KIWI at Next Generation Hardcourts (Adelaide) - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-03-2005, 03:55 PM   #16
country flag RodFan08

RodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: KIWI at Next Generation Hardcourts (Adelaide)

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleternity
um... i guess i can post them over there too... this thread was supposed to be for both pictures and news... so i posted them here for that reason...
Oh okay sorry, I just assumed that since we did that at for the US Open last year, we were doing the same thing. It's cool. IT really doesn't matter to me one way or the other. We can continue poting them here
RodFan08 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2005, 04:02 PM   #17
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodFan08
Oh okay sorry, I just assumed that since we did that at for the US Open last year, we were doing the same thing. It's cool. IT really doesn't matter to me one way or the other. We can continue poting them here
I just figured we could do one since there won't be a lot of pix, but if you want to keep two threads open we can do that... it's up to you, the other thread is one you started... i dont want anyone to be sad...
Old 01-03-2005, 05:37 PM   #18
country flag kek

kek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yay!!!!

Here are the only pictures I have found so far I'll post more when I find them. Looks like his new sponser is.................... a little square?!

Go Kiwi!!!!!

If my eyes serve me right, it looks like his old Adidias shirt but he took a black marker and covered up their logo?

I doubt he has a new sponser yet or still being finalized.

It was very nice to see him win after being away from the tour for so many months
kek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 05:43 PM   #19
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kek
If my eyes serve me right, it looks like his old Adidias shirt but he took a black marker and covered up their logo?

I doubt he has a new sponser yet or still being finalized.

It was very nice to see him win after being away from the tour for so many months
i can see him sitting in his hotel room with a sharpie drawing over the adidas symbol....

but you are right, it looks like its the same outfit he wore in st. anton
Old 01-03-2005, 06:53 PM   #20
country flag kek

kek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i can see him sitting in his hotel room with a sharpie drawing over the adidas symbol....

but you are right, it looks like its the same outfit he wore in st. anton

could be electrical tape that he just covers the logo.... maybe he sews and is actually sewing a black patch over it, or his mom did the sewing over holidays if he can't sew
kek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 10:05 PM   #21
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

I've copied the relevant passages about Kiwi here, but it was published on ATP and you can read the full report at http://www.atptennis.com/en/newsands...ide_monday.asp

Quote:
The 2005 ATP Tennis circuit got underway on Monday with the opening round at the Next Generation Clubs Men’s Hardcourts in Adelaide.

German Florian Mayer, the seventh seed, advanced over Wayne Arthurs 6-4 3-6 7-5 despite 17 aces from the Aussie. Mayer won the match with a break of serve, just his second on the night as Arthurs saved seven break chances.

Third seed Nicolas Kiefer dropped the first two games of his opening match before winning eight straight games to take a one set lead over Sjeng Schalken. The Dutchman battled back, and claimed the second set as both players struggled to hold serve. In the third set, Kiefer pulled ahead with a break in the sixth game, allowing him to come away with a 6-2 4-6 6-3 win.
so we know a few more details about his win... so he was 0-2 down at the beginning and started bad and nervous... then the winning streak! The lost 2nd set and then the one (?) decisive break in the third!

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 10:18 PM   #22
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely
I've copied the relevant passages about Kiwi here, but it was published on ATP and you can read the full report at http://www.atptennis.com/en/newsands...ide_monday.asp

so we know a few more details about his win... so he was 0-2 down at the beginning and started bad and nervous... then the winning streak! The lost 2nd set and then the one (?) decisive break in the third!
GO KIWI!!!!

Wow, I really wish I could have watched it now! Knowing the outcome of course! Watching matches like that live give me some heart problems... I'm so happy for him. I think this match was the most important for him. I was so worried about it cuz we didn't know how his... mental status was. And I knew if he could get a win here, he'd show himself that no matter what happens in his personal life his tennis is still there. So I am EXTREMELY happy he got through this one and didn't give up

Old 01-04-2005, 02:23 AM   #23
country flag kfh_9118

kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute

Yay, Kiwi :wohoo:

Good luck next round.
I hope he'll find a new sponsor soon. Judging by his form lately, he shouldn't find any problem for a new sponsor. I wish he will stay with Adidas or maybe Reebok
kfh_9118 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 02:36 AM   #24
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

(3)N Kiefer (GER) def C Saulnier (FRA) 6-4 6-3

+ pictures!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg R2_1.jpg (24.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg R2_2.jpg (26.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg R2_3.jpg (27.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg R2_4.jpg (27.1 KB, 7 views)
Old 01-05-2005, 02:39 AM   #25
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

YEAH, very gooooooooood news!
Now he has made at least the quarterfinal!

very well done, Kiwi!

Mary, do you know if these pictures are already from tonight? Or lately published ones from his match against Schalken?

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy

Last edited by Neely : 01-05-2005 at 03:02 AM.
Old 01-05-2005, 02:54 AM   #26
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

Quote:
Mary, do you know if these pictures are already from tonight? Or lately published ones from his match against Schalken?

Yes they are from tonight
Old 01-05-2005, 03:02 AM   #27
country flag Neely
-

cool, that was really fast!!

Old 01-05-2005, 03:15 AM   #28
country flag Tricky_Forehand

Tricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond repute

Kiwi is starting his 2005 in an awesome way!!!!
's-Hertogenbosch - 4th place
GSTAAD - WINNER
Tricky_Forehand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 03:17 AM   #29
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

Quote:
cool, that was really fast!!
yea Getty posts pix like the SECOND the match is over
Old 01-05-2005, 03:43 AM   #30
country flag RodFan08

RodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis724
Kiwi is starting his 2005 in an awesome way!!!!
I know he's just picking up wear he left off. It's like he wasn't injured at all What;s his ranking by the way. I'm too lazy to go to the ATP site
RodFan08 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote