entry list - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-28-2005, 05:53 AM   #31
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: entry list

Well the tournament needs money and there are plenty of good local players in this draw and those 3 guys will definitely help sell some tickets which help the tournament. The Buenos Aires tournament used to be a fairly poor one in quality, but this time around it's a very good field and that is more important than whether Puerta or Squillari deserve a wildcard.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2005, 12:45 PM   #32
country flag Denaon
Yes, I am

Denaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond repute

GWH is right, though I'd like Puerta, Squillari or any other good argie player to get the wc, this tournament needs "prestige". Recent years we had, Moya, Kuerten, Rios, still not enough for sponsors and public to make it a huge event. I find it almost impossible to go to BA Lawn Tennis and watch the final Federer vs. Safin. Perhaps that's not precisely what Jaite's looking for, but to put ATP BA into the next level.

Gato Gaudio

Last edited by Denaon : 01-28-2005 at 01:52 PM.
Denaon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 05:42 PM   #33
country flag willie

willie has a reputation beyond reputewillie has a reputation beyond reputewillie has a reputation beyond reputewillie has a reputation beyond reputewillie has a reputation beyond reputewillie has a reputation beyond reputewillie has a reputation beyond reputewillie has a reputation beyond reputewillie has a reputation beyond reputewillie has a reputation beyond reputewillie has a reputation beyond repute

last year the tickets were all sold for the qf, semis and final, this gives the tourney money for next year improving it.
Old 01-28-2005, 05:53 PM   #34
country flag Elwing

Elwing has a reputation beyond reputeElwing has a reputation beyond reputeElwing has a reputation beyond reputeElwing has a reputation beyond reputeElwing has a reputation beyond reputeElwing has a reputation beyond reputeElwing has a reputation beyond reputeElwing has a reputation beyond reputeElwing has a reputation beyond reputeElwing has a reputation beyond reputeElwing has a reputation beyond repute

today i read an article at a business local paper and the point is when Jaite claims it will be a great tournament and will encourage more players the will to come and play it every year, the price they had to pay for the week in the calender and the fact that they don't have a main sponsor just a collection of adds makes the tournament not as good as they expected, economically speaking, so they are gonna be ok if at least they get the money they invested , if more that's success for them, the tickets are $5 more than last time...
I think is worth it and I hope , over the years, this tournaments becomes more and more important, it's amazing how we are able to have good players in such remote conditions for athlets in Argentina
The newspaper is El Cornista Comercial but i think for reading it u have to be a member...

www.elcronista.com

A la legión Argentina SALUD!

Gabriela, Martina, Steffi...
... gracias por la magia
Elwing is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 01:04 AM   #35
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Good I want the tournament to get bigger and they are getting some big names now and it would be great if they could get a sponsor for the event, but there needs to be more tennis in South America and if people can support the tournament and fill the seats then even better.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 01-29-2005, 07:41 AM   #36
country flag josemanuel

josemanuel has a reputation beyond reputejosemanuel has a reputation beyond reputejosemanuel has a reputation beyond reputejosemanuel has a reputation beyond reputejosemanuel has a reputation beyond reputejosemanuel has a reputation beyond reputejosemanuel has a reputation beyond reputejosemanuel has a reputation beyond reputejosemanuel has a reputation beyond reputejosemanuel has a reputation beyond reputejosemanuel has a reputation beyond repute

Nicolas Lapentti will help to sell more tickets???????
It´s ridiculous. I have nothing against him, but he has done almost nothing over the last three or four years.
He lost against Puerta 6/2 6/0 in the final of a challenger at the end of last year.
And Puerta will have to qualify and Lapentti has a WC!!!!!!!!!!!
Also Edgardo Massa won La Serena challenger last week. And he will need to qualify too!!!!!
josemanuel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 08:34 AM   #37
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by josemanuel
Nicolas Lapentti will help to sell more tickets???????
It´s ridiculous. I have nothing against him, but he has done almost nothing over the last three or four years.
He lost against Puerta 6/2 6/0 in the final of a challenger at the end of last year.
And Puerta will have to qualify and Lapentti has a WC!!!!!!!!!!!
Also Edgardo Massa won La Serena challenger last week. And he will need to qualify too!!!!!
Ok, unless you have missed it I have nothing against Puerta or Squillari at all, obviously you aren't aware that Lapentti is very popular in South America among the tennis community and has been for a long time and does he have better achievements than Puerta overall. Corretja hasn't been in great form, but you don't whine about him.

Complain to Jaite and just make it an Argentine championships without any visitors and that wouldn't be good for the tournament.

Please complain about Nadal and Corretja as well it would only be fair.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 01-29-2005, 03:14 PM   #38
country flag willie

willie has a reputation beyond reputewillie has a reputation beyond reputewillie has a reputation beyond reputewillie has a reputation beyond reputewillie has a reputation beyond reputewillie has a reputation beyond reputewillie has a reputation beyond reputewillie has a reputation beyond reputewillie has a reputation beyond reputewillie has a reputation beyond reputewillie has a reputation beyond repute

i read in an article in internet that this tournament of the international series is one of the top in people attendance.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:31 PM   #39
country flag josemanuel

josemanuel has a reputation beyond reputejosemanuel has a reputation beyond reputejosemanuel has a reputation beyond reputejosemanuel has a reputation beyond reputejosemanuel has a reputation beyond reputejosemanuel has a reputation beyond reputejosemanuel has a reputation beyond reputejosemanuel has a reputation beyond reputejosemanuel has a reputation beyond reputejosemanuel has a reputation beyond reputejosemanuel has a reputation beyond repute

Corretja is a great player. Two time runner up at RG and he yes can help and sell more tickets.
And Nadal is a very promising player and has played very well at the Aussie open.
I have nothing against Lapentti, but I think it´s a bit unfair for the argentinians.
Tell me about tournaments that give ALL the wild cards to foreign players.
I think you won´t find anyone.
josemanuel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 05:40 PM   #40
country flag Elwing

Elwing has a reputation beyond reputeElwing has a reputation beyond reputeElwing has a reputation beyond reputeElwing has a reputation beyond reputeElwing has a reputation beyond reputeElwing has a reputation beyond reputeElwing has a reputation beyond reputeElwing has a reputation beyond reputeElwing has a reputation beyond reputeElwing has a reputation beyond reputeElwing has a reputation beyond repute

well just guessing here but i'm assuming that the idea behind inviting Nicolás Lapenti is to sostein the internationality of the tournament, of course we have quite a few players that could've been invited but having 90% of local players and just a 10% of foreign don't seem to be quite international.. again... just a guessing...

A la legión Argentina SALUD!

Gabriela, Martina, Steffi...
... gracias por la magia
Elwing is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 04:54 PM   #41
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute

OUT: Massu
IN: Almagor
NEXT: Ventura, Saretta, Corretja, Vanek, Tipsarevic, A.Garcia, Patience, Zib

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 03:47 AM   #42
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Björki
OUT: Massu
IN: Almagor
NEXT: Ventura, Saretta, Corretja, Vanek, Tipsarevic, A.Garcia, Patience, Zib
Yes, Almagro is. Corretja has a WC.

Horna and Chela should compete, but not sure yet.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 02-03-2005, 03:31 AM   #43
country flag Pea

Pea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond repute

Janko with 3 spots ahead of him.
{{{Janko Tipsarevic}}}
{{{Andreas Vinciguerra}}}
{{{Mikhail Youzhny}}}
(Agustin Calleri)(Hicham Arazi)(Nicolas Kiefer)(Sebastien Grosjean)(Rafael Nadal)
(Tommy Robredo)(Xavier Malisse)(Gustavo Kuerten)(Rainer Schuettler)(Fernando Gonzalez)
(Mark Philippoussis)(Gaston Gaudio)(Albert Montanes)(Ivan Ljubicic)(Mariano Zabaleta) & Many More...

FoRevEr:
{{{STEFAN EDBERG}}}
Pea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 10:10 AM   #44
country flag Daniel

Daniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond repute

Go Gaudio and Moya

~~~Roger Federer (16 GS): Wimbledon 2003, AO 2004, Wimbledon 2004, US Open 2004, Wimbledon 2005, US Open 2005, AO 2006, Wimbledon 2006, US Open 2006, AO 2007, Wimbledon 2007, US Open 2007, US Open 2008, Roland Garros 2009, Wimbledon 2009, AO 2010 ~~~

Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 03:09 PM   #45
country flag Springy

Springy has a reputation beyond reputeSpringy has a reputation beyond reputeSpringy has a reputation beyond reputeSpringy has a reputation beyond reputeSpringy has a reputation beyond reputeSpringy has a reputation beyond reputeSpringy has a reputation beyond reputeSpringy has a reputation beyond reputeSpringy has a reputation beyond reputeSpringy has a reputation beyond reputeSpringy has a reputation beyond repute

Please Flavio enter!
Springy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote