Nico News and Articles - Page 39 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-22-2007, 01:25 PM   #571
country flag kidnicky
Could it be any harder...

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nico News and Articles

about Fernando not going, well the ATP and the players have to do something, because is not possible that the main latin stars of tennis continue screwing up the latin tournaments, the last year was NalBandian, Acapulco was fulled of big signs with his picture and tv ads promoting the tournament and that he'd be there, at the end he withdrew and the advertisements were still there when I arrived. This year was Fernando, that's why in the tv ads no tennis player appeared now like the last year, just in case . On sunday one of the tournament directors was commenting that Fernando was coming and that there was nothing to worry about (the guy sounded desperated) so now the same happen, is really a shame.

And nothing against Fernando, I completely understand him but again the ATP and the players should work to figure this out 'cause at this step we won't have any small tournaments since everyone is focussing their careers in the big ones

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini
The second thing that gets better with age

kidnicky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2007, 01:26 PM   #572
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Juliet-we're only required to "VAMOS NICO" on the chat thread

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 01:29 PM   #573
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree about Fernando Kid. I was a little surprised he dropped out. I haven't read a reason yet but unless he still has a physical problem, he should have played IMO. This kinda of thing gives stupid DeVillers reason for more stupid changes like RR

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Old 02-22-2007, 01:30 PM   #574
country flag Juliet

Juliet has a reputation beyond reputeJuliet has a reputation beyond reputeJuliet has a reputation beyond reputeJuliet has a reputation beyond reputeJuliet has a reputation beyond reputeJuliet has a reputation beyond reputeJuliet has a reputation beyond reputeJuliet has a reputation beyond reputeJuliet has a reputation beyond reputeJuliet has a reputation beyond reputeJuliet has a reputation beyond repute

I noticed that, Sparko... I was joking!

And I totally agree with Kid on Fernando not going to Acapulco.
Juliet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 01:35 PM   #575
country flag kidnicky

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

yeah that's true, more RR to come

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 02-22-2007, 01:54 PM   #576
country flag Sparko1030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliet View Post
I noticed that, Sparko... I was joking!

And I totally agree with Kid on Fernando not going to Acapulco.

Oh!

And I don't want to bash Fena here. He's by far not the only one to do it-and perhaps it is a physical thing with him. But this sort of pull out is hard on the organizers like Kid mentioned and players had better make sure they have a good reason to do so.

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Old 02-22-2007, 02:10 PM   #577
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone already knows what I think about this issue.

Amelie Mauresmo was talking about it on the women's side - she was very critical about how 10-20% of the women are reneging on their commitments.

She basically said that it is a matter of respect and the way you were brought up.

It is definitely about respect - for the fans, sponsors, host city. Fans pay a lot of money to go, and sponsors mucho mucho dinero.

It's not just Fernando - Fed doesn't even bother to sign up for most tournaments, Rafa is out injured every other week, Fat Dave would rather go rally racing.

Makes me respect these guys less and less. Not as someone pointed out to me that the players would care what I think. But as fans decide to watch other sports where the players do actually bother to play week in and week out, and as less and less sponsors decide to shell out big dollars to sponsor their events, maybe they will care when they aren't getting a big paycheck.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 02:52 PM   #578
country flag kidnicky

and you know that I agree with you NicoFan … and Sparko is not that I'm bashing Fernando, I was just putting the example from what I'll see the next week, 'cause I'm sure that a lot of people are going to see him and now no Fernando … and like NicoFan said, he is just doing it right now, most of the players are doing this all the time, wich btw SUCKS!!!!

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 02-22-2007, 03:52 PM   #579
country flag Brahna

Brahna has a reputation beyond reputeBrahna has a reputation beyond reputeBrahna has a reputation beyond reputeBrahna has a reputation beyond reputeBrahna has a reputation beyond reputeBrahna has a reputation beyond reputeBrahna has a reputation beyond reputeBrahna has a reputation beyond reputeBrahna has a reputation beyond reputeBrahna has a reputation beyond reputeBrahna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan View Post
Amelie Mauresmo was talking about it on the women's side - she was very critical about how 10-20% of the women are reneging on their commitments.
She basically said that it is a matter of respect and the way you were brought up.It is definitely about respect - for the fans, sponsors, host city. Fans pay a lot of money to go, and sponsors mucho mucho dinero.

And as less and less sponsors decide to shell out big dollars to sponsor their events, maybe they will care when they aren't getting a big paycheck.
Actually I've already read it somewhere, NicoFan!

Then I totally agree, they will care when they will notice they can't afford buying a house at the end of a tournament!
Brahna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:24 PM   #580
country flag Sparko1030

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidnicky View Post
and you know that I agree with you NicoFan and Sparko is not that I'm bashing Fernando, I was just putting the example from what I'll see the next week, 'cause I'm sure that a lot of people are going to see him and now no Fernando … and like NicoFan said, he is just doing it right now, most of the players are doing this all the time, wich btw SUCKS!!!!
I didnt' think you were Kid (when I wrote it I was thinking of myself)

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Old 02-22-2007, 05:21 PM   #581
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

The players should think better their schedule and withdraw only for an injury ... But in the other hand some players go to a tournament and just tank the match

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 05:43 PM   #582
country flag kidnicky

I know Sparko, I just wanted to clarify it again

It's better to stop about this or we're gonna received bad rep's

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 02-26-2007, 01:59 PM   #583
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Zuleta: "Massú es el responsable de lo que le pasa"

Confiado en poder ver una pronta recuperación de Nicolás Massú se mostró el entrenador nacional Leonardo Zuleta, quien fuera estratego del jugador hace algunos años.

Quizá es por esa razón que el coach se da el tiempo de evaluar el actual momento del número dos de Chile, de quien dice que es el principal responsable del bajo nivel que presenta en estos momentos.

"El gran responsable de lo que le pasa a Massú es él mismo. Él es el jefe de su equipo y en un 90 por ciento es el culpable de lo que le pasa. El resto es del grupo que lo asesora, desde su coach hasta su padre", partidó diciendo a La Tercera.

En ese sentido, "Nano" especificó que es necesario que el jugador experimente cuanto antes algunos cambios, para poder así regresar al sitial en el que estuvo hace algunos años.

"Son varios los aspectos que tiene que cambiar (...) debería jugar menos torneos y jugar menos de forma defensiva. Se dice que su revés es malo, pero tiene la capacidad para hacer un ajuste y convetir ese golpe en ofensivo", agregó.

Zuleta fue más allá, e incluso se atrevió a decir que, de hacer los cambios cuando antes, su ex pupilo podrá volver a ser el mismo que ganó los Juegos Olímpicos de Atenas.

"Se tiene que dar cuenta que necesita hacer ajustes y estoy seguro que si lo hace, podrá ser el jugador que ganó las medallas en Atenas".

La primera prueba de fuego que deberá sostener, es su participación en el ATP de Acapulco, donde deberá enfrentar al argentino Juan Mónaco, reciente ganador del ATP de Buenos Aires.

Old 02-26-2007, 02:18 PM   #584
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Wise words by Nano.

He and Nico speak a lot by phone (or used to) so hopefully he's telling Nico the same thing.

The only thing I humbly disagree with is playing less tournaments. If he was winning more consistently, yes. But I certainly don't want him to be like Fernando and only play the "big ones".

Here's the translation:

Zuleta: "Massú is the responsible for what passes him"

Confident in being able to see a quick recovery of Nicolas Massú was shown the national coach Leonardo Zuleta, who he was estratego of the player he does some years.

Perhaps it is for that reason that the coach is given the time to evaluate the present moment of the number two of Chile, of whom he says that is the main one responsible for the low level that presents in these moments.

"The great responsible for what passes to Massú is he himself. He is the leader of his team and in 90 percent is the guilty one of what passes him. The remainder is of the group that assesses him, from his coach to his father", partidó telling La Tercera.

In that sense, "Nano" specified that is necessary that the player experimente as soon as possible some changes, to be able thus to return al sitial in which was does some years.

"They are various the aspects that has to change (..) he should play less tournaments and to play less than defensive form. It is said that his reverse is evil, but has the capacity to do an adjustment and convert that shot to offense", added.

Zuleta was beyond, and even dared to say that, to make the changes when before, his former pupilo will be able to be again the same one that won the Olympic Games of Athens.

"He has to realize that he needs to make adjustments and I am sure that if he does it, he will be able to be the player that won the medals in Athens".

The first test of fire that should maintain, is its participation in the ATP of Acapulco, where should face al Argentine Juan Monaco, recent winner of the ATP of Buenos Aires.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:45 AM   #585
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Massú avanza en Acapulco tras vencer a Galvani

Nicolás Massú (53º del ranking ATP) continúa su buen paso por tierras mexicanas, luego de derrotar en dos horas de partido al italiano Stefano Galvani (109º) por parciales de 7-6 (2) y 6-3, resultado que le permite avanzar hasta los cuartos de final del Abierto de Acapulco.

Massú tuvo un comienzo irregular, ya que comenzó quebrando en el primer game, pero cedió su saque inmediatamente después. De ahí hasta el 'tie break', donde la segunda raqueta nacional mostró bastante contundencia para llevarse el desempate por un categórico 7-2.

El medallista olímpico comenzó dubitativo en el segundo parcial, situación que fue inmediatamente aprovechada por el italiano que quebró de entrada, aunque el 'vampiro' se sobrepuso al segundo, devolviendo la gentileza al itálico en el game siguiente.

La segunda manga se desarrolló pareja hasta el octavo game. Massú venía de conservar su saque en el séptimo, quedando 4-3 en la cuenta, y en el octavo quebró el saque de Galvani luego de mucho batallar.

Para ganar el partido, el viñamarino desperdició dos oportunidades de partido, pero luego de estar 'brake' abajo, supo aprovechar la ventaja de su saque para llevarse el partido en dos horas exactas de partido.

Con este resultado, Massú se mete en los cuartos de final del ATP de Acapulco, donde deberá enfrentar al argentino Juan Ignacio Chela (35º) que en su duelo de octavos dio cuenta del francés Nicolás Devilder por 6-0 y 6-4.