Nico News and Articles - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-12-2005, 12:53 PM   #181
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nico News and Articles

Nico should receive a WC for Madrid

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2005, 01:09 PM   #182
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergie
Nico should receive a WC for Madrid
I had thought about that too because he was a finalist in 2003.

But I think that they will go to all the Spaniards that don't get in the direct entry.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 01:19 PM   #183
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Sure ... We will see some new spanishs losing in first round

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 06:27 PM   #184
country flag +alonso

+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute

I'm happy Coz Nico said "2006 will be the best year of my career" He's very focused on it :wooho:

Yeah, Nico should recieve one!!
Old 09-12-2005, 06:37 PM   #185
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Lt*Alonso*Cl>
I'm happy Coz Nico said "2006 will be the best year of my career" He's very focused on it :wooho:
(
I think its going to be a great year too - Gaby is back, and watching Nico in practice during August and especially at the US Open, he is definitely focused and working really really hard!!!

That's our warrior!!!

Just love this kid...
Old 09-12-2005, 06:38 PM   #186
country flag NicoFan

Hey Fergie and Alonso - Nico was supposed to begin practicing again today. Let us know if you hear any news. Thanks!
Old 09-13-2005, 04:51 AM   #187
country flag kidnicky
Could it be any harder...

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

Yes NicoFan! I'm expecting some news about him returning to practice, I know that I hate when the press is bothering him but is just that I miss him so much!!

And he should receive a WC to Madrid but anyway, I'm so happy now that he's doing okay and pretty confident, like he said, that the next year will be the best of his career!!

yeah I know NicoFan, we adore that kid! lol!

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini
The second thing that gets better with age

kidnicky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 05:27 AM   #188
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope he gets a WC for Madrid also but I do think it says alot about his drive to play the qualies if he has to. I think it was Nicofan who said somewhere that a lot of players in the same situation don't/won't do that. But Nico really seems to have the drive to work his way back up the rankings which is great-he is a warrior! He's got the drive and Gaby back and after his great showing at the USO I think that 2006 will be his best yet.

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 02:31 PM   #189
country flag NicoFan

I re-added how many points that Nico has to defend - wow, higher than I thought - around 350 points. Geez its as bad as the Olympic points. I wish now that he had played Romania - even if he picked up only a few points, it would have been something.

But he's in better shape here, Gaby's back, and as long as he can pick up half of them, he'll be sort of okay.

I'm beginning to wonder here that if he doesn't do well in the first 3 tournaments, that he shouldn't play challengers during the weeks of Madrid and Paris rather than qualifying. Would be a bummer for him to have to do challengers again, but points are points no matter where you get them from. Gaby had originally talked about that, but now they are just talking about qualifying - I'm assuming since Nico improved so much and did so well during the US Open.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:39 PM   #190
country flag NicoFan

On the bright side though , in 2006, with the exception of Gstaad, Amersfoort, Kitz, and the US Open, Nico will have like ZERO points to defend all year.

So no matter how far he falls this year....he can only go up in 2006.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:28 PM   #191
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

So much strategy involved! I know so little I'll just have to trust the decisions they make and again so glad he has Gaby to advise him. And I guess the upside of the first half of this year is that it means no pressure for him at the same time next year so like you said Nicofan his rank can only go up! I guess for the rest of year I just want Nico to be able to play his best where ever that is.

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 05:08 PM   #192
country flag NicoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparko1030
I'll just have to trust the decisions they make and again so glad he has Gaby to advise him.
I got bummed about it, and then remembered...Gaby is back! Don't have to second guess every decision anymore...lol! And feel loca about everything...

And as long as Nico stays healthy, feels good on the court...practices shirtless... , I'm happy.

Buena suerte NICO!
Old 09-13-2005, 06:44 PM   #193
country flag GonzoFan

GonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Nico will begin practicing tomorrow (Wendsday)

Richard Gasquet/Tomas Berdych/Marat Safin/Tommy Haas/Rafael Nadal/Andy Roddick/Marcos Baghdatis
All the chilean players and some others

"Just give 100 percent.
And that's not just in tennis or sports; that's in life.
If you give 100 percent, you'll have no regrets."
Lleyton Hewitt
GonzoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 07:09 PM   #194
country flag NicoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoFan
Nico will begin practicing tomorrow (Wendsday)
Thanks GonzoFan!

Took a couple days more than he originally said...hope that doesn't mean that the problem with his leg during the Coria match was more than he thought it was.

But since he will start practicing again, I assume everything is okay.

And he could have just wanted two more days off!
Old 09-13-2005, 08:58 PM   #195
country flag kidnicky
Could it be any harder...

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info GonzoFan, at least we know that he'll be practicing tomorrow again and don't worry NicoFan he only needed the extra days off after such an amazing US Open

About the points he has to deffend, I'm not as crazy as I was for the olympics 'cause know that Gaby is back I know that things will be different for Nico, he's not alone anymore and Gaby and him will take good decisions

So I'm as confident as Nico is about his future and good things could only happen after all this, that's for sure!!

a big VAMOS to Nico!!!

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini
The second thing that gets better with age

kidnicky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote