Tournements that Andy is due to win! - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which tourny is Andy overdue to win?

Wimbly 29 74.36%
AUSSIE OPEN 5 12.82%
Any European Clay event 1 2.56%
Others... 4 10.26%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-23-2004, 10:53 PM   #16
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tournements that Andy is due to win!

IW-
Just like elsewhere, Andy was too busy showing off 143 mph serves, even with poor fitness. Then, he did that again in Masters Cup against Schuttler.
He lost a matchpoint in Legg Mason '03. He kept slicing the ball badly in Paris '03.
As a result, happy-go-lucky Andy Wiener tragically ruined the overhead after kissing up to Henman. (IW)
Wiener isn't Jimmy Connors, that's for sure.
On the bright side, Andy let it be known that he's no one's bitch.
Safin & Haas found out fast.
The future decides his life, not the past.

Don't mind me, iza. I like to smack Andy around.

Last edited by heya : 12-23-2004 at 10:58 PM.
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2004, 10:57 PM   #17
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heya
On the bright side, Andy let it be known that he's no one's bitch.
Safin & Haas found out fast.
Yeah, this was one of the best things of his year... three straight wins over Safin, two of them after Safin hit his form and was really playing great, should really be good for his confidence. Same with beating Haas twice in a row finally

Quote:
The future decides his life, not the past.
Heya, I love you. So let's look towards the future. I'm very excited about Dean Goldfine, what do you think?

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 11:58 PM   #18
country flag andyroxmysox12191

andyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going with Wimby
Old 12-24-2004, 01:21 PM   #19
country flag PinkFeatherBoa

PinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond repute

I went with the popular option but he can only have it if Tim can have the French Open. Otherwise, the Aus open would be a tournie he should win.

Maybe the sky will fall?
Allez Gasquet~Mathieu~Wawrinka~Mannarino~+++
PinkFeatherBoa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 04:01 PM   #20
country flag Golfnduck

Golfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond repute

If Andy won the French, I think I would fall over and die of shock. But I would be bouncing off the walls with joy.

GOOD LUCK TO: ANDY, HAAS, MARDY, BRYANS, JAMES, DJOKOVIC, MOODIE, ROBBY, MOYA, SAFIN, GICQUEL

DAVIS CUP CHAMPS FOR 2007!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO USA!!!!!!!
Golfnduck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 07:19 PM   #21
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.atptennis.com/en/newsands..._responses.asp
More Bullcrap. Clueless people spouting off about Andy's lack of skills.
They obviously haven't seen his true potential and they haven't seen how brainwashed, completely weak & lazy he was after he won USO.

It will be A TRAGIC WASTE OF TIME if Goldfine makes Andy negative and scared of opponents. Andy looked distracted and moved stiffly when he was around Gilbert, McEnroe and other timid people.

Joachim Johansson is a major force to reckon with in 2005 and Federer needs to watch out for this young man's brutal forehand (that took Roddick out of the US Open). He is improving by the match and also has a good all round game, yet I think Federer will prevail through the course of the year. The only way Hewitt, Safin or Roddick can beat Federer is when they play their A plus game and Federer plays his C minus game. Anything beyond that will be a massacre on Federer's part.
-Ram Praveen
Old 12-24-2004, 07:48 PM   #22
country flag Black Adam

Black Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
http://www.atptennis.com/en/newsands..._responses.asp
More Bullcrap. Clueless people spouting off about Andy's lack of skills.
They obviously haven't seen his true potential and they haven't seen how brainwashed, completely weak & lazy he was after he won USO.

It will be A TRAGIC WASTE OF TIME if Goldfine makes Andy negative and scared of opponents. Andy looked distracted and moved stiffly when he was around Gilbert, McEnroe and other timid people.

Joachim Johansson is a major force to reckon with in 2005 and Federer needs to watch out for this young man's brutal forehand (that took Roddick out of the US Open). He is improving by the match and also has a good all round game, yet I think Federer will prevail through the course of the year. The only way Hewitt, Safin or Roddick can beat Federer is when they play their A plus game and Federer plays his C minus game. Anything beyond that will be a massacre on Federer's part.
-Ram Praveen
i thought i saw that somme where on general messages

Quote:
Liverpool FC need to return to the good old days when the players were born and bred locally. Dalglish, Keegan, McDermott, Kennedy, Lawrenson, Hansen, Grobelaar, Toshack, Molby ........ or were they just the Chelsea of the 70's buying the best talent available in the market?
Black Adam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 07:55 PM   #23
country flag MissFairy

MissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond repute

i went with wimbly-don, just one more step andy, go on do it in '05 (ahem federer dya mind? lol)
I also did not eat Curry 'cos it rhymes with Murray.

I fangirl for Roddickulous, Youzhless and the Djoke.
g1MmYM@NnN!!!122!!
MissFairy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 08:14 PM   #24
heya
Banned!

I guess the desperate boneheads in the media are as stupid as anti-Andy trolls.

Don't worry about Duck Hunt. They want to get a reaction from you and to bump that thread up with the other trash threads.
The Roddick Depreciation thread was renamed to "Duck Hunt" by Rebecca.
She even admitted to me that she didn't appreciate the rude remarks that weren't
"light-hearted."
Hypocritical of her..of course.
She bet her money on Nalbandian during USO semifinal '03, so she started mocking and insulting fans here & @WTAWORLD. She's a David fan...
Fedex, rosie, sigmagirl, georgewhitler..etc. share her double standards.
Old 12-24-2004, 10:16 PM   #25
country flag J. Corwin
psychotic banana

J. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely Wimbledon, as I think his game is almost better suited for grass than it is for hardcourts now. And it's not like Roger is much easier to dispose of on hardcourts now either. So if Andy continues to make his one-step improvements at Wimby, he "should" win it next year.

AO or Paris TMS comes in second, imo. Personally I thought Andy would have won that tournament (Paris Bercy) last year had he eeked out that close loss to Tim in the semis. Carpet suits his game perfectly and I don't know why he hasn't snatched a title there yet (probably the European tourney thing, ya know).

Andy's resume lacks breadth (when compared to his depth) so it'd be nice for him to win IW or another European clay tourney. He was almost due for a big win after his 2002 Rome showing but I guess he sacrificed his clay game for grass. *sarcasm, I think*

Then of course I'd love to see him 3-peat at Queens or Indy. This doesn't really go under the "which title is he overdue/due to win" but winning these would put him with only a select list of players who have won any tournament 3 times, much less 3-in-a-row.

"For seven and a half years I've worked alongside President Reagan. We've had triumphs. Made some mistakes. We've had some sex...uh...setbacks."
George H.W. Bush, 1988

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
George W. Bush, 2000

15.5 - 40.5 ... 2,1,1 demolition job
(fan club spots are still open! )

Last edited by 1jackson2001 : 12-24-2004 at 10:20 PM.
J. Corwin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 10:34 PM   #26
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

I know what you mean about 3-peat. I'd like to see him do it too, just b/c it's I'd especially like it to be Queens, b/c it's a tourney with a great history, but there are so many players who play well on grass now, it's going to be hard.

If Andy keeps improving his volleying/transition game and keeps getting more comfortable on it, he will be VERY hard to beat on grass IMO. but he's gotta keep doing it and he's gotta keep increasing his fitness and stuff. Just getting fitter will help on clay, and I guess I'm kinda hoping against hope that the fact that he could hang with top clay-courters on their home turf on the absolute slowest clay-court possible will have given him a little confidence.

i was watching Andy's USO 2002 Match against Chela and courier made the comment how Andy really was still uncomfortable in Europe at that point (so he was like late 19/almost 20 at that point) and that he could play much better at home where he wasn't "homesick" (yes, Jim used that word)... I think that now he's 22/almost 23 when he's in Europe - this is no excuse anymore. There are some players like the Aussies, Asians, and South Americans (among others of course) who almost never, if EVER, get to play at home. So he's just gotta suck it up and deal with it and learn to be more comfortable there. It's not like he's unpopular in any of those places - he gets nice crowd reaction pretty much everywhere he goes. So there's no reason for him to be uncomfortable anymore. I think in Paris last year, he was also really reaching exhaustion stage and he just couldn't pull out those tiebreaks. This is another reason he needs to be more careful with his scheduling in the future!

Plus, for the next several years (at least), TMC is going to be waaaaaay overseas, so yea, it's time to step up.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 12-25-2004, 12:44 AM   #27
country flag Jennay

Jennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jackson2001
Definitely Wimbledon, as I think his game is almost better suited for grass than it is for hardcourts now. And it's not like Roger is much easier to dispose of on hardcourts now either. So if Andy continues to make his one-step improvements at Wimby, he "should" win it next year.
Just interested, why do you think this Jace?
Jennay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 02:00 AM   #28
heya
Banned!

Apr 3 2002
Andy Roddick while obviously talented and driven doesn't have the
physical constitution to have a BIG career in the men's game. He may
win a couple slams ala Rafter, but he'll never be a Sampras or an
Agassi IMO. At the ripe old age of 19 he's already crashed out of 2
grand slams with injuries.

Some of Roddick's implosions:
Cramps, Roland Garros 2001, Almost lost to Chang because of cramping
Strained Hamstring, Roland Garros 2001, retires against Hewitt in the
QF
Sprained Ankle, Cincinatti TMS 2001, loses to kuerten 1st round
7-6,6-1 probably because of ankle.
Swollen Right Foot, Hong Kong Salem Open 2001, retires 1st round
Injured Ankle, Australian Open 2002, retires 2nd round

I hope he proves me wrong, but it appears the genetic makeup just
isn't there for the A-Rod.

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...bb1b0963f0a0fe
Old 12-25-2004, 02:06 AM   #29
country flag Deboogle!.

He had a ton of injury problems early in his career, but since he's started wearing the ankle braces and stuff like that, it hasn't been a problem. He hasn't had that problem since Delray in 2003, thank goodness. he made it through 2004 with nothing major. Thank god and knock on wood that he can have more years like this. If he keeps Dougie on staff and keeps improving his fitness, he should be able to stay relatively injury-free.

Something else that Jim Courier said in the 2002 USO match against Chela is that he was kinda fragile but that as he kept growing and improving his fitness that he'd get stronger and have less injury problems. So far, that has turned out to be true. *knocks on wood again and crosses fingers*

Old 12-25-2004, 08:14 AM   #30
country flag J. Corwin
psychotic banana

J. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennay
Just interested, why do you think this Jace?
His serve, his improving volleys, his increasing confidence and belief on it, and most of all, the turn in results (relative grass versus hardcourts results)? lol

I think his groundstrokes and blocky returns penetrate a little bit more and stay low as well.

"For seven and a half years I've worked alongside President Reagan. We've had triumphs. Made some mistakes. We've had some sex...uh...setbacks."
George H.W. Bush, 1988

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
George W. Bush, 2000

15.5 - 40.5 ... 2,1,1 demolition job
(fan club spots are still open! )
J. Corwin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote