ACC Cancelled - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 06:31 PM   #31
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACC Cancelled

I remember the 2006 and 2007 contests. Mistaflava was banned during the 2006 one. There were bans dished out during the 2007 one as well IIRC. Yet there was no excessive threat to outlaw the ACC because MTF hadn't turned into a nanny state by then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
The roasting threads are opened
Yeah in off-topic were 80% of GM never congregate....
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2013, 06:33 PM   #32
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

I bet they only did this because of the excessive hate that was on here recently. But that's just because Nadal is back and emotions flared up at both ends obviously. That'll die down a bit and it had nothing to do with the ACC, that's for sure

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-17-2013, 06:34 PM   #33
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Violation View Post
Very poor decision. If people were getting banned because of ACC, so much the better, it was a great way to get rid of some of the biggest trolls. It was a sort of the ultimate litmus test, if you can't your s**t together during ACC, you shouldn't be posting on this form anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Yeah well if there's personal attacks and the line is crossed, then those people get banned don't they? Why should those who wanna have fun pay the price? This is like banning alcohol just because of alcoholics.

Filo V went sick in 2011 and ate a ban. How was that anyone else's fault???
Yeah, and then half the forum cries over "mug ban decisions" and opens threads asking for the permabanned ones to be brought back/given a second chance. (I know you don't, Miro.)

I got a lot of laughs from ACC, too, but I can see the administrator's dilemma from a 'letter of the law' point of view. The forum cannot allow what its rules explicitly prohibit.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:34 PM   #34
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I remember the 2006 and 2007 contests. Mistaflava was banned during the 2006 one. There were bans dished out during the 2007 one as well IIRC. Yet there was no excessive threat to outlaw the ACC because MTF hadn't turned into a nanny state by then.

Yeah in off-topic were 80% of GM never congregate....
Well it's an "off topic" thread, it kind of belongs there. You just want it in GM so that more people can hate of the players and be mean. And that is exactly the type of behavior that mods want to avoid.
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-17-2013, 06:35 PM   #35
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute

Terrible, horrible decision
This type of censorship and blocking of user-supported events is the death of forums

Matosevic, Estrella, Dolgopolov, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Chiudinelli, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Garcia-Lopez, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Monaco, Djokovic, Gonzalez, Thiem
emotion is online now View My Blog!  
Old 02-17-2013, 06:36 PM   #36
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
Yeah, and then half the forum cries over "mug ban decisions" and opens threads asking for the permabanned ones to be brought back/given a second chance. (I know you don't, Miro.)

I got a lot of laughs from ACC, too, but I can see the administrator's dilemma from a 'letter of the law' point of view. The forum cannot allow what it's rules explicitly prohibit.
Yeah well they can just show authority by saying no to those requests then???

Not by going all over-zealous and oppressive and outlawing a part of MTF folklore.

North Korea here we come.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:38 PM   #37
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
Well it's an "off topic" thread, it kind of belongs there. You just want it in GM so that more people can hate of the players and be mean. And that is exactly the type of behavior that mods want to avoid.
No because it's part of the fun of MTF- for all of the roasting threads, including Murray's, for a bit of piss-taking.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:39 PM   #38
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Worst decision ever.

I'm ok with cancelling PopCon though.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-17-2013, 06:40 PM   #39
country flag rutinos harcos

rutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
Forum needs livening up. I love this place but stuff is too serious.
I agree.

ANTI DISGUSTING CHEATDULL
Balding,butt picking moonballer,the biggest cheater in the history of the sport.
THE MOST DISGUSTING WORD IN THE UNIVERSE:vamos
Endless DISGUSTING luck:rain, net, sick opponent.
Proud hater of disgusting BORING defensive moonballer from some island.
BEST SHOT EVER:USO SF 2011 Djoko King's CC FH on Fed's match point.
rutinos harcos is online now View My Blog!  
Old 02-17-2013, 06:46 PM   #40
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah well they can just show authority by saying no to those requests then???

Not by going all over-zealous and oppressive and outlawing a part of MTF folklore.

North Korea here we come.
Damn, you quoted my post before I fixed the grammar error... like 5 seconds later.
Are you even reading my posts before responding?
Old 02-17-2013, 06:46 PM   #41
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

I'm fine with this decision as long as I can be the spiritual champion every year.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-17-2013, 06:50 PM   #42
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

and what about the POP CON?
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-17-2013, 06:50 PM   #43
country flag rutinos harcos

rutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by djokovicgonzalez View Post
Terrible, horrible decision
This type of censorship and blocking of user-supported events is the death of forums
My thoughts exactly.

ANTI DISGUSTING CHEATDULL
Balding,butt picking moonballer,the biggest cheater in the history of the sport.
THE MOST DISGUSTING WORD IN THE UNIVERSE:vamos
Endless DISGUSTING luck:rain, net, sick opponent.
Proud hater of disgusting BORING defensive moonballer from some island.
BEST SHOT EVER:USO SF 2011 Djoko King's CC FH on Fed's match point.
rutinos harcos is online now View My Blog!  
Old 02-17-2013, 06:53 PM   #44
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like it if the mods at least answered some of the questions being asked here.

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-17-2013, 06:53 PM   #45
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
Damn, you quoted my post before I fixed the grammar error... like 5 seconds later.
Are you even reading my posts before responding?

Seriously though, I hope the mods have a rethink. ACC has been a part of MTF culture since 2004 when Dirk came out on top. 2012 was no worse troll-wise than 2006 or 2007 were and nowhere near as bad as 2011 when Filo went crackers. To ban it now is just oppressive and against the majority of the forum's wishes.

People forget as well there IS an opt-out for people who don't wish to take part. It may be criticised, but it's there, it's not like people are being forced to take part in it.

BTW nice one for deleting my poll you oppressors.

Last edited by rocketassist : 02-17-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Closed Thread