Nadal will skip IW and Miami UPDATE - confirms will play IW - Page 24 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-04-2013, 04:32 AM   #346
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nadal will skip IW and Miami UPDATE - confirms will play IW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_Johansen View Post
Mature. Let's see where Nole, Andy, and Rafa are in 6 years time.
Mtwezi has maturity problems but he is working hard on them. Lets give him some more time like the patient adults we are. He may just surprise us in the future.
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2013, 06:00 AM   #347
country flag Nirjhor

Nirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond repute

Ha! Now he's okay to play!! See, he's got his confidence back after winning Acapulco. So the reason(injury) he had given to us for skipping IW and Miami was full of s#it!

Now if he does well in IW, he'll play in Miami too. And if things don't go in his way then he'll be injured again, will skip Miami and will be back on MC.

82 Titles Including 17 Grandslam, 23 Masters, 6 YEC and Counting.

♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔

The Greatest Player Ever to Play Tennis.
Nirjhor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:44 PM   #348
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NID View Post
In the meantime, looks like Djoko has improved his serve and Nadal is working on his backhand. Arms race...
Nice play on words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_Johansen View Post
Mature. Let's see where Nole, Andy, and Rafa are in 6 years time.
Hopefully their fans will be more mature about accepting the ravages of time than the fed fans. Such whining and moaning is hilarious. You'd think fad fans could shrug off his losses at this point and after all that he has won, but no.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:05 PM   #349
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Nice play on words.

Hopefully their fans will be more mature about accepting the ravages of time than the fed fans. Such whining and moaning is hilarious. You'd think fad fans could shrug off his losses at this point and after all that he has won, but no.
Puhleeesee...

Almost all if not all fed fans can accept his losses due to the fact that he's older and physically declined.

It is the insufferable insecure noletards and some rafatards who are claiming that Fed's still in his peak and that his losses are due to much fiercer competition.

It is obvious that rather enjoying the achievement of their idols, they are attempting to degrage Fed's achievements.
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:11 PM   #350
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by atennisfan View Post
It is the insufferable insecure noletards and some rafatards who are claiming that Fed's still in his peak and that his losses are due to much fiercer competition.

It is obvious that rather enjoying the achievement of their idols, they are attempting to degrage Fed's achievements.
You gotta be kidding There are dozens of topics derailed by Fedtards. Now that Fed is losing everywhere it toned down a bit, but last year it was perfectly insufferable.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #351
country flag pepita1964

pepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond repute

Comm'on everyone,fans,comms,press,journs you name it said that Fed won his titles in weak era but it is golden ,stronger era.Fed is better player now and can not win because of this stronger era.Novak
.Murray,Nadal make even the level of play higher. How many times should we hear it?! Novak hammered Ferrer in SF at AO - ah Ferrer is not member of big four,has no tools to make a damage, Now Rafa crashed Ferrer - oh Rafa is back,Ferrer is one of the best players.
The gap between #3 and #4 is very small.Really ?
pepita1964 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #352
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepita1964 View Post
Comm'on everyone,fans,comms,press,journs you name it said that Fed won his titles in weak era but it is golden ,stronger era.Fed is better player now and can not win because of this stronger era.Novak
.Murray,Nadal make even the level of play higher. How many times should we hear it?! Novak hammered Ferrer in SF at AO - ah Ferrer is not member of big four,has no tools to make a damage, Now Rafa crashed Ferrer - oh Rafa is back,Ferrer is one of the best players.
The gap between #3 and #4 is very small.Really ?
Ljubicic was number 3 in Fed's era and that gap between him and Federer was far wider
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:56 PM   #353
country flag TennisPhan1

TennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond repute

endless debates about Federer...

Fact is he is around Berdych, Tsonga, Del Po level now. We need to accept this. He can still beat them when he brings his best game. It's obvious that Djokovic and a healthy Nadal are a level above Federers normal level in the last 2 years.

2004-2007 Fed level was the same as Djoko/Rafa's standard now, but peak 2004-2007 Fed was a level higher than theirs (minus claydal). All the HC/grass/indoor wins vs Nadal up to 2008 and 2011 RG/2012 WM vs Novak prove this.

Ljubicic, Hewitt and Roddick were so much better 6-9 years ago too than in the last 4 years of their careers. Their H2H with Nadal proves it. Young Roddick served 30 mph faster, young Fed 10 mph etc..

