Nico News and Articles - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-11-2005, 07:26 PM   #136
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nico News and Articles

BTW - I'm not surprised he's not going to Balstad. Might be for more reasons than appearance money too...Nico really loved that tournament.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2005, 08:54 PM   #137
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan
Lol Cobalt! Yes, does appear papa Massu was telling the truth. Of course, she is gone so maybe the press were on to something.

Rosie - this is Caroline:
Yes - that was the girl I saw with him last year.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 01:07 PM   #138
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Well we celebrated too fast. Gaby doesn't see it as a done deal.

From latercera.cl:

Nicolas Mass˙ intends to return with the Argentine one Gabriel Markus. The father of the player, Manuel Mass˙, commented Friday that was almost a fact that the "German" will be the replacement of Patricii Rodriguez and that only small formalisms they separated them that would fix in Wimbledon, the next week. Thus it would resumed again this relation that already had a first part, that lasted near a year and a half and that finished abruptly in the middle of 2004.

It would not be the first time that the "Vampire" returns with a coach of which he was separated. And the experience did not turn out to be good for the second national racquet.

The vi˝amarino hired al Argentine Pablo Martin in February of 2001 and they finished in the middle of that same season. The coach transandino said in its opportunity that "Nicolas has the head in any part and while itself not focus in their profession will fail to leave evil moment that crosses". The things finished badly. Both they tried to recompose the relation and they joined again in the middle of 2002. All was broken after three months "by insurmountable problems", as commented the Chilean.

With Markus, the double Olympic champion finished well publically, but the coach transandino did not endure more the personality of the national one. It was bored of its tantrums. Today, the coach says that he has no problem with the "Vampire" and that would charm him to return with him and he trusts in which is the person indicated to set right his career, who has a second very complicated semester.

Markus clarifies

Of all forms, yesterday the former coach of David Nalbandian and Guillermo Coria, of the maximum values of the Argentine tennis, al left step of the statements of Manuel Mass˙, who almost gave for fact the union.

"The unique thing that can say is that still we have to converse with 'Nico'. I read that Manuel said that I agreed the exclusive demand to be a coach, what is difficult, because I have a commitment with Giovanni Lapentti. Therefore it is something that have to converse to see if we can summarize something further on", explained a cold Markus from Buenos Aires.
Old 06-14-2005, 01:39 PM   #139
country flag NicoFan

Our Nico isn't worried about being without a coach. Glad he's not, because I worry about him being all alone out there. But he's right in not rushing getting a coach.

From latercera.cl:

After 10 days in Santiago, Nicolas Mass˙ left yesterday the country to return to the competences next Monday 20 of June, when comience to be disputed Wimbledon, third Grand Slam of the season. The Chilean travelled with several days of anticipation, "because the preparation I have to do it there, since here in Chile there are not grass courts".

The vi˝amarino said that its luck in the "Cathedral" will depend on the picture that touch him. "I am favorite, for which I will face no player located inside the 32 better in the first round, but equal one must be lucky, because for example last year touched me a type as Alexander Popp that is 80 and that only plays well on grass. But already I did third round there three years ago and now I have more experience", commented the second national racquet.

On the fashionable theme in around al player, referred to the contracting of a new coach, Mass˙ explained that "many things have left, but not yet to have swum defined. I want to decide me with caution. The clearest names are Gabriel Markus and Larry Passos, but I have not spoken a lot with them. Of all forms does not affect me a lot to be alone in Wimbledon, where perfectly I can find other names".

The "Vampire" added that "for now is not a so worrying theme, but would not be good to be from here to end of year without nobody. I am young and still I have many things that to learn. But it is not easy to find coach to half of year".

As soon as al fear of exclusiveness that would be requiring the tennis player to his new one coach, the player said that "it is not something so important. More the person worries me. I cannot close to be alone and he is something conversable".
After 10 days in Santiago, Nicolas Mass˙ left yesterday the country to return to the competences next Monday 20 of June, when comience to be disputed Wimbledon, third Grand Slam of the season. The Chilean travelled with several days of anticipation, "because the preparation I have to do it there, since here in Chile there are not grass courts".

The vi˝amarino said that its luck in the "Cathedral" will depend on the picture that touch him. "I am favorite, for which I will face no player located inside the 32 better in the first round, but equal one must be lucky, because for example last year touched me a type as Alexander Popp that is 80 and that only plays well on grass. But already I did third round there three years ago and now I have more experience", commented the second national racquet.

On the fashionable theme in around al player, referred to the contracting of a new coach, Mass˙ explained that "many things have left, but not yet to have swum defined. I want to decide me with caution. The clearest names are Gabriel Markus and Larry Passos, but I have not spoken a lot with them. Of all forms does not affect me a lot to be alone in Wimbledon, where perfectly I can find other names".

The "Vampire" added that "for now is not a so worrying theme, but would not be good to be from here to end of year without nobody. I am young and still I have many things that to learn. But it is not easy to find coach to half of year".

As soon as al fear of exclusiveness that would be requiring the tennis player to his new one coach, the player said that "it is not something so important. More the person worries me. I cannot close to be alone and he is something conversable".
Old 06-14-2005, 01:41 PM   #140
country flag NicoFan

Nico will be relaxed this year, so hopefully he will get to the 3rd round.

Wish I were there...

Rosie, if you see our Nico, check to make sure he's okay!!!

From Radio Cooperativa:

The tennis player vi˝amarino embarked bound for England to begin its preparation looking al third Grand Slam of the season, that starts this Monday, June 20.

With the fixed mind in surpassing the third round in the tournament of Wimbledon, the Chilean one Nicolas Mass˙ (29║ of the ATP) displaced this Monday bound for Europe to begin to prepare his participation in the classical contest on grass.

Mass˙ said to be felt in perfect physical conditions and because of it trusts in surpassing the third round, instance to which arrived in 2001, in its better participation in Wimbledon. That year, the vi˝amarino fell before the American Andre Agassi.

The tennis player number two of Chile will coach this week in courts of lawn, with the intention to arrive in the best possible form al contest, that begins next Monday 20 of June.

On the contracting of a new technician, Mass˙ maintained its position and did not show an approach with some coach.

"I have a pair of names, but I have not arrived beyond in any conversation. Therefore same, I have gone with plenty of caution, because when one speech of more, suddenly the things do not pass, but I, nearby the unique thing that have they are Gabriel Markus and Larri Passos", the Olympic champion relating to his former technician said and al coach that carried al Brazilian Gustavo Kuerten al number one of the globe.

Despite it, Mass˙ left in clear that other coaches in their step by the English lawn they can appear.

"Perhaps in Wimbledon another coach appears and I will converse, but is not a decision that one should to take of a day for another for later finish the relation to the week or al month", asserted. (Cooperative.cl)
Old 06-19-2005, 08:51 PM   #141
country flag +alonso

+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute

remember when i saw the olympics draw ! nico was playing not well and suddenly he beat so many players
hope that nico can play well here and with no pressure
Old 08-08-2005, 01:07 PM   #142
country flag NicoFan

I was hoping this was going to be an article saying that the deal with Gaby was completed, but its still up in the air - sounds close but still not a done deal.

Nico desperately needs a great coach - and I think Gaby is perfect.

I hope it doesn't fall through in the end. Although Nico probably wouldn't be going without a coach all this time unless he was very certain that Gaby would start coaching him after the US Open.

And Gaby's right about the decisions made by the Massu camp - like as Gaby said the decision to go to Australia - I couldn't believe it when Nico went to Australia with his foot already bothering him - cost him the first half of the season. Like this decision to have an exhibition match with the Bryan brothers when he needed to play Romania because of this points/rankings nightmare.

From latercera.cl:

Gabriel Markus coached yesterday by near an hour with his present pupilo, the American Vincent Spadea. While this occurred in the court three of the complex one tenÝstico that harbors the Master Series of Montreal, in the court five practiced Nicolas Mass˙ along with the Italian Andrea Seppi and his countryman Enzo Artoni, who officialized them of coach.

The vi˝amarino and the Argentine coach few meters separated them very, the same that distance it to be related again professionally in the circuit of the ATP, therefore yesterday was the own coach who assured to El Mercucio that "the again together chances to be are very large. We have had some conversations but still nothing is final".

The mesura of Markus before the imminent new contract, that will tie it with the double Olympic champion, al is owed respect that considers its present one directed, Vicent Spadea, with whom has a contractual connection to the Open U.S., that is initiated August 29.

"Does not yet it correspond to speak of the matter, already will be touched in its moment, but if Nico wants that help it already since the US Open, I would have no problem. I insist that the possibility to work with Mass˙ is very close", indicated the transandino.

What more interests al former DT of Guillermo Coria is that their eventual new one directed recover their better level and that also not commit again errors that carried it to be injured. "Over there there is a theme of planning that played in against and that carried it to be injured. For example should not have played Australia Open, because perhaps the to be in that tournament deprived it to have continuity in the circuit".

Besides, Markus assured that trusts in which the second national racquet recover his maximum performance: "I believe that Nicolas can yield again and to achieve good results. In fact already he showed him during the last tournaments that played in Europe (semifinals of Gstaad and KitzbŘhel)".

Last edited by NicoFan : 08-08-2005 at 04:46 PM.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:17 AM   #143
country flag GonzoFan

GonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Here is an article from La Tercera :

Mass˙ : "I'm worried about the ranking"

The vi˝amarino knows how complicated it will be to defend the title of Athens next week.

Nicolas Mass˙ (31░ ATP) recognizes that he is in a bad moment. And if he thought that a rise began after two semifinals in the European clay (Gstaad and KitzbŘhel), today he feels that he gave one step back. he comes to lose in the second round in Washington (First round bye) and lost in the debut of Montreal, Tuesday against the German Nicolas Kiefer. It has been a hard passage of the clay to the cement, perhaps more difficult of which he thought. All this added to an ominous year, full of injuries and that have him at a difficult moment. And thus he assumes it, like also the consequences to feel below the player who was nine of the world in 2004.

"I have had three complicated injuries in a short time. I am not the same one that I was before, but if I am not it is only because of health. At the end of the last year I played incredible and in the preseason I also felt incredible. It is difficult, in addition, because when I began to feel better, when I began to feel the ball, I had to change to hardcourts and in this surface I had only one match in Australia in the year and that changes all the scheme to me ".

In spite of the good clay results do you still feel that you don't recover your best form?

So that people understand well, today I feel playing a second later that before, with less reflections and something weaker. But I can say that I have been much more strong that for the last two months, when I lost in first round, and made two semifinals of a ATP Tour. That was in claycourts and now it has been harder in fastcourts and more here, in Canada, that its fastest. But the moment will come that I will be feeling the same as before the injury. I do not know if will be the next week, or at the end of year, I do not know. Before I was like a panther, I could move from there to here, to everywhere in the court. And since the injuries I do not feel that agility.

I imagine that to feel like that, in a tennis player like you, who bases his game on the physicist, it must be hard...

Mentally I feel well. I am even surprised, because I have never felt badly. Yes I must recognize that after the defeat against Kiefer I stuck a hard blow. It hurt to me, not to lose again in first, but because I came in rise, I was wating for more, I made it bad and that hurts. One is excited, thinks that it is close... But I must move on. I am training more than before, because I know that I need to do it. Before, when it was well, I measured a little, now I cannot.

In Cincinnati, you defend 450 points from the Olympics. Are you worry about leaving the group of the first 50 players if you lose in first round ?

It worries to me and I could not say no. It is obvious that yes, but now that is in second place, although normally had to be first. That is, the more than I can go away is to 50║ or 55║. And between being 30║ and 50║, the only difference is that perhaps I do not enter to the tournaments and I will have to play qualies.

It is a "important punishment"...

But I assumed that and I would not have problems in playing qualies. I have left Cincinnati to reach a final or semifinal and enter direct to Madrid and Paris (last Masters Series of the year). If I play good I'll enter and if it not I'll play qualies ...

Are you in conditions of reaching a semifinal in Cincinnati?

If I play like I did this week, no; but of what I did in Kitzbuhel; yes. As I played in clay, I thought that I was for great things, but I have left time to train and I am with desire to look for my better form.

Which are the goals for this year?

To finish the best that I can. Last year my goal was to be top ten and I finished 12. And if nothing had happen to me I would have finished top ten. But how the things have occurred, hopefully I can finish between the 50. But if I finish between the 30 or 40, it would very good for me.

Richard Gasquet/Tomas Berdych/Marat Safin/Tommy Haas/Rafael Nadal/Andy Roddick/Marcos Baghdatis
All the chilean players and some others

"Just give 100 percent.
And that's not just in tennis or sports; that's in life.
If you give 100 percent, you'll have no regrets."
Lleyton Hewitt
GonzoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 01:14 PM   #144
country flag NicoFan

Poor Nico - I want this entire thing to be over for him and back to his normal self.

Old 08-11-2005, 01:16 PM   #145
country flag NicoFan

Article in latercera.cl on coaching situation.

Gaby isn't a definite which we knew.

All I can say about this Enzo guy is who the heck is he, and I don't want Nico to hire him. I want someone well known for him, someone with a great track record, someone who has coached a top player.

And who can he possible hire from Chile?

I will be so upset if he doesn't get Gaby back.

From latercera.cl:

"Markus is not definite"

"In Montreal and Cincinnati helps me Enzo (Artoni, doblista Italian). I had to do it thus, because is very difficult to be alone, without coach, because one needs someone that good wave throw you".

Of Gabriel Markus ┐in what is?

I am seeing what is what I will do; if for New Haven and the US Open comes someone of Chile, Gaby or Enzo. I am seeing. The priority has it Markus, but not yet we make a decision. With Gabriel not yet we converse somewhat serious, but i would like to be again with him.

What search today in a coach?

When it was with Gabriel, was well coached. The "Nano" (Zuleta) was a person that helped me to motivate me and that I help me. I need a mixture of the two things. A person that good wave throw me and that cause he coach me a lot, hours in the court.

You did not pass with Patricio Rodriguez?

With the "Duck" al principle was all well, but all was complicated with the injuries. Neither he, neither I, not my physical coach we knew how much to coach; if a, two or three hours, because the type of injury was complicated. And that affected us al "Duck" and to me. For the two was very difficult.

Last edited by NicoFan : 08-11-2005 at 11:25 PM.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:53 PM   #146
country flag +alonso

+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute

we want GABY GABY GABY !!!!
Old 08-11-2005, 11:28 PM   #147
country flag NicoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Lt*Alonso*Cl>
we want GABY GABY GABY !!!!
I want to bring a HUGE sign with me to all the upcoming tournaments - Cincinnati, New Haven, and US Open - that says: WE WANT GABY!

But I don't want to do anything that will make him lose his concentration or anything so I won't.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:53 PM   #148
country flag NicoFan

And have to add - Nico wants Gaby too - so hopefully they can work out a deal over the next 2-3 weeks - and happy days will be here again!
Old 08-12-2005, 03:02 PM   #149
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Well - Gaby would be good for Nico - but if it doesn't work out ,David has just split with his coach, Eduardo Infantino, so that could be a possibiltiy. Eduardo has worked with David for two and half years, and was formerly with Gaudio and also Younes El Aynaoui. At one stage - he was planning to work with Marcelo Rios and I know he and Nico get on very well, so...............

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 03:20 PM   #150
country flag NicoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie
Well - Gaby would be good for Nico - but if it doesn't work out ,David has just split with his coach, Eduardo Infantino, so that could be a possibiltiy. Eduardo has worked with David for two and half years, and was formerly with Gaudio and also Younes El Aynaoui. At one stage - he was planning to work with Marcelo Rios and I know he and Nico get on very well, so...............
Thanks for the info Rosie!

Too bad David split with Infantino though - I thought he was a very good coach.

Would be good for Nico though - I'll have to put up a sign for Nico in Cincy that says - If you can't get Gaby, get Eduardo!!! lol!