Nico News and Articles - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-22-2005, 02:12 PM   #166
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nico News and Articles

You're welcome NicoFan & Fergie. I have my tickets booked for the semis & the final. If Nico does as well as Gonzo did 3 years ago, I'll see him live! And I'll take heaps of pics and will share them! Promised!
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2005, 02:17 PM   #167
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choupi
You're welcome NicoFan & Fergie. I have my tickets booked for the semis & the final. If Nico does as well as Gonzo did 3 years ago, I'll see him live! And I'll take heaps of pics and will share them! Promised!
Great

And thanks for the translation NicoFan!

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 02:18 PM   #168
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choupi
Hope you have a great time! And yes, lots of pictures would be very much appreciated! lol! And hope that Fena goes too.

I would love to go to Europe for a tournament this fall but doubt I can do it. Maybe some year.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 12:01 PM   #169
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

A Nice interview with Gaby Markus ... Can you translate it NicoFan please?

http://www.latercera.cl/medio/articu...000791,00.html

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 12:14 PM   #170
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Article from latercera.cl - love the last line!

Al final Guillermo Coria celebrates to it Marcelo Sales (with the recalled gesture of the "Matador") and jumps the network to give him the hand to Nicolas Massú. The viñamarino does not look it and neither its rival one does it, that leaves running toward the sector where was its technical body to celebrate a suffered triumph. Was the end of a "hot" match, the most long one in the present edition of the U.S. Open, with four hours and 32 minutes of play. A match that could have earned the Chilean, but that finished losing for 4-6, 6-2, 7-6 (5), 2-6 and 2-6, with what remained out of the last one Grand Slam of the season.

A stadium Louis Armstrong full saw an exciting match, that included graze among both players, that out of the court always they have had an excellent relation. Nevertheless, yesterday they forgot all kinds of courtesies to offer a match that only was defined in the fifth one set, with a Massú showing physical inconveniences, the ones that were causes of a prohibition among the protagonists.

All went well to the last one set. El Mago remained with the first sleeve al to break in the first play, an advantage that the double Olympic champion managed to revert in the two sets following. The transandino delivered all kinds of licenses with its remove, with a strange one third sleeve in which there were eight break (four for each one) and that was defined in the tie break for Massú. All was served so that the Chilean closed in the fourth one set, but he did not be able.

The viñamarino played the best match of the year. But the physical problems for the national one arrived, who asked the trainer for to be tried in the left thigh. The fifth set began with Massú rengueando. But the Argentine did not believe him and he did him gestures that he was pretending the inconvenience. In the sideways change, between the second and third game, Massú demanded something to Coria and the Argentine, seated in its chair, seemed to tell him that concentrated on its own. The main judge descended of his chair to calm the spirits. From there on el Mago was a lot more fine and he took advantage of the problems of the Chilean, who yielded the decisive sleeve and good-bye said al tournament.

The protagonists continued with the "war" after the match. "Someone of the bank of Massú told me things and he celebrated the points that I he erred". And he shot against Massú. "And good.. Massú already did the same thing to (Nicolas) Lapentti and to (Guillermo) Canes in Düsseldorf. It was prepared to see it renguear and after run all the balls, the transandino said, alluding to that the Chilean was usual to pretend pains.

"I saw an attitude that i did not he like. I asked what happened and he told me 'andá to sit down'. When they do you something thus, the normal thing is that get mad ¿Why al final barely gave me the hand, me did not look at and went? I do not know if will have the clear conscience. I know that I behaved with dignity'', responded the viñamarino.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:44 PM   #171
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a link to an audio interview with Nico from an Argentine on-line newspaper- http://www.infobae.com/interior/home.html There is an interview with Coria there too

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 05:45 PM   #172
country flag NicoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie
Here's a link to an audio interview with Nico from an Argentine on-line newspaper- http://www.infobae.com/interior/home.html There is an interview with Coria there too
Thanks Rosie! I'll listen to it tonight.

Coria...

Something in the New York air - Nico always seems to have "controversial" matches here. No wonder he always plays in Europe...lol!
Old 09-06-2005, 11:01 PM   #173
country flag french-guru

french-guru has a reputation beyond reputefrench-guru has a reputation beyond reputefrench-guru has a reputation beyond reputefrench-guru has a reputation beyond reputefrench-guru has a reputation beyond reputefrench-guru has a reputation beyond reputefrench-guru has a reputation beyond reputefrench-guru has a reputation beyond reputefrench-guru has a reputation beyond reputefrench-guru has a reputation beyond reputefrench-guru has a reputation beyond repute

this does not look friendly this is the oppisite of friendly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Coria&Massu.jpg (36.2 KB, 12 views)
Old 09-07-2005, 01:49 PM   #174
country flag NicoFan

Short interview with Gaby in latercera that has Nico's schedule for the remainder of the year:

From latercera.cl:

The match that Nicolas Massú did to Guillermo Coria left very calm to Gabriel Markus. "For moments played a great tennis before a great player", the coach of the viñamarino said, who after two weeks of work he feels that progresses have been seen. "I have been able to order the strategy, although he still lacks. Yet it is not perfect physically and one must work in that", says Markus.

And the goals? "Nicolas will play Palermo (clay) and from there tournaments indoors (Metz, Stockholm, Madrid and Paris-Bercy), in which himself does not he feel very to flavor. I want that he finishes well physical and tenísticamente. I hope inside the 40, but the ranking imports less".
Old 09-08-2005, 02:50 PM   #175
country flag NicoFan

Nico's schedule for the remainder of the year:

He is definitely going to Palermo, Metz, Stockholm, Madrid and Paris.

He and Gaby haven't decided on the one between Madrid and Paris - whether he'll go to Basel, Lyon or St. Petersburg.

Buene suerte to NICO!!!!!!!!
Old 09-08-2005, 03:34 PM   #176
country flag NicoFan

Coria is claiming innocence now - from latercera.cl:

The Argentine Guillermo Coria said last night that is "I am not a devil, neither a tarado (?)", in reference to its argument with Nicolas Massú, in their match by the eighth of end of the US Open.

"I am not a devil neither a tarado. I react because they seek me, I am not the bad boy", affirmed the transandino after its rout in the quarterfinals before American Robby Ginepri.

"This year only I had problems with (Lleyton) Hewitt and with Massú. But nobody speaks by what did I react with Nico. The he called al trainer, he did gestures of pain, and suddenly he ran from a side to another, three or four shots... that bothered me a little", explained.

"I was who I mistook myself al to enter his play, and to do him mockery", recognized Coria, who had various crossings of words with Massú in the match that Coria won in five sets, Monday, up to now the most long one of the tournament.

"It was a very tense match", added the Argentine, who yesterday had a correct behavior before Ginepri.

"Always I have carried me very well with Nico, and I have no problem in speaking with him", he responded before the question of if he will ask him excuses, just as the Chilean, al to arrive al country, he said to intend.

Passed Monday, when the fifth one he was initiated set between Massú and Coria, the Argentine simulated a rengueo as mockery by the constant gestures of pain of the Chilean. Before this, the "Vampire" approached the network to ask him its colleague "¿what passes you?", discussion that then contininuó during the rest, when the judge of chair had to intervene.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:43 PM   #177
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh poor misunderstood Coria.... Yeah, right.... In yesterday's match with Gineperi Jim Courier(sp) was very critical him and he seems like a fair minded guy to me (unlike Pat Mac). Shame on Nico for having a muscle cramp, calling the trainer and then feeling better. So unbelieveable huh. The first time I watched Coria play I thought this guy is fun to watch but he is such a jerk it doesn't matter. He and Hewitt should start a club for misunderstood jerks of the ATP!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 03:50 PM   #178
country flag NicoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparko1030
Oh poor misunderstood Coria.... Yeah, right.... In yesterday's match with Gineperi Jim Courier(sp) was very critical him and he seems like a fair minded guy to me (unlike Pat Mac). Shame on Nico for having a muscle cramp, calling the trainer and then feeling better. So unbelieveable huh. The first time I watched Coria play I thought this guy is fun to watch but he is such a jerk it doesn't matter. He and Hewitt should start a club for misunderstood jerks of the ATP!
I used to defend Coria, but no more. I thought that since Carla was so nice, that there had to be something in Coria that we were all missing.

Guess not! lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish that Coria would get his act together, because his game is awesome - should be in the top 5 all the time. He moves so quickly on the court - like you said, its a really fun game to watch.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:10 AM   #179
country flag +alonso

+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsansh
38 direct entries in both Madrid and Paris masters.

Entry list for Madrid was determined by Aug 29 ranking.
Entry list for Paris to be determined by Sep 19 ranking.
That means Nico will have to Qualify for these events.. so sorry for him .. if he plays in Bucharest He'll have some chances but we all know that's not gonna happen..
Old 09-12-2005, 12:45 PM   #180
country flag NicoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Lt*Alonso*Cl>
That means Nico will have to Qualify for these events.. so sorry for him .. if he plays in Bucharest He'll have some chances but we all know that's not gonna happen..
Yes, in some ways, its a shame that he's not playing in Romania. I think he didn't because of the exhibition with the Bryan brothers and now that's not happening. But after seeing him in the Coria match, his body needed the break so it I think worked well.

And Gaby is back now - these kind of decisions will be made far better in the future.

Worst case scenario - because he does have a lot of points to defend - I'll have to re-add them but I think its like 300 during the Fall season - is that he drops down to 60-65 by the end of the year.

At the very least, I'm hoping he stays in the top 50.

But my wish is that he can end in the top 40.