Nico News and Articles - Page 32 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-03-2006, 01:52 AM   #466
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nico News and Articles

Gracias for posting that No1Rios!

That's funny.

And they better try tomorrow and not be worried about flights home - I want them to win so I can see Nico again.

Chubby Chela isn't very talkative, is he.

Here's the translation:

The rain was infuriated with the US Open and, especially with who as the Nicolas Massú only they survive in the competence of double. The boredom of the players by the long waits mark the edition 121 of the New York Open.

Imagine four orderly chairs circulate in a corner of the room of players while outside the sky falls. Somnolent and already without theme that to chat they sink in the sofas the Argentine Juan Ignacio Chela, the Paraguayan one Ramón Delgado, their coach Hill Paredes and the popular one "Pantera", physical coach of Gastón Gaudio. Of unforeseen it enters the scene Nicolas Massú, who strangely you saw shorts and t-shirt as if were bound for the court.

"Well Chela, eh, motivated", unlike of entrance against his partner while the Argentine with face of a room for the three in the morning barely raises the eyebrows. And looking at al remainder "Vampire" continues the mockery: "Je je, Chela lost Monday, and continues here… ¡Monday! I at least lost Wednesday". From there on the dialogue is safety pin (???).

Chela: Mmm.

Massú: Because clear tennis that today we are not going to play (such as).

Chela: And what is going to do

Massú: At least "Pantera" is winning…because Gaudio is winning (touches him the shoulder).

Pantera: Yyy yes, you saw, I am breaking it.

Massú: You changed the flight, Chela?

Chela: Mmm.

Massú: Je je, Chela carries as thousand dollars in fine by the changes… you imagine you today would be tranquilito in Buenos Aires doing its things…

Chela: Hum.

Massú: Here, on the other hand, we are going to play with Santoro that when we remove is going to return it you to the feet, and after volear all shit goes to cross the other and is going to put it you here (sample the chest), ha ha.

Chela: Ha ha.

Massú: Other types in the place of one already would have themselves gone.

Paredes: But now if withdraw do not you pay you neither a mango.

Gabriel Markus, that is incorporated: Nooo, that does not run here.

Pantera: In one of those they arrive at the finals with the Bryan.

Massú: Naa, I'm not afraid of them, with Fernando I beat them on clay and on hardcourts… in the important tournaments we beat them.

Markus: In Australia they lost...

Massú: Truth but tight. To the Bryans we beat them in the Olympic and Roland Garros. The other times that lost do not count. In Dusseldorf already we had earned in the singles and here last year was done market, came to play five sets with Coria and 45 minutes of rest gave me. In the legal one, we are 2-1 up.

Chela: Che, but to they shit us to sticks (???)… (¡Plop!)
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2006, 02:23 AM   #467
country flag ChinoRios4Ever

ChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond repute

im still

this like tenis pro

DE NADA NICOFAN

TT Rankings: #62 (S) & #92 (D).
Results Singles: W Auckland 09, Washington 09, Acapulco 10, 's-Hertogenbosch 10 & Fürth CH 08, F Bucharest 10, 's-Hertogenbosch 11 & Bucaramanga CH 09.
Results Doubles: W Bogota CH 08 (w/ClaudiuS), F Acapulco 09 (w/lucho_coria), Bucaramanga CH 09 (w/Gallina), ROLAND GARROS 09, Los Angeles 09 (w/juakos17) & Sunrise CH 10 (w/hallso).
ChinoRios4Ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 09:17 AM   #468
country flag enqvistfan

enqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond repute

Interview of Nico in Lun
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nico_massu_lun0309.jpg (216.7 KB, 15 views)

Fernando Gonzalez & Carlos Moya

Para siempre Gonzo

Still supporting you, vamos
enqvistfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 12:39 PM   #469
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Val

Good article
Old 09-03-2006, 05:24 PM   #470
country flag doris_hdz

doris_hdz has a reputation beyond reputedoris_hdz has a reputation beyond reputedoris_hdz has a reputation beyond reputedoris_hdz has a reputation beyond reputedoris_hdz has a reputation beyond reputedoris_hdz has a reputation beyond reputedoris_hdz has a reputation beyond reputedoris_hdz has a reputation beyond reputedoris_hdz has a reputation beyond reputedoris_hdz has a reputation beyond reputedoris_hdz has a reputation beyond repute

jajajjaja...que wena conversacion....ese nico ..... que chistoso..

Roger Federer
doris_hdz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 03:16 AM   #471
country flag kidnicky
Could it be any harder...

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the articles guys

OMG I'm still laughing with that conversation between Chela and Nico I'd kill Chela if he didn't tape that for tenis pro ... at least we know that our Nico doesn't get bored like the rest of the guys, like Gaston that said that he gets bored as a bear

And It's good that he's so possitive and we'd never know why he's taking all this time off, but maybe that's what he needs, we shouldn't forget that maybe he lost in the first rounds in the last master series, and that he lost in the 2nd round at the USO, but still, the boy is beign playing, practicing and travelling all the freaking weeks, so I'm sure that anyone of us would looooove to spend at least 2 weeks sleeping in the same bed don't you think

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini
The second thing that gets better with age

kidnicky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:54 PM   #472
country flag NicoFan

From latercera.cl:

With the confidence to recover his level in the final part of the year was shown this late one the national tennis player Nicolas Massú, who arrived at national territory after his participation in the US Open.

The viñamarino assured that hurt him to remain out of said tournament so prematurely, especially by losing a not so complicated match before the Russian Mikhail Youzhny.

"I played with very good players and now I lost a very rare match. Time ago did not lose thus, but are things that pass in the tennis and I have to improve them".

Of the same form, the tennis player two of Chile assured that the main thing in these moments is to begin to recover the confidence, key situation to obtain results.

"It hurts to lose thus if not achievement to improve those small things I will not be able to obtain greater objectives. It is because of that I have to begin to recover the confidence before so painful losses", continued.

Finally it assured that its main motivation is not the ranking, but to finish the year playing of better form.

Now the Chilean will pass some weeks in our country, for subsequently return to the activity in the ATP of Metz that the next one he is initiated 2 of October.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:08 PM   #473
country flag kidnicky

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the info NicoFan, I can't believe that I looked for info about Nico during the morning and nothing and now you found it it seems that the chilean press is waiting for you

although this is starting to confuse me, this guys from la tercera said that he wants to play better and not thinking about the ranking, and cooperativa said the last time that he wants to finish in the top 20's ... who is telling the truth?!?!

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 09-07-2006, 01:53 PM   #474
country flag NicoFan

Article in lun.com on Nico's and Fernando's arrival:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/atta...chmentid=99617
Old 09-07-2006, 02:27 PM   #475
country flag kidnicky

Thanks for the article NicoFan .... the boy looks great in that picture, isn't he??

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 09-07-2006, 02:34 PM   #476
country flag Alx
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Alx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidnicky
Thanks for the article NicoFan .... the boy looks great in that picture, isn't he??
Thanks Nicofan.
He looks great

Nicolas Massu

Fernando Gonzalez

Vince "move your butt" Spadea Les ptits potes Victor Hanescu

Alx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:15 PM   #477
country flag GonzoFan

GonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond repute

El cara a cara de González y Massú

Balance de la temporada una vez terminado el Abierto de Estados Unidos

Con gran parte del año tenístico archivado, incluidos los cuatro torneos del Grand Slam, las dos principales raquetas nacionales contestaron un cuestionario donde hablan de los buenos y malos momentos del 2006.

Con poco más de un mes de competencia para las dos principales raquetas nacionales, Fernando González y Nicolás Massú anticipan el balance de una temporada con más altos que bajos, pero en la que ninguno a podido levantar un trofeo.

Cuál es el balance con la temporada ya muy avanzada?
Massú: Ha sido un año bueno. Son pocos los jugadores que han disputado cuatro finales, como yo, y soy el tenista con más triunfos en arcilla. Pero siento que me ha faltado “ponerle la guinda a la torta” … Podría haber sido un año mejor si hubiera jugado mejor los torneos importantes.
González: Es positivo. Tuve un comienzo de año malo y poco a poco me fui recuperando. Me siento más seguro en la cancha, que puedo hacer más cosas.

Cuál ha sido su mejor torneo del 2006?
M: He llegado a cuatro finales, pero creo que mi mejor torneo de esta temporada está entre Amersfoort y el de Brasil.
G: Toronto, porque lo jugué muy bien. En Cincinnati, también llegué a semifinales, pero estaba más cansado y hubo partidos en que gané sin darme cuenta.

Y el peor torneo?
M: Puede ser en Acapulco, porque me bajé del avión, jugué al otro día y estaba muy cansado.
G: El Abierto de Australia. Llegué con grandes expectativas y perdí con un jugador que venía de la clasificación (el norteamericano Alex Bogomolov)

Como ven lo que queda?
M: Muy bien. No me extrañaría que en los torneos que vienen llegue a semifinales o a una final si logro mejorar pequeños detalles.
G: Las cuatro semanas sin torneos en septiembre me van a servir para enfrentar bien el resto de la temporada, que es la etapa donde uno se juega el Masters.

Cuál es la evaluación que hace del trabajo con su técnico?
M: Estoy muy contento con Gabriel Markus, estoy pasando un buen momento.
G: Con Larry Stefanki los resultados dicen que la evaluación es positiva. Además, me he sentido mucho mejor con el juego que tengo ahora.

Que le divierte hacer en el Tour cuando no está jugando?
M: Me gusta hablar por teléfono con mis amigos. También me gusta ir a los shoppings a comprar. Para algunos tenistas Cincinnati es uno de los mejores torneos, porque se puede jugar golf, pero como a mí no me gusta ese deporte, lo encuentro un torneo aburrido. Me gusta las ciudades grandes, como París, Londres, Nueva York.
G: Depende donde esté, uno intenta conocer ciudades entretenidas, como Nueva York, París, Londres. Además, paso mucho tiempo en Internet.

Cuáles son sus principales amigos en el Tour?
M: Me llevo muy bien con Fernando (González), con (Juan Ignacio) Chela, con Sebastián Prieto. En general con los argentinos y españoles.
G: Me junto con el “Nico” (Massu), con (José) Acasuso, con (Luis) Horna. Pero cada vez hay menos tiempo para juntarse.

Que le parecen los cambios propuestos por la ATP para el 2007?
M: Más o menos no más. No entiendo, por ejemplo, lo del round robin, ya que me gustaría saber qué pasará si un jugador top pierde los dos primeros partidos, ¿qué pasará con el tercero?, ¿le pondrá todas las ganas?
G: Me parece bueno que se experimente con otro tipo de campeonatos, que en el caso del round robin le da otra oportunidad al que perdió el primer día. Sería más entretenido para la gente y le asegura mucho más público a los torneos chicos que tienen tantas figuras.

¿Qué opinión tiene cada uno de la temporada del otro?
M: Fernando ha tenido un buen año, especialmente desde el partido ante Estados Unidos por la Copa Davis. Ha sido una tempoarada muy regular y eso muy válido en este deporte, pese a que no ha ganado ningún torneo.
G: El “Nico” es como de rachas: anda bien y no para de ganar y a veces perdie dos o tres semanas en primera ronda. En ese sentido es un poco irregular. Pero es un gran jugador, que no regala un punto y por eso a muchos no les gusta jugar contra él.

Copa Davis 2007: los dos creen que se puede ganar

Qué esperan de la Copa Davis del 2007?
M: Depende del sorteo. Si nos toca jugar varios partidos de local creo que podemos ganarla. Si nos toca afuera, en pasto o en carpeta ante un equipo como Croacia, por ejemplo, la tendremos complicada.
G: Tenemos que hacer algo mejor que lo que hicimos este año: llegar a cuartos de final no es malo, pero tampoco extraordinario. Estoy seguro de que con el equipo que tenemos podemos hacer mucho más, aunque depende mucho también del sorteo.

Están contentos con Hans Gildemeister como capitán?
M: No soy nadie para ordenar quién debe ser el capitán, pero estoy contento con Hans, con sus ayudantes, con los doctores, con todo el cuerpo técnico.
G: Sí. Me siento muy bien con él, tiene mucho personalidad y sabe bien lo que es jugar Copa Davis por Chile, lo que es muy importante.

Y si es de local, ¿en qué ciudad les gustaría jugar la Davis 2007?
M: Depende del rival. Si es con España nos convendría jugar en una arcilla, pero más rápida. Por el contrario, contra Estados Unidos nos convendría jugar a nivel del mal.
G: Siempre he sido partidario de llevar el tenis a provincias, para promover este deporte. Sería importante darle a la gente de provincia ver tenis de primer nivel.

Como ven el futuro del tenis chileno?
M: Sería irresponsable decir “no hay nadie que juegue bien” o “se están haciendo las cosas mal”, porque no conozco en detalle las cosas que se hacen en Chile. Igual, siempre cuando voy a Chile intento entrenar con los juniors, de ayudarlos y de darles consejos. Ahora sí creo que se debe aprovechar el boom del tenis que hay en Chile, que empezó con Marcelo Ríos y que sigue ahora con nosotros.
G: No conozco a muchos. A Hans Podlipnik lo vi en el torneo de Roland Garros y si bien no ha tenido los resultados de nosotros a esa altura, juega bien. Pero sería una irresponsabilidad calificar el nivel porque no los he visto.

Richard Gasquet/Tomas Berdych/Marat Safin/Tommy Haas/Rafael Nadal/Andy Roddick/Marcos Baghdatis
All the chilean players and some others

"Just give 100 percent.
And that's not just in tennis or sports; that's in life.
If you give 100 percent, you'll have no regrets."
Lleyton Hewitt
GonzoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:17 PM   #478
country flag LOVELY

LOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond repute

Muchas gracias GonzoFan

http://nico-massu.over-blog.com/

Nico Massu

Follow through,Make your dreams come true,Don't give up the fight,You will be allright,Cause there's no one like you in the universe (Muse)
LOVELY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:26 PM   #479
country flag NicoFan

GRACIAS GRACIAS GRACIAS GONZOFAN!

Here's the translation:

The face to face of González and Massú

Balance of the season once finished the US Open

With great part of the year tenístico filed, included the four tournaments of the Grand Slam, the two main national racquets answered a questionnaire where they speak of the good and bad moments of the 2006.

With little more than one month of competence for the two main national racquets, Fernando González and Nicolas Massú anticipate the balance of a season with higher than low, but in which none to been able to raise a trophy.

Which is the balance with the season already very advanced?
Massú: It has been a good year. There are few the players that have disputed four finals, like I, and I am the tennis player with more triumphs in clay. But I feel that has lacked me "to put him the cherry to the torta" … I would be able to have been a better year if I had played the important tournaments better.
González: Is positive. I had a beginning of bad year and little by little I was me recovering. I feel surer in the court, that I can do more things.

Which has been its better tournament of the 2006?
M: I have arrived at four finals, but I believe that my better tournament of this season is between Amersfoort and that of Brazil.
G: Toronto, because I played it very well. In Cincinnati, also I arrived at semifinals, but was more tired and there were matches in which I won without giving me account.

And the worst tournament?
M: It can be in Acapulco, because I descended of the airplane, I played al another day and was very tired.
G: The Australia Open. I arrived with large expectations and I lost with a player that came from the classification (the American Alex Bogomolov)

As they see what remains?
M: Very well. Me would not miss that in the tournaments that come arrive at semifinals or to an end if achievement to improve small details.
G: The four weeks without tournaments in September are going to serve me to face well the remainder of the season, that is the phase where one is played the Masters.

Which it is the evaluation that does of the work with its technician?
M: I am very pleased with Gabriel Markus, I am passing a good moment.
G: With Larry Stefanki the results say that the evaluation is positive. Besides, I have felt me a lot better with the play that I have now.

That entertains him to do in the Tour when is not playing?
M: I like to speak for telephone with my friends. Also I like to go to the shoppings to buy. For some tennis players Cincinnati is one of the better tournaments, because golf can be played, but as to me I do not like that sport, I find it a bored tournament. I like the large cities, like Paris, London, New York.
G: he Depends where I am, one tries to know cities entertained, like New York, Paris, London. Besides, a lot of step time on the Internet.

Which are your main friends in the Tour?
M: I carry me very well with Fernando (González), with (Juan Ignacio) Chela, with Sebastián Prieto. In general with the Argentines and Spanish. G:
Me along with the "Nico" (Massu), with (José) Acasuso, with (Luis) Horna. But each time there is less time to be joined.

That the changes proposed by the ATP seem him for the 2007?
M: More or less not more. I do not understand, for example, that business about the round robin, since I would like to know what will happen if a top player loses the two first matches, ¿what will happen with the third?, ¿will put him all the desires? (Nico )
G: It seems me good that itself experimente with another type of championships, that in the case of the round robin gives him another opportunity al that lost the first day. More it would be entertained for the people and assures a lot more public to the small tournaments that have so many figures.

What opinion has each one of the season of the other?
M: Fernando has had a good year, especially since the match before United States by the Davis Cup. It has been a tempoarada very to regulate and that very valid in this sport, despite that has earned no tournament.
G: The "Nico" is like of gusts of wind: walks well and not for to win and at times losses two or three weeks in the first round. In that sense is a little irregular. But it is a great player, that does not give a point and therefore to many does not like to play against him.

What do they expect of the Cup Davis of the 2007?
M: Depends on the drawing. If it touches us to play various parties of localities I believe that we can win it. If he touches us outside, in pasture or in folder before a team as Croatia, for example, we will have it complicated.
G: We have to do somewhat better than what we did this year: to arrive at the quarterfinals is not evil, but neither extraordinary. I am sure that with the team that we have we can do a lot more, although depends a lot also of the drawing.

They are happy with Hans Gildemeister as the captain?
M: I am nobody to order who should be the captain, but I am happy with Hans, with his assistants, with the doctors, with all the technical body.
G: Yes. I feel very well with him, has a lot of personality and knows well what is to play Cup Davis by Chile, what is very important.

And if it is of localities, ¿in what city he would like to play the Davis 2007?
M: Depends on the rival. If it is with Spain would agree us to play in a clay, but faster. On the contrary, against United States would agree us to play level of evil.
G: Always I have been a follower to carry the tennis to provinces, to promote this sport. It would be important to give him to the people of province to see top-level tennis.

As they see the future of the Chilean tennis?
M: It would be irresponsible to say "there is not nobody that play well" or "the things are being done badly", because I do not know in detail the things that are done in Chile. Equal, always when I go to Chile I try to coach with the juniors, to help them and to give them counsels. Now yes I believe that should take advantage of the boom of the tennis that there are in Chile, that began with Marcelo Rios and that continues now with us.
G: I do not know too many. To Hans Podlipnik I saw it in the tournament of Roland Garros and though has not had the results of us to that height, plays well. But it would be an irresponsibility to qualify the level because them I have not seen.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:52 PM   #480
country flag GonzoFan

GonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond repute

De nada

Richard Gasquet/Tomas Berdych/Marat Safin/Tommy Haas/Rafael Nadal/Andy Roddick/Marcos Baghdatis
All the chilean players and some others

"Just give 100 percent.
And that's not just in tennis or sports; that's in life.
If you give 100 percent, you'll have no regrets."
Lleyton Hewitt
GonzoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote