Going to Paris! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-02-2005, 09:48 PM   #1
country flag roisin

roisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Going to Paris!

im *planning* on going to this tournament this year, hopefully it'll all work out.

id appreciate of anyone has any tips on what hotels to stay in, metro lines to get there, best airport to fly into, where its easiest to meet players ( ) etc...

thank u in advance!

One muppet, who wishes to remain anonymous, has this to say: "You know, I uhhhh cannot stay all the time at the you know, base of the line. Too much uhhhh pression."

It is your turn to help - The "Save A Muppet Foundation" needs you!
roisin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2005, 01:41 PM   #2
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

ae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going to Paris!

Jeez, talk about forward planning, Roisin!!

Have fun...
Jim Thomas - Max Mirnyi - Jordan Kerr - Rohan Bopanna - Andy Roddick - Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi - Ilia Bozoljac - Chris Haggard - Jan-Michael Gambill - Donald Young - Nathan Healey - Lleyton Hewitt - Jamie Murray - Olivier Rochus - James Blake - Vince Spadea - Tim Henman - John Isner - Travis Parrott - Paul Goldstein - Tim Henman - Wes Moodie - Arnaud Clement - Michael Russell - Jeff Coetzee

Surbiton Trophy Challenger 1998-2008

Jim Thomas Official Site

Jeff Coetzee Official Site
ae wowww is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 02:57 PM   #3
country flag roisin

roisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond repute

well i got to get it sorted early so i know how much money i need and im such a ad organiser...i thought i might as well try and get something right!

One muppet, who wishes to remain anonymous, has this to say: "You know, I uhhhh cannot stay all the time at the you know, base of the line. Too much uhhhh pression."

Old 02-12-2005, 06:33 PM   #4
country flag Aleksa's Laydee

Aleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond repute

who ya going with??

Dmitry Tursunov

*mmm sweaty hugs from dima *
[Faithful Mitya Slave]

Mardy Fish
[Big right back at ya dude]
Thomas Johansson
Jonas Bjorkman - Joachim Johansson - Simon Aspelin - Jiri Novak - Richard Gasquet
Andy Murray - Fernando Gonzalez - Max Mirnyi - Jan Michael Gambill
James Blake - Greg Rusedski - Alex Bogdanovic
Andrew Kennaugh & Michael Ryderstedt ♥
Aleksa's Laydee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 08:14 PM   #5
country flag roisin

my sister probably if she'd get off her lazy arse and save some dosh for it!!!

Old 02-25-2005, 08:40 PM   #6
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

If you're going Roisin - tickets go on sale in the first week of June - round about the same time as RG. You can buy them on the Internet from some of the French ticket outlets, or by phone from Palais d'Omnisports.

The nearest metro station is Bercy - just across the road - or you can go to Gare de Lyon and it's about 5/10 minutes walk. The Novotel is just next door -that's where the Umpires and officials usually stay - there is also a Mercure Hotel next door to that. There are loads of cheaper B & B's at the Gare de Lyon,- but - be careful - it's a bit of a rough area round the station if you're walking back after a night match - DON'T walk back alone.

Paris Bercy is a nice tournament but you always run the risk that players will drop out at the last minute because it's the end of the season. You can't watch practice unless you have accreditation - and the Security there is pretty strict.

A ticket for the main court will also get you into unreserved seating on Courts 1 and 2. You're very close to the players there - good for photos - but both courts are freezing because they'e built over an ice rink. I don't much like Palais d'Omnisports - cold, dirty, nowhere to sit down and the food is expensive - but the main court is nice. Hope that helped a bit.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more

Last edited by *Ljubica* : 02-25-2005 at 08:42 PM.
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 08:39 PM   #7
country flag roisin

thanks very much rosie! i'm very excited about it now, i just hope i can get enough dosh to get me going!

Old 06-23-2005, 09:10 PM   #8
country flag enqvistfan

enqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond repute

If you need more infos, just ask, I go there each year

But it's a good tournament and the atmosphere is great

Val

Fernando Gonzalez & Carlos Moya

Para siempre Gonzo

Still supporting you, vamos
enqvistfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 05:42 AM   #9
country flag enqvistfan

enqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond repute

I go to Paris-Bercy the first three days for the first and the second round (with the seeded players). Great

Val

Para siempre Gonzo

Old 07-23-2005, 10:54 AM   #10
country flag Papakori

Papakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond repute

I have my holidays so am going to travel to Paris for the Monday to see some tennis. I am very excited, my tickets arrived yesterday!
Papakori is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 06:41 AM   #11
country flag enqvistfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambillfan
I have my holidays so am going to travel to Paris for the Monday to see some tennis. I am very excited, my tickets arrived yesterday!
Great Gambillfan See U there

Para siempre Gonzo

Old 08-03-2005, 12:35 PM   #12
country flag Hasifan

Hasifan has a brilliant futureHasifan has a brilliant futureHasifan has a brilliant futureHasifan has a brilliant futureHasifan has a brilliant futureHasifan has a brilliant futureHasifan has a brilliant futureHasifan has a brilliant futureHasifan has a brilliant futureHasifan has a brilliant futureHasifan has a brilliant future
Talking Re: Going to Paris!

I'm so happy. I've got my holiday So I'll go the first three days.
Hasifan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 12:34 PM   #13
country flag Straby

Straby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going! I've just asked my boss to take a week off in November and it's okay.
I'm gonna book my tickets and hotel tomorrow. I think I'm gonna stick with the hotel I've been to when I went to Roland Garros, earlier this year, very near to Place de Republique.
Straby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 07:59 PM   #14
country flag marifline

marifline has a reputation beyond reputemarifline has a reputation beyond reputemarifline has a reputation beyond reputemarifline has a reputation beyond reputemarifline has a reputation beyond reputemarifline has a reputation beyond reputemarifline has a reputation beyond reputemarifline has a reputation beyond reputemarifline has a reputation beyond reputemarifline has a reputation beyond reputemarifline has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going there too... with the french DC team supporter club the atmosphere is extraordinary when a french player is on the court ( some people thinks the public is a little bit too chauvin but eh ! it's parisian public )
Because sometimes, you just need the obvious to be stated.
marifline is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 08:30 PM   #15
country flag enqvistfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasifan
I'm so happy. I've got my holiday So I'll go the first three days.
Hope to see you there Hasifan

I think I know you

Para siempre Gonzo