Prime Agassi would be No.1 today. - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-22-2013, 02:50 AM   #46
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prime Agassi would be No.1 today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
I rest my case.
me too . I feel so happy and fulfilled right now . Agassi with Nole's hair = the GOAT ... we just resolved this mystery
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2013, 03:03 AM   #47
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty sure I solved the "mystery" on my own mate.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:23 AM   #48
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
Pretty sure I solved the "mystery" on my own mate.
but, I want to be a part of the crowd, you evil thing (I need to fit in)
Old 02-22-2013, 03:25 AM   #49
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Andre, absolutely not! Pete Sampras? Now that's scary. I have no doubt that Pete would be a huge beneficiary of today's science, and would not have a problem meeting/exceeding modern competitors. RG would not matter for him as it didn't then. Really, pete is the only athlete that matched/exceeded Djoker's athletic gifts. Agassi would have difficulty against all the top players who would take the game to him, like pete. Agassi did great against mindless fools with average groundstrokes who tried to match him stroke for stroke from the baseline. The players are smarter today with more variety, and better groundstrokes. Agassi's pièce de résistance was his "pigeon mode"--running from side to side and outhitting his opponents. Match him in that regard, and throw in a little intrique, and he quickly becomes just another pigeon. Oh, and there's the fact that Novak has a more complete game (tennis smarts and mental strength) which makes the difference in todays close and tough matches (ask andy, fed and rafa about that).

I do respect the efforts he made in his last years though and the physical training he went through (the brutal high altitude training), and reminds me of the cardio improvements that djoker made before he took it to 2.0. Still not enough.
uhhh
Old 02-22-2013, 03:31 AM   #50
country flag jcempire

jcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida View Post
Prime Agassi would be N2 behind Djokovic today. The current conditions benefit Djokovic a bit more.
Behind Djoker??? Are you kidding me?

Do you even seen they play against each other?

Agassi is way better than Djoker

Borna Coric will be No 1 by May 2016
Nick Kyrgios will be No 1 by Jan 2016
jcempire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:40 AM   #51
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcempire View Post

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better!

Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:47 AM   #52
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
uhhh
Spit it out Forest!

Without the use of portraits.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:56 AM   #53
country flag Alex999

Quote:

yeah bud, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better, you tell them .

p.s. No, he is not, sorry . and what does 'do you ever seen' mean? it goes like 'have you ever seen' or 'do you ever see' or 'Did you see it' or 'will you ever see it' or maybe 'are you going to see it' ...I thought that Americans spoke English with a bad accent... I'll talk to you when Nole wins CYGS 2013/2014 . now breath and relax

Last edited by Alex999 : 02-22-2013 at 04:04 AM.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:02 AM   #54
country flag Mr. Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wongbat View Post
I read an article where the second greatest player of all time behind Pete Sampras, Andre Agassi, said he was unsure if he would be able to compete with these guys. I think he's being humble.

No doubt Agassi would be number 1.

Is this even up to debate?
Welcome to MTF, enjoy being "new" and don't be afraid to ask questions!

Old 02-22-2013, 04:07 AM   #55
country flag Mr. Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyForNole View Post
Andre was one of the best returners in the history of the game. In fact, after Djokovic, he's the second best returner of all time. He would have been great in today's era and on these surfaces minus French Open.

A lot of you guys really undermine Murray's skill-set. His game is on par with Djokovic right now he just alway loses out on the mental edge that he lacks like Rafa, Nole, and Fed
In terms of talent with regards to grinding and base line play, they are similar, but Djokovic's game is world's more exciting and varied when he doesn't play another grinder. You won't see Murray play a match against Ferrer like djoker did this AO. Never. It's so far out of Murray's constitution it's loco.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:44 AM   #56
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

He is a bit better, not way better.

But today's conditions favor Djokovic a bit more.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:01 AM   #57
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

Agassi was the best pure ball striker tennis has ever seen

But, he never committed to tennis like Sampras did
Old 02-22-2013, 05:22 AM   #58
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

oh for sure. Agassi on today's slow courts would destroy. he was unfortunate in a way to play in an era of such speed courts, once again the homogenization of the courts skews records over the last few years besides Rogers. obviously Nadal's clay court records would probably be the same regardless, but Murray and Djokovic are pretty fortunate with the hard court conditions these days.

Sampras would struggle to dominate like he did though obviously in today's game with the lame ass slowness across the board

but it is a good point to be made, Agassi would likely flourish

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:43 AM   #59
country flag CrazyForNole

CrazyForNole has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyForNole has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyForNole has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyForNole has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyForNole has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyForNole has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyForNole has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyForNole has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyForNole has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyForNole has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyForNole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Federer in 2 View Post
Agassi himself said that Djokovic is a better returner than he ever was...nice try Fedtard
CrazyForNole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:21 AM   #60
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Would love to see Drugassi on clay vs Nadal in RG final. Beating Mugdvedev for a slam only further underlined weak era of the 90s

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote