Nico News and Articles - Page 28 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-21-2006, 11:19 PM   #406
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nico News and Articles

Here's the translation.

I'm so happy that he's happy too!

The number two of Chile was shown very satisfied with their victory on Spanish Carlos Moyá and indicated that their good moment and greater experience give large options to conquer to Rubén Ramirez Hidalgo. The voice of Nicolas Massú (37ş) in the dialogue with Al Air Free in Cooperative revealed an enormous satisfaction after the triumph on Spanish Carlos Moyá (41ş), that was worth the step to the semifinals of the tournament of Amersfoort.

The viańmarino considered that this was the best of the three matches that he has played during the week in the Dutch clay, especially by the category of the rival one.

"I had played with him in Buenos Aires (in February), a very long match, where I had lost 7-6 the third, but the truth is that today (Friday) I played very well, I am very pleased. I rose the level regarding the other two matches, to beat him is super difficult, and I am happy to be in semifinals again", indicated Massú in allusion to that by third time is put to the round of the four better.

Massú optimist was shown with what comes in the season, therefore he defends few points from here on.

"I defend almost nothing, if the account is removed only I have the semifinals of Kitzbühel and 4th round of the US Open, later is finished and I do not defend not even a second round. In these moments it remains me to defend 40 points, the difference of the semis and if I continue winning here would surpass it, later quarter round of the US Open remains for me that is quite difficult, but later nothing more", indicated.

"I believe that the year has been very positive, would be able to have been a lot better if in the large tournaments had played better, but sadly I did not play so well and I had evil luck in the draw. But I am well, I left over there in the ATP as the player that more matches has won on clay and that leaves me very happy", added.

The adversary of the Olympic champion by the step to the end of Amersfoort will be Spanish Rubén Ramírez Hidalgo (62ş), a player that in his judgment has grown enough, but that of all ways trusts in defeating.

"Today I saw him play, he is very well, solid, as all the Spaniards runs a lot and is passing for the best moment of its career. He is not the same player that two years ago behind, but I am playing well, the court is fast, the ball is flying a lot and I believe that perhaps I have more winning shots and that is important in a semifinal and above all I have the experience of to have played already several semifinals", analyzed Massú.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2006, 04:46 PM   #407
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Interview with Hans in Radio Cooperativa:

Fratricidal sorrow they will have this week the Chilean Fernando González (13ş) and Nicolas Massú (40ş) in the Masters Series of Cincinatti, where the two better national racquets will collide in the first round in a match that according to the captain of the team of Cup Davis, Hans Gildemeister, will be closed since they are known by memory.

"It is a difficult match and that have them touched in the first return is evil, because one remains on the road immediately. They are players that are known a lot, of very small that they are playing together, thus is that is a match that either can win, in spite of the fact that Fernando has had better results in the last two tournaments. But Nicolas knows the enough", the former number said 12 of the world in dialogue with Cooperative.cl

"It is a tight match, above all because Fernando can come a little tired of the tournament of Toronto (he arrived at semifinals), but he is a good match level and Nicolas, despite to have lost in the first return before (Rafael) Nadal, a very good encounter did him", added the coach of the players in Cup Davis.

Gildemeister explained that each time that have collided Massú and González have starred in stable matches.

"Provided that they have played among them, have played close matches and Nicolas won in the last one in Vina when the favorite was Fernando, so any he can win", he declared.

It consulted regarding if a special motivation exists by playing before a countryman abroad, Gildemeister explains that "one is playing for the points, trying to rise in the ranking, but they are very friends and they are going to treat of doing a good tennis match, where sadly he has to gain one just, but obviously he is not good that have him touched in the first return".

"One wants to try to show that is playing better than the other, and that is normal", explained.

Plan 2007 for Cup Davis

With relation to the edition 2007 of the contest by the Davis Cup, Gildemeister declared that is found working to the wait of the drawing that carried out the International Confederacy (ITF) after the repechajes to be played in September.

"I have spoken with Nicolas and Fernando, also with the Confederacy (of Chile), and we are expecting the drawing that will be in September. We are 10 in the ranking and we would be able to remain nine, for which we would not be head of series and would touch us with three teams at home and there is to see with who touches us to seek where we would play", explained.

"One must plan with time. With United States, Australia and Russia would be in Chile, and with Argentina, of visit, and the others in drawing. France, Spain and Germany... depends a lot of the drawing, and if the luck helps us we can play here and that gives us more possibilities", sentenced the captain, that was shown in agreement with the performance exhibited by the national tennis players.

"I am very please by the level that are showing Fernando and Nicolas, and Paul (Capdeville) that has had good tournaments, as in Los Angeles", said. (Cooperative.cl)
Old 08-14-2006, 05:10 PM   #408
country flag kidnicky
Could it be any harder...

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the article NicoFan .... woow! is good to read that finally Hans said something good about Nico and that he's giving to him good chances for this match, and I agree, the advantage that Nico has is that both of them know each other pretty well and it's true, Fernando was favorite in Vińa and I guess that it's favorite again now for the great weeks that he has had ... anyway we'll see what happens, I just wish that some miracle would happen to avoid this match but it doesn't seem to happen

And again Hans saying that Nico did a great match against Rafa, if Hans said it then it was more than a good match for Nico .... he could do it! I believe in you Nico!!!

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini
The second thing that gets better with age

kidnicky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 05:16 PM   #409
country flag NicoFan

And he said also that Fernando might be tired. I had thought the same thing. Fernando has played in 3 straight tournaments where he's done well. And he usually takes time off after 2-3 tournaments. So we'll see - time will tell.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:30 PM   #410
country flag kidnicky

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

yes, time will tell but just for the record ... Fernando, Nico really needs a win this time so I'm sorry to be rooting against you but Nico is Nico

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 08-14-2006, 06:33 PM   #411
country flag zine56

zine56 has a reputation beyond reputezine56 has a reputation beyond reputezine56 has a reputation beyond reputezine56 has a reputation beyond reputezine56 has a reputation beyond reputezine56 has a reputation beyond reputezine56 has a reputation beyond reputezine56 has a reputation beyond reputezine56 has a reputation beyond reputezine56 has a reputation beyond reputezine56 has a reputation beyond repute

if Nico wins i'll have to kill him myself... i'm still on the "Pick'Em" Contest

Gonzo-Truba & Ljuba-Truba Dance!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydDi2...eature=channel
---------------------------
humildad (3) vence a soberbia (1) otra vez....

humildad 1 - soberbia 0

humildad (6) viola a soberbia (1) en la paz

zine56 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 06:43 PM   #412
country flag NicoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zine56
if Nico wins i'll have to kill him myself... i'm still on the "Pick'Em" Contest
I think Nico winning is a little more important that your Pick 'Em contest.

His entire rest of the season depends on what happens in Cincy and the US Open.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:01 PM   #413
country flag kidnicky

Sorry Zine but if you want to kill him for winning, then you'd have to pass over my dead body before doing that ... and since I want him to win this so much because he needs it so much, you can count that you'd have to kill me before killing Nico

Yes .... I'm a big Nico's fan and I love it

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 08-14-2006, 08:11 PM   #414
country flag zine56

zine56 has a reputation beyond reputezine56 has a reputation beyond reputezine56 has a reputation beyond reputezine56 has a reputation beyond reputezine56 has a reputation beyond reputezine56 has a reputation beyond reputezine56 has a reputation beyond reputezine56 has a reputation beyond reputezine56 has a reputation beyond reputezine56 has a reputation beyond reputezine56 has a reputation beyond repute

great... i try to make a funny comment and got bashed by the Nicofans... ... "chillax" girls ... God knows what he's doing.... who knows? maybe Nico can win this or do better in the next tournament and if is not meant to be this season will be the next season.... as long Nico and Gaby keep up the good work the results will come... we all know that...

humildad 1 - soberbia 0

Last edited by zine56 : 08-14-2006 at 08:13 PM.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:36 PM   #415
country flag kidnicky

I know Zine and believe it or not, I'm more calmn now than I was when the Vińa match .... I just want that these kind of matches would never happen again and I know that Nico will be at the top again is just that it's so frustrating to see that the bad luck in draws, ruins all the hardwork that he has done this year, anyway the best of luck for Nico tomorrow!

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 08-14-2006, 11:24 PM   #416
country flag zine56

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidnicky
.... I just want that these kind of matches would never happen again
i know! ... a part of me says ...

"uh! another draw for Nico"....

And the other side of me (the chilean fanatic) says

"this is going to be a great battle... i can't wait!!! "

humildad 1 - soberbia 0

Old 08-14-2006, 11:30 PM   #417
country flag kidnicky

I'm more agree with the first part of you Zine .... and I know that it's going to be a great match but still I'd preffer not to have both of them facing each other, is just not fair

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 08-16-2006, 03:02 PM   #418
country flag NicoFan

From latercera.cl:

Nicolas Massú did a space wets fault (???) after falling for a double one 6-4 before Fernando González in the first round of the Masters Series of Cincinnati, al to assume that is being mistaken in moments that should not do it.

"I am playing well enough, but something is passing me and I have to correct it. In the important moments I am myself equivoando, I am playing well and in the points I play badly", began saying.

"I mistake me two or three exactly important times and I lose the match, as passed me today. I had a break point and fail in some easy balls. I have to improve that because there I am losing", continued in its story.

Nevertheless, the "Vampire" was shown confident in raising head in the tournaments that come in front. I am not with luck, but the luck is sought and I I am seeking it".
Old 08-16-2006, 04:04 PM   #419
country flag zine56

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan
From latercera.cl:

Nicolas Massú did a space wets fault (???)
Nico did a clear "Mea Culpa" <--- "My Faults" (like an Introspection)

humildad 1 - soberbia 0

Old 08-16-2006, 04:19 PM   #420
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys. Don't know whether this is the right thread to put this in - but a friend of mine who was in Cinci this last few days, tells me that Gaby Markus was working with Marat Safin there She didn't get a chance to ask him if this was a permanent thing or whether he was just helping Marat out for one tournament - but I thought you would like to know. Don't get too stressed though - I'm sure it doesn't mean that anything is wrong between Gaby and Nico - he was just helping out I expect.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote