Nico News and Articles - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-04-2005, 07:37 PM   #211
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nico News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidnicky
Don't worry I'm trained in this and I can vote like millions of times everyday

Vote for Nico yeay!!!
I'm going to make everyone in my department vote and all my friends and relatives.....I'll make everyone loco about it...

James is going to be the tough one to beat. With his come back story, all those Americans who will vote.

So we'll just have to try double hard...
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2005, 08:14 PM   #212
country flag kidnicky
Could it be any harder...

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan
I'm going to make everyone in my department vote and all my friends and relatives.....I'll make everyone loco about it...

James is going to be the tough one to beat. With his come back story, all those Americans who will vote.

So we'll just have to try double hard...

I'll do the same thing, although like I told you, I'm trained in that and I can vote hundreds of times everyday

Maybe James will be tough but no offense, the american fans are not as crazy as the latin fans!!! So if this poll will be "fair", we'll give to Nico that wild card!!

Vote for Nico!!!!

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini
The second thing that gets better with age

kidnicky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 02:51 AM   #213
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

I hope this is true - I'm really worried about him...

From latercera.cl:

Calm in spite of the last four losses in the first round of the tournaments in which has participated, the national tennis player was shown Nicolas Massú, who indicated that he is not necessary to do so much emphasis to the situation, therefore quick he will have again good results.

The second national racquet was shown a little uncomfortable by the reaction of the national media, in the sense to give him a greater cover to its last actions.

"Not one must put him so much color neither, I believe that they put him more color of what is. Myself am more calm than nobody and when return my level I am going to win again", indicated the "vampire" al program Al Air Free of Cooperative Radio.

Of the same form, the Olympic champion indicated that in spite of the bad results itself there is not low, owed al difficult year that has touched him to face.

"I am for nothing low, to the contrary I take the things in positive form. It is thus win or is lost, has been a difficult year for me for all the injuries that have had and I expect to return with all the next year, but I am very calm", finalized.

Massú will begin the next week its participation in the Basil Open, tournament where should defend 110 units by to have arrived at the semifinals in the previous version.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:10 AM   #214
country flag NicoFan

He's calm, and I'm stressed...lol!

And he's out having fun at a Real Madrid game while I'm worried about him!

Well, he's obviously waiting for next year to comeback so Nico sweetie do the best you can for the next two tournaments.

Love ya!

This boy is going to make me completely loca...

From Radio Cooperativa:

Since the box of the Stadium "Santiago Bernabéu", the viñamarino relativized its badly moment and said that "no one must put him so much color" with its consecutive routs in initial phases, included the Masters Series of Madrid.

The Chilean one Nicolas Massú (49º) criticized the emphasis that it he has been given to his badly moment tenístico, reflected in four consecutive routs in the first round of different tournaments, and even he compared him with a similar gust of wind of the American Andy Roddick (3º).

In dialogue with Al Air Free in Cooperative since the box of the Stadium "Santiago Bernabéu", where witnessed the victory of Real Madrid before Rosenborg by the League of Champions, Massú indicated that he does not worry especially the negative path by the one that has traveled during September and October in the circuit ATP.

"No one must put him so much color neither, I believe that they put him more color of what is. Myself am more calm than anybody and when return my level I am going to win again. They are three match (N. of the R: are four), Roddick has lost three first rounds and nobody speaks of Roddick, but in Chile he is spoken a lot that I have lost in the first rounds", maintained.

Massú lost in the premiere of Palermo, Metz, Stockholm and the Masters Series of Madrid, while the American aimed by the number two of Chile fell three times in the début in the last four contests disputed (Montreal, US Bid for and Madrid), although in the middle arrived at the end in the is Super Nine of Cincinnati.

The viñamarino assured that is very calm and confident in which will take up again its better level in 2006.

"I am for nothing low, to the contrary I take the things in positive form. It is thus earns or is lost, has been a difficult year for me for all the wounds that have had and I expect to return with all the next year, but I am very calm", affirmed.

Its optimism is based also in the good work that said to be complying with his coach, the Argentine Gabriel Markus.

"Very calm with that, by the team that I have by my side and to give him for ahead not more, thinking about the two tournaments that remain", indicated.

By way of balance, Massú justified its irregular season to the physical problems that had and emphasized that in spite of that continues put among the 60 first of the world.

"Him it cannot be asked to a human being that with an operation and a serious injury in the ankle can be in perfect conditions. But any tournament in which I played well in all the year, or more or less well, I believe that shows the level in which I can play. Being maintained among the 60 of the world with three or four tournaments is not easy", he assured.

The Olympic champion will play the next week in Basil and only in case of arrive not at semifinals will be able to dispute the classifications of the Masters Series of Paris-Bercy, since by try not a contest of greater category that the Swiss tournament, cannot opt to a special exempt.

The other option for Massú would be to expect that run the list to enter directly al main picture. (Cooperative.cl)
Old 10-20-2005, 03:22 AM   #215
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

I don't like too much this words ... I miss our fighter boy, who looked angry when loses a match

Now seems like Nico feel good only playing, without mattering if he does it well or badly

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 12:58 PM   #216
country flag NicoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergie
I don't like too much this words ... I miss our fighter boy, who looked angry when loses a match

Now seems like Nico feel good only playing, without mattering if he does it well or badly
I know...I thought the same thing too.

Its like he's just playing out the year.

And that's not good.

I miss our fighter too!!!

I guess he's satisified to end up 60+ for the year - and that makes me sad too.

Though in his defense - he's been through so much this year. There's just so much mental stress a person can take before they either go loco or have to walk away for a bit. And I'd rather see him walk away for a bit than go loco.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:13 PM   #217
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Well I am back home now and back at work , and the only thing I can add to your comments from my own experiences, is that Nico did look very sad after the Chela match - but not at all angry - more resigned to the loss if you see what I mean. I happened to be walking out of the door at the Hotel when he was coming back in on Monday afternoon - his head was down and he didn't look up or smile at anyone around like he usually does - he just kind of shuffled past me and my friend and obviously looked like he wanted to be left alone He wasn't with Ganby - strangely enough he seemed to have travelled back to the Hotel from the venue with Chucho Acasuso and his coach - but they were chattering and laughing together and Nico didn't seem to be "with threm" if you see what I mean - probably just shared a lift back because they all wanted to leave at the same time. He had certainly stayed at the Venue a long time after the match finished because I was already back at the Hotel and had eaten some food before he returned. I would like to see the fighter back too - it was sad to see. Anyway - sorry to be depressing - i had better finish my lunch and do some work now - starting earning some money for me next tennis trip.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more

Last edited by *Ljubica* : 10-20-2005 at 01:16 PM.
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 01:52 PM   #218
country flag NicoFan

Thanks Rosie.

I didn't think that Nico was as "calm" as he claims. He usually downplays his problems to the press. In one way I like it because he doesn't offer excuses as to his losses.

I think that he's pretty demoralized right now by everything that has happened this year. And really who can blame him? It has been a very shitty year for him.

And that stuff about once he gets back in form that he'll win - that's probably something that Gaby and his dad are telling him to keep him upbeat. And its true. He will be back.

He needs to go home, relax, and regroup with Gaby.

And the guys pick up rides when they can. Gaby might have been working with someone else - I know that he did at the US Open.

And now I'm very worried about him all over again. He is upset.

Poor Nico.

And here I was being hard on him yesterday...shame on me...
Old 10-20-2005, 03:21 PM   #219
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan
Thanks Rosie.

I didn't think that Nico was as "calm" as he claims. He usually downplays his problems to the press. In one way I like it because he doesn't offer excuses as to his losses.

I think that he's pretty demoralized right now by everything that has happened this year. And really who can blame him? It has been a very shitty year for him.

And that stuff about once he gets back in form that he'll win - that's probably something that Gaby and his dad are telling him to keep him upbeat. And its true. He will be back.

He needs to go home, relax, and regroup with Gaby.

And the guys pick up rides when they can. Gaby might have been working with someone else - I know that he did at the US Open.

And now I'm very worried about him all over again. He is upset.

Poor Nico.

And here I was being hard on him yesterday...shame on me...
Don't be sad - sorry to have upset you. I am sure he will be fine by now.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
Old 10-20-2005, 03:28 PM   #220
country flag NicoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie
Don't be sad - sorry to have upset you. I am sure he will be fine by now.
I wanted to good rep you for updating us for the last couple of weeks but it says that I have to spread the good reps around first...lol!

I'm just worried about Nico - I feel so bad for him knowing that he's upset.

But I'm sure he is fine by now...he doesn't seem to hold on to these things for long.

Just wish he'd get some wins. Even one before the end of the year - it would probably make a big difference.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:15 PM   #221
country flag kidnicky
Could it be any harder...

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

Yes Rosie, thanks again for the reports in the past weeks, is not your fault that Nico was sad.

and you're right NicoFan, I'm sure that he's fine by now, it's been a tough year for him and I'm sure that he'll be back the next year.

So Vamos Nico!!! Buena suerte the next weeks, it would be lovely that he could get some wins before the year is over, not for us just for him.

Love ya Nico

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini
The second thing that gets better with age

kidnicky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 06:42 PM   #222
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Thanks guys - the people over here are so friendly and welcoming and I really enjoy my visits to Nico's Forum. I am sure he will start winning soon - and then when he does - he will never stop....................

Last edited by *Ljubica* : 10-20-2005 at 06:46 PM.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:21 AM   #223
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

An interview to Gaby here, if someone can translate it please: http://www.emol.com/noticias/deporte...noticia=198995

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 01:45 AM   #224
country flag NicoFan

Hey Rosie - Thanks! We aim to please And Nico's nice so his fans s/b too! lol! Hope you're right about his winning...I think so too! Especially with Gaby in control.

Speaking of Gaby: here's the translation for the article (what does "pulir" mean - didn't translate).

The Argentine Gabriel Markus bets on to return Nicolas Massú to the first plan of the world tennis in 2006, in its second phase as the coach of the Chilean player.

"It would interest me to see him among the 20 first, and I believe that it is possible", said today Markus to DPA in Madrid, where Massú fell in the first round this week.

Markus, that was again the coach of Massú in August, after a pause of approximately a year, he trusts in the potential of the Chilean, that came be number nine of the world in September of 2004.

The Argentine received a player "totally without confidence, disorderly in the play and anxious by obtaining results". Massú he was separated of the Patricio Rodriguez in May of this year.

Therefore now he aims at "the emotional regularity". "Nico has many ups and downs, therefore is important that be more orderly in the calendar, is important to rest, that he listens to me as for the planning of the year", explained.

That is him more important so that Markus relance the career of the double medalist of Olympic gold, because in him coach believes that only there are details that pulir.

"I have to try that take confidence in the reverse, and that take advantage of more its remove, that is good", added.

The Argentine recognized that the pressure that bears Massú is from time to time very strong: "In Chile they criticize them a lot, because only there are two players. They are too much slope of them, and that at times affects the player".
Old 10-21-2005, 02:23 AM   #225
country flag +alonso

+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute

True!!

Vamos Nico! You have potential man!
I'm certainly sure I'm going to see Nico next year way better than this one! I want him to grow up as a player more and more..
VAMOS NICOLAS!! You have my support