We'll be having this same discussion about Djokovic, Nadal in 5 years from now when they start getting owned by some younger supertalent/ newgoat.
TennisPhan1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:09 PM   #354
country flag grahampros

grahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisPhan1 View Post

Fact is he is around Berdych, Tsonga, Del Po level now. We need to accept this. He can still beat them when he brings his best game. It's obvious that Djokovic and a healthy Nadal are a level above Federers normal level in the last 2 years.

2004-2007 Fed level was the same as Djoko/Rafa's standard now, but peak 2004-2007 Fed was a level higher than theirs (minus claydal). All the HC/grass/indoor wins vs Nadal up to 2008 and 2011 RG/2012 WM vs Novak prove this.

Ljubicic, Hewitt and Roddick were so much better 6-9 years ago too than in the last 4 years of their careers. Their H2H with Nadal proves it. Young Roddick served 30 mph faster, young Fed 10 mph etc..

We'll be having this same discussion about Djokovic, Nadal in 5 years from now when they start getting owned by some younger supertalent/ newgoat.
Almost all the greats end up playing well past their prime. I tend to find it sad when most should have hung up their racket before they did. I guess it's the same tenacity that made them one of the greats in the first place that keep them after that one last big win that rarely comes. Pete is really the only one who one that last big one and was done.

Now with regards to Nadal, it's still a bit premature to know just how far he can come back. He's made some real progress but we'll have to see him on the big stage and other events that are not clay to truly know. The next 4-5 months will tell us a lot of his future.
grahampros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:43 PM   #355
country flag Yolita

Yolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond repute

I'm very glad Rafa decided to play Indian Wells. We haven't had a tournament with the Big 4 in ages!

I can't wait for the draw.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:02 PM   #356
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolita View Post
I'm very glad Rafa decided to play Indian Wells. We haven't had a tournament with the Big 4 in ages!

I can't wait for the draw.
I'm glad he is playing too. However, i find all of this drama surrounding Rafa nowadays extremely annoying. Will he play, will he not, his knees are OK or maybe not or they hurt a little bit or a lot? then everyone is assuming something, meh ...
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:08 PM   #357
country flag Yolita

Yolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
I'm glad he is playing too. However, i find all of this drama surrounding Rafa nowadays extremely annoying. Will he play, will he not, his knees are OK or maybe not or they hurt a little bit or a lot? then everyone is assuming something, meh ...
The drama is entirely media based: I saw many interviews with Rafa while he was here in Mexico: he never brought up the subject of his knees or his schedule or his absence himself, he wanted to talk about the tournament, the place, the matches, and the journos invariably asked him about the knee, about the months away, about his plans or projections... They love drama, they know it sells...Everybody's getting tired of it, let's hope the journos realise that sooner rather than later.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:05 PM   #358
country flag juan27

juan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisPhan1 View Post

good post!!
juan27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:15 PM   #359
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolita View Post
The drama is entirely media based: I saw many interviews with Rafa while he was here in Mexico: he never brought up the subject of his knees or his schedule or his absence himself, he wanted to talk about the tournament, the place, the matches, and the journos invariably asked him about the knee, about the months away, about his plans or projections... They love drama, they know it sells...Everybody's getting tired of it, let's hope the journos realise that sooner rather than later.
I agree it is a bit of a headache
this whole thread is pretty fail and in fact MODS probably should remove somthing like this way in advance if the OP in question doesn't have any real strong indication that a player will actually drop out of a tournament.
this was all based on 'hearsay'
but it is exciting that Nadal is playing IW and not being lame trying to avoid hardcourts
of course it makes you wonder, had he lost in Mexico would he have?

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:18 PM   #360
country flag Marcoo

Marcoo has a reputation beyond reputeMarcoo has a reputation beyond reputeMarcoo has a reputation beyond reputeMarcoo has a reputation beyond reputeMarcoo has a reputation beyond reputeMarcoo has a reputation beyond reputeMarcoo has a reputation beyond reputeMarcoo has a reputation beyond reputeMarcoo has a reputation beyond reputeMarcoo has a reputation beyond reputeMarcoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rafa Nadal In Indian Wells ?

While I was looking up the players going to this year's edition of Indian Wells, I wondered If Rafa is actually playing this tournament. Now I've found different things. Basically what Rafa said, was: 'My intention is to go to Indian Wells,'. On the other hand I've read that Rafa is not playing this tournament because of his injury. He doesn't want to risk on hard courts and want to rest a little bit more for the European tournaments played in Clay courts. Now I'm wondering If he actually plays this tournament or not. If you've read or know something about this, let me know in this thread. I'm just naturally curious Thanks.
Marcoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote