Nico News and Articles - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-16-2005, 07:48 PM   #31
country flag taysbest

taysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News and Articles

I hope everything works out to a positive ending. I hope all is well with the ankle and all.
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2005, 10:59 PM   #32
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie
Yes - I can imagine it would be but I'm sure he'll be fit and well by then. I have two friends travelling from Europe for the Chile tournament and they will want to see Nico too. Do you live in Vina del Mar?
Yes, I live in Vińa and I will go every day to the tournament

I find other interview:

Massú: " I cannot be happy to win a couple of matchs"

MELBOURNE. - "My forehand, where is my forehand!", there was screaming angered the chilean Nicolás Massú while he was training with a view to his debut on Tuesday in the Australian Open against the frenchman Antony Dupuis.

The demanding Massú was not satisfied for how himthe things were going. Worried? " Not, I am like that ", he said in conversation with the agency DPA. Newly gone out of an surgery of inguinal hernia one month ago and a half, the Chilean does not put excuses, feels strong and he will look for the maximum in the first Grand Slam of the year.

"I am training well and the goals of the tournament is to win it. I have a ranking (18), and because of it I cannot be happy to win a couple of partiesmatchs here and already it is ", he,she affirmed. For the year, only he wants to improve what has, without putting on concrete goals: "I want to win more titles, to being possible of Grand Slam or Masters Series".

The injury might make him take the things with calmer to the beginning of season, but Massú, which he exploited in 2004 with the golden medal achieved in the Olympic Games of Athens, does not give himself truce. " I am with confidence, assurance, with desire and training well, the operation is forgotten ", he affirms trying to cover his displeasure of the training.

But the injury has reduced trainings preparations and he prevented him from taking part still in the tournaments disputed in the first two weeks of the year. "It is obvious that they lower the possibilities ", ends for recognizing, though he stresses: " I come to win and to play what I have ".

Massú disputed rarely the Australian Open. The injuries separated him in several occasions and when he played in Melbourne, he never reached the final phases. But the surface her favors: " In cement I had my better results. I was a finalist in Madrid in 2003 and won the gold in Athens, though always I liked more the clay. I develop myself well in both surfaces ".

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 11:59 PM   #33
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

There was an addition to that article that I was very happy to see - he spoke with Fernando so obviously that lawyer in that other article doesn't know what he is talking about - los chicos are fine...thank goodness!

From emol.com:

The year that begins has a special challenge for Massú: the Davis Cup. In March they will travel to Russia with the dream to arrive far away and that the Chilean team, commanded by the own one Massú and by Fernando González, reach what never before was achieved: to win the contest. The three medals achieved in the Olympic Games and the good results of the two players in the circuit they invite to the hope.

"It will be difficult to play in Russia, but they also respect us and one must go to win", affirms the Olympic champion, that confessed to have spoken with its friend González, happy after conquering the tournament of Auckland.
More than two hours of training and the view put Tuesday in its debut. By then it expects "to find" its right and to give the first step for a successful action in the Australian Open.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 05:20 AM   #34
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan
There was an addition to that article that I was very happy to see - he spoke with Fernando so obviously that lawyer in that other article doesn't know what he is talking about - los chicos are fine...thank goodness!

From emol.com:

The year that begins has a special challenge for Massú: the Davis Cup. In March they will travel to Russia with the dream to arrive far away and that the Chilean team, commanded by the own one Massú and by Fernando González, reach what never before was achieved: to win the contest. The three medals achieved in the Olympic Games and the good results of the two players in the circuit they invite to the hope.

"It will be difficult to play in Russia, but they also respect us and one must go to win", affirms the Olympic champion, that confessed to have spoken with its friend González, happy after conquering the tournament of Auckland.
More than two hours of training and the view put Tuesday in its debut. By then it expects "to find" its right and to give the first step for a successful action in the Australian Open.
That's good news

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 03:54 PM   #35
Kathy

Kathy has a reputation beyond reputeKathy has a reputation beyond reputeKathy has a reputation beyond reputeKathy has a reputation beyond reputeKathy has a reputation beyond reputeKathy has a reputation beyond reputeKathy has a reputation beyond reputeKathy has a reputation beyond reputeKathy has a reputation beyond reputeKathy has a reputation beyond reputeKathy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, that is great news.
Kathy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 06:25 PM   #36
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Physical inconveniences complicate Massú after his victory in Australia

"Afflicted, but happy". This way assures Nicolás Massú feels, after hisvictory in the first round of the Australian Open, before the Frenchman Anthony Dupuis, for 6-7 (7-9), 7-6 (7-2), 6-3 and 6-2. According to the chilean, hissmall competition affected him in the physicist, situation that also complicated him during his début in the contest.

"Newly I started training the day of Christmas, for an operation of inguinal hernia. Until two days ago he did not know if was going to play and though I am not to the hundred per cent, I decided to come and it made me happy ", he confessed after the meeting.

On the pain that he felt in the middle of the match, Massú reported that "I began evil, the forehand was not moving along, but I ended much better. I am lacking in competition and in training, so it did not know how it was going to react. It could have passed any thing".

In any case, the racket number two of Chile does not repent having ratified his presence in the oceanic contest, specially because this way he recaptures confidence in his game. "I have inconveniences in all the sides, but I am glad to have come to Australia, though I had lost". In the second round he will face the German Philip Kohlschreiber, about which he does not know very much, but he does not think beyond: "Only I want to recover well and not to have problems ".

After Melbourne, there will come Massú's favorite tournaments: "Vińa del Mar is my home, then Buenos Aires, also because Argentina is my second homeand there I won my first title. Later, Brazil, the Davis Cup, Indian Wells and Miami. It is important for a tennis player that he likes the tournaments".

Old 01-20-2005, 11:50 AM   #37
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Massú: "Hurts me"

MELBOURNE. - The Chilean Nicolás Massú said goodbye today of the Australian Open, on having left for injury the match of the second round that was facing the German Philipp Kohlschreiber, and affirmed to be "worried".

Massú, eighteenth favorite, retired he was losing clearly, for 6-0 and 2-0. The Chilean felt a crackle in his left foot to the beginning of the match, with 1-0 and 30-15 for the German.

"From there already I couldn't tread, lasted to seeing if I me was passing, but I couldn't ", said the Chilean, grieved.

Massú was on the verge of not disputing the first Grand Slam of the year due to an operation of inguinal hernia to which he surrendered on November 30 and for the one that could neither play nor train even after Christmas.

"Since I started training I suffer an inconvenience in the side of the foot. They said to me that it was an inflammation and that with treatment itwould pass, but the inconvenience today turned into pain ", made clear Massú, which was graphical in his speech: " If before one couldn't stand 4 in a scale from 0 to 10, now I feel 9".

These inconveniences made him retire in Kooyong's exhibition last week, and also he felt them in the first round in Melbourne when he conquered the Frenchman Anthony Dupuis. "Even I surprised that I could play the first match", he revealed, and added: "I was bothering, but I could play, and today in the training I felt also well".

"There is no reason, probably tread badly from the operation. I am going to see what they say to me, but I cannot be still like that. I am worried ", heconfessed.

After almost three months stopped and of starting training he does less than one month to one 40 per cent, Massú will have to continue waiting. "I have patience, but sometimes the pain passes to the head"

Massú confirmed that is in doubt his participation in Vińa del Mar, in his house, in Chile.

Last edited by Fergie : 01-21-2005 at 01:19 AM.
Old 01-21-2005, 11:44 AM   #38
country flag taysbest

taysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond repute

Get better soon Nico!!!
Old 01-21-2005, 11:58 AM   #39
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Default Nico News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60
Oh Fergie I hope he gets better soon for himself and for Vina!
I hope the same ... But If Nico isn't in his 100% I prefer that he don't play and recover good for the rest of the year

Old 01-21-2005, 02:07 PM   #40
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nico News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergie
I hope the same ... But If Nico isn't in his 100% I prefer that he don't play and recover good for the rest of the year
Fergie I have everything crossed for you that you will see him in Vina.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
Old 01-21-2005, 10:56 PM   #41
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Me too Fergie - hope you get to see him.

But agree also that its more important that he's at 100% before he starts playing again. When he said that he was frightened, that was scary for me at least. He also said he needs to rest, and definitely agree that he needs to rest and slowly get his body back into shape.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 11:40 PM   #42
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Thanks Rosie and NicoFan

I have my tickets for the whole week in the tournament, I hope to use them

Old 01-22-2005, 01:45 PM   #43
country flag taysbest

That's a shame!!!
Old 01-22-2005, 03:00 PM   #44
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60
An article from Lun.cl reports that Nico has a stress fracture in the left foot along with tendonitis. He will be out for at least a month and there is doubt that he will play Davis Cup.

Poor Nicolas! Let's hope for a quick and perfect recovery. Get well vibes everyone!
Oh that's bad - I'm really, really sad about this - get well soon Nico

Old 01-22-2005, 11:27 PM   #45
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Nico is out of Vińa, Bs. As and his participation in the Davis Cup is in doubt

This news couldn't be worse