Nico News and Articles - Page 24 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-23-2006, 03:00 PM   #346
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nico News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidnicky
Good morning all!

NicoFan I thought that you'd be great as part of Nico's team for all your knowledge in tennis and that you'd take care of him but saying that about having fun with argentine models.... mmmm.... You don't have my vote now for beign in his team at all!!! You'd make him even more spoiled than he already is ha ha!!
Kid!

Oh of course we have to spoil Nico.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2006, 04:34 PM   #347
country flag kidnicky
Could it be any harder...

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan
Kid!

Oh of course we have to spoil Nico.
I know NicoFan but not that much!!! besides he alreayd has enough in that matter by his own, and you'd add more models mmmm no no, I think that Gaby wouldn't want you in Nico's team at all!!!!

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini
The second thing that gets better with age

kidnicky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 11:19 PM   #348
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

From latercera.cl:

It counts Nicolas Massú that has had days extenuantes in Buenos Aires. Next to Gabriel Markus, his coach, the vińamarino carries a week coaching in the capital of Argentina. And he assures that is focused in two large objectives: the ATP of Vina del Mar that Monday is initiated and the matches before Slovakia, that will be disputed between the 10 and 12 of February in the crescent of Rancagua. Today it will be coaching in the City Garden, where last year could not play because of injury and anxious by facing to Dominik Hrbaty and company, in the hardest match than has touched to dispute in the country defending to Chile. But he assumes this challenge of the best possible form.

"It is what time ago we wanted with Fernando (González) : to play with a strong team of localities, where I know that we are favorite before any. Besides that I am very well, very motivated with what comes in the next weeks".

And with more confidence arrives al clash with Hrbaty after conquering it in Auckland, three weeks ago..

I do not know if be so important. If it lost with him do not I know if to have been so determinant neither, above all because was played in another surface. The lesson that bag is that I know what things do him damage, what I bother him and complicates. That I have it very clear. Besides that in Rancagua there will be another environment, with more pressure for us, for which not one must take that match as reference. Hrbaty knows that does not have anything that to lose against us, besides being a player very waiter, that has earned alone series and that comes like subcampeón of the Cup Davis. The times that has come to South America won his singles and even defeated to Gustavo Kuerten (the 2000, in Rio de Janeiro). But Fernando and I also we are waiters.

González has also positive record with Hrbaty..

Clearly and he also knows how to beat him, what permits to be more optimistic on what can happen.

What seems him the form to face the preparation for the match against Chile of the Slovaks? Hrbaty is of holidays and Michal Mertinak is playing tournaments on indoor courts.

Depends on each one. The (Hrbaty) preferred to arrive with a week of anticipation al country and to coach. I perhaps to have done the same thing. Of Mertinak do not I know a lot, but is clear that I bother him a lot the clay and by something is not playing tournaments in this surface. And therefore me do not I worry so much, because I know that in land we are superiors. Hrbaty was more dangerous before in clay and realized that was better in cement. But equal is a very complete player, that can do damage to any and that by something does a pair of years did semifinals of Roland Garros (1999) and was finalist in Montecarlo (2000).

With Karol Beck changed a lot the panorama?

Perhaps in the double he could mark an important difference, but in the singles not so much, because does neither he play in clay. As he said before: if this match was played on hardcourts or in any fast court, all would be different. But more important we are we. I, and I know that Fernando also, I will not leave to pass this opportunity that a long time ago deserved and that was not given before certainly circumstances. If we win, we would be able to face to United States (plays against Rumania of localities) there and would be a great challenge for us. I come expecting an opportunity thus a long time ago and if is given us, one must take advantage of.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:27 PM   #349
country flag NicoFan

From terra.cl:

Before the injury in the right shoulder of Fernando González, Massu is called to be the referring one of the Chilean team against Slovakia.

After coaching eight days in Buenos Aires, with a view toward Cup Davis and to the Latin-American tour of the male circuit, the national tennis player Nicolas Massú, located in the place 61 of the ATP, conversed with Terra.cl on its next challenges.

"I feel well and the things have to go giving. I feel capable to do something seemed to that business about the year 2002, as when I won Buenos Aires and I did semifinals in Vina. I hope be better than that business about that season", expressed.

The second better player of the country will participate in Vina del Mar the next week. After the Chilean tournament, will be part of the team of Cup Davis that will face to Slovakia.

González will arrive diminished al challenge with the Europeans by an inconvenience in the shoulder. The vińamarino feels prepared to assume the leadership.

"If the case was given, I am willing to assume the leadership. We are two players that have the same experience. We have lived the same phase and always we have supported ourselves in complicated moments", assured.

Massú does not erase of his memory some moments in which the two needed the other.

"When we play the end of double in Athens, he was very tired and I was better physically. In semifinals, was at the reverse", finalized.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:29 PM   #350
country flag NicoFan

From latercera.cl:

"I will fight to win this tournament until I retire"

To this same height of last year, Nicolas Massú was passing it nothing of well. A rebellious injury in the right foot caused be lost him all the season of South American clay, that is where better feels the double Olympic champion.

"It hurt me a lot not to be here last year. Almost always I have had problems to arrive well to Vina. Myself agreement that the 2001 I had to withdraw (before Francisco Clavet) and the 2003 also I was ready of play not (lost before Gastón Gaudio in the first round). Last year I could not be, but I believe that now will be different", the national tennis player says.

In what does he base all his confidence?

I know that there are very few players that arrive so well coached as I. Barely I lost in Australia in singles I opted for play not the double and to leave to coach to Buenos Aires, in clay. Therefore I believe that I arrive in very good conditions and what I lack today is to win matches to recover the confidence. Physically I am very well and I am very motivated.

What so important is for you to win the tournament of Vina?

Is fundamental. It is my city, where I was born and where I raised me. Do neither I be going to pressure me, because I know that in some moment he will be given. And I am going to fight to win this tournament until I retire.

It believes that arrive in good conditions to surpass the best action than has in Vina (semifinals 2002)?

I believe that now I arrive a lot better prepared, in every sense. I have grown like the player and I have lived many things, as to have earned a lot more important tournaments than that of Vina, as that of Kitzbühel (Austria) or the same Olympic Games. Before was all new for me. Now not. I know to handle a lot better certain situations than many times are fundamental to obtain good results.

Which they are their favorite to win the championship this year?

Good, it comes Gastón Gaudio to renew the title. Fernando (González) is playing very well and I also, that I arrive with many desires to do the things well.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:53 PM   #351
country flag enqvistfan

enqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond repute

Nico visited children at the hospital of Vińa showing his human side
Here's a free translation. Hope there won't be a lot of mistakes

http://www.cl.terra.com/tenis/intern...EI6224,00.html

The second national racket went to the Hospital Gustavo Fricke, Vińa del mar, showing his human side.

January 31. - The national player, Nicolas Massu, had a free time in his busy sport agenda, he had a space in his been busy sport agenda, he visited the wing of the Pediatric service, of the hospital Gustavo Fricke, of the "city garden", where he visited 37 children, affected by diverse pathologies, interned in the welfare center.

Massú arrived a few minutes after 12.00 where he and Jaime Fillol met the mayor of Vina del mar, Virginia Reginato. They visited the 5th floor, where they shared gifts and smiles, of Unicef, with children who were on intermediate and postnatives cares, received with full of joy, the double olympic medalist of Athens.

The most exciting moment of the day, was when the "Vampire" entered in the area where 7 children, aged 9-14, suffers from cancer, recognised the former top ten player, they gave him a lot of affection. Then, one of them, who requested to keep his identity, recognised that Massu was his idol, the player from Vina del mar, had a spontaneous smile and hug him, gave him a "polera" from the UNICEF and a cap of the Movistar Open 2006. Finally, when he finished the visit, he affirmed that " to tell you the truth, it was an honor for me to be there, it's something incredible. When, you are in the scope of tennis, you don't have a lot of time to participate to those events and in the life, there are things which are important and it's something that I'm proud".

"These children are bad and the truth is that the real problems are here. To win or lose a match, doesn't have any influence on the life and to see the children here who fight to come out. I saw it two years ago and whenever I can, I continue doing it", said the "Vampire"

Fernando Gonzalez & Carlos Moya

Para siempre Gonzo

Still supporting you, vamos
enqvistfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 07:55 PM   #352
country flag NicoFan

Thanks for the article Val - sounds like he was really affected by the visit. And its really great for the kids to be able to meet their heros.

A for Nico.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:38 PM   #353
country flag enqvistfan

enqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond repute

Another article about Nico with the children, from las ultimas noticias
Attached Images
File Type: jpg massu_con_ninos.jpg (163.4 KB, 11 views)

Para siempre Gonzo

Old 02-01-2006, 06:43 PM   #354
country flag NicoFan

Thanks Val!

You're better at finding these articles than I am!

Love that picture - what a sweet picture.

Feel so bad for those kids - a little baby and ill. Very sad.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:31 PM   #355
country flag enqvistfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan
Thanks Val!

You're better at finding these articles than I am!

Love that picture - what a sweet picture.

Feel so bad for those kids - a little baby and ill. Very sad.
you're welcome when I search articles about Fernando, if there's something about Nico, I post. For your information, there are many pics of Nico (go to Solido Massu debut en Vina del mar), on canal13.cl website, go to "ver galeria". I found about 50 pics of Fernando today

Para siempre Gonzo

Old 02-01-2006, 08:05 PM   #356
country flag NicoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by enqvistfan
you're welcome when I search articles about Fernando, if there's something about Nico, I post. For your information, there are many pics of Nico (go to Solido Massu debut en Vina del mar), on canal13.cl website, go to "ver galeria". I found about 50 pics of Fernando today
Thanks for the tip! I'll look tonight. I always forget about canal13 when they are home.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:07 AM   #357
country flag kidnicky
Could it be any harder...

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

Me too I always forget about canal13

Thanks for the tip and the article Val

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini
The second thing that gets better with age

kidnicky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 01:04 AM   #358
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the articles on Nico and the kids Val and the remimder to check canal 13!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 01:17 PM   #359
country flag NicoFan

From latercera.cl:

By this same date of last year, Nicolas Massú did not want to know anything of tennis. Even, in a visit to promote to one of its sponsors in the "City Garden", al vińamarino was seen him of very badly humor, every product of a rebellious wound that had it far away of the courts during the first quarter.

"In that epoch did not be able neither to jog and was seeing the matches by television. Therefore it is a merit everything that I am doing now", commented the Chilean after its victory on Wednesday before Juan Antonio Marín. Today, the things have changed. According to him, physically is in perfect conditions and with many desires to be again the player that al arrived number nine from the world the 2004. And that it is noted him in the matches and in the practices that carries out daily in the The Salinas Club.

Massú left sideways evil humor with which was seen him in the training. And sample a totally different image, therefore time is given to do jokes and to be taken the things of a lot more light form. Besides, in the court him is seen with greater serenity and no longer itself is criticized. And its own coach, Gabriel Markus, note this change in its directed.

"I see him more tranquil than in passed epochs. No longer it has the pressure to show things as he felt him when he was among the better", he explained his coach, perhaps also head in this new attitude that is having the "Vampire" to face his career.

The Argentine coach also speaks of the maturity of a player that last year passed it very badly and to whom his income among the better tennis players of the planet was also him very difficult.

"Nico has a very changing personality. At times is very up and at times down. When it saw that its ranking descended, obviously that was frustrated and the confidence descended him, but neither one must dramatize so much. All the players can pass for a bad year and to have falls in the classification. Now we are in a process to recover that confidence to be again up as was it the 2003 and 2004", explained the coach transandino.

According to Markus, this change is not coincidence. "There is a work behind. Nicolas is with a person that is helping it to handle better certain complicated situations and that has served him. Also one must understand that each player has its own time of ripening and I think that 'Nico' is evolving in this aspect. Today it feels well physically and without problems to develop its tennis, what is very important", finalized "Gaby", who three seasons ago carried to that Massú had its great takeoff in the professional circuit.
Old 02-03-2006, 04:28 PM   #360
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for posting the article Nicofan. (I'm having trouble with the msn site and knew I'd find it here too ) Good to hear he's joking and enjoying himself again after last year at this time. And I had to smile when Gabby mentioned that Nico had a changing personality-it so good to know he has a coach that knows and understands him.

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote