"Blade Runner" Oscar Pistorius shoots girlfriend dead - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-18-2013, 07:45 AM   #46
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Blade Runner" Oscar Pistorius shoots girlfriend dead

I hear some fans are sending him support... REALLY? After all this?
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2013, 05:40 PM   #47
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
Steroids were found in his house, so quite possibly.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...Steenkamp.html
And he was never caught doping. Yeah, for sure doping tests are 100% reliable.

Stan Wawrinka
2014 Australian Open Champion | 2014 Monte Carlo Masters Champion

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
2008 Paris Masters Champion | 2014 Toronto Masters Champion
August is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:31 PM   #48
country flag coluta

coluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond repute

Great article:

http://theclassical.org/articles/the...-and-the-noise
Old 02-20-2013, 02:53 AM   #49
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi View Post
emotionally unbalanced or not, he still killed a poor woman cold-bloodedly and should get his punishment. I find it disgraceful of him/his dad would lie and claimed "no doubt" he thought the woman was an intruder, ignoring the feelings of the poor victim's family.
Oh, absolutely. When someone flips out and kills an innocent person, even if drugs are the cause, it's no excuse. I was just struck by all the guns he had and how he appeared to be a kind of paranoid guy who had also been abusive to at least one other woman in his life.

The more I read, the more I think that he did kill her in some rage. I feel so sorry for the woman's family and his family. For him, I feel that he threw away his life with both hands. That makes me sad, but he does need to be in jail for a very long time.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:17 AM   #50
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Oh, absolutely. When someone flips out and kills an innocent person, even if drugs are the cause, it's no excuse. I was just struck by all the guns he had and how he appeared to be a kind of paranoid guy who had also been abusive to at least one other woman in his life.

The more I read, the more I think that he did kill her in some rage. I feel so sorry for the woman's family and his family. For him, I feel that he threw away his life with both hands. That makes me sad, but he does need to be in jail for a very long time.
may be he can get out of it by using those "insane" "affected by drugs" excuses?

from what I read in internet today, that intruder story is as fake as hell. He said he woke up in the middle of the night, heard some noise in the bathroom, thought an intruder was inside so he shot the door 4 times without opening at and while at the same time, he admitted that the girl friend was in the same bed with him on that night. How come he did not realise that his girl friend was not in the bed when he got up and could be in the bathroom?

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:11 AM   #51
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi View Post
may be he can get out of it by using those "insane" "affected by drugs" excuses?

from what I read in internet today, that intruder story is as fake as hell. He said he woke up in the middle of the night, heard some noise in the bathroom, thought an intruder was inside so he shot the door 4 times without opening at and while at the same time, he admitted that the girl friend was in the same bed with him on that night. How come he did not realise that his girl friend was not in the bed when he got up and could be in the bathroom?

Or some other valid questions:

How come the robber, who had entered the house and most likely noticed someone was home, went to the bathroom, closed the door and started to make noise. What was he gonna steal anyway? medicines? Is it worth it to break into a gated community with guards and rich ppl to raid their bathrooms? Makes no sense.

How come Pistorious didn't use his fully functional ability to speak and told his gf to call the police BEFORE seeking confrontation with a potentially armed robber. Why would he tell he AFTERWARDS (and find she wasn't there). So the idea was to wake her up to gunshots and freak her out completely? or potentially get killed himself in a fight with a robber and have no help on the way? His body is crippled, not his brain.

In the same way he should also have screamed at the intruder before firing and heard a womans shocked reply. He claims to have done that. In that case why wouldn't his gf respond to Pistorious mistaking her for a robber?

How did he hit the "robber" so perfectly with multiple shots though a locked door unless the robber actually were standing right behind the door and he knew that and was having an argument with said person? A real robber wouldn't stand still behind a door getting caught and wait for the police. He would've made an attempt to escape right away, as soon as Oscar called out.

In short the story has more holes than his practice targets at the shooting range.

My own theory: Oscar had been drinking too much, he and his gf had a major fight, she escaped his "wrath" by locking herself into the bathroom. Oscar got even angrier and went for something to get the door up. His gf probably didn't know he had gone for one of his guns and was arguing/threatening to leave him through the door, Oscar fired his gun a few times in a fit of rage.

If the prosecutors use witnesses from neighboors and security guards in the area they can most likely prove the fight between the couple on said evening/night, loud bangs following since he didn't use a silencer, and it will be downhill from there because it will torpedo his own story. Technical evidence can easily prove how close he was to the door when firing and how close she was to the door on the other side when getting hit, including various other things that put even more holes in his story.

In short: game over. Question is more if he can escape murder in the first degree and get a less severe charge, most likely by using the fact he could have been mentally unstable due to alcohol abuse/drug abuse
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:46 AM   #52
country flag shadows

shadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond repute

Dan Roan ‏@danroan - Sports News Correspondent, BBC News
Breaking: Prosecutors say they found "two bottles of testosterone and needles" at the house of Oscar Pistorius
shadows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:03 AM   #53
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

saw this on another site...

If this bathroom is ensuite to the bedroom, it makes his story even more unlikely.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:57 AM   #54
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Hell, we don't even need circumstantial evidence to know that his story was complete bullshit.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:25 PM   #55
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

I thought only cyclists doped??

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:54 PM   #56
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroTree123 View Post
Hell, we don't even need circumstantial evidence to know that his story was complete bullshit.
Yup, an intruder locking himself up in the bathroom, and making noise there enough to wake someone up many meters away is insane proposition.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:33 PM   #57
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
Steroids were found in his house, so quite possibly.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...Steenkamp.html
Now, now.

An herbal remedy called testo-composutim co-enzyme .

I can't find the testo-composutim co-enzyme on the internet, but I do find Coenzyme-Compositum. It's in a tablet form.

I'm sure there's another explanation for the needles.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:59 PM   #58
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

I used to respect and admire this son of a bitch... Now I kinda hate him... It seems you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. It could be a really bitchy book.

Rot in prison, Pistorius.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:23 AM   #59
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

I read from the posters in TF that the polices look very incompetent and were being kicked hard by the defense lawyers. I fear that he may get out of it just like OJ Simpson

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/olympic...122804629.html

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.

Last edited by Mimi : 02-21-2013 at 03:43 AM.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:07 AM   #60
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

a famous sports hero becomes a doped murderer overnight.