"Blade Runner" Oscar Pistorius shoots girlfriend dead - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-21-2013, 03:14 AM   #61
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Blade Runner" Oscar Pistorius shoots girlfriend dead

Wouldn't surprise me if he's shot her because she's discovered his dope stash.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2013, 05:37 AM   #62
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...olice-blunders

the police officer who investigates the murder case also got attempted murder charge against him

not looking well for the prosecution ......

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:17 AM   #63
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The South African detective leading the Oscar Pistorius inquiry is himself facing seven charges of attempted murder, police have confirmed.

Detective Hilton Botha, who has faced fierce questioning at Mr Pistorius's bail hearing, was allegedly involved in a drunken shooting two years ago.

Mr Pistorius, a Paralympic champion, denies the premeditated murder of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp, 29.

His bail hearing in Pretoria is scheduled to resume at 09:00 GMT.

Reinstated charges
Police spokesman Neville Malila said that Det Botha and two other officers were due to appear in court in May.

It is alleged the three were drunk while driving a state-owned vehicle and they opened fire on a minibus taxi loaded with passengers.

(see link for rest of story...)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21528631
This is a nightmare. Pistorius is going to get away with it because of this colossal fuck-up.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:46 AM   #64
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post

This is a nightmare. Pistorius is going to get away with it because of this colossal fuck-up.
I hate his relatives, especially his dad and uncle who insisted that he is 100% innocent when they clearly knew he did it. Why not to remain silence and leave the poor victim and her family some respect

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:57 AM   #65
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Ppl he won't get away with it, he is going to jail for the rest if his worthless life's

Everyone knows what he did
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:45 AM   #66
country flag Mimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi View Post
I hate his relatives, especially his dad and uncle who insisted that he is 100% innocent when they clearly knew he did it. Why not to remain silence and leave the poor victim and her family some respect
I am not sure Amber, the lawyers can get him out of it

Old 02-21-2013, 09:27 AM   #67
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

Having a high profile case like this the police should have sent the very best investigators. Maybe they did. Then I'm not surprised the crime rate is out of control in many cities.

but no matter how many "freebies" they give the lawyers he's not gonna walk. Even if investigators have been slow with phone records etc that's gonna be taken up when they got it. It's a long trial. Now in the beginning it's easier for the lawyers but the more that is put on the table the trickier it will get for them
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:39 AM   #68
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah this was just a bail hearing I think. The real case will be longer and take a long time.
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:44 AM   #69
country flag Crisstti

Crisstti has a reputation beyond reputeCrisstti has a reputation beyond reputeCrisstti has a reputation beyond reputeCrisstti has a reputation beyond reputeCrisstti has a reputation beyond reputeCrisstti has a reputation beyond reputeCrisstti has a reputation beyond reputeCrisstti has a reputation beyond reputeCrisstti has a reputation beyond reputeCrisstti has a reputation beyond reputeCrisstti has a reputation beyond repute

I just hope he doesn't get away with it, or with some minor penalty.

"Take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.”
Elie Wiesel.
Crisstti is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:06 PM   #70
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

He won't. He's rightfully screwed. If anything, common sense will prevail if all else fails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
That's definitely not out of question.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:25 AM   #71
country flag Crisstti

Crisstti has a reputation beyond reputeCrisstti has a reputation beyond reputeCrisstti has a reputation beyond reputeCrisstti has a reputation beyond reputeCrisstti has a reputation beyond reputeCrisstti has a reputation beyond reputeCrisstti has a reputation beyond reputeCrisstti has a reputation beyond reputeCrisstti has a reputation beyond reputeCrisstti has a reputation beyond reputeCrisstti has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Nah, she probably knew about it for a long time. This is just another regular case of domestic violence.

"Take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.”
Elie Wiesel.
Crisstti is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:39 AM   #72
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

Tiger, Armstrong, Pistorius, Who will be the next fallen hero?? Place your bets.
BauerAlmeida is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:51 AM   #73
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

They will probably deal him down to manslaughter. I don't know what the lowest possible sentence for that is in South Africa.

I don't know where the police/prosecution got first-degree murder from anyways. Premeditated? Who would premeditate that mess? If I were going to stage a shooting in my home where I wanted it to look like an accident, I certainly wouldn't plan to shoot my victim through a bathroom door and then say I believed it was an intruder.

If they got in an argument and he shot her, it's still a serious crime and he's still a bastard. But that's not first degree/premeditated murder.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:13 AM   #74
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They will probably deal him down to manslaughter. I don't know what the lowest possible sentence for that is in South Africa.

I don't know where the police/prosecution got first-degree murder from anyways. Premeditated? Who would premeditate that mess? If I were going to stage a shooting in my home where I wanted it to look like an accident, I certainly wouldn't plan to shoot my victim through a bathroom door and then say I believed it was an intruder.

If they got in an argument and he shot her, it's still a serious crime and he's still a bastard. But that's not first degree/premeditated murder.
Right. I've been scratching my head about this. 30 seconds of planning surely can't constitute premeditation.
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:42 AM   #75
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Nope. It doesn't go from premediated murder into manslaughter but there are many different degrees of murder.

Right now they want him for a schedule 6, premediated murder. Judge can decide to lower it to schedule 5 (murder). That's also a loooooooooong prison sentence but not as severe as the first one which is life (25 years before you can even get parole for premediated murder)

My guess is he's gonna get convicted for murder but not premediated murder. Probably gonna get a 20-25 years in prison (that he doesn't have a criminal history probably helps) and be a free man around 50.

But if he got manslaughter (like if it was just a completely accidental killing) he could be free in 5-10 years and as a 26 year old that wouldn't be so bad. That's obviously what the defense aims for with the robber story. That's not gonna work
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote