Nico News and Articles - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-30-2005, 06:28 PM   #106
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nico News and Articles

I'm so happy that he'll be back soon - he's been out way way way too long, and tennis isn't the same without him. :-( Just hope his team is being really careful with his foot and not pushing too hard.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2005, 02:57 PM   #107
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

There was an article today with Pato that he thinks it will take Nico about 3 weeks back on the circuit to really get back into the swing of things - by Rome, he feels that Nico will be at 100%.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:41 PM   #108
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

I don't trust in Pato, but maybe he is right this time

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 05:45 PM   #109
country flag NicoFan

I don't trust him and I don't like him - but yes, let's hope this time he actually does things right.
Old 04-02-2005, 05:04 PM   #110
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergie
Nico will back to play in Montecarlo
I am glad that Nico is making a good recovery and should be back in Monte Carlo. I know I haven't been around much lately - had a lot of family stuff to deal with - but I've been reading the Boards as and when I can and keeping up with things. Providing nothing changes in my own personal situation over the next week, I should be in Monte Carlo and will definately give Nico a cheer from everyone here.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 11:05 PM   #111
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy your time in Monte Carlo Rosie ... And take a lot of pics for us

Old 04-06-2005, 03:46 PM   #112
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Tomorrow Nico will decide if will play in Montecarlo or will wait a week more and will return in Houston

Old 04-06-2005, 06:42 PM   #113
country flag NicoFan

I hope he does decide to wait even though I really really miss him. It makes more sense to get another week in training, and then fly from Chile to the US and then to Europe where he'll be until after Wimbledon. Seems kind of loco to fly from Chile to Europe to the US back to Europe.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:43 PM   #114
country flag NicoFan

Just read that Nico will NOT play in Monte Carlo. I think that's a great decision.

He will play in Houston though the following week.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:44 AM   #115
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Finally a smart decision

Old 04-07-2005, 12:50 AM   #116
country flag +alonso

+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah !
Massu OUT Montecarlo , IN Houston I hope
for more news
http://www.latercera.cl/medio/articu...570519,00.html
Old 04-07-2005, 02:43 AM   #117
country flag NicoFan

Hola senor Alonso - how come Nico's name is second to Fena's in your signature...he should be first!...lol!!!...just teasing... :-) :-) And more importantly, you have Nico's picture under your name....that's nice...

And hey saw you over at Rafa's board...that kid is great!!! Got to love him :-) I think he can win the French...but don't want to put pressure on him. He's young...he's got a lot of time to win the big tournaments.
Old 04-16-2005, 11:06 AM   #118
country flag NicoFan

Good interview with Nico on Radio Cooperativa yesterday. He sounds calm, and sounds like he has a good plan on returning...though somewhat tentative about returning.

From Radio Cooperativa:

Nicolas Massú (18ş of the ATP) does not want that the anxiety by returning al circuit, after four inactive months by a seguidilla of injuries, to ruin him his plans. By this, the double Olympic champion is taken all with calm and will decide its participation in the tournament of Houston only after coaching this weekend in the United States.

The vińamarino commented that after analyzing at length with its medical and technical team the evolution of its tendonitis in the left ankle was resolved to travel to North America.

"It was not easy to decide because one has always the fear to be injured again, but I had a quite long meeting and we have analyzed it two or three times for week. I believe that the moment to be gone arrived, but I do not know if I can play or not", said Massú.

"My intention is to play and if I cannot act I will coach there, but I am ready or I lack a little", added.

Massú has clear that his return to the circuit, after his last match in the second round of the Australian Open, will not be an immediate process.

"I know that will be complicated because I note it in the training, my groundstrokes are not the same that when one is well and therefore would not miss me that the first two weeks the results accompany not me, but one always goes with faith", confessed.

"I know that after the third or fourth week I go to recently yield and to seek results, now I am going to reintegrate me in the circuit", added.

The double Olympic champion will travel in the night from this Friday to United States, to coach in Houston this Saturday 16 and Sunday 17. The tournament on courts of green clay will leave Monday 18.

Looking at Düsseldorf and the Cup Davis

Last March 13, Nicolas Massú cited to a press conference where declared openly its disagreement with which Horacio de la Pena have been in charge of the national team of Cup Davis, al same time that was a technician of Fernando González, something that qualified as "little ethical".

After the relief, the vińamarino indicated that the theme is absolutely surpassed and even indicated that has no problem in working with the Argentine coach during the World Cup in Düsseldorf, Germany.

"Does not it pass anything... we are going to work to Düsseldorf. Fernando goes with his coach, I go with mine (Patricio Rodriguez) and we are going to treat to win for third time. Thus of simple", it declared.

In another theme, Massú expects that al executive that will assume the Chile Tennis Confederacy, after the elections of the next one 4 of May, considered the opinion of the players on who should direct the national team of Cup Davis.

"It is all clearer, the person that arrive (as the president of the confederacy) can have his opinion, but he has to ask it to him the tennis players, who are the protagonists. Here it is not like the soccer... we are four and what is important is that we feel well. The same thing gives me the captain, but always I have my opinion", said. (Cooperative.cl)
Old 04-16-2005, 01:04 PM   #119
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Thanks for the interview

Old 04-18-2005, 12:54 PM   #120
country flag NicoFan

About Nico's return this evening:

From latercera.cl:

Nicolas Massú is conscious that its inactivity can pass him the account in its return al circuit. The same one says that its blows not yet are the of before and that the rapidity, one of its main virtues, not yet can be compared with that of its better moments. In spite of all, the vińamarino decided to return al circuit this week, in the ATP of Houston, after three far away months of the competences.

It will not be easy for the Chilean, considering that so much inactivity would be able it to affect notoriously. And it is for this that who they know it they advise him that be taken all with calm, putting emphasis in which high odds exist that in the first weeks the results accompany not it.

Against the anxiety

Gabriel Markus worked with Massú a year and a half, during the ones that almost did not suffer physical misfortunes. Nevertheless, the same DT recalls that when took al "Vampire", to ends of 2002, was with some objections that him did not they permit to leave well the 2003.

"Memory that cost him four tournaments to take up again the level, in which lost in the first round. And now it can pass him somewhat similar, because needs to play a lot to get confidence. What is important is that sits down well physically. Of all forms, I believe that the to have jumped Montecarlo and to leave in Houston, a tournament of less hierarchy, was a good measure", says "Gaby".

The Argentine says that the dangerous thing is that "'Nico' is anxious, that perhaps will seek to be felt well since a principle. Therefore, what is important is that be taken the things with a lot of calm, because with the time will recover the confidence that always is lost with so much time out of the circuit".

Leonardo Zuleta knows since small to Massú (was its first technician) and he has conversed follow with him during all this time. In fact the "Nano" he is in Houston together al vińamarino, therefore there they are playing two of its present pupilos (to see notes secondary).

"I see well Nicolas. Sicológicamente comes prepared to lose with any, something that can be given. I coincide with Markus in which can delay some three tournaments in getting confidence, what can result frustrante and therefore is basic that be strong mentally. Fundamental, also, it is that be forgot of the wound and comience to play tranquil, because to Nicolas those things affect him a lot", commented Zuleta.

It debuts in double

Massú arrived on Saturday to Houston and in the two days that carries of training the things have walked well. In fact the vińamarino decided to be recorded in the competence of double, in which will do double with Spanish Oscar Hernández. The player debuts today set against the couple comprising the Australian one Ashley Fisher and the south african one Chris Haggard. He will be a good test for the Chilean, who said that in land he would decide if he played or not the tournament. "He has felt himself well and up to now he plays", he said Claudio Ferrer, his physical coach. In singles, Massú will play in the first phase tomorrow before the French one Antony Dupuis (115°).