Jeff Coetzee Thread - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-10-2005, 06:36 PM   #46
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

ae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jeff Coetzee Thread

I spoke to Jeff in Queens on a couple of occasions, and managed to watch him practice and play his first round. In their first match, they beat Beck/Levinsky 61 36 62
On the first point of Beck's serve, he let go of the racket LMAO!
They then lost a very tight match against the Bryan brothers 76(3) 76 (5). I would imagine Jeff will either play Nottingham or 's-hertogenbosch, before Wimbledon. I'll keep updated!
Jim Thomas - Max Mirnyi - Jordan Kerr - Rohan Bopanna - Andy Roddick - Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi - Ilia Bozoljac - Chris Haggard - Jan-Michael Gambill - Donald Young - Nathan Healey - Lleyton Hewitt - Jamie Murray - Olivier Rochus - James Blake - Vince Spadea - Tim Henman - John Isner - Travis Parrott - Paul Goldstein - Tim Henman - Wes Moodie - Arnaud Clement - Michael Russell - Jeff Coetzee

Surbiton Trophy Challenger 1998-2008

Jim Thomas Official Site

Jeff Coetzee Official Site
ae wowww is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2005, 08:56 PM   #47
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

ae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond repute

Berdych/Zib d Coetzee/Mello 76(2) 36 76(4)
Jim Thomas - Max Mirnyi - Jordan Kerr - Rohan Bopanna - Andy Roddick - Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi - Ilia Bozoljac - Chris Haggard - Jan-Michael Gambill - Donald Young - Nathan Healey - Lleyton Hewitt - Jamie Murray - Olivier Rochus - James Blake - Vince Spadea - Tim Henman - John Isner - Travis Parrott - Paul Goldstein - Tim Henman - Wes Moodie - Arnaud Clement - Michael Russell - Jeff Coetzee

Jim Thomas Official Site

Last edited by ae wowww : 06-17-2005 at 01:00 PM.
Old 06-17-2005, 09:29 AM   #48
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Wimbledon draw: Jeff Coetzee RSA/Ricardo Mello BRA v. Rick Leach USA/Travis Parrott USA

Tough first round draw for Jeff! Hope they can get through it

Jim Thomas Official Site

Last edited by ae wowww : 06-17-2005 at 12:40 PM.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:40 PM   #49
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

2nd on Court 15 today (approx 2.00pm) - Jeff and Ricardo lost a tight match! 6-3 6-1 6-7(3) 3-6 6-2

Tough way to lose!

Jim Thomas Official Site

Old 07-06-2005, 11:59 AM   #50
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Jeff signed into Wimbledon's mixed draw as an alternate with Jill Craybas, and unfortunately they didn't get in, despite being just one place from replacing anyone!

Anyway, he is now in Newport, Rhode Island for the Campbell's Hall of Fame Championships. He and Wes Moodie face Gilles Elseneer/Yeu Tzuoo Wang in the first round. The match is scheduled for today-fourth (and last) match on Court 3, from 11.00am. Good luck!

I have photos from Queens (and some old Davis Cup pictures) that I will be adding to the site very shortly. Unfortunately I was not able to get to his Wimbledon match, but I have been able to get hold of a copy of his Davis Cup match It is great to watch!

I would imagine after Newport, Jeff will head to Aptos, for the challenger there, before going on to play the US Hardcourt season-Indianapolis, Washington, L.A. etc.

Jim Thomas Official Site

Old 07-07-2005, 11:07 AM   #51
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Jeff and Wes comfortably overcame Elseneer/Wang 62 76(5) and now play the Italian pairing of Daniele Bracciali/Uros Vico. The match is second on Court 1 (from 12.00pm) today. Good luck guys!

Jim Thomas Official Site

Old 07-07-2005, 09:48 PM   #52
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

(3)Bracciali/Vico d Coetzee/Moodie 76(3) 63

I understand how it is bound to take a long time for the results to start coming again... but I feel really for Jeff...

Jim Thomas Official Site

Old 07-10-2005, 11:12 PM   #53
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Jeff plays Aptos challenger next week with Jordan Kerr. They are seeded 1 and play Amer Delic/Huntley Montgomery in the first round. I really hope Jeff can win here, and with it, gain a lot of confidence and match practice.

Jim Thomas Official Site

Old 07-16-2005, 06:20 PM   #54
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

W R16 vs Delic/Montgomery 61 26 76(4)
L QF vs Healey/Taino 62 64

I guess they wanted to get to Indianapolis, for some real points...

Jim Thomas Official Site

Old 07-17-2005, 09:03 AM   #55
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Jeff plays with Tripp Phillips next week in Indianapolis, and they face the last accepted team of Kenneth Carlsen and Cyril Saulnier, in the first round

The early entry lists are out for the following week, and Jeff is playing with Chris Haggard again !! They will make their paired comeback in the Generali Open in Kitzbuhel, Austria. It's great to see them playing together again

Pics from Queens added to the website

Jim Thomas Official Site

Old 07-20-2005, 05:19 PM   #56
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Jeff and Trip won 6-4, 6-2. They now play no.1 seeds Simon Aspelin/Todd Perry.

Jim Thomas Official Site

Old 07-20-2005, 05:30 PM   #57
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Jeff and Tripp play 5th and final match on Grandstand court today.. Good luck to them!

Elsewhere, Jeff has entered the Idea Prokom Open in Sopot, Poland-again with Chris Haggard

Jim Thomas Official Site

Old 07-26-2005, 09:59 AM   #58
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Jeff and Tripp lost a very tight match to Aspelin/Perry, who went on to lose in the final. After taking the first set breaker, Jeff and Tripp lost the subsequent two sets 4-6, 4-6.

This week in Kitzbuhel, Jeff and Chris () play the Rochus brothers in the first round..

Jim Thomas Official Site

Last edited by ae wowww : 07-27-2005 at 08:06 AM.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:05 AM   #59
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Jeff and Chris lost to the Rochi 46 16... This is such a bad time for Jeff... He has to start winning sometime

Jim Thomas Official Site

Old 07-31-2005, 12:20 PM   #60
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Sopot: Coetzee/Haggard vs Artoni/Skoch

Good luck guys!

Jim Thomas Official Site