Who's going? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-08-2005, 09:32 PM   #31
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who's going?

I don't know why that is

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2005, 11:17 AM   #32
country flag Meeek

Meeek has a reputation beyond reputeMeeek has a reputation beyond reputeMeeek has a reputation beyond reputeMeeek has a reputation beyond reputeMeeek has a reputation beyond reputeMeeek has a reputation beyond reputeMeeek has a reputation beyond reputeMeeek has a reputation beyond reputeMeeek has a reputation beyond reputeMeeek has a reputation beyond reputeMeeek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by loeliepoelie
Thanks peeps for agreeing with me that it is very expensive!!! Myke you live in Groningen??? That's very far from Rotterdam! I live in Delft, 10 minutes train journey to Rotterdam! And then of course the metro from the station to Ahoy, no idea how long that will take me...
Metro takes about 10-15 minutes if I remember correctly.
And yeah Groningen is faaaar faaaar away

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooCooCachoo
And Myke, I feel for you. I travelled to Groningen via Rotterdam this year and it's nearly impossible to get there fast by train.
Yup, train sucks. Thats why we're not sure yet if we're gonna go by train or car.
'I want a smooth chest but not with hooters ok? There are such men and I WILL have one'
Meeek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 02:04 PM   #33
country flag Dutchie

Dutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, metro doesn't take that long, not even 10 minutes.

Oh, and it's expensive alright! I'm jealous of the girl that got her a weekpass last year for being the so-maniest visitor!

I'll go on sunday and monday, but i am not sure about the rest of the week.
Dutchie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 02:30 PM   #34
country flag Meeek

Meeek has a reputation beyond reputeMeeek has a reputation beyond reputeMeeek has a reputation beyond reputeMeeek has a reputation beyond reputeMeeek has a reputation beyond reputeMeeek has a reputation beyond reputeMeeek has a reputation beyond reputeMeeek has a reputation beyond reputeMeeek has a reputation beyond reputeMeeek has a reputation beyond reputeMeeek has a reputation beyond repute

Oh this is , but thanks to those who "repped" me. Only just found out what it is and cant rep back just yet. But thanks!

ON TOPIC:

Lucky girl who got that weekpass that way! Gosh... I still dont know if I'm going Wednesday as well.
'I want a smooth chest but not with hooters ok? There are such men and I WILL have one'
Old 01-09-2005, 08:05 PM   #35
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchie
Yeah, metro doesn't take that long, not even 10 minutes.

Oh, and it's expensive alright! I'm jealous of the girl that got her a weekpass last year for being the so-maniest visitor!

I'll go on sunday and monday, but i am not sure about the rest of the week.
I think I have decided to buy a week pass, but I still need to go buy it I think it'll be fun to go all days and I know they have internet access there so at least I won't be totally isolated from 'the real world'

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers

Old 01-10-2005, 02:03 PM   #36
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan

Nymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myke
Groningen, farmer city

You??

And yes, the weekpass is very expensive. Rediculous actually.

Roermond, so the other part of the country

Hopp Suisse!
Nymeria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 02:09 PM   #37
MONSOON season.

You forgot to mention that you also reside in Breda, which isn't all that far from Rotterdam

Old 01-10-2005, 02:19 PM   #38
MONSOON season.

I think there will be a really large group going to the qualies or early days

Old 01-10-2005, 03:09 PM   #39
country flag loeliepoelie

loeliepoelie has a reputation beyond reputeloeliepoelie has a reputation beyond reputeloeliepoelie has a reputation beyond reputeloeliepoelie has a reputation beyond reputeloeliepoelie has a reputation beyond reputeloeliepoelie has a reputation beyond reputeloeliepoelie has a reputation beyond reputeloeliepoelie has a reputation beyond reputeloeliepoelie has a reputation beyond reputeloeliepoelie has a reputation beyond reputeloeliepoelie has a reputation beyond repute

this is a little off topic, but i sent an email to the organisers saying it is very expensive and asking about studentdiscount. I got one back today, it says Rotterdam is actually very cheap compared to other tournaments....

