Nico News and Articles - Page 33 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-12-2006, 09:16 PM   #481
country flag Alx
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Alx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nico News and Articles

Gracias Gonzofan and Nicofan !!!

Nicolas Massu

Fernando Gonzalez

Vince "move your butt" Spadea Les ptits potes Victor Hanescu

Alx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2006, 09:50 PM   #482
country flag kidnicky
Could it be any harder...

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

Gracias Gracias Gracias GonzoFan!!!! you're the best

and thanks NicoFan for the translation ... OMG I love this boy!! I knew that he will be like us about the stupid round robind and I'm still laughing about what he thinks about Cincy I don't like golf either Nico!!!! ... and don't worry Nico, the next time you'll win Acapulco no matter if I've to pay or thread to someone in that tournament

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini
The second thing that gets better with age

kidnicky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 05:39 PM   #483
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the article Gonzofan and Nicofan! Fun read. to Nico's opinion of round robin-BAD idea IMO. And gotta love when they're asked about the other's year- what the heck to they expect them to say?

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 11:37 PM   #484
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

From latercera.cl:

The number one racquet of South America, David Nalbandian, confirmed its participation in the quarter edition of the Copa Argentina, that will be played between the 14 and December 17 in the Buenos Aires Lawn Tennis Club.

With the in force champion of the Master Cup only lacks a player to complete the picture, therefore already they have given an affirmative answer the Chilean Nicolas Massú, the Peruvian Luis Horna and Spaniard Carlos Moyá.

To them one must add the local José Acasuso, Guillermo Canes, Juan Ignacio Chela, Juan Monaco, Gastón Gaudio, Mariano Zabaleta and Vassallo Arguello.

The confirmation of the number four of the world in the competence announced it this Wednesday the Group US, that organizes this contest, that will develop on surface of clay and offers a car of prize al winning.

Nalbandian also confirmed his aid in another tournament exhibition that will be disputed in the Estadio Orfeo Superdomo of the city of Cordoba, between the 8 and 10 of December, next to Augustine Calleri, Acasuso, Canes, Monaco and where will be as unique international to Massú
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 02:58 AM   #485
country flag kidnicky

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the article NicoFan ... we already knew that and I already have my personal spy for that exhibition event in December

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 09-25-2006, 09:52 PM   #486
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Article with Hans in lun.com about DC next year:

http://www.lun.com/modulos/catalogo/...DE27LU2509.jpg
Old 09-25-2006, 10:21 PM   #487
country flag kidnicky

Thanks for the article NicoFan

This thursday the draw already?!?! damn!!! I'm starting to get nervous since now ....

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 10-03-2006, 04:19 PM   #488
country flag GonzoFan

GonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond repute

There's an article on Nico in La Tercera.

I'll type for you and post it here in a few minutes.

Richard Gasquet/Tomas Berdych/Marat Safin/Tommy Haas/Rafael Nadal/Andy Roddick/Marcos Baghdatis
All the chilean players and some others

"Just give 100 percent.
And that's not just in tennis or sports; that's in life.
If you give 100 percent, you'll have no regrets."
Lleyton Hewitt
GonzoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 04:42 PM   #489
country flag kidnicky

Gracias GonzoFan

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 10-03-2006, 04:46 PM   #490
country flag GonzoFan

GonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Nicolas Massu: “Contra Rusia no somos favoritos”

El doble campeón olímpico analiza el duelo ante los eslavos, por la primera ronda del Grupo Mundial de Copa Davis 2007

El viñamarino asume lo difícil que será enfrentar a los euroasiáticos y dijo que, a la hora de elegir las condiciones en las cuales jugarán, no hay que fijarse en qué les incomoda a ellos: “Tienen un equipo muy completo que puede jugar dónde sea”.

Nicolas Massu pasa las últimas horas en Santiago antes de partir a Estocolmo, donde la próxima semana volverá al circuito ATP. Y más que pensar en el retorno a las competencias, al viñamarino todavía le da vuelta en la cabeza el sorteo de Copa Davis 2007, que colocó a Rusia como rival de Chile. Porque para él, jugar esta competencia es algo muy especial “más que disputar cualquier torneo, porque pocas veces se defiende a Chile. Solamente lo hacemos una o dos veces al año. Por eso hay que aprovecharlo”.

Se ha hablado mucho de dónde hay que jugar ante los rusos. ¿Cuál es su opinión?
Está claro que hay que jugar en arcilla a nivel del mar, pero hay que tener cuidado con estar viendo qué les incomoda más a ellos en vez de preocuparnos de nosotros. Los rusos tienen un equipo para acomodarse a cada una de las condiciones que queramos poner: si es una cancha muy lenta ponen a (Nikolay) Davydenko o (Igor) Andreev, si es más rápida puede jugar (Marat) Safin o (Mikhail) Youzhny … También tienen a (Dmitry) Tursunov, que pasa por un buen momento. Es un equipo muy completo y por eso mismo, más que pensar en ellos, tenemos que ver dónde nosotros nos sentimos más cómodos.

En todo caso, Youzhny comentó que para ellos será muy complicado venir a Chile después de jugar el Abierto de Australia y pasar del cemento a la arcilla …
Bueno, se les pone más difícil en ese sentido, porque tendrán que cambiar de superficie en una época del año en la cual no están acostumbrados a hacerlo. Esa es nuestra ventaja. Además que ellos saben que somos un equipo fuerte en estas canchas y que tanto yo como Fernando jugamos bien en Copa Davis. Por eso será importante contar con un estadio grande, para que sientan que son visitas.

¿Ve viniendo a Chile a Marat Safin o Nikolay Davydenko si llegan lejos en Australia?
No sé. Eso dependerá de la motivación de cada uno. Pero si no vienen ellos dos, pueden poner otros jugadores igual de complicados. Yo por lo menos voy a pensar que tendré que jugar contra los mejores, en enfrentar a Safin, a Davydenko. Así es que tenemos que prepararnos si queremos ganar.

Rusia le ganó la final de Copa Davis a Francia jugando de visita en 2002, sobre arcilla, y ahora juegan la final de Copa Davis ante Argentina. ¿Es el mejor equipo del mundo en este momento?
Bueno, por algo están sembrados como número uno en el ranking de Copa Davis. Tienen cinco singlistas que están dentro de los 75 mejores del mundo. Quizás no tienen grandes doblistas, pero pueden hacer buenas parejas igual. Es un equipo muy completo.

¿O sea, el hecho de que Chile sea local no lo convierte en favorito?
En este casi no. La serie está un 50 por cierto para cada uno. No somos favoritos, como ellos tampoco. Nosotros somos locales, jugamos bien Copa Davis y subimos nuestro nivel cuando defendemos a Chile, pero Rusia tiene un equipo muy potente y que perfectamente podría llegar como campeón de esta competencia.

Massu y los últimos torneos
Las motivaciones para fin de año

Mañana Nicolas Massu partirá a Suecia, donde la próxima semana jugará el ATP de Estocolmo. Será el primer torneo de un total de cuatro que marcarán el fin de la temporada para el doble campeón olímpico. Metas de ranking no se ha propuesto (hoy está 45º), porque “lo único que quiero es jugar bien. Aunque sé que si tengo buenos resultados en uno de los grandes que queda podré terminar más arriba en el ranking”.
Después de jugar en Estocolmo, el chileno disputará los Masters Series de Madrid y París-Bercy, además del ATP de Lyon. “Son torneos donde me ha ido bien alguna vez. En Madrid jugué la final el 2003 y en París dos veces llegue a octavos. Ojalá que este año se repita”. Explica la segunda raqueta nacional.
El último torneo que disputó el “Vampiro” fue el Abierto de Estados Unidos, hace casi un mes.

Richard Gasquet/Tomas Berdych/Marat Safin/Tommy Haas/Rafael Nadal/Andy Roddick/Marcos Baghdatis
All the chilean players and some others

"Just give 100 percent.
And that's not just in tennis or sports; that's in life.
If you give 100 percent, you'll have no regrets."
Lleyton Hewitt
GonzoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 04:51 PM   #491
country flag Alx
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Alx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the article Gonzofan

Nicolas Massu

Fernando Gonzalez

Vince "move your butt" Spadea Les ptits potes Victor Hanescu

Alx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 04:59 PM   #492
country flag kidnicky

Gracias Gracias for typing and posting the article GonzoFan there's a version of it in La tercera on line but it's not like this ... so Gracias again!! you're the best

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 10-03-2006, 05:18 PM   #493
country flag NicoFan

Gracias GF!!!

Here it is in English:

Nicolas Massu: "We are not favorites against Russia"

The double Olympic champion analyzes the match before the Slavs, by the first round of the World Group of Cup Davis 2007

The viñamarino assumes the difficult thing that will be to face to the Eurasian and said that, at the moment of to elect the conditions in which will play, not one must set in what disturbs to them: "They have a very complete team that can play where be".

Nicolas Massu passes the last hours in Santiago before leaving to Stockholm, where the next week will return al circuit ATP. And more than thinking about the return to the competences, al viñamarino still gives return in the head the drawing of Cup Davis 2007, that placed to Russia as rival of Chile. Because for him, to play this competence is something very special "more than disputing any tournament, because few times defends to Chile. Only we do it one or two times al year. Therefore one must take advantage of".

It has been spoken a lot from where one must play before the Russians. Which is its opinion? It is clear that one must play in clay to sea level, but one must be careful with to be seeing what disturbs more to them instead of worrying us of us. The Russians have a team to be accommodated to each one of the conditions that we want to put: if is a very slow court they put to (Nikolay) Davydenko or (Igor) Andreev, if is faster can play (Marat) Safin or (Mikhail) Youzhny … Also they have to (Dmitry) Tursunov, that passes for a good moment. It is a same therefore and very complete team, more than thinking about them, we have to see where do we feel more comfortable.

In any case, Youzhny commented that for them will be very complicated to come to Chile after playing the Australian Open and to pass from hardcourts to the clay … Good, is put them more difficult in that sense, because they will have to change of surface in a time of year in which they are not usual to do it. That is our advantage. Besides that know that we are a strong team in these courts and that so much I eat Fernando we play well in Cup Davis. Therefore will be important to include a large stadium, so that they sit down that are visits.

It sees coming to Chile to Marat Safin or Nikolay Davydenko if they arrive far away in Australia? I do not know. That will depend on the motivation of each one. But if they do not they come two, they can put other equal players of complicated. I at least am going to think that I will have to play against the better, in facing to Safin, to Davydenko. Thus it is that we have to prepare us if we want to gain.

Russia gained the end of Cup Davis to France playing of visit in 2002, on clay, and now they play the end of Cup Davis before Argentina. Is the best team of the world at this time? Good, by something they are sown as number one in the ranking of Cup Davis. They have five singlistas that are inside the 75 better than the world. Perhaps they do not have large doubles players, but can do good equal couples. Is a very complete team.

That is to say, the fact that Chile be localities does not become the favorite? In this almost not. The series is a 50 certainly for each one. We are not favorite, like they neither. We are localities, we play well Cup Davis and we rise our level when we defend to Chile, but Russia has a very powerful team and that perfectly would be able to arrive like champion of this competence.

Massu and the last tournaments - the motivations for end of year

Tomorrow Nicolas Massu will leave to Sweden, where the next week will play the ATP of Stockholm. It will be the first tournament of a total of four that will mark the end of the season for the double Olympic champion. You put of ranking has not been proposed (today is 45º), because "the unique thing that want is to play well. Although I know that if I have good results in one of the large that remains I will be able to finish further up in the ranking".

After playing in Stockholm, the Chilean will dispute the Masters Series of Madrid and Paris-Bercy, besides the ATP of Lyon. "Are tournaments where some time has gone me well. In Madrid I played the end the 2003 and in Paris two times arrive at eighth. I hope that this year be repeated". It explains the second national racquet. The last tournament that disputed the "Vampire" was the U.S. Open, almost a month ago.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:30 PM   #494
country flag TommyB.

TommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks GonzoFan & NicoFan!

Tomorrow he will leave to Sweden!
TommyB. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 07:08 PM   #495
country flag LOVELY

LOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond repute

Gracias for the article GonzoFan and thank you NicoFan for the translation

http://nico-massu.over-blog.com/

Nico Massu

Follow through,Make your dreams come true,Don't give up the fight,You will be allright,Cause there's no one like you in the universe (Muse)
LOVELY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote