ACC Cancelled - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 07:12 PM   #46
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACC Cancelled

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat__boy View Post
Early campaigning or......?
Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruzzz View Post
So... Would you now UnBan some people after this?

I can understand your reasons, but i'm still not sure what to think about this. ACC is part of MTF, and if you don't do it, it'll be done behind the scenes, I can imagine people saying "You should be grateful ACC is gone", and that kind of stuff.
Do you really think you'll stop the trolling with this?

I would've understood this some years ago, but why now?

Oh well... In regards of the nice people, I think it's probably for the best of them... Some people don'r deserve that stupid hatred wave.
No one will be unbanned. It may stop trolling or it may not. Who knows? We have been discussing ending it for three years and have always allowed one more year to see if it will be better. The decision was made this year right at the end of the ACC that this was the last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
The entire moderation team should be declared ACC winners for this.

MTF isn't a school playground, it's an anonymous forum. The roasting threads went, now the ACC goes too. What next??? Let's kill all the fun of MTF for good?
Any thread that is not against the site rules will still be open. I guess it is up to you to have fun within the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
if this was legit decision, it would be an announcement, not just stickied in one part of the forum. congrats snowwyyyyyyyy on your fail attempt at winning ACC 2013. Moozza to win.
Read who the post is by please: MTF Admins and Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
and what about the POP CON?
It will be discussed now that this has been mentioned. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
I'd like it if the mods at least answered some of the questions being asked here.
Sorry for not answering questions in the first 10 minutes.

Quote:

Seriously though, I hope the mods have a rethink. ACC has been a part of MTF culture since 2004 when Dirk came out on top. 2012 was no worse troll-wise than 2006 or 2007 were and nowhere near as bad as 2011 when Filo went crackers. To ban it now is just oppressive and against the majority of the forum's wishes.

People forget as well there IS an opt-out for people who don't wish to take part. It may be criticised, but it's there, it's not like people are being forced to take part in it.

BTW nice one for deleting my poll you oppressors.
We have given you a spot to talk about the cancellation of the ACC and that spot is this thread. It will be contained here. Thanks for your thoughts though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2013, 07:14 PM   #47
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

@Snowwy, honest question, why are mods and admins trying to ruin fun of the forum? Aren't people supposed to have fun in life, and right to free speach?

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-17-2013, 07:15 PM   #48
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post

Sorry for not answering questions in the first 10 minutes.
fixed the smiley for you.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:17 PM   #49
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

We have given you a spot to talk about the cancellation of the ACC and that spot is this thread. It will be contained here. Thanks for your thoughts though.
So even though my words hold water, you're just going to dismiss them as if I'm talking to a brick wall. Sound.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-17-2013, 07:18 PM   #50
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Seriously though, I hope the mods have a rethink. ACC has been a part of MTF culture since 2004 when Dirk came out on top. 2012 was no worse troll-wise than 2006 or 2007 were and nowhere near as bad as 2011 when Filo went crackers. To ban it now is just oppressive and against the majority of the forum's wishes.

People forget as well there IS an opt-out for people who don't wish to take part. It may be criticised, but it's there, it's not like people are being forced to take part in it.

BTW nice one for deleting my poll you oppressors.
Yes there was an opt out, and that opt out was taken, but apparently it annoyed the sponsors of the contest, and then Start da Game who consistently opted out, was still put in the contest when he was banned and could not opt out.

But you know, one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-17-2013, 07:20 PM   #51
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Yes there was an opt out, and that opt out was taken, but apparently it annoyed the sponsors of the contest, and then Start da Game who consistently opted out, was still put in the contest when he was banned and could not opt out.

But you know, one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
That's his fault for getting himself banned then. You're only sticking up for him because of his allegiances.

The opt out was not something I was fond of but it was there for democratic reasons, making ACC a democratic contest.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:20 PM   #52
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
@Snowwy, honest question, why are mods and admins trying to ruin fun of the forum? Aren't people supposed to have fun in life, and right to free speach?
Sadly, free speech does not apply to privately owned forums. I believe this is explained when you signed up in the Terms of Service.

@ProdigyEng, honest question, can you explain to me why you care so much since you were not even here during the most recent ACC contest?
Old 02-17-2013, 07:20 PM   #53
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

C'mon guys, at least try to make some actual arguments based on something other than emotion.

wahhh we can't have fun, we want to play with the electrical cord, it's fun. Waaaaahhh!

It's pathetic.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:20 PM   #54
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Isn't there enough fun for you in the rest of the forum?

And the right to free speech is not what you apparently think it is.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-17-2013, 07:22 PM   #55
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
fixed the smiley for you.
Clear evidence that the trolling and bashing eachother doesn't stop when you cancel the ACC.

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-17-2013, 07:22 PM   #56
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

argument.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:23 PM   #57
country flag niff

niff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I believe this is explained when you signed up in the Terms of Service.
Oh shit.
niff is online now View My Blog!  
Old 02-17-2013, 07:24 PM   #58
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
Clear evidence that the trolling and bashing eachother doesn't stop when you cancel the ACC.
Correct, and it won't.

How many current bans and perma bans were as a result of the contest- even Filo's current permaban was given just before it started.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:25 PM   #59
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

I know im a Minority in here but evertime i heard about this ACC thing i felt like someones on the floor and down and other ppl are kicking him while the other Laughing.

This triggers hatred and i dont see fun in Competition that announces who is the worst poster.

why not a Competition who contributes the most to the forum? who helps the most? who knows tennis the most? who is the Nicest or the smartest?

Why is it always negative?
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-17-2013, 07:25 PM   #60
country flag ProdigyEng

Quote:
Sadly, free speech does not apply to privately owned forums. I believe this is explained when you signed up in the Terms of Service.

@ProdigyEng, honest question, can you explain to me why you care so much since you were not even here during the most recent ACC contest?
Reading TOS is old fashioned and painstaking process, I haven't read terms of service on a forum/online site since I signed up on neo pets

argument.
Closed Thread