Nico News and Articles - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-23-2005, 01:26 PM   #46
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nico News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergie
Nico is out of Viña, Bs. As and his participation in the Davis Cup is in doubt

This news couldn't be worse
I am so sorry Fergie This is such bad news for Nico and for you. I remember how bad I felt when David had so many injuries last year (especially when he pulled out if Wmbledon and Paris which are my two closest tournaments ) Please try and cheer up - and GET WELL SOON NICO.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2005, 01:05 PM   #47
country flag taysbest

taysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond repute

Very sad news! I'm so sorry to hear about this. I hope Nico gets well really soon!
Old 01-26-2005, 03:15 PM   #48
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Update on Nico's injury.

They are going to x-ray his foot again this Friday to see how the bone is healing. They will be able to tell then whether or not he can play in the Davis Cup or not.

Let's hope for good news. But the most important in all of this is not to rush him back - he needs to completely recover. Based on all the articles, Horacio de la Pena, Fernando's coach seems to understand this, but hope that Nico's own coach and other advisers understand it also.

Don't want another mistake like the hernia fiasco and then going to the Oz Open when he wasn't completely in shape and his foot was bothering him before he went.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 03:39 PM   #49
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

I really want that Nico take his time and recover good ... I don't want to see him injury all the year

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 03:50 PM   #50
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely agree. So far none of the injuries have been career threatening. But I'm afraid if he comes back too early, he might get injuried again and not be so lucky.

But one good news from the newspapers is that Horacio is going to help him. He's going to Vina today with a fitness trainer, and he says they are going to help Nico. I was so relieved to read that.

Just hope that Pato doesn't interfere. I still blame him for all this - he was the one that allowed Nico to play in Australia when he should have adviced him to stay home.

In my humble opinion...lol!...Pato appeared to be too busy worrying about discrediting Horacio so he couldn't get citizenship rather than worrying about Nico's injuries.
Old 01-26-2005, 08:00 PM   #51
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan
In my humble opinion...lol!...Pato appeared to be too busy worrying about discrediting Horacio so he couldn't get citizenship rather than worrying about Nico's injuries.
I agree ... Horacio will be this days with Nico in Viña (until Friday to take a final decision about Davis Cup), I will go tomorrow to take pics

Old 01-26-2005, 08:31 PM   #52
country flag NicoFan

You are a wonderful person Fergie!!!! Can't wait to see the pictures. Although I'm not sure if I want to see Nico with that boot on his foot. :-( Poor Nico - I wish this wasn't happening to him.

And I wish you could tell Nico not to play until he's 100% healed! :-) And get a new coach...lol!!!!! (I wish Horacio was Nico's coach...)
Old 01-27-2005, 12:59 PM   #53
country flag taysbest

taysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond repute

Have fun Fergie! You are Fantastic!!
I also hope Nico takes the full time to recover. It's never good to rush back....
Old 01-27-2005, 06:27 PM   #54
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the up-dates NicoFan and Fergie.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
Old 01-27-2005, 07:21 PM   #55
country flag NicoFan

Rosie - you must be proud of how well David did at the Oz Open - he played well against Lleyton - like he said the 5th set was like a lottery - just luck would win it, and unfortunately, the luck went Lleyton's way.

I think Safin can win the entire thing - what an awesome win against Fed today.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:49 AM   #56
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan
Rosie - you must be proud of how well David did at the Oz Open - he played well against Lleyton - like he said the 5th set was like a lottery - just luck would win it, and unfortunately, the luck went Lleyton's way.

I think Safin can win the entire thing - what an awesome win against Fed today.
Thanks NicoFan - yes I am proud but still a bit sad too And I am definately supporting Marat to win the whole thing too now.

Old 01-28-2005, 12:24 PM   #57
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

I'm still sad with Roger's lost yesterday

But today I will go to the tournament and I will try to have some news about Nico

Old 01-28-2005, 07:15 PM   #58
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

We have a beautiful days here, I love the summer

I was in the tournament today but I didn't see Nico and his team ... I will go again later, I expect to have better luck

Old 01-30-2005, 01:38 PM   #59
country flag taysbest

Have fun Fergie!! I hope you see them and Gaston too!
Old 01-30-2005, 04:04 PM   #60
country flag NicoFan

There was an article today in latercera.cl - doesn't sound like Nico is going to be at the tournament until Tuesday when he'll sign autographs. I guess he'll watch a couple of matches also. Sounds as if he wants to just rest right now.

Monday he's going to go to the doctor to see how the stress fracture is healing.

Doesn't sound like he's planning on playing in the Davis Cup - physically he wouldn't be ready for singles, and he's worried that if he plays doubles, he may get reinjured.

I think its for the best if he doesn't play - he would be taking a chance on getting reinjured. I would like to see him bag everything until the European clay court season - the clay will be easier on his foot, and it will give him the necessary time to recuperate and train properly this time.