Jeff Coetzee Thread - Page 21 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-10-2007, 04:57 PM   #301
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

ae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jeff Coetzee Thread

63 16 10-7 [Match TB]. Face Rochus/Vliegen in QF.
Jim Thomas - Max Mirnyi - Jordan Kerr - Rohan Bopanna - Andy Roddick - Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi - Ilia Bozoljac - Chris Haggard - Jan-Michael Gambill - Donald Young - Nathan Healey - Lleyton Hewitt - Jamie Murray - Olivier Rochus - James Blake - Vince Spadea - Tim Henman - John Isner - Travis Parrott - Paul Goldstein - Tim Henman - Wes Moodie - Arnaud Clement - Michael Russell - Jeff Coetzee

Surbiton Trophy Challenger 1998-2008

Jim Thomas Official Site

Jeff Coetzee Official Site
ae wowww is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2007, 03:46 PM   #302
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

ae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond repute

First match on Court 4 at 12 noon against Rochus/Vliegen. Should they win, they will play Luis Horna/Nicolas Lapentti after a suitable rest, on the same court.
Jim Thomas - Max Mirnyi - Jordan Kerr - Rohan Bopanna - Andy Roddick - Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi - Ilia Bozoljac - Chris Haggard - Jan-Michael Gambill - Donald Young - Nathan Healey - Lleyton Hewitt - Jamie Murray - Olivier Rochus - James Blake - Vince Spadea - Tim Henman - John Isner - Travis Parrott - Paul Goldstein - Tim Henman - Wes Moodie - Arnaud Clement - Michael Russell - Jeff Coetzee

Jim Thomas Official Site

Old 01-12-2007, 03:22 PM   #303
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

"In Auckland, Jeff Coetzee and Rogier Wassen won two matches Friday to advance to the final, where they will meet top seeds Simon Aspelin and Chris Haggard.
With all doubles matches played indoors as rain continued to plague the tournament, Coetzee and Wassen first defeated Vliegen/O.Rochus in the quarterfinals 6-1, 6-3 and then backed up to defeat Horna/Lapentti 6-3, 6-2 in the semifinals."

Great to get the wins, albeit indoors. Hopefully they can make an awesome start to the year and win the tournament!

Jim Thomas Official Site

Old 01-12-2007, 03:32 PM   #304
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

2nd on Stadium court, on Saturday from 1pm. Rogier won this title last year w/Pavel against Aspelin/Perry. WIN!

Jim Thomas Official Site

Old 01-12-2007, 03:45 PM   #305
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Aus O doubles draw is made Jan 17, in Melbourne. After AO, Jeff and Rogier will play Delray Beach.

Jim Thomas Official Site

Old 01-13-2007, 06:10 PM   #306
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
In Auckland top seeds Simon Aspelin and Chris Haggard led Jeff Coetzee and Rogier Wassen 7-6(9), 1-1 when play was suspended due to rain. The final will resume Sunday at 11 a.m. local time.
.. In approximately 3 hours they continue.. Hope it's outdoors, and there is at least some fans!!

Jim Thomas Official Site

Old 01-13-2007, 06:58 PM   #307
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Photo from the final thus far. Rogier shouldn't be yawning .. I like Jeff's new bats.

Jim Thomas Official Site

Old 01-13-2007, 08:40 PM   #308
country flag JeffCandoi

JeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond repute

C mon Coetzee..

2007: Brasov CH
2008: Brasil Open & Acapulco
2009: Umag & Genoa CH
2010: Roland Garros, Newport, Bastad, Toronto, Cincinnati, London WTF
2011: Rotterdam & Valencia
2012: Estoril, Bastad, Bangkok
2013: Sydney, Estoril, Nottingham Ch, Cali Ch
2014: Chennai, Buenos Aires
JeffCandoi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 09:45 PM   #309
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Looks like there will be no live scoring, so I emailed the tourney director to ask the current score. I wonder if they are playing outdoors on an empty Stadium court!

Jim Thomas Official Site

Old 01-13-2007, 09:53 PM   #310
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

They won the second set 6-3, and now will play a Match TB to decide.

Jim Thomas Official Site

Old 01-13-2007, 09:54 PM   #311
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Rain again Jeff and Rog are 9-2 up in the Match TB, I believe 7 match points then!

Jim Thomas Official Site

Old 01-13-2007, 10:01 PM   #312
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

GSM 67(9) 63 10-2

Jim Thomas Official Site

Old 01-13-2007, 10:03 PM   #313
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Jeff wins his 4th career ATP title, first since 2002 and first with Rogier. They share 175 points and $20,250. This pushes Jeff's career W/L to 108-115.

Jim Thomas Official Site

Old 01-14-2007, 08:29 AM   #314
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

In Auckland top seeds Simon Aspelin and Chris Haggard led Jeff Coetzee and Rogier Wassen 7-6(9), 1-1 when play was suspended due to rain on Saturday.
But Coetzee and Wassen were the sharpest team when the match resumed Sunday and went on to win 6-7(9), 6-3, 10-2 (Match TB). Coetzee and Wassen raced to a 5-0 lead in the Match TB and closed out the match with another five-point streak.
Coetzee won his fourth career title - his first tournament victory since a tragic car accident in January 2003 which claimed the life of his five-year-old nephew P.K. and threatened his playing career.

Wassen won his second title, defending the Auckland crown he won last year with Andrei Pavel (defeating Aspelin and Todd Perry).

WHAT THE PLAYERS SAID
Coetzee: "We've been playing aggressive and that's what won the title for us. That carried over to the Match Tie-break.

"It's my first win since the accident. The (five) finals I've been in I probably wanted it too much. I texted my girlfriend and family and they said just go out and do it.

Wassen:
8-0 (in Auckland), I guess. It's raining a lot, just like home. I'm very happy to defend my title and win it with Jeff, my consistent partner now."

Jim Thomas Official Site

Old 01-14-2007, 03:32 PM   #315
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Jim Thomas Official Site