ARTICLES AND INTERVIEWS OF JUAN - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-11-2005, 08:06 AM   #46
country flag ~EMiLiTA~

~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ARTICLES AND INTERVIEWS OF JUAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh
He will be beating everyone this year.
yes...hopefully Hernych was just one exception *gulps*
~EMiLiTA~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2005, 09:01 AM   #47
country flag Ferrero Forever

Ferrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond repute

i'm sure it was, gotta be optimistic.

Juan Monaco, Tommy Robredo, Fernando Gonzalez, Juan Martin Del Potro, David Ferrer, Guillermo Garcia Lopez, Juan Ignatio Chela, Fernando Verdasco, Carlos Moya, Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer, Lucas Arnold Ker, Nicolas Lapentti
Ferrero Forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 07:45 PM   #48
country flag Mount Goddess
Mounts Little Plaything

Mount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond repute

He will be fine. Maybe he just had a headache or something!
Mount Goddess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 08:05 PM   #49
country flag roisin

roisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond repute

its lack of confidence but giv him a few weeks and he'll be grand. does anyone have a transcript of any interviews after the match today?

One muppet, who wishes to remain anonymous, has this to say: "You know, I uhhhh cannot stay all the time at the you know, base of the line. Too much uhhhh pression."

It is your turn to help - The "Save A Muppet Foundation" needs you!
roisin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 09:14 PM   #50
country flag Jogg

Jogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by roisin
its lack of confidence but giv him a few weeks and he'll be grand. does anyone have a transcript of any interviews after the match today?
after match quote
Quote:
"I didn't play my best tennis," said Ferrero, who struggled to get any stick on his serve, and looked out-of-sorts in his court movement. "But he played good tennis, with my help sometimes.”
Ferrero crashes out to qualifier
Jan 11, 2005
By Alan Granville at the ASB Tennis Centre, Auckland

In one of the biggest upsets ever in the Heineken Open first round, former world number one Juan Carlos Ferrero was bundled out of the tournament by Czech qualifier Jan Hernych.

The Spaniard looked a shadow of his former self as he went down 6-7 (1-7) 6-1 6-3 on a sunny Centre Court.

Hernych ended the year at 83 in the world, an increase of 150 places over 2004, but needed to qualify for the Auckland tournament.

The 25-year-old has already played three matches to reach the main draw but was expected to be flying home on Wednesday after drawing Ferrero in round one.

A break apiece in the first set led to the first set tiebreak, which the former French Open champion took with ease 7-1.

Hernych should have folded, after holding two set points at 6-5 in the first set, but he broke Ferrero in game one of the second set, a feat he repeated in the next service game.

With the Auckland audience still shocked at seeing a former Grand Slam champion being humbled by a qualifier, Hernych broke Ferrero again to take the set 6-1.

Both players traded breaks at the start of the final set but again it was the qualifier who ran down every shot, and helped by some poor shot selection by Ferrero, raced into a 5-1 lead.

The crowd were praying for a Spanish comeback, and they were rewarded when Ferrero broke back after Hernych threw away a match point and fired a weak backhand into the net.

Ferrero held his next serve, but after a nervous service game Hernych finally took the match and the applause of the crowd.

Marat Safin Carlos Moya Feli Lopez Nando Verdasco Richie Gasquet

Robredo Guga Garcia-Lopez Ferrer Tomeu

Interviewer: It surprises people how well you get on with Nadal
Carlos Moya: I can't conceal that. I love him very much and I knew that one day he would be better than me. He's on another level.
Jogg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 09:18 PM   #51
country flag Jogg

Jogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond repute

Tsunami donations
Fans and stars unite for tsunami relief
from New Zealand Herald by Julie Middleton
Tennis fans are far too polite to shriek when a star arrives among them.

But former world No 1 Juan Carlos Ferrero, of Spain, still got the attention he was looking for as he trawled the Heineken Open crowd in Auckland yesterday, collecting money for tsunami victims.

Spectators in the centre court's sun-scorched Yock Stand (tickets $36 yesterday) politely gathered around Ferrero, 24, as he moved swiftly through them with a yellow bucket.

Looking a bit overwhelmed, he seemed unsure where to put his eyes as spectators crowded around.

Fenny Strickett wasn't going to miss her chance to get up close. After depositing her $10, she reached out and shook Ferrero's hand, waving her arms in gleeful triumph as she returned to her place. (lucky lady )

"You don't often see the players in real life," said Mrs Strickett.

The collection was for the United Nations Children's Fund, which had been negotiating with the Association of Tennis Professionals for its stars to become "goodwill ambassadors" when the tsunami struck.

Defending Open champ Dominik Hrbaty (Slovak Republic) and rising star Rafael Nadal (Spain) were among those who collected.

Unicef NZ executive director Dennis McKinlay said linking up with sports stars helped emphasise the agency's belief that sport was an important part of rebuilding self-esteem in traumatised children.

Marat Safin Carlos Moya Feli Lopez Nando Verdasco Richie Gasquet

Robredo Guga Garcia-Lopez Ferrer Tomeu

Interviewer: It surprises people how well you get on with Nadal
Carlos Moya: I can't conceal that. I love him very much and I knew that one day he would be better than me. He's on another level.
Jogg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 04:10 PM   #52
country flag roisin

roisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond repute

awh that was nice of jc want it! man i wish i had been there....

One muppet, who wishes to remain anonymous, has this to say: "You know, I uhhhh cannot stay all the time at the you know, base of the line. Too much uhhhh pression."

Old 01-14-2005, 02:58 AM   #53
country flag Booshie

Booshie has a reputation beyond reputeBooshie has a reputation beyond reputeBooshie has a reputation beyond reputeBooshie has a reputation beyond reputeBooshie has a reputation beyond reputeBooshie has a reputation beyond reputeBooshie has a reputation beyond reputeBooshie has a reputation beyond reputeBooshie has a reputation beyond reputeBooshie has a reputation beyond reputeBooshie has a reputation beyond repute

Aw! What a precious article! That sounds so much like JC. He's so shy and everything, but he is still willing to do whatever it takes to help.

Quote:
Originally posted by liptea
The Ferrero Forum Motto could be: We're optimistic to the point of insanity. That's what makes us lovable.
Booshie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 01:20 PM   #54
country flag JuanChuffy007

JuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond repute

Awwwwww he's so nice!!
Old 01-14-2005, 02:10 PM   #55
Lynne

Lynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, if I was there, I would be shaking his hand like mad!

*#16 Ferrero Tard*

Vision without action is a daydream.
Action without vision is a nightmare.

Good Luck Juan Carlos Ferrero, Novak Djokovic, David Nalbandian, Richard Gasquet!
Lynne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 09:16 PM   #56
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Juanqui's tennis clothes went for 232.50 Euros on ebay.es... http://cgi.es.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI....e=STRK:MESC:IT

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 11:00 PM   #57
country flag roisin

man if i'd jus have had that money in my back pocket i would've bid on it...

Old 01-18-2005, 10:52 AM   #58
country flag Luna

Luna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond repute

J.C. FERRERO/M. Van Gemerden

2‑6, 6‑3, 6‑4, 6‑4

Q. Did a victory today help boost your confidence for the tournament?

JUAN CARLOS FERRER Yeah, of course. Yes. You know, to win a match in a Grand Slam always gives you a lot of confidence. Also because I think I didn't play my best tennis today, but, you know, I was running all the time, you know, and fighting until the end of the match.

So I think this gives me a lot of confidence to try to find my good tennis.

Q. Did you feel a little down when you lost the first set?

JUAN CARLOS FERRER You know, I knew that the match is the best of five sets, you know, so I can lose the first and the second and also I can have chances to win the match.

So of course I was a little bit disappointed to lose the first set, but later I was fighting all the time until I win the match.

Q. Could you give some comment about the match yesterday between Carlos Moya and Guillermo Garcia‑Lopez. One is a young player from your academy, and the other is a seeded player, also your countryman.

JUAN CARLOS FERRER You know, I think Carlos, maybe he didn't play his best match in his life, of course. But also I think Guillermo played really, really good, and he did a lot of chances to try to win, you know ‑ with his forehand, backhand, he played very solid from the baseline and he serve pretty well, passing 200 kilometers per hour.

So I think he play a really good match. And, you know, I think he play better than Carlos.

Q. In the lead‑in to this tournament there was a lot of talk that perhaps the courts would favor guys who preferred a slower surface. Do you find them better for you this year than in the past?

JUAN CARLOS FERRER Do you think there is ‑‑ I don't know if there is a lot of difference between this year and last year. Maybe a little bit.

But I find that the center courts, Vodafone and the other ones, are a little bit slower than the other ones like the court I played and the other ones. So it's that, I think.

So I don't know. When I play in center or Vodafone, I will tell you if it's better for me. But today, you know, I play a good match in this court.

Q. Last year was perhaps a little frustrating for you. Have you set any goals coming into this year?

JUAN CARLOS FERRER Not absolutely frustrating, you know. I had two big problems, you know, that keep me out from the competition like five months. Then I try to come back playing well and I couldn't.

So is a bad year, you know, and this year I start to feel better and find a way to get up again.

Q. In your comment before you said you knew the match was five sets and you perhaps didn't play your best tennis in the first set. Are you trying to ease yourself into the tournament or ease yourself into the year?

JUAN CARLOS FERRER You know, I always try to find the way to play good tennis, but not always it's easy. I'm starting to play a Grand Slam, and of course I'm trying each match to play my best tennis.

It's, as I said, that today was not, you know, that ‑‑ I wanted to play the best tennis.

Q. Do you feel your form is good enough to be a threat in this tournament?

JUAN CARLOS FERRER Yeah. Physically, I'm very good. Form, you know, I have confidence in me that after this match I will play much better in the second round. Who knows if I win, if I lose. But I think I feel mentally very strong again, you know. So if I lose early this tournament, will be doesn't matter for me because a year is so long. I feel that I'm Juan Carlos again like in the past, you know, so I feel good.

Q. Eighteen months ago you and Roger Federer were kind of at the same level. But like last year, for example, while you were experiencing strings of bad luck, he went on to win three Grand Slams. Do you think that now, like when you regain your confidence, do you think that you have the game to impose a real threat on Roger?

JUAN CARLOS FERRER Why not? I am the same Juan Carlos as before. So I have the same tennis as before, and I think I can play against him with my best form, of course.

#23 Ferrero Tard
Luna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 08:11 PM   #59
country flag Mount Goddess
Mounts Little Plaything

Mount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond repute

What a great report
Mount Goddess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 08:32 PM   #60
country flag roisin

he seems confident.

hope that transfers into his game.