My Quaterfinals on Friday Report - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-04-2002, 08:08 PM   #1
Nina

Nina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond repute
Default My Quaterfinals on Friday Report

Amelie vs Matevzic

The first set was very close, it could go any way; it went Amelie’s in a tie-break, in the second she was the dominant player, she did everything well, Maja called a trainer after the first set and she came at almost every change of ends, I couldn’t see well but it looked like her spine or shoulder was bothering her, she didn’t serve badly though and played some great volleys. Amelie had a real advantage and got a deserved win After the match she was throwing the balls into the crowd, it was the VIP sectors turn to get a ball. Yeltsin just arrived because Zhenya was playing nbext, she wanted to throw it to him but he was talking to some guy and wasn’t paying any attention, Amelie was like “Pfffff…”, had a very funny expression on her face, and she threw a ball to the other side instead.

Kafelnikov vs Saulnier

Zhenya had a pretty slow start, he lost his service game at 1-1, got mad at himself, “woke up” and got a break back, he then held and broke again and won the set. In the second he was again a break down (he lost his serve after being 40-0 up :rolleys: Saulnier hit a few great returns and Zhenya lost his concentration ), Saulnier (sp?) was serving for set but Zhenya got himself together and broke, he then held to make it 5-5 (that game was a bit similar to the one he lost because he was again 40-0 up and then two weird points but he won the third ), then broke again and held his serve. I’m predicting him to win the tournament.

In the end Yeltsin and Tarpishev again came to kiss him, he followed Boris Nikolaevich to the exit from the court and then returned to sign autographs That was unexpected

Bovina vs Davenport
This match was similar to the one they played at the US Open.
Elena won the first set 6-3, she was playing well, Lindsay couldn’t do much, didn’t even have a chance, Lena wasn’t making many errors, was hitting a lot of winners and was serving well. Lindsay didn’t look happy with her game and was saying the f-word very often
In the second Davenport took an early break, lead 2-0 but then Lena made it 2-2, then Lindsay won 3 games in a row, Lena held a serve and Lindsay served very well to get the second set, she got quicker too and started reading Bovina’s game better. The third was pretty similar.

Federer vs Safin
I only saw the first set live, both players held serve and both were playing very well, Roger’s backhand wasn’t as good as it can be though, Marat had chances to break but at almost every bp Roger hit an ace right at the line ; that was until 5-5 when Marat was luckier, at 15-40 Roger hit a passing shot that was just a centimeter wide (if it was wide that is), Marat then held and won the first set.
I saw the second on TV, Marat broke in the beginning and never lost his serve; Roger did have a good chance once but there was a line call that he got really upset about in that game and he couldn’t stop thinking about it (he even threw his racket in the ground ). It was also 15-30 in the last game of the match but Marat served too well today.
They showed Dinara who was watching the match many times. Marat then signed autographs for a quite a while
Nina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2002, 08:21 PM   #2
country flag TheBoiledEgg

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

thanx Nina
a great report

have fun tomorrow and bring the boys luck
Berdych*Tsonga*Nishikori*Chardy

Goodbye Marat 1996-2009
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 08:21 PM   #3
country flag Jessi

Jessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx Nina! You're the best!
v vvvvvvv vvvvvv

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." ~ John Lennon
Jessi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 08:58 PM   #4
Tryphon

Tryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Thanks for all the great reports Nina!

at Amelie
Tryphon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 09:06 PM   #5
country flag TennisHack

TennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reports, Nina!

You will be missed, Michel Kratochvil!
TennisHack is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 09:08 PM   #6
country flag Lindsayfan

Lindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond repute

strange to see Lindsay saying f**k,her fave word is s**t!!
btw thanks for ur report!
Old 10-05-2002, 12:04 AM   #7
Ruski

Ruski has a reputation beyond reputeRuski has a reputation beyond reputeRuski has a reputation beyond reputeRuski has a reputation beyond reputeRuski has a reputation beyond reputeRuski has a reputation beyond reputeRuski has a reputation beyond reputeRuski has a reputation beyond reputeRuski has a reputation beyond reputeRuski has a reputation beyond reputeRuski has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Great Job, Nina!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Nina

In the end Yeltsin and Tarpishev again came to kiss him, he followed Boris Nikolaevich to the exit from the court and then returned to sign autographs That was unexpected
You mean it's seldom to see Zhenya signing autographs for his fellow Russian fans at his home crowd??? Funny!!

I really wish I can be there as well to watch and cheer for the Russian players!!
Ruski is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 12:16 AM   #8
proteus

proteus has a reputation beyond reputeproteus has a reputation beyond reputeproteus has a reputation beyond reputeproteus has a reputation beyond reputeproteus has a reputation beyond reputeproteus has a reputation beyond reputeproteus has a reputation beyond reputeproteus has a reputation beyond reputeproteus has a reputation beyond reputeproteus has a reputation beyond reputeproteus has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the great reports Nina!
proteus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 01:16 AM   #9
kazblah

kazblah has a reputation beyond reputekazblah has a reputation beyond reputekazblah has a reputation beyond reputekazblah has a reputation beyond reputekazblah has a reputation beyond reputekazblah has a reputation beyond reputekazblah has a reputation beyond reputekazblah has a reputation beyond reputekazblah has a reputation beyond reputekazblah has a reputation beyond reputekazblah has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Nina!
Old 10-05-2002, 09:23 AM   #10
Nina

Nina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Great Job, Nina!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruski

You mean it's seldom to see Zhenya signing autographs for his fellow Russian fans at his home crowd??? Funny!!

I really wish I can be there as well to watch and cheer for the Russian players!!
no, because he left with Yeltsin and then returned to sign
Old 10-05-2002, 10:20 AM   #11
country flag vaiva

vaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Nina
Good report

Any pictures?
vaiva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 06:20 PM   #12
Nina

oh sure, I'll post many later
Old 10-05-2002, 06:25 PM   #13
Bubble

Bubble has a reputation beyond reputeBubble has a reputation beyond reputeBubble has a reputation beyond reputeBubble has a reputation beyond reputeBubble has a reputation beyond reputeBubble has a reputation beyond reputeBubble has a reputation beyond reputeBubble has a reputation beyond reputeBubble has a reputation beyond reputeBubble has a reputation beyond reputeBubble has a reputation beyond repute

Looking forward to the pics....

Many thanks in advance and hope to read your report on today's sad results, Nina
Old 10-06-2002, 08:16 AM   #14
country flag fresh

fresh has a reputation beyond reputefresh has a reputation beyond reputefresh has a reputation beyond reputefresh has a reputation beyond reputefresh has a reputation beyond reputefresh has a reputation beyond reputefresh has a reputation beyond reputefresh has a reputation beyond reputefresh has a reputation beyond reputefresh has a reputation beyond reputefresh has a reputation beyond repute

Very precise report Nina Didn`t you go for the doubles matches on the court #1?
Old 10-06-2002, 08:18 AM   #15
Nina

to which one?

Are you there every day? Where do you sit? In the Press sector?