputation beyond reputeFFGC has a reputation beyond reputeFFGC has a reputation beyond reputeFFGC has a reputation beyond reputeFFGC has a reputation beyond reputeFFGC has a reputation beyond reputeFFGC has a reputation beyond reputeFFGC has a reputation beyond repute

12/03/08
El Mercurio
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NM.JPG (260.9 KB, 6 views)

Marat Safin
Old 03-12-2008, 10:53 AM   #1323
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

I'll feel bad for Nico if he doesn't get into the Olympics, but I won't really be unhappy. (BTW - Andy decided not to go to the Olympics because he wants to concentrate on the US Open. I think it's a good decision - although odd for him becuase like Nico he likes to play for his country. But that's the same reason that I don't care if Nico plays the Olympics. Too much playing for his country and not enough worrying about his own career).

And of course his income has gone down.

Last edited by NicoFan : 03-12-2008 at 11:01 AM.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 02:17 PM   #1324
country flag kidnicky
Could it be any harder...

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

the press is soooo amusing ... thanks for all the articles but I'm not opening any of them to try to read them, I just read the headlines and that's all

and I saw also about Andy not playing the olympics, kind of odd but good decision, if the chilean we talk about all the time would do something like that, he'd be burn alive in Chile

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini
The second thing that gets better with age

kidnicky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 09:10 AM   #1325
country flag FFGC

13/03/08
El Mercurio
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NM.JPG (320.7 KB, 8 views)

Marat Safin
Old 03-13-2008, 12:30 PM   #1326
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the translation of the article FFGC posted.

I'll be criticized for criticizing him, but he has to realize that the press is going to ask about his fall from #9 in the world to #102. It's news. He might not like it; we might not like it, but it's their job. And it's not the press' job to be cheerleaders for these guys. It's not like they are bashing him...like Jon Wertheim did to Andy. Though it would be nice if they got facts right now and again.

From El Mercurio (translation):

"I have the right to suffer a fall"

The Olympic champion confesses tired that be spoken so much of its routs or of its fall in the ranking. "In the Latin-American tour they asked me every day regarding my continued first round losses. This week the news is that I left the top one hundred first and the next week, it will be something else. ..”, he complains.

Nicolas Massú is "calm" and even "happy", but he doesn't deny that he is unhappy that he is spoken about so much in his bad moment.

"I'm not angry with anybody particular, but what bothers me is the fact that they always ask me the same thing. In the press conferences of all the tournaments in South America or in Australia, it is always the same questions. In Vina I was speaking with the press at three in the morning, and I feel that everything that I said and the explanations that I give are no use at all, because later they ask me same questions again. In Mexico the journalists read me some questions and noted that the guestions had been sent from Chile. Then, at times I think, why speak... Chile is a super successful country, but they have been the most critical with me in recent years. At times they see me in the court with some attitudes, that I am nervous, anxious, but it is because I want to do well. After ten years, I have the right to suffer a fall. I don't deny that I have fallen, but I feel that I have the right to suffer a fall", confesses the viñamarino, who is scheduled to debut tomorrow in the Masters Series of Indian Wells.

-But it is logical that be spoken a lot if things don't go well, because you are one of the few important Chilean sportsmen. And if it has left the top ten, it is news, because this hasn't happened since five years ago...

"No, I'm not bothered, but it's the attention and that is spoken about so much and that new aspects always be sought after about me. Before the Cup Davis against Israel, they asked me every day regarding why I had lost in several first rounds. Now, in the Latin-American tour, passed the same thing. This week the news is that I left the top one hundred and the next week, it will be another thing... Now, I always said that I had to take advantage of the good moments of my career, because not always would things go as well. Clearly that I do not like to be 102º of the world, it isn't somewhat rich, it isn't somewhat pretty, but I have always played to be a winner. And that is why I haven't gone to small tournaments, where I would be able to have won some matches and, maybe, now I would be 80º. But I didn't do it because I need to win matches in large tournaments. Now I am going to change a little: I will play some challengers, but it is because the more tournaments and matches that I play, the better I will feel. [Hmmm...he can't get into the bigger tournaments now.] It always has been so".

-It has complicated enough the panorama in terms of ensuring your entry to the tournaments.

"Yes, clear. I am 102º and I need to enter to Roland Garros and Wimbledon, and I am not sure in these moments. Therefore I entered the challenger of Naples, because I need to assure the entrance to those Grand Slams, besides preparing myself for the Davis Cup against Canada playing on clay. But there are things that don't help. For example, finally I took a match on the clay in Acapulco, but to the other week already I had to go to Las Vegas, to play in altitude, on hard court and, for worse, drew in the first round a type of player with a tremendous serve (Ernests Gulbis). In hardcourt, I can play even better than on clay, but only when I'm at my better level. When I'm not doing as well, it agrees with me more to pay clay, because there I'm able to regulate more and play depends more on myself. On hardcourt, on the other hand, the type of player touches you that serves well and there is not a lot that can be done".

-¿Are you motivated to be 65º in the rankings?

"What I would like is to be 45º after Wimbledon , for then I can enter directly in the Masters Series in the second part of the season. This year I would like to go to the tournaments that I want to play, but for that I have to improve in the ranking. Therefore, after the Davis Cup (in April), I'm going to go to Houston and to the Bermuda challenger, these are two tournaments that can help me a lot. If all goes well there, the year can change me".

-Also it must have bothered you that was spoken a lot that Paul Capdeville could be the number two of Chile...

"I am used to that every week when they ask me different things, and I think that I answered them as I feel. They are subtopics and I can say that I don't like to be the number 2, I'd like to be the number 1. And not only in Chile. For example, in Miami, I'm going to go thinking about winning the tournament, because always I try to be the best of all. I consider 101 up the players in the ranking, and I want to be above everyone and not of some particular country".

-¿How much has it helped to have played better in the two last weeks?

"It was very good to win him against (Carlos) Moya in the way that I beat him. After the match, I remained a lot of while thinking about why I had not reached that level of tennis before that time. I'm training well, in great level. I continue to be motivated and I only lack to win more, that is it more important, but already I have to be given. I do not see why I cannot do it again. Today I have a lot more clear than before how hit the backhand, I know how to use the slice. Perhaps my forehand does a little less damage than before, but I feel that I can be an a lot better tennis player now".

Last edited by NicoFan : 03-13-2008 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:08 PM   #1327
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the translation Nicofan (much better than the one I use )

Well, I do feel bad for Nico the way that's all they talk about-I'm sure it just feeds on itself. The more he's asked about it the more its in his head and messing with him. But it is the press and that is what they do so I wish he would just develope a immunity to it so to speak. I guess he needs to toughen up because the press is not going to change.

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 03:05 PM   #1328
country flag kidnicky

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

my fav part was that he said that in Mexico people was asking him question that were on a piece of paper and that it was noticeable that the questions came from Chile

and yes I agree, it's not the press job to be cheerleaders of the guys and it's news if he goes down to the 102 place in the ranking, what I hate is that you can find like a hundred of articles talking about the same thing and writting about that like if it'd be the end of the world and it's always like that everytime that something "bad" happens to him, and it's not the same case when he does something well, how many good articles did you find after that win against Moya?? no more than 3 articles and the rest it was like a summary of the match and nothing new. If Chile loses against Russia, it's Nicolas fault, if Chile loses against Israel, it's Nicolas fault for not being playing well. If Chile loses against Russia and Nico couldn't play for being injured, it's Nicolas fault since he "faked" the injury. The tie against Canada is kind of worrying since Nicolas is not in a good level to play and it'll be better if Paul plays. if Chile loses against Canada and Nicolas doesn't play, it'll be Nicolas fault for not being ready to play instead of Paul. Who remembers that Chile lost against Russia in Chile because Nico and Fernando lost against Andreev?!?! NOBODY!! only Nicolas was the one who lost against Andreev. Who remember that Chile lost against Israel because Nico and Fernando lost against Sela?!? nobody! only Nicolas was the guilty one for losing against Sela and the list is so long that I don't have my entire day to be posting about it. At the end, like I've been saying, no matter how well he does, the juicy news will be always what he does wrong and what can be affected by his "bad moment"

so again the press can kiss my ass and sorry for the rant

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 03-13-2008, 03:18 PM   #1329
country flag NicoFan

Perfect rant Kid!!!

Yeah, they are mean to him at times. And give Fernando a pass all the time.

You are right, and I was wrong. But Sparko is right too - they aren't going to change so he needs to ignore it. Just answer the same questions and move on. And in a way I was a little right - he can't expect that they'll just pass on his going out of the Top 100 - that is news.

This entire situation is sad. I feel bad for him and that he has to deal with all of this. Hopefully he'll start winning again soon and everyone can move on to more positive things.

Last edited by NicoFan : 03-13-2008 at 03:31 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:48 PM   #1330
country flag kidnicky

yeah I was thinking the same, that Sparko is right too and you're not wrong, you also had a good point and I just explained why is that I stop reading the chilean press since the end of the last year and according to what Sparko said, that's what Nico should do, to stop reading and searching on the net just to see what the press thinks about him, no matter how much you can say you're not affected by the situation, it has to hit you in one way or another. I have heard that the great athletes do that all the time, they don't read the press otherwise the pressure would be even worse for them and if Nico wants to move up again in the ranking and in his game, he should try to avoid all those stupids comments, I saw a line on a movie about a figure ice skater, the coach always said to the girl "get in to the bubble" and that's what I think Nico should do

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 03-14-2008, 01:06 AM   #1331
country flag kidnicky

At the end it was never in doubt huh Hans? you clown

Hans Gildemeister: "No existen dudas, Massú será el segundo singlista"
Jueves 13 de Marzo de 2008
12:36
Pablo Pérez Quinteros, El Mercurio Online

SANTIAGO.- El capitán chileno de Copa Davis, Hans Gildemeister, despejó todas las dudas y le dio todo su apoyo a Nicolás Massú para que sea el segundo singlista en el duelo ante Canadá, por la Zona Americana de Copa Davis. "No existen dudas respecto a quién es el segundo singlista", aseguró.

"Tengo la película muy clara, Nicolás tuvo una muy buena actuación en Acapulco, le ganó a dos jugadores de buen nivel y las dos veces que perdió en cancha de tierra fue con Nicolás Almagro, quien fue campeón en Costa do Sauípe y Acapulco. En ese campeonato Massú disputó un gran partido contra el español", comentó.

Gildemeister visitó esta mañana el Court Central del estadio Nacional junto al Subsecretario de Deportes, Jaime Pizarro y el presidente de la Federación de Tenis, José Hinzpeter.

El ex tenista número uno de Chile está contento con que la desición de que se juegue en Santiago la opción de acceder nuevamente al grupo mundial, ya que, según Gildemeister, "este court es histórico para nuestro tenis y esperamos que se vuelvan a revivir las grandes victorias que tuvimos en el pasado".

Respecto a las reparaciones de la cancha central, Jaime Pizarro explicó que las obras, que costaron 10 millones de pesos, consisten en remozar la cancha central de de entrenamiento, los camarines y los puestos para el público.

"Este semana comenzaron los arreglos del Court y esperamos que a principios de abril esté el recinto habilitado para que los equipos puedan entrenar de la mejor manera", dijo Pizarro.

Finalmente, la autoridad del tenis, José Hinzpeter realizó una invitación para que el público chileno se entusiasme y pueda apoyar al equipo chileno. "Necesitamos que llenemos el court. Esta actuación es importante para los jugadores y en verdad queremos triunfar, y en esto, el público es fundamental

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 03-14-2008, 02:35 AM   #1332
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan View Post

Perfect rant Kid!!!

Yeah, they are mean to him at times. And give Fernando a pass all the time.

You are right, and I was wrong. But Sparko is right too - they aren't going to change so he needs to ignore it. Just answer the same questions and move on. And in a way I was a little right - he can't expect that they'll just pass on his going out of the Top 100 - that is news.

This entire situation is sad. I feel bad for him and that he has to deal with all of this. Hopefully he'll start winning again soon and everyone can move on to more positive things.
I didnt' mean to imply you were wrong Nicofan! You made a very good point I was just adding that reading it doesn't help Nico, and in fact probably makes his situation worse. But you are right, his drop in rank is news, whether we like to read it or not. and his family and fans are the cheerleaders, not the press and we shouldn't expect more from them (the press)

So Hans is now saying it was never a question who would be the 2nd single??? Now that is funny What, he thinks we're all that forgetful? Or maybe its he who has the short memory

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 03:29 AM   #1333
country flag ChinoRios4Ever

ChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond repute

thank god GIL de Meister that CRAPdeville can't win a single MD match

im sick of GIL de Meister, really... he sucks all the way... what happens if Paul had a good run in Miami?

TT Rankings: #62 (S) & #92 (D).
Results Singles: W Auckland 09, Washington 09, Acapulco 10, 's-Hertogenbosch 10 & Fürth CH 08, F Bucharest 10, 's-Hertogenbosch 11 & Bucaramanga CH 09.
Results Doubles: W Bogota CH 08 (w/ClaudiuS), F Acapulco 09 (w/lucho_coria), Bucaramanga CH 09 (w/Gallina), ROLAND GARROS 09, Los Angeles 09 (w/juakos17) & Sunrise CH 10 (w/hallso).
ChinoRios4Ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 04:29 AM   #1334
country flag kidnicky

then he'd be back to say that it is still questionable who will be the 2nd singles player

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 03-14-2008, 11:42 AM   #1335
country flag NicoFan

Hans...

He doesn't need to make the decision WEEKS before the tie. It should go by who is playing better at the time. That's what most "normal" captains do.