Nico News and Articles - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-14-2005, 12:48 AM   #196
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nico News and Articles

Nico will have to play the qualy in Madrid

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2005, 05:08 AM   #197
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergie
Nico will have to play the qualy in Madrid

Not the news we wanted to hear. Well, I'm sure Nico will just do what he has to do. From earlier comments he knew this could happen and he would just get on with it.

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 12:34 PM   #198
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

From latercera.cl:

Nicolas Massú said does a pair of weeks that would not have problems in playing the qualifications of a tournament. After leaving the group of the 50 better tennis players of the world, when could not defend the points of Athens 2004 (22 of August), the viñamarino remained exposed to have that to pass for the qualy of the large year end championships. Yesterday the confirmation of the previous thing for the double Olympic champion arrived, who should dispute the classifications of the Masters Series of Madrid, where was a finalist in 2003.

The tournament is played between the 17 and October 24 and for the income the ranking was considered published August 29, before being initiated the US Open. In this classification, the "Vampire" appeared 58º, what left was it the main picture of the Hispanic contest, where the last one in entering was the Rumanian one Victor Hanescu (40º ATP).

The last time that Massú played the qualy of a tournament was in Long Island, August 16, 2003 , when fell in the first round before Moroccan Hicham Arazi.

Gabriel Markus, his coach, last week said that "if Nicolas has to play the qualies will do it without problems".

The small hope exists that Massú play not the qualifications. "We ask a wild card a time ago and we are expecting. As Telefonica promotes the tournament and is also sponsor of Nicolas would be able to open an option, but is difficult, however much have been finalist two years ago", said Manuel Massú, father of the player.

The situation for the second national racquet would be able to repeat in Paris-Bercy (31 of October). For the income al last Masters Series of the season will be taken into account the ranking of September 12, where the viñamarino elevated al place 48º thanks to its action in the Open one U.S. (eighth of end). Nevertheless this advance not him serviriía of a lot, therefore the French contest closes practically in the same place that Madrid, for which al Chilean would neither reach him to be jumped the classifications.

Begins the practices

During the morning of today Massú will begin the practices in the court central of the National Stadium for the match set against Pakistan, after a week of rest in Santiago.

Tomorrow will join with the training Fernando González and Friday will be the official presentation of the team that seeks to return al World Group.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 04:24 PM   #199
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Nico has a cold so couldn't practice today.

Get well soon NICO!

From latercera.cl:

The first day of practices of the Chilean Davis Cup team was not of the all auspicious. Al Court Central of the National Stadium only they arrived the captain of the team, Hans Gildemeister, and the two invited tennis players, Felipe Stop and Jorge Aguilar.

The great absence of the day was Nicolas Massú, who he deferred for tomorrow their income to the practices due to a flu state that affects it.

Gildemeister, in every case, ruled out that this situation can generate some objection in the training. “Nicolas is taking some medicines and still a little weak he is found. He has a little cold. We prefer that he rest today and tomorrow comience the practices with Fernando (González)”, he commented the national captain.

In this way, the two better singlistas of the country will begin together tomorrow his training in Chile, a day before him arranged by the captain Gildemeister, therefore Fernando González had also reported that he had personal objections to be added before on Thursday to the works.

The other two members of the team are Paul Capdeville and Adrián Garcia, who they are found playing a challenger in Orleans, France. Garcia lost yesterday and Capdeville plays tomorrow in the picture of singles, although both will face today a party of double. According to it reported by Hans, both players will travel al country barely termienn their participation in the tournament.

Today in the night, in the meantime, they arrive at Chile the team of Pakistan, rival of Chile in the clash of the 23, 24 and 25 of September. The visiting assembly, nevertheless, does not arrive with the number one Aisam Qureshi, who will be integrated recently Friday.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:10 PM   #200
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Nico, get well soon!

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 11:37 PM   #201
country flag +alonso

+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute

Massú: "Me equivoqué dos veces y perdí el match"

Triste por la derrota de primera ronda en el ATP de Metz evidenció estar el tenista nacional Nicolás Massú, quien manifestó que a pesar del resultado sintió que jugó bien ante un complicado rival.

"Me sentí muy bien, jugue muy bien. La verdad es que nadie quiere jugar con Agustín en el tour ya que es muy impredecible en sus tiros. Me encontré con un jugador con un nivel superior al que pensé", estimó el "vampiro".

Sobre el partido mismo, Massú indicó que quedó satisfecho con su actuación, donde sólo se equivocó en dos oportunidades que en definitiva le costaron el pleito.

"Hace tiempo que no jugaba bastante bien y a veces hay que saber perder. No estoy tranquilo, estoy un poco triste porque perdí dos o tres veces y por eso perdi el partido", sentenció la segunda raqueta nacional.

En las próximas semanas, Nicolás Massú jugará los torneos de Estocolmo, Madrid, Basilea y Paris, con el objetivo de finalizar de mejor manera la actual temporada.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Massu :"I made some mistakes and I lost match"
Sad by the defeat of first round in the ATP of Metz demonstrated to be the national tennis player Nicholas Massú, who showed that in spite of the result he felt that he played well before a complicated rival. "I felt very good on court". The truth is that nobody wants to play with Agustín in tour since is very unpredictable in its shots. I was with a player with a level superior to which pense ' ", the "vampire" considered. On the same party, Massú indicated that it was satisfied with his performance, where was only mistaken on two ocassions that really they cost the lawsuit to him. "For a long time that it did not play enough good and sometimes is necessary to know how to lose. I am not calm, I am a little sad because I lost two or three times and for that reason perdi the party ", sentenced the second national racket. In the next weeks, Nicholas Massú will play the matches of Stockholm, Madrid, Basel and Paris, with the objective to finalize of better way the present season.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:29 AM   #202
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

to Nico. You rock Nico!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 05:54 PM   #203
country flag +alonso

+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute

Masters Series
NICOLÁS MASSÚ COMPETIRÁ EN ENCUESTA POR UNA INVITACIÓN AL TORNEO DE MADRID

Massú llegó a la final el 2003
El chileno, junto al español Alberto Martín, el estadounidense James Blake y el francés Gael Monfils pugnan por un wild card, el cual se entregará por una votación popular que organiza un prestigioso diario español. (TERRA.cl/ Agencias)

MADRID, octubre 04.- Como el actual ranking (47°) no le permitirá ingresar directamente el Masters Series de Madrid, el tenista chileno Nicolás Massú (finalista en 2003) podría obtener una invitación si gana una novedosa iniciativa.

Y es que el certamen entregará un wild card al tenista que consiga más votos en una encuesta que organiza por cuarto año consecutivo el diario Marca.

Además del chileno, los candidatos que compiten por la votación son el español Alberto Martín, el estadounidense James Blake y el francés Gael Monfils.

En el 2003, el viñamarino cayó en la final del torneo madrileño ante el español Juan Carlos Ferrero, cuando el “Mosquito” era el número uno del mundo (6-3, 6-4 y 6-3).

En ese certamen, el campeón olímpico cumplió una de sus actuaciones más notables, dejando el camino a jugadores de la talla de Gustavo Kuerten (en ese tiempo 20° del mundo) y Andy Roddick (2° del mundo en el 2003).

En tanto, los tenistas españoles Fernando Verdasco y Albert Costa recibieron las otras dos invitaciones para el torneo que comenzará el próximo 15 de octubre en el pabellón Madrid Arena del Recinto Ferial de la Casa de Campo

-------------

I can't translate it now.. but Nico will be in a poll and the winner will earn a WC for the MD in Madrid
Let's vote for nico!!!
Old 10-04-2005, 06:07 PM   #204
country flag NicoFan

Here's the translation:

The Chilean, together al Spanish Alberto Martin, the American one James Blake and the French one Gael Monfils fight for a wild card, which will be delivered for a popular voting that organizes a prestigious Spanish newspaper. (TERRA.cl/ Agencies)

MADRID, October 04.- As the present one ranking (47°) will not permit him to enter directly the Masters Series of Madrid, the Chilean tennis player Nicolas Massú (finalist in 2003) would be able to obtain an invitation if earns a novel initiative.

And the fact is that the contest will deliver a wild card al tennis player that obtain more votes in a survey that organizes for fourth consecutive year the newspaper Mark.

Besides the Chilean, the candidates that compete for the voting are Spanish Alberto Martin, the American James Blake and the French Gael Monfils.

In the 2003, the viñamarino fell in the end of the of Madrid tournament before Spanish Juan Carlos Ferrero, when the “Mosquito” was the number one of the world (6-3, 6-4 and 6-3).

In that contest, the Olympic champion complied one of its more notable actions, leaving the road to players of the size of Gustavo Kuerten (in that time 20° of the world) and Andy Roddick (2° of the world in the 2003).

In the meantime, the Spanish tennis players Fernando Verdasco and Albert Coast they received the other two invitations for the tournament that will begin the next one 15 of October.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:08 PM   #205
country flag NicoFan

Latercera is saying to go to www.marca.com, click on Tenis so you can vote.

Maybe I'm going blind...lol!...but I'm not seeing it.

Once we can figure it out, I'll (or whoever sees it first) can start a new thread asking everyone to vote for NICO!

I've asked KidNicky to look at the page (since its in Spanish) and see if I'm missing something. But I really can't see where to vote. I can see on the first page where to vote for something on Real Madrid, but nada on where to vote for Nicolas.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:10 PM   #206
country flag +alonso

I looked and nothing.. i think we will have to wait for the poll..
Old 10-04-2005, 06:10 PM   #207
country flag +alonso

anyways if i find something i'll tell you asap
Old 10-04-2005, 06:11 PM   #208
country flag NicoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Lt*Alonso*Cl>
I looked and nothing.. i think we will have to wait for the poll..
Gracias Alonso!!!! - we'll have to keep checking there.

At least I'm not going blind - and thought my spanish language skills were good enough to pick out a poll! lol!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-04-2005, 06:13 PM   #209
country flag NicoFan

BTW - everyone in Chile has to vote for Nico once this poll comes out - there's millions and millions and millions of votes right there!!! lol!!!!!!!
Old 10-04-2005, 06:25 PM   #210
country flag kidnicky
Could it be any harder...

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

Well I just read about the poll and checked the site but like both of you said "nada" so we have to be checking this everyday and when the poll is out start voting like crazy

So everyone in everywhere has to vote!!!! Don't worry I'm trained in this and I can vote like millions of times everyday

Vote for Nico yeay!!!

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini
The second thing that gets better with age

kidnicky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote