FEDERER OPONENTS 2005 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-21-2004, 11:54 AM   #1
country flag fightclubber

fightclubber has a reputation beyond reputefightclubber has a reputation beyond reputefightclubber has a reputation beyond reputefightclubber has a reputation beyond reputefightclubber has a reputation beyond reputefightclubber has a reputation beyond reputefightclubber has a reputation beyond reputefightclubber has a reputation beyond reputefightclubber has a reputation beyond reputefightclubber has a reputation beyond reputefightclubber has a reputation beyond repute
Default FEDERER OPONENTS 2005

hI GUYS
i WAS TRYING TO FIND OUT WHO WILL PLAY AGAINST ROGI THIS YEAR, AND CANNOT FIND ANY DATA ABOUT DOHA.
I FOUND KOOYONG, WHICH WILL POST LATER.
ANY INFORMATION ABOUT THE OPONENTS FOR THIS SEASON CAN BE POSTED HERE.
SILVY
fightclubber is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2004, 11:55 AM   #2

fightclubber has a reputation beyond reputefightclubber has a reputation beyond reputefightclubber has a reputation beyond reputefightclubber has a reputation beyond reputefightclubber has a reputation beyond reputefightclubber has a reputation beyond reputefightclubber has a reputation beyond reputefightclubber has a reputation beyond reputefightclubber has a reputation beyond reputefightclubber has a reputation beyond reputefightclubber has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: KOOYONG - FEDERER OPONENTS 2005

ROGER FEDERER

ANDY RODDICK

TIM HENMAN

ANDRE AGASSI

DAVID NALBANDIAN

GASTON GAUDIO

NICOLAS MASSU

PARADORN SRICHAPHAN

The field is set for the 2005 KOOYONG CLASSIC.

Triple 2004 Grand Slam winner, current Masters Champion and world no. 1, ROGER FEDERER (SUI), heads the elite eight-man line-up.

Federer will use his three Kooyong matches as preparation to defend his 04 Australian Open title. Apart from his other Grand Slam victories at Wimbledon and the US Open, Federer has won seven additional titles this year - Indian Wells Tennis Masters Series, Bangkok, Montreal/Toronto, Halle, Hamburg TMS, Dubai and Gstaad.

American ANDY RODDICK (USA - ranked 2) returns to Kooyong after competing for the first time last January. Roddick has had a solid year winning four tournaments - Miami TMS, London/Queens Club, San Jose and Indianapolis.

Brit TIM HENMAN (GBR - 7) returns to Kooyong for the second time. He made a strong recovery from shoulder surgery last year to climb back into the top ten and make the Tennis Masters Cup in Houston this week. He was a finalist at Indian Wells TMS and semi-finalist at Roland Garros, Rotterdam, US Open and Doha.

ANDRE AGASSI (USA - 8) will make a record eighth Kooyong appearance. He has played the event seven times, winning on three occasions, after each of which he went on to win the Australian Open. He has had a solid year, with one win in Cincinatti TMS and semi-final appearances in Indian Wells TMS, Washington, San Jose and the Australian Open.

Last January's winner over Andre Agassi, DAVID NALBANDIAN (ARG - 9), is keen to return to Kooyong to defend his title. Nalbandian was a semi-finalist at Roland Garros and finalist at the Rome Master Series tournament.

French Open winner GASTON GAUDIO (ARG - 10 ) will be a first time Kooyong participant. Gaudio is playing in the Tennis Masters Cup this week and was a finalist in Stuttgart, Barcelona, Kitzbuhel and Bastad this year.

NICOLAS MASSU (CHI - 18) will be welcomed to Kooyong for the first time after Gold Medal wins in both singles and doubles this year at the Athens Olympics. He won in Kitzbuhel and participated in the World Teams Championships' victory in Dusseldorf.

Popular Thai PARADORN SRICHAPHAN (THA - 27) will also make his Kooyong debut after working his way up the rankings this year. He was a winner at Nottingham, finalist in Chennai and semi-finalist in Bangkok, Long Island and Beijing.

The KOOYONG CLASSIC will take place from Wednesday, January 12 to Saturday, January 15. Four matches will be played on the Wednesday, three on both Thursday and Friday, with the two finals on Saturday. Play starts at 11.00 am Wednesday to Friday and 1.30 pm on Saturday.

The Classic has formed a partnership with TENNIS VICTORIA and the two parties have been working closely throughout the year. Tennis Victoria will have a presence at Kooyong throughout the four days.

"This is probably our best field ever" said Tournament Director, Colin Stubs. "I will be delighted and privileged to welcome the above eight players to Kooyong next January. It's great that Andre, Roger, Andy, David and Tim have decided to return. They will be strongly supported by our new-comers Gaston Gaudio, Nicolas Massu and Paradorn Srichaphan" he added.

The event will be nationally televised by the Seven Network.

Kooyong Classic tickets are available from Ticketmaster7 on 1300 136122 or online

http://www.kooyongltc.com.au/
Old 12-21-2004, 12:29 PM   #3
country flag avocadoe

avocadoe has a reputation beyond reputeavocadoe has a reputation beyond reputeavocadoe has a reputation beyond reputeavocadoe has a reputation beyond reputeavocadoe has a reputation beyond reputeavocadoe has a reputation beyond reputeavocadoe has a reputation beyond reputeavocadoe has a reputation beyond reputeavocadoe has a reputation beyond reputeavocadoe has a reputation beyond reputeavocadoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FEDERER OPONENTS 2005

thanks Silvie...never too soon to get oriented
avocadoe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 12:51 PM   #4
jtipson

jtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightclubber
hI GUYS
i WAS TRYING TO FIND OUT WHO WILL PLAY AGAINST ROGI THIS YEAR, AND CANNOT FIND ANY DATA ABOUT DOHA.
I FOUND KOOYONG, WHICH WILL POST LATER.
ANY INFORMATION ABOUT THE OPONENTS FOR THIS SEASON CAN BE POSTED HERE.
SILVY

Hi Silvy, thanks for the Kooyong field information. For normal tournaments, the entry list is usually posted as a thread in that tournament's forum. You can see the Doha commitments here: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=22028 .
jtipson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 01:37 PM   #5

ok! tHANKS

aS POSTED BY lIONEL... hERES THE LIST (iM TOO BUSY WITH rOGI FORUM TO CHECK OTHERS, SO i GUESS TO LAZY PEOPLE LIKE ME WILL BE GREAT TO HAVE ALL THE INFO OF THE TOURNAMENTS HERE.

Federer, Roger SUI 1

Gaudio, Gaston ARG 10

Grosjean, Sebastien FRA 15

Youzhny, Mikhail RUS 16

Pavel, Andrei ROM 20

Ljubicic, Ivan CRO 22

Lopez, Feliciano ESP 25

El Aynaoui, Younes MAR 27

Davydenko, Nikolay RUS 28

Johansson, Thomas SWE 30

Soderling, Robin SWE 34

Verdasco, Fernando ESP 36

Volandri, Filippo ITA 43

Beck, Karol SVK 45

Ferrer, David ESP 48

Rusedski, Greg GBR 49

Andreev, Igor RUS 50

Nadal, Rafael ESP 51

Santoro, Fabrice FRA 52

Costa, Albert ESP 56

Karlovic, Ivo CRO 59

Arazi, Hicham MAR 60

Koubek, Stefan AUT 62

Lee, Hyung-Taik KOR 65

Muller, Gilles LUX 68
Old 12-21-2004, 01:44 PM   #6

SO NOW WE NEED TO KNOW WHO WILL PLAY ROGER FIRST AND SECOND ROUND! sAME AS KOOYONG... IF YOU GOT ANY INFO, WILL BE VERY WELCOME. I DO NOT THINK ESPN WILL SHOW IT HERE IN LATIN AMERICA. MAYBE FOX? WHO KNOWS.
KISSES
SILVY
Old 12-21-2004, 02:15 PM   #7
jtipson

jtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond repute

The draw probably won't be out until 1st January. The latest version of the Doha site is here http://www.qatartennis.org/index.php?id=2.
jtipson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 12:31 AM   #8
country flag federer_roar

federer_roar has a reputation beyond reputefederer_roar has a reputation beyond reputefederer_roar has a reputation beyond reputefederer_roar has a reputation beyond reputefederer_roar has a reputation beyond reputefederer_roar has a reputation beyond reputefederer_roar has a reputation beyond reputefederer_roar has a reputation beyond reputefederer_roar has a reputation beyond reputefederer_roar has a reputation beyond reputefederer_roar has a reputation beyond repute

His main opponent is injury. To keep away from that, he has to say no sometimes.
federer_roar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 05:39 AM   #9
country flag Daniel

Daniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Silvy

~~~Roger Federer (16 GS): Wimbledon 2003, AO 2004, Wimbledon 2004, US Open 2004, Wimbledon 2005, US Open 2005, AO 2006, Wimbledon 2006, US Open 2006, AO 2007, Wimbledon 2007, US Open 2007, US Open 2008, Roland Garros 2009, Wimbledon 2009, AO 2010 ~~~

Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 08:43 PM   #10
country flag Fedex

Fedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, thats a terrific line up at Kooyong.
Old 12-30-2004, 10:22 AM   #11
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

I defintely have too much time these days, so I will bore you with my views on Roger's opponents in 2005.

There are two gropus: the real ones, i.e. players, and there are some out there who CAN beat Roger: an inspired, injury-free, persistent Juan Carlos Ferrero on the red clay of Monte Carlo or Roland Garros comes to my mind first. There are others as well. Nobody is invincible.

But the real opponents are lacking motivation, boredom and complacency. So far Roger has not shown the slightest move in this direction and I sincerely hope that he will continue to be eager. If so, great achievements are looming...
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 05:23 PM   #12

who will play with roger first?(doha) the site still has no data...
any idea??

silvy
Old 12-31-2004, 01:52 AM   #13
^Sue^

^Sue^ has a reputation beyond repute^Sue^ has a reputation beyond repute^Sue^ has a reputation beyond repute^Sue^ has a reputation beyond repute^Sue^ has a reputation beyond repute^Sue^ has a reputation beyond repute^Sue^ has a reputation beyond repute^Sue^ has a reputation beyond repute^Sue^ has a reputation beyond repute^Sue^ has a reputation beyond repute^Sue^ has a reputation beyond repute

i think is Robin Soderling.

WIMBLEDON CHAMPION 03/04/05/06/07/09 US OPEN 04/05/06/07/08
AUST OPEN 04/06/07/10 & FRENCH OPEN 09

^Sue^ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 03:15 AM   #14

Thanks Sue
I think They will show Doha in argentina!I cannot believe it
I have no idea what time difference we have BUT I NEED to see it

silvy
Old 01-02-2005, 01:39 AM   #15

List from their site

Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2005, Players Acceptance List (Main Draw):
(From Top Ranking, Name & Nationality)

1 Federer, Roger SUI
10 Gaudio, Gaston ARG
15 Grosjean, Sebastien FRA
16 Youzhny, Mikhail RUS
20 Pavel, Andrei ROM
22 Ljubicic, Ivan CRO
25 Lopez, Feliciano ESP
28 Davydenko, Nikolay RUS