Yeah right
Old 01-10-2005, 03:48 PM   #40
MONSOON season.

Compared to Switzerland --> It's cheap
Compared to Austria --> It's cheap
Compared to Great Britain --> It's cheap
Compared to Germany --> It's cheap

There are of course some countries where it's cheaper, but I'd say life in general is cheaper in those countries. I don't think it's that fair to say that tickets are expensive, comparatively speaking. But tickets cost a lot.

Old 01-10-2005, 03:51 PM   #41
MONSOON season.

Oh and I do think the student discounts are a good idea for tennis tournaments. Tennis relies on students for a big part, when it comes to sales of tickets. The history of Davis Cup in The Netherlands underlines this. That is why I think the tournaments in The Netherlands could adapt that part of the German pricing, where student discounts are a common thing.

Old 01-10-2005, 04:21 PM   #42
country flag Meeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas
Roermond, so the other part of the country
Ah, I see I'm one lonely Northern Dutchie!
Old 01-10-2005, 06:18 PM   #43
country flag Anouk10

Anouk10 has a reputation beyond reputeAnouk10 has a reputation beyond reputeAnouk10 has a reputation beyond reputeAnouk10 has a reputation beyond reputeAnouk10 has a reputation beyond reputeAnouk10 has a reputation beyond reputeAnouk10 has a reputation beyond reputeAnouk10 has a reputation beyond reputeAnouk10 has a reputation beyond reputeAnouk10 has a reputation beyond reputeAnouk10 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey!
I'm considering going as well, but there's a small difficulty, named school.. Ah, I will persuade my parents . But I have a question.. I want to go on Wednesday, but I remember last year there were some 1st round matches played on that day. Do you know if this year there will be some 2th round matches on that day? and if not, how many matches you can see in the day session?

and another question (I'm asking a lot, I know :P), why is the night session more expensive then the day session, seeing as the day session is 1 1/2 hour longer?

Sorry, am a bit confused
Anouk10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 06:52 PM   #44
country flag loeliepoelie

loeliepoelie has a reputation beyond reputeloeliepoelie has a reputation beyond reputeloeliepoelie has a reputation beyond reputeloeliepoelie has a reputation beyond reputeloeliepoelie has a reputation beyond reputeloeliepoelie has a reputation beyond reputeloeliepoelie has a reputation beyond reputeloeliepoelie has a reputation beyond reputeloeliepoelie has a reputation beyond reputeloeliepoelie has a reputation beyond reputeloeliepoelie has a reputation beyond repute

Anouk, I haven't got a clue is my answer to all your questions!

Martijn, this isn't enough to make me go in to nasty bitch mode...
Old 01-10-2005, 09:19 PM   #45
MONSOON season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anouk10
Hey!
I'm considering going as well, but there's a small difficulty, named school.. Ah, I will persuade my parents . But I have a question.. I want to go on Wednesday, but I remember last year there were some 1st round matches played on that day. Do you know if this year there will be some 2th round matches on that day? and if not, how many matches you can see in the day session?

and another question (I'm asking a lot, I know :P), why is the night session more expensive then the day session, seeing as the day session is 1 1/2 hour longer?

Sorry, am a bit confused
Hey Anouk

I will try to answer your questions as well as I can.

1) Yes, on Wednesday there are always one or two first round matches left. They save them for players that either arrive late (e.g. a Fernando Gonzalez who played the final in Vińa del Mar the week before Rotterdam last year and had to fly from Chile) or for players that are seeded high, so they can offer something special for the fans. On your average Wednesday you will see one or two first round matches and like three second round matches.

2) Evening sessions are more expensive because of the players that play in the evening. These are usually the top seeds (Federer, Ferrero) and the Dutch players. I think all of Ferrero's matches against the Dutch were in the evening last year. Because those players are eyecatchers, the tournament charges more for them.

Hope this helps you

CIPOLLA| ROGER-VASSELIN | MCGEE