Nico News and Articles - Page 26 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-14-2006, 07:45 PM   #376
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nico News and Articles

Viva Chile It must be killing you to be that close but not be quite able to go. It doesn't sound like its being managed very well. And why on indoor carpet??? I can't imagine that is a surface Marcelo likes let alone Nico... still, I hoping for some good pics from the match.

At least there is some good news-a sb with coopertiva-thanks for that info Kid!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2006, 09:23 PM   #377
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Viva Chile...so sorry you can't go.

And carpet??? That makes sense.

And here's the translation of the Radio Cooperativa article:

Marcelo Rios and Nicolas Massú fix their "outstanding account"

To the 10:00 p.m., the former number one of the world and the campéon Olympic they will dispute an exhibition in the Municipal Gymnasium of Conception, a match that could not be summarized in the tour of farewell of the left-handed one.

In 2004, an injury impeded Nicolas Massú to face Marcelo Rios in the tour of farewell of the former number one of the world and this Wednesday the viñamarino and the left-handed one of Vitacura they will fix that outstanding account in the Municipal Gymnasium of Conception. Follow the match in the Virtual Scoreboard of Cooperative.cl.

10:00 p.m. is the appointment in the Eighth Region to see face to face al Chilean that higher has arrived in the ranking ATP and al Olympic champion.

In the professional circuit only once this collision could be seen. It was in the first round of the US Open in 2000, with victory of Rios for 6-3, 7-5, 1-6 and 7-6 (6).

Nicolas Massú is located at present in 32º place in the rankings of the ATP and is prepared to initiate the next week the season of grass in a tournament of exhibition in Buckinghamshire, in order then to continue in Wimbledon.

Marcelo Rios will reappear August 8 in Portugal in the Merrill Lynch Tour of Champions for seniors, which heads after to have earned the two first of the four contests disputed up to now. (Cooperative.cl)
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 11:46 PM   #378
country flag *Viva Chile*

*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute

It seems that MEGA will show the match, at least I will see the match on TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
Take that you bitch. In your face. And to top it off her son, Novak went out in the 3rd round, has been leapfrogged by Murray in the rankings and is only a little bit ahead off Juan Martin In yo face, biatch.
*Viva Chile* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 12:39 AM   #379
country flag +alonso

+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Viva Chile*
Yes, he is playing in my city (Concepción) today (well, I study here, but I'm from Puerto Montt, a southern chilean city)

Ther bad thing is that I don't have money to go
And there's a very rainy day today in Concepción, and also think that the producers are not making a good job to promote the exhibition, personally I don't know of anyone that will go to the exhibition

Well, I finish my job at 6 p.m and the tickets will be selling till 7 p.m and for this I found very difficult that I could go "La tortuga de Talcahuano" stadium where the match will be played is far from where I study and live... and second, the tickets are selling in a department store, not in the stadium. It will be started too late and the locomotion is not the best (I remember when I'd go to the Feña-Nico exhibition 2 years ago after the olympics)

And for Zine56: the match will be played in indoor carpet (and a very bad carpet IMO sponsored by Chiledeportes )
Hola Felipe
Waa! Eres de Puerto Montt? Loco, Me encanta esa ciudad , y hmm sii que mala que no puedas ir :sad, Iwal como que la Tortuga queda leeejos y más ensima tarde y con Lluvia/Frio/Viento de Conce? Yo demás iría pero tendría que ser programado y onda me tomaría el día!
Tenís que tomar un sin fin de micros. Apenas se llegar al Plaza del Trebol de la casa de mi tía en San Pedro y sería
Old 06-15-2006, 12:57 AM   #380
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

I just looked at the mega site to see if I could get a live stream...and its only for people who live in Chile.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:19 AM   #381
country flag +alonso

+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan
I just looked at the mega site to see if I could get a live stream...and its only for people who live in Chile.
Aww I'm sorry Lynn

IMO is a very stupid thing, because Chileans are supposed to have MEGA in their tv's It should be just for foreing people instead of just for chileans.. We already have it!
Old 06-15-2006, 01:21 AM   #382
country flag NicoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Lt*Alonso*Cl>
Aww I'm sorry Lynn

IMO is a very stupid thing, because Chileans are supposed to have MEGA in their tv's It should be just for foreing people instead of just for chileans.. We already have it!
Thanks Alonso.

Yeah, it does seem stupid. It would be one thing if you didn't have it on TV but since you do...
Old 06-15-2006, 01:29 AM   #383
country flag +alonso

I'll try to give you some updates of the match
Old 06-15-2006, 02:35 AM   #384
country flag *Viva Chile*

*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hola Felipe
Waa! Eres de Puerto Montt? Loco, Me encanta esa ciudad , y hmm sii que mala que no puedas ir :sad, Iwal como que la Tortuga queda leeejos y más ensima tarde y con Lluvia/Frio/Viento de Conce? Yo demás iría pero tendría que ser programado y onda me tomaría el día!
Tenís que tomar un sin fin de micros. Apenas se llegar al Plaza del Trebol de la casa de mi tía en San Pedro y sería
No loquillo, al final no se hizo naa en la tortuga (y en todo caso no hay que tomar tanta micro, pero el viaje es enorme), se está jugando en Collao, en el gimnasio municipal no se de donde escuché que iba a ser en la tortuga

En todo caso las entradas estaban bien caras, yo creo porque la capacidad del estadio es bien pequeña.

Finally the match is not playing in "La tortuga de Talcahuano", it's playing in the municipal gimnasium of Concepción, that is a lot more near to my house. But, well the tickets were too expensive for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
Take that you bitch. In your face. And to top it off her son, Novak went out in the 3rd round, has been leapfrogged by Murray in the rankings and is only a little bit ahead off Juan Martin In yo face, biatch.
*Viva Chile* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 01:35 PM   #385
country flag kidnicky
Could it be any harder...

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

Article in cooperativa.cl

Nicolás Massú venció a Marcelo Ríos en una entretenida exhibición

El campeón olímpico se impuso al ex número uno del mundo en un duelo que se extendió por más de dos horas y que deleitó a los espectadores que llegaron al Gimnasio Municipal de Concepción.

En un duelo que dejó un grato sabor a los amantes del tenis, Nicolás Massú (32º de la ATP) derrotó por 3-6, 6-4 y 7-6 (2) a Marcelo Ríos en una exhibición disputada en el Gimnasio Municipal de Concepción y que sirvió para ver el talento aún vivo del ex número uno del mundo, quien le complicó de sobremanera el juego al tenista viñamarino.

Desde un comienzo, el actual número uno del circuito de veteranos sacó a relucir todo su potencial y con un certero servicio, certeros golpes, y sobre todo, mostrando sutiles toques hizo correr al siempre ganoso Massú.

Pese a que se jugaba en un ambiente distendido, engalanado por hermosas jóvenes que actuaron como pasapelotas, el tenis fue parte de un gran espectáculo.

Ríos, con menos físico que su rival, se las ingenió para revertir la situación y con un quiebre en el cuarto juego tomó la ventaja para ponerse 3-1 en el parcial.

Gracias a su servicio, el ganador de 18 torneos como profesional mantuvo la diferencia y después de 37 minutos se quedó con el primer set ante la alegría de los penquistas, que en su mayoría apoyó al zurdo de Vitacura.

Massú no estaba dispuesto a entregar el partido y dejó un poco de lado la broma para comenzar a "jugar de verdad". El campeón olímpico apuró el tranco y así pudo complicar a Ríos, quien entregó su servicio en el cuarto game para ponerse 3-1.

Massú sacó por el set en el noveno, pero Ríos renació y logró el quiebre de vuelta. Se pensó en la recuperación del ex número uno del mundo, pero el viñamarino reaccionó, rompió de vuelta y se quedó con el segundo capítulo en 44 minutos.

En la tercera manga vino lo mejor. Ambos jugadores sacaron a relucir sus mejores golpes, y los remaches, los drops, los largos paleteos y sorpresivos winners engalanaron aún más el show.

El partido se hizo equiparado y ambos mantuvieron su servicio sin darse ventajas, hasta que llegaron al desempate. Hay fue mejor Massú, quien ya no tuvo piedad y se impuso sin problemas por 7-2 para ponerle una atractiva guinda a la torta. (Cooperativa.cl)

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini
The second thing that gets better with age

kidnicky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 10:14 PM   #386
country flag NicoFan

Finally...the translation!:

Nicolas Massú conquered to Marcelo Rios in an entertaining exhibition

The Olympic champion was imposed al former number one of the world in a match that extended for more than two hours and that delighted the spectators that arrived al Municipal Gymnasium of Conception.

In a match that left a pleasing flavor to the lovers of the tennis, Nicolas Massú (32º of the ATP) defeated for 3-6, 6-4 and 7-6 (2) to Marcelo Rios in an exhibition disputed in the Municipal Gymnasium of Conception and that served to see the talent still alive of the former number one of the world for whom him complicated of exceedingly the play al tennis player viñamarino.

Since a beginning, the present number one of the circuit of veterans removed to shine all its potential and with a certain service, certain blows, and above all, showing subtle sounds caused ran al always keen Massú.

Despite that was played in a relaxed environment, decked by beautiful models that acted as pasapelotas, the tennis was part of a great spectacle.

Rios, with less physical than his rival, himself the ingenió to revert the situation and with a break in the room play took the advantage to be put 3-1 in the first set.

Thanks to his service, the winner of 18 tournaments as the professional maintained the difference and after 37 minutes he remained with the first one set before the happiness of the penquistas, that mostly he supported al left-handed of Vitacura.

Massú was not willing to deliver the match and he left a little sideways the joke to begin to "to play truly". The Olympic champion hurried the tranco and thus could complicate to Rios, who delivered his service in the fourth one game to be put 3-1.

Massú removed for the set in the ninth, but Rios reborned and achieved the break of return. Thought himself about the recovery of the former number one of the world, but the viñamarino reacted, broke of return and remained with the second set in 44 minutes.

In the third set came the best. Both players removed to shine thier better shots, and repeat them, the drops, the long paleteos and unexpected winners decked still more the show.

The match caused compared and both maintained their service without being given advantages, until they arrived al breakthrough. There is was better Massú, who no longer had piety and was imposed without problems for 7-2 to put him an attractive cherry to the torta. (Cooperative.cl)
Old 06-16-2006, 03:34 AM   #387
country flag +alonso

Boo I wanted Rios to win Sorry Nicolas
Old 06-16-2006, 04:45 AM   #388
country flag Alx
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Alx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Boo I wanted Rios to win Sorry Nicolas
Alonso
Alx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 06:33 AM   #389
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alx
Alonso

I'm gong to have agree wtih Alx on this! ALONSO!!!!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 01:18 PM   #390
country flag kidnicky
Could it be any harder...

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

boooooooo Alonso!!!! what happened with you?!?!

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini
The second thing that gets better with age

kidnicky